New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

02-24-2009, 01:34 PM   #155
BMW_TT
Colonel
Rep

Drives: E92 335i

Thinking about selling C right now
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2009, 04:03 PM   #156
sinnet112
Major
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2009 E89 Z4

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_TT View Post
Thinking about selling C right now
I've come to learn that in these times, if you even have the slightest urge to sell, do it and you probably will make out okay. Hold onto it a little bit more and you will get burned.

Z4 sdrive30i | Deep Sea Blue | Ivory White Nappa Extended Leather | ZSP
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2009, 04:47 PM   #157
BMW_TT
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinnet112 View Post
I've come to learn that in these times, if you even have the slightest urge to sell, do it and you probably will make out okay. Hold onto it a little bit more and you will get burned.
Already sold it close to closing.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2009, 07:43 PM   #158
johnnymu
Warranty Killer
Taiwan
Rep

Drives: Nike shoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_TT View Post
Already sold it close to closing.
Nice, you should buy and sale for the rest of the week. Just set a buy and sale price of 10-20% each day. Watch the reaction of the foreign market of Obama speech, usually it's a good indication of ny market. GL

Appreciate 0
      02-24-2009, 08:30 PM   #159
nusevad
O! So Sour!!
United_States
Rep

Drives: Fast 240z / Slow M3

Garage List
1971 Datsun 240z  [0.00]
2008 M3  [9.60]
great time to buy right now, so many bargains...

BTW Reinhardt was right on this 2/9/2009 prediction that the market will go south....

http://www.enterprisecorruption.com/

Hes starting to have more credibility with me....
      02-24-2009, 08:58 PM   #160
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by FifthStreetz View Post

BTW Reinhardt was right on this 2/9/2009 prediction that the market will go south....

Sometime in the next 2 weeks the market will close down.

Bow down to me! I am God!!
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2009, 09:06 PM   #161
johnnymu
Warranty Killer
Taiwan
Rep

You should look at glass half full. Given the reasoning why he thought that week the stock would fail I took the chance and made 5 digit change. Might not be much for you but I'm thankful for the "luck" guess. What did you gain by doubting it?

Appreciate 0
      02-24-2009, 09:09 PM   #162
Seminole
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: Red Flyer

Garage List
2008 E90 328i  [7.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FifthStreetz View Post

He charges $1400 for a years subscription

What a crock.
      02-24-2009, 09:17 PM   #163
johnnymu
Warranty Killer
Taiwan
Rep

And are all those other experts free? Just so you know before his predictions he charge nothing now he's popular he decides to charge a rate? Is it wrong? I don't think so. It's called captalism, you charge for your service. If you don't agree I wonder how you pay for your bills each month?

Appreciate 0
      02-24-2009, 09:19 PM   #164
Seminole
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: Red Flyer

Garage List
2008 E90 328i  [7.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnymu View Post
And are all those other experts free? Just so you know before his predictions he charge nothing now he's popular he decides to charge a rate? Is it wrong? I don't think so. It's called captalism, you charge for your service. If you don't agree I wonder how you pay for your bills each month?
I'm not saying there is anything wrong with him charging a fee, go for it. I'm still really skeptical, and $1,400 IMO is on the steep side, even if I thought he was the stock prophet.
      02-24-2009, 09:22 PM   #165
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You should look at glass half full. Given the reasoning why he thought that week the stock would fail I took the chance and made 5 digit change. Might not be much for you but I'm thankful for the "luck" guess. What did you gain by doubting it?
I gain from volatility. There are tons of people out there that try to guess what is going to happen when it comes to the stock market. I bet you'd be really pissed if it went the other way. All it takes it one wrong guess, and you could be out a lot of money. I just don't get why people listen to these speculators. You are going to trust some random dude posting online with your financial decisions? That sounds like a dangerous choice.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2009, 09:27 PM   #166
johnnymu
Warranty Killer
Taiwan
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrari355fi View Post
I gain from volatility. There are tons of people out there that try to guess what is going to happen when it comes to the stock market. I bet you'd be really pissed if it went the other way. All it takes it one wrong guess, and you could be out a lot of money. I just don't get why people listen to these speculators. You are going to trust some random dude posting online with your financial decisions? That sounds that a dangerous taste.
I already know the fate of the market that week, just perhaps didn't notice how bad it could have gotten. The guys reasoning gave me more confidence and I was able to expose it and gain a lot more profit than weeks before. So yes do i give him credit for it? sure. But was I going on pure emotional reasoning? not really. I had pretty good idea the market was going to fall just not that much.

Like I said before, stock market is a lot to do with inside information. Not just hope and bell curves.

