New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

12-19-2022, 01:38 PM   #23
ErikJ1
Private First Class
Rep

Drives: 2015 Infiniti Q50 Hybrid Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy-G View Post
It's funny, growing up in NJ the only people that had guns were mobsters or car jackers. Move to Florida and every Mildred, Brad and Harry has one.

I keep saying I should get my CCW and look into a piece but have never run across a need. However, by the time I run into a need and dont have one it will be too late.

What to do, what to do???
Florida is the most heavily armed State in the union. We have the most CCW's issued( 1 out of 8 residents holds one) and we have the most FFL's per capita.
Appreciate 3
NYG10689.00
NickyC17473.50
      12-20-2022, 07:35 AM   #24
billnchristy
Major
Rep

Drives: 2022 M440xi GC

Garage List
Keltec P32. I carried a CZ P07 before but it just got too big and bulky.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2022, 03:21 PM   #25
XutvJet
Major General
Rep

Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

A wallet, car keys, and phone (last 20 years or so) and I've managed just fine in 48 years on this planet including living, visiting, and working extended periods in some areas considered "dangerous". You haven't lived until you've worked for months in the 9th Ward New Orleans (pre-Katrina)
      12-22-2022, 05:39 AM   #26
cooolone2
Captain
Rep

Drives: 20' M240iX B58, 01' 330XI E46

Wallet with cards AND cash! Various club cards, license, license's, keys, lip balm, hand sanitizer, sun glasses and glasses or one that's both. A light jacket if needed... Lol

But for CCW? Well, not posting pics because well, that's just silly. But I have enough "different" choices that it all just depends. Is it summer or winter? What am I wearing, and where am I going, doing? It's all relevant! As is the load out... It all depends. But usually I will load alternate bull nose and HP. Usually look for Top Spec ammo, meaning to Max of caliber, not necessarily +P or ++... No. For instance, .357Sig @ 1500fps will handle any situation, and out of a 4" barrel at 15yds, I can drive tacks, so I'm good! Again, all depends. Winter gets the heavies and summer the smaller lighter variant, like .380 pocket. But I never ever pocket carry. Holster or bellyband, simple and keeps it consistent and where I know it is and will be, heaven forbid it's ever needed.

As for the people chiming in trying to debate the need... Well I'll just leave with the old adage:

It is better to HAVE and never NEED (it), than to NEED and NOT have (it)!

And despite the media manufactured reality, 98% of those who have, will never need. And that's ok! If anything I'll prescribe to the SCOTUS which has ruled consistently that in order to enjoy your RIGHTS, you MUST invoke or exercise them! Nothing is given...

Have a great day!
Lol
Appreciate 1
      03-01-2023, 06:10 PM   #27
Golddots
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: e90 m3

P365xl with 407k spare mag appendix. Most days a k390 wharncliff delica.
I practice 100 rounds a week bullseye and bill drills often specifically with a training clone of my carry gun to reduce the wear and tear.
Appreciate 0