New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

09-11-2017, 10:12 PM   #89
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep

Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
True up until Apple had time to launch new products. The X are okay, a non horrible looking Air Pod. They're not fantastic sonically by any stretch, but I blame that more on BT than the actual drivers.

Apple designed beats are worth a look, nothing like the pre Apple products which were Bose levels of bad. For a workout headphone where you're in a noisy environment, the Beats X are more enjoyable and certainly more playful than the Etymotics, and unsurprisingly, better driven directly from the iPhone without an external amp or DAC, which I use for the Ety and AKG.
Lol, claim to be an audiophile and then say Beats are the best workout headphones you can buy Can't make this shit up.

Bose > Beats by a long shot. I tried both extensively before purchasing the QC35 last fall. If you think Beats even come close you have a screw loose.
Haha, yes. I can imagine your self imagine is fucking awesome if you workout in douchetastic QC35s. Rock on, bro.
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2017, 10:21 PM   #90
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Drives: Race car->

You're both douches if work out in big ass headphones
Appreciate 2
UncleWede17872.50
jmg18493.00
      09-11-2017, 11:24 PM   #91
elistan
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: F30 328i, AP1 S2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdott View Post
What's the point of having a feature that is useless? It's a gimmic that doesn't actually work or have any app support, not to mention as already said, extremely insecure.

I'm sure whatever replacement has for TouchID will be implemented in a much better way than anything Android has done. And app devs will race to support it will a slew of updates, while Android still waits for apps that can make use of a finger print reader.
My guess is that apps won't need any changes to support face recognition, as I'm guessing the system call to do Touch ID things will continue to work exactly as before, but will provide the app the go/no-go signal based on the face rather than the fingerprint. The app will never know the difference.
Appreciate 1
      09-12-2017, 12:52 AM   #92
ImolaMoop
Rep

Drives: Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by pasghetti View Post
At a technology geek, I love tech too much to settle for Apple's pace and constraints. While they had a golden age during the time of the iPod and the first iPhone, the company has gone stagnant.

With companies like Xiao Mi using piezoelectric ceramic that vibrates the frame of the phone to produce sound which allows them to create a device that's truly bezel-less in their Mi Mix and upcoming Mi Mix 2. It's hard to be excited for anything Apple makes.
Bringing half baked and poorly implemented features to the market =/= innovation
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2017, 06:24 AM   #93
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
You're both douches if work out in big ass headphones
Haha, which is why I was talking about in ears. And comparing those to over the ear sound quality made me laugh.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2017, 10:42 AM   #94
geogerf
First Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: MY17 LBB M2

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z K View Post
Yup, I read this too. I assume the fingerprint reader will live in the iphone 7S but be eliminated on the high end iphone X model.

Looking forward to see what is announced tomorrow.
3D animated emojis... latest tech and gotta-have-it feature guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blksnowflake View Post
Apple is said to use a 3d face recognition....different than what Samsung has.
On Android phones face recognition isn't really secure because you can unlock the phone with a picture of the person's face.
With 3d face recognition or whatever they call it, it takes a 3d map of your face identifying the contours...you cannot unlock the phone with a picture.

But the iris scanner on Samsung phones is gold.
Ok yeah, I knew Samsung had something like that - the gf uses it all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdott View Post
What's the point of having a feature that is useless? It's a gimmic that doesn't actually work or have any app support, not to mention as already said, extremely insecure.

I'm sure whatever replacement has for TouchID will be implemented in a much better way than anything Android has done. And app devs will race to support it will a slew of updates, while Android still waits for apps that can make use of a finger print reader.
Yeah, I was fine w/ TouchID, but I guess it comes with getting rid of the home button.

Key note in just over an hour (not an fanboy, but just saying... lol)!
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2017, 11:30 AM   #95
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Drives: '07 Z4 Coupe, '21 X3, '16 GMC

Garage List
Quote:
Haha, yes. I can imagine your self imagine is fucking awesome if you workout in douchetastic QC35s. Rock on, bro.
I am sorry you have trouble reading. I don't workout in cans. I use jaybirds when I want to listen to music.
2021 BMW x30i • Phytonic Blue Metallic • Fully loaded
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2017, 11:34 AM   #96
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I am sorry you have trouble reading. I don't workout in cans. I use jaybirds when I want to listen to music.
You're the one that missed that I was specific about talking about post-Apple acquisition and in ear monitors. Jaybirds are similar to the X with similar BT losses. I've had both, but the X play nicer with Apple stuff, for the little that may be worth to others.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2017, 07:19 PM   #97
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

Still worthless fight, can you drive it, fuck it, shoot it, get drunk off it, who cares then.
Appreciate 1
      09-12-2017, 08:23 PM   #98
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Still worthless fight, can you drive it, fuck it, shoot it, get drunk off it, who cares then.
Haha, noted. Moving on.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2017, 10:37 PM   #99
xQx
General
Australia
Rep

Drives: 2008 BMW 135i (E88 N54 6AT)

Quote:
You can shoot an iPhone.

