New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)

05-12-2023, 12:33 PM   #243
TheBingoBalls
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Drives: BMW

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
Apart from introducing silly success penalties Horner has chuckled at some other teams for basically screwing their car developments. Merc and Ferrari could do worse than come up with something that is a match for the RB effort rather than constantly moaning like schoolchildren, McLaren once a challellenger surprisingly has got completely lost
That said I think Ralf Schumacher has got it wrong for a change blaming the two Ferrari drivers for underperforming, the 23 is understeering and oversteering at the same time, Fred has said a new development programme is being introduced building up to Barcelona but at Imola the tricky car will remain the same.
https://www.gpfans.com/en/f1-news/10...mi-grand-prix/
If it were that easy, Red Bull would have done it and spent the extra money during Mercedes’ run instead of commenting like everyone is doing but towards Red Bull. At a cost cap of $135M, there really isn’t room to make strides within the season, especially if the bulk of the cap has already been spent on the car concept - the rest of the budget would be for upgrade packages but only assuming your base car was already competitive which from what we’ve seen so far, no team is competitive with Red Bull.

I don’t have an issue really with how things stand, but like I said, I’ve already accepted the fact that unless multiple teams produce a car that perfectly fits a set of regulations, which is more likely not to happen, we’re likely going to have team dominance in between rules/regulation changes.
Appreciate 1
      05-12-2023, 12:34 PM   #244
M5Rick
General
Rep

Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
Awesome ! Thanks for sharing my friend
Not sure what the journo Cooper is on about by the heading that Max 'used ''damage'' lol so funny. He was probably drunk when he made that heading up, anyway Horner explains how Max nailed the whole field in front of him and what turns he was superior on the used hards.
https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/ho...2Mrxfro.Vbb5eh

Last edited by M5Rick; 05-13-2023 at 06:37 PM..
Appreciate 2
NYG10571.50
      05-12-2023, 02:55 PM   #245
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: E30 329iS, E65 Alpina B7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBingoBalls View Post

I don’t have an issue really with how things stand, but like I said, I’ve already accepted the fact that unless multiple teams produce a car that perfectly fits a set of regulations, which is more likely not to happen, we’re likely going to have team dominance in between rules/regulation changes.
Agree, maybe the solution is to come up with a set of regulations and then leave them alone for an extended period of time, 10-15 years? You don't see other sports changing the rules every 48 months.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2023, 03:53 PM   #246
GuidoK
#buildnotbought
Rep

Drives: Z4 3.0i ESS TS2+

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBingoBalls View Post
The fact that only 1 manufacturer/team got it right and the cost cap doesn’t allow any team to really catch up takes away from the sport. We’re only 5 races and not much to really look forward to with regards to both championships.

I’m not saying to remove the cap, but if this is what it’s going to be moving forward, prepare to see one team dominate in between regulation changes.
I don't know. If we look at the giant leap AMR has taken this year...
Last years they were pretty much bottom feeders and now they're the 2nd team. If they keep up their progression pace, they will rival RB next year for sure.
Without the cost cap that wouldn't have been possible. In the past, top teams had budgets of 600 million, where smaller teams had to do with maybe 100-150 million.
Now I think all teams can more or less get to the maximum budget.

That one team is going to lead with some margin will always be the case in an open class. If you don't want that, you have to make it into some cup racing class where all the cars are the same. Like indy, or formula E.

I think the cost cap for sure has brought teams more together.
It's still an open class, but the means with which you can develop a car are more the same. You get a specified amount of fuel (energy), a specified amount of money, same tyres and a rulebook.
Z4 3.0i | ESS TS2+ supercharger | Quaife ATB LSD | Brembo/BMW performance BBK front/rear | Schrick FI cams | Schmiedmann headers+cats | Powerflex/strongflex PU bushings | Vibra-technics engine mounts | H&R anti rollbars | KW V3 coilovers/KW camber plates | Sachs race engineering clutch | tons of custom sh#t
Appreciate 3
M5Rick58881.00
NYG10571.50
      05-12-2023, 05:01 PM   #247
HeelToeShift
Captain
Rep

Drives: Mine

Quote:
It's the move that Ricciardo is hoping for and De Vries looks like being the fall guy, just not in tune with the F1 way.
Wolff can try with his BS talk but can you see that jalopy even halving the difference to MAX between races.
RB also just gained 2 tenths from a pretty minor upgrade and let's not forget they are not running their car to max potential (no pun intended) so realistically I think they are 1.5-2 seconds faster than MB on a given track assuming there were all out. On top of that, they will upgrade a little more and then start focusing on next year's car like they did last year. A team who changes car philosophy 1.5 years into the new regs will be likely 12-18 months (maybe more) behind in terms of understanding the car. And on top of that, the budget cap will make it hard to do much this year given how much they need to pour into the new spec car.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2023, 05:07 PM   #248
HeelToeShift
Captain
Rep

Drives: Mine

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
Last years they were pretty much bottom feeders and now they're the 2nd team. If they keep up their progression pace, they will rival RB next year for sure.
Without the cost cap that wouldn't have been possible. In the past, top teams had budgets of 600 million, where smaller teams had to do with maybe 100-150 million.

