New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

09-25-2017, 08:15 AM   #1
EALm4
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: SO 16' M4

Layover in Qatar

I have a 9.5hr layover in Qatar. Anyone have any recommendations on what to do? I've heard that Qatar air can provide complimentary hotel stay at the airport.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2017, 11:44 AM   #2
CANGRKE70
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Canada
Rep

Drives: 2012 BMW X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by EALm4 View Post
I have a 9.5hr layover in Qatar. Anyone have any recommendations on what to do? I've heard that Qatar air can provide complimentary hotel stay at the airport.
My wife and I didn't fly in by Qatar air, but you can rent the room for 5 hours (have to contact them over website, or take the chance and walk right up. You can shop (duty free), smoke in the smoking room and eat at tons of nice restaurants. We were there for 10 hours so we rented the room for 5 hours to take a shower, get a quick nap in before our next flight to the Seychelles.
Appreciate 1
EALm43346.50
      09-26-2017, 07:01 AM   #3
JL350
Enlisted Member
Australia
Rep

Drives: 2.0D X4

I spent plenty of time there last year, flew through a dozen times...

If you don't have lounge access or a hotel booking and you want to get away from everyone head down to gates D and E, also smoking lounge at this end is not as busy as the main ones for a, b, and c gates. There are plenty of seats etc. and not busy.

Also when you go downstairs from inbound security there are carts for carry on baggage on the right hand side of the escalators. It can be a little disorienting around the central shopping area but there is enough to kill a bit of time and it is pretty good for a big airport.

Note that your outbound gate may not come up on the boards until about two hours before the flight departure time.
Appreciate 1
EALm43346.50