Appreciate 0
      02-24-2009, 09:29 PM   #167
johnnymu
Warranty Killer
Taiwan
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seminole View Post
I'm not saying there is anything wrong with him charging a fee, go for it. I'm still really skeptical, and $1,400 IMO is on the steep side, even if I thought he was the stock prophet.
Well, my financial adviser charge me much more than that so if I wanted a prescription to his knowledge it wouldn't bother me. But just so you know his info gets leaked out pretty easily.

Appreciate 0
      02-24-2009, 09:32 PM   #168
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I already know the fate of the market that week, just perhaps didn't notice how bad it could have gotten. The guys reasoning gave me more confidence and I was able to expose it and gain a lot more profit than weeks before. So yes do i give him credit for it? sure. But was I going on pure emotional reasoning? not really. I had pretty good idea the market was going to fall just not that much.

Like I said before, stock market is a lot to do with inside information. Not just hope and bell curves.
Oh, I completely agree that the market is manipulated. There is no doubt about that. Just look at the price protection team.What I'm saying is you can't base your decisions on things that other people claim to know. Sooner or later that person is going to be wrong, even though they can be right before.

I'm glad that you made out like a bandit. I hope it remains that way. As fast as you made that last week, this reinhardt guy could lose it for you next week.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2009, 09:44 PM   #169
johnnymu
Warranty Killer
Taiwan
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrari355fi View Post
Oh, I completely agree that the market is manipulated. There is no doubt about that. Just look at the price protection team.What I'm saying is you can't base your decisions on things that other people claim to know. Sooner or later that person is going to be wrong, even though they can be right before.

I'm glad that you made out like a bandit. I hope it remains that way. As fast as you made that last week, this reinhardt guy could lose it for you next week.
+1
I hear where you are coming from but it's like that saying 'it's better to be lucky than being good ". Trust me, I don't usually make irrational decisions. Personally, I just wanted to start a thread where we can discuss opportunities, economy, and the market.
This section is kind of filled with NSFW subjects. I'm beginning to think this forum is full of either dirty old man or pervs that can't get girls even with nice cars.

Appreciate 0
      02-24-2009, 09:57 PM   #170
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
+1
I hear where you are coming from but it's like that saying 'it's better to be lucky than being good ". Trust me, I don't usually make irrational decisions. Personally, I just wanted to start a thread where we can discuss opportunities, economy, and the market.
This section is kind of filled with NSFW subjects. I'm beginning to think this forum is full of either dirty old man or pervs that can't get girls even with nice cars.
I'm glad that this thread is here. I for one am getting a little tired of some of the threads that are made in this section.

I personally believe that financial decisions should only be made when one has done their due dilligence. I research the hell out of stocks before I buy. I watched one stock for over a year before I bought it. If you learn how a stock reacts to news and other influences, you can make it into a cash cow for many years. I find that more useful than some guy telling me the market is going down, and making a nut off of one day because he said so.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2009, 10:00 PM   #171
johnnymu
Warranty Killer
Taiwan
Rep

well, this is here say again but when asked on CNBC after Obama speech "what do you think will happen to the market tomorrow? Short the DOW!"

Appreciate 0
      02-24-2009, 10:02 PM   #172
nnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Since this a a stock predictions thread, I have a feeling we are going to stay between 7200 and 7500 for a while now. That 7000 number has a lot of resistance now.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2009, 11:29 PM   #173
MrHarris
yodog
United_States
Rep

Drives: '86 Corolla

Garage List
2009 BMW  [10.00]
We're going to hit 5500!

2009 E92 M3 | Alpine White | Black Extended | Advan RS | Turner Test Pipes | Dinan Axle-Back | OETuning | Eibach Springs | UUC SSK | VRS Front Lip | VRS Type I Diffuser | Matte Black | RPi Scoops | MS Filter | Yokohama AD08 | F1 Pinnacle
Special Thanks: Gintani | OETuning | eAs
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2009, 07:47 AM   #174
BMW_TT
Colonel
Rep

Quote:

5 digit change? Wow you made a very good profit there. I'm only hitting the 3 digit change. I don't have too much to play with.

Quote:
Well, my financial adviser charge me much more than that so if I wanted a prescription to his knowledge it wouldn't bother me. But just so you know his info gets leaked out pretty easily.
I'm sure his information will get leaked. Hopefully, I'll be able to get some of this information since I can't afford to pay 1400 on his financial advices.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2009, 08:38 AM   #175
BMW_TT
Colonel
Rep

Good thing I sold C.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2009, 09:00 AM   #176
johnnymu
Warranty Killer
Taiwan