That one team is going to lead with some margin will always be the case in an open class. If you don't want that, you have to make it into some cup racing class where all the cars are the same. Like indy, or formula E.

It's still an open class, but the means with which you can develop a car are more the same. You get a specified amount of fuel (energy), a specified amount of money, same tyres and a rulebook.
This is true on the former re: Aston, but they are still quite a ways away from RB. Max starting 9th, and finished nearly 30 seconds ahead of Alo and know he was only managing for a good bit of the race really shows. Had Max started first, I wouldnt be suprised if he finished 1 min ahead of Alo.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2023, 06:20 PM   #249
TheBingoBalls
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Drives: BMW

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post

AM is the most improved manufacturer on the grid by far, but their improvement really is relative to everyone else, not to Red Bull. AM could arguably best of the rest but they’re still ways off of Red Bull and I don’t think they will make up the gap or make any signicant leaps to Red Bull this season.

I remember reading this somewhere, and don’t know how valid it is today or if it’s even remotely accurate but it’s said that to make up a a tenth of a second, you would have to spend almost 10 million to upgrade your car and that’s assuming everyone doesn’t improve so how much can you really do within a season to really narrow a gap to the next fastest car especially with a cost cap?
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2023, 02:39 AM   #250
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeelToeShift View Post
RB also just gained 2 tenths from a pretty minor upgrade and let's not forget they are not running their car to max potential (no pun intended) so realistically I think they are 1.5-2 seconds faster than MB on a given track assuming there were all out. On top of that, they will upgrade a little more and then start focusing on next year's car like they did last year. A team who changes car philosophy 1.5 years into the new regs will be likely 12-18 months (maybe more) behind in terms of understanding the car. And on top of that, the budget cap will make it hard to do much this year given how much they need to pour into the new spec car.
That is not from RBR but just guessing from Merc's Russell who has said it thinking that RB can go even quicker with minimum mods compared to his own car which needs many mods to improve on it's peculiar chassis.
Appreciate 2
NYG10571.50
      05-13-2023, 06:39 AM   #251
M5Rick
General
Rep

The lack of a title contender isn't Red Bull's fault.

It is the other nine teams that are to blame.
Appreciate 2
NYG10571.50
      05-13-2023, 09:28 AM   #252
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
That is not from RBR but just guessing from Merc's Russell who has said it thinking that RB can go even quicker with minimum mods compared to his own car which needs many mods to improve on it's peculiar chassis.
MAX drives a 800 HP HONDA beast !
What a driver ...No wonder MAX is the double F1 World Champion.

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 4
M5Rick58881.00
DrFerry6722.50
NYG10571.50
      05-13-2023, 10:06 AM   #253
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

MAX storms through the streets of Miami ...

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 3
M5Rick58881.00
DrFerry6722.50
NYG10571.50
      05-13-2023, 10:44 AM   #254
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
MAX storms through the streets of Miami ...

As the woman commentator was saying, anti-dive, anti-lift RBR have got it down to a tee and take the turns like as if on rails.
Appreciate 2
NYG10571.50
      05-13-2023, 10:45 AM   #255
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:

That's one CR-V I wouldn't mind trying out myself
Appreciate 2
NYG10571.50
      05-13-2023, 11:02 AM   #256
M5Rick
General
Rep

Well I never, Christian Horner wants Brands Hatch to be the venue for the British Grand Prix away from Siverstone, he must have read my thoughts.
https://www.gpfans.com/en/f1-news/10...rstone-london/
Appreciate 2
NYG10571.50
      05-13-2023, 11:13 AM   #257
M5Rick
General
Rep

News has just come in that Ralf Schumacher was forcefully manhandled by over zealous security as well as World Champ Jenson Button even outside an area that was roped off to wait for three team managers and with two more races to be held in US it's a black mark against the organisers of the race with some strong protests coming.
Link
https://www.gpfans.com/en/f1-news/10...led/?rt_feed=1
Appreciate 2
NYG10571.50
      05-14-2023, 06:31 AM   #258
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:

As we're on the subject look at Riccardo Patrese with his wