New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

09-12-2022, 04:15 PM   #8361
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep

Drives: a slow car fast

wtwo3, I'm sorry if I made you feel like a "jerk or a bad parent." If you were speaking about me that certainly wasn't my intention.

Being a dad was something I knew I wanted before I had kids. Not everybody feels the way I do about it. Kind of a calling for me. From age zero to the present, love everything about it. Not always easy but my heart is always in it.

If you're not liking part of it I think that's perfectly normal. It can be a struggle sometimes. Again, did not mean to make you feel like you are doing anything wrong.
      09-12-2022, 05:31 PM   #8362
wtwo3
Major General
Rep

Drives: 23 X7 40i; 23 M3; 24 cooper s

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban View Post
wtwo3, I'm sorry if I made you feel like a "jerk or a bad parent." If you were speaking about me that certainly wasn't my intention.

Being a dad was something I knew I wanted before I had kids. Not everybody feels the way I do about it. Kind of a calling for me. From age zero to the present, love everything about it. Not always easy but my heart is always in it.

If you're not liking part of it I think that's perfectly normal. It can be a struggle sometimes. Again, did not mean to make you feel like you are doing anything wrong.
Oh no not all all... that comment wasn't directed at you at all. It was directed to the frowns or odd looks I get in person from people (family/friends even) when I explain that I'm not too thrilled about this whole parent thing.

'20 BMW m340i... '20 BMW X5 40i... '16 Infiniti Q50 RS 400... '10 Lexus RX 350... '08 Lexus IS 350... '00 Nissan Maxima... '93 Nissan Maxima
Appreciate 1
Esteban42220.00
      09-12-2022, 05:33 PM   #8363
________
________
Rep

Drives: ________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Modern women have ruined parenting, there I said it. They're so fucking neurotic that it has turned parenting into a 24/7 ordeal. i realise one needs to commit to one's kids and do your best to raise healthy, happy and well adjusted people but fuck me dead the fussing we do over them. Here is a short-list of the bullshit we deal with today that never happened in the past;

- Asking kids instead of telling them.... and then wondering why they don't listen

- Trying to deal with a 2 year old like it's a fucking negotiation with an adult

- 24/7 child care from both parents in the name of equality. To be frank ladies, if I am working i need to sleep, especially if when I get home I need to be ready to take the child off of you so you get a breather, i can't do that on 3 hrs sleep and he is gonna need you overnight to feed him regardless so why am i awake to fluff your pillow? Divide and conquer people, divide and conquer, this is why it feels so overwhelming, by being joined at the hip we have turned 2 parents into 1.25.

- This whole taking kids on city vacations etc, WTF are you doing? Is there a beach? Are there thrill rides? No? Then don't fucking take them because they get bored. Best vacation we have had in 10 years was when we dumped the kids on the sister in law and buggered off to southern france for a week (we then returned the favour).

- "It's all about the children" ...... so the marriage is put t the side completely and both parties resent it

- Bratty, spoilt kids because parenting style has no consequences

- Helicoptering, shadowing, fear fo dirt and mud.... jesus let the little fucker breathe and make mistakes. Don't be an idiot, strap them in to a good car seat etc but christ on a bike the coddling.

I could keep going, god i hate what my generation (X) has done to parenting, bunch of fucking muppets i swear.
You’re not wrong you know
Appreciate 3
2one3E902419.00
Alfisti6452.50
      09-12-2022, 05:42 PM   #8364
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtwo3 View Post
Quote:

Oh no not all all... that comment wasn't directed at you at all. It was directed to the frowns or odd looks I get in person from people (family/friends even) when I explain that I'm not too thrilled about this whole parent thing.
If you still have the receipt maybe the stork will accept a return.
UncleWede17875.50
      09-12-2022, 06:02 PM   #8365
Darth One
drunk poster
United_States
Rep

Drives: M4 GTS | E46 M3

So old do you have to be, or how shitty should your current job be, to create an account on the Social Security Administration and see if your benefit is enough to tell your boss and the world to fuck off?

Spoiler: it's not enough
Appreciate 1
Buug95916842.50
      09-12-2022, 06:26 PM   #8366
wtwo3
Major General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Modern women have ruined parenting, there I said it. They're so fucking neurotic that it has turned parenting into a 24/7 ordeal. i realise one needs to commit to one's kids and do your best to raise healthy, happy and well adjusted people but fuck me dead the fussing we do over them. Here is a short-list of the bullshit we deal with today that never happened in the past;

- Asking kids instead of telling them.... and then wondering why they don't listen

- Trying to deal with a 2 year old like it's a fucking negotiation with an adult

- 24/7 child care from both parents in the name of equality. To be frank ladies, if I am working i need to sleep, especially if when I get home I need to be ready to take the child off of you so you get a breather, i can't do that on 3 hrs sleep and he is gonna need you overnight to feed him regardless so why am i awake to fluff your pillow? Divide and conquer people, divide and conquer, this is why it feels so overwhelming, by being joined at the hip we have turned 2 parents into 1.25.

- This whole taking kids on city vacations etc, WTF are you doing? Is there a beach? Are there thrill rides? No? Then don't fucking take them because they get bored. Best vacation we have had in 10 years was when we dumped the kids on the sister in law and buggered off to southern france for a week (we then returned the favour).

- "It's all about the children" ...... so the marriage is put t the side completely and both parties resent it

- Helicoptering, shadowing, fear fo dirt and mud.... jesus let the little fucker breathe and make mistakes. Don't be an idiot, strap them in to a good car seat etc but christ on a bike the coddling.

I could keep going, god i hate what my generation (X) has done to parenting, bunch of fucking muppets i swear.
I can't really blame women At least in my situation my wife has a great career as a physician and pretty much makes as much as I do. So we definitely have to split duties (except she works many weekends so I end up managing both kids on my own on those days).

But in terms of parenting... I agree... I see many of our friends and their parenting styles of basically bending backwards for their kids and it makes me sick. God forbid their child feel even a microscopic hint of discomfort in their life.

'20 BMW m340i... '20 BMW X5 40i... '16 Infiniti Q50 RS 400... '10 Lexus RX 350... '08 Lexus IS 350... '00 Nissan Maxima... '93 Nissan Maxima
Appreciate 1
________4157.00
      09-12-2022, 06:33 PM   #8367
wtwo3
Major General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth One View Post
So old do you have to be, or how shitty should your current job be, to create an account on the Social Security Administration and see if your benefit is enough to tell your boss and the world to fuck off?

Spoiler: it's not enough
If we're getting technical about it.. 62 years old?

Appreciate 0
      09-12-2022, 06:36 PM   #8368
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I can't really blame women At least in my situation my wife has a great career as a physician and pretty much makes as much as I do. So we definitely have to split duties (except she works many weekends so I end up managing both kids on my own on those days).

But in terms of parenting... I agree... I see many of our friends and their parenting styles of basically bending backwards for their kids and it makes me sick. God forbid their child feel even a microscopic hint of discomfort in their life.
Agree, that's actually bad parenting. They have to learn to stand on their own two feet.
      09-12-2022, 06:45 PM   #8369
OkieSnuffBox
Major
Rep

Drives: '13 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkish Pickle View Post
post-clean photos; will go in 2 weeks for their machine polishing class. how awesome you can rent a polisher at a rental detailing bay?
Braver than I am (regarding taking a polisher to my pretty new BMW when I don't know what I'm doing, even with pros there). You want to make the car SUPER easy to keep clean?

Take it to a pro, let them clay it, polish it, and give it a couple of coats of REAL ceramic coating........not that fake "ceramic wax" garbage you see Griot's sell. For the next 3-5 years, you can literally pull through a self-service car wash, spray it off and it will be fresh and clean again.

I just dropped my '23 BRZ off for that today. It's only got 45 miles on it and lives in a garage and won't be driven often.
Appreciate 1
dradernh4179.00
      09-12-2022, 06:51 PM   #8370
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:

You're not wrong! I don't have kids, but I deal with everybody else's kids. The parenting is the issue, and after their parenting fails…..

….just call the cops and let them parent for you (…all while dealing with people's sensitivity in this soft ass world where telling a parent to "parent better" is considered unprofessional in the eyes of some and easily triggers the parent).
Appreciate 1
      09-13-2022, 02:28 AM   #8371
Dang3r
Schmollbraten
Germany
Rep

Drives: M4CPC // HP4 Comp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
….just call the cops and let them parent for you (…all while dealing with people's sensitivity in this soft ass world where telling a parent to "parent better" is considered unprofessional in the eyes of some and easily triggers the parent).
Or send them to boot camp and let them chew full metal jackets, Private Paula will take care of them

Some say, that my scrotum has its own small gravity field and when Im slowing down that brake lights come on at my buttox
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan24818.50
      09-13-2022, 07:26 AM   #8372
Alfisti
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: 2008 Saab 9-3 Combi

Quote:
To clarify, I don't think parenting is the woman's problem and we should just work. I took 3 months paternity leave for both kids for example and my mrs makes double what I do so yeah we need to share the load. It's the joined at the hip, duplication of duties that kills me. The sympathy wake ups when she's on mat leave and I was working was insane, i'd return home at 530pm absolutely gassed and she is completely disheveled, i SHOULD be taking the child off of her and letting her run a bath and chill but I am just as gassed because i didn't sleep.

It's such poor use of you resources.

More broadly speaking it's the asking that does my head in, "Jnr would you like to go to the park"...... try "jnr we are going to the park, shoes on mate".

It's like night and day and option 1 leads to indecision, delays and general fuckwittery.
Appreciate 2
wtwo317864.00
________4157.00
      09-13-2022, 10:57 AM   #8373
Darth One
drunk poster
United_States
Rep

I confess to being very excited about making my contribution to naming this mission.

https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/stat...0&ref_url=
Appreciate 1
wtwo317864.00
      09-13-2022, 11:38 AM   #8374
wtwo3
Major General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I confess to being very excited about making my contribution to naming this mission.

https://twitter.com/nycsouthpaw/stat...1_c10&ref_url=
What was your contribution?

Appreciate 0
      09-13-2022, 12:41 PM   #8375
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

I confess that this isn't bad…..
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-13-2022, 01:31 PM   #8376
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
My daughter likes that as well. I'm currently on a Dr. Pepper & Creme Soda kick.
      09-13-2022, 01:46 PM   #8377
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
My daughter likes that as well. I'm currently on the Dr. Pepper & Creme Soda kick.
That one is really good.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2022, 01:57 PM   #8378
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
My daughter likes that as well. I'm currently on the Dr. Pepper & Creme Soda kick.
That one is really good.
Yeah, I've always liked cream soda, and Dr Pepper. Together they are awesome.
      09-13-2022, 03:08 PM   #8379
Dpc2u
Major
No_Country
Rep

Drives: E93 M3, E60 M5, F15 X5, E46

Quote:
Wait, I like Dr. Pepper and Cream Soda. You are mixing them together? Interesting.........🤔

IG - @thebimmerhaus
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2022, 03:23 PM   #8380
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dpc2u View Post
Wait, I like Dr. Pepper and Cream Soda. You are mixing them together? Interesting.........🤔
They sell them together.
Attached Images

09-13-2022, 03:41 PM   #8381
Darth One
drunk poster
United_States
Rep

Quote:
What was your contribution?
Still working on it. Tbh i haven’t come up with anything funnier than the standard “Probe to Uranus”. Sometimes the simplest answer is the best
Appreciate 1
wtwo317864.00
      09-13-2022, 03:52 PM   #8382
wtwo3
Major General
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Still working on it. Tbh i haven’t come up with anything funnier than the standard “Probe to Uranus”. Sometimes the simplest answer is the best
This is so great

Appreciate 0