It's actually one of the best things for it.

Someone check back in and let me know when Apple "innovates" a way for me to export all the pictures I've been MMS'd over the years without having to click and save every single one individually.

One of the major problems with Android is that simple shit changes between manufacturers. Like the three little buttons at the bottom (back, home, app switcher) which can be moved around and changed - the actual ICONS are different between a Samsung and a LG. So even if you use Android, when you pick up someone else's phone, you look at the buttons at the bottom and are like "which one's home?"

Then when you are home, you don't know if every icon is on the home screen(s), or if its only some and there's some app drawer hidden away.

It's great that you can customize it, but a bit of 'default consistency' would be nice.

But the thing that most apple users don't realize is this doesn't actually matter AT ALL when you're using your phone. It's foreign when you first start using it, but then you know what all the shit does and you know where it is.

Anyway, iPhone vs Android is a stupid debate. Nobody's minds are going to be changed here.

But you know, if you have a gun and an iPhone, I thoroughly recommend using one on the other.

Come back and tell me which you thought was more fun - taking photos of your gun, or shooting the shit out of your iPhone.

I know which one I enjoy more.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2017, 11:03 PM   #100
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep

I like shooting things with my gun? Is that what you wanted to know. Taking pictures of your gun is millenial bullshit for people who can't shoot and own guns.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2017, 02:36 AM   #101
eluded
2JZ-GTE
Bulgaria
Rep

Drives: 340 6MT, 50e, others

Quote:
Originally Posted by xQx View Post
Someone check back in and let me know when Apple "innovates" a way for me to export all the pictures I've been MMS'd over the years without having to click and save every single one individually.
It's strange ecosystem. But if you're running macOS and you have iMessages, you can open up finder, hit shift Apple G and browse to ~/library/blah/bah and access them that way.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2017, 09:40 AM   #102
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Go to your conversation, hit the i in the top right. You should see all of the pictures/attachments. If you hold down on one of them and then select "More..." when the boxes pop up you can then select as many as you want to save all at once.

edit: reducing saltiness

Last edited by Hawkeye; 09-13-2017 at 10:06 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2017, 11:52 AM   #103
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep

Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

There's now an 8, and a X. What happened to the 9?

"Seven eight 9" Yuk yuk
Appreciate 1
      09-13-2017, 12:38 PM   #104
Kev312
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2012 BMW 320i

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post

"Seven eight 9" Yuk yuk
The X is a play on the 10th anniversary of the iPhone.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2017, 03:47 PM   #105
xQx
General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye
Quote:
Go to your conversation, hit the i in the top right. You should see all of the pictures/attachments. If you hold down on one of them and then select "More..." when the boxes pop up you can then select as many as you want to save all at once.

edit: reducing saltiness
try it, it actually won't.

it'll let you select them, but it'll only save about 50 at a time.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2017, 03:48 PM   #106
xQx
General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by eluded
Quote:
It's strange ecosystem. But if you're running macOS and you have iMessages, you can open up finder, hit shift Apple G and browse to ~/library/blah/bah and access them that way.
thanks! I'll try this.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2017, 04:44 PM   #107
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
try it, it actually won't.

it'll let you select them, but it'll only save about 50 at a time.
I've never attempted to or had a reason to save more than a few pictures from a chat. If I want to keep something I generally save it right away. 50 at a time is still not good enough? How many pictures do you get?
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2017, 06:35 PM   #108
xQx
General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
I've never attempted to or had a reason to save more than a few pictures from a chat. If I want to keep something I generally save it right away. 50 at a time is still not good enough? How many pictures do you get?
Well, none anymore, I've moved across to android (Which, FWIW, is just as bloody bad. You'd think saving saving MMS's to the storage card as normal picture or video files would be common bloody sense... apparently not.)

It's more about getting five years of history out of iMessage and storing it on the computer along with the rest of my photos. From my wife there'd easily be 500 pictures of the kids over the years that I haven't saved as they came in.

If you do it as they come in (which I do now) it's really easy; but if you're trying to extract your history, it's just ridiculous.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2017, 06:41 PM   #109
tdott
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: M3

People send me alot of crap. I prefer the iOS way where i can choose what i save.

I hate that on Android it saves everything to my gallery.

I dont heard data either, i delete old chats and stuff when not needed, it keeps your phone less cluttered.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2017, 06:43 PM   #110
xQx
General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post

"Seven eight 9" Yuk yuk
I imagine they skipped it for the same reason Microsoft did with windows.

First: 9 is an unlucky number in Japan.
Second: iPhone Nein!

As an aside, Microsoft had two other reasons:
1) To catch up with MAC OS X
2) To avoid a potential issue with code that still uses the following logic:
if (version.StartsWith("Windows 9"))
{
/*Windows 95 or 98*/
} else ...
Appreciate 1
Mr Tonka6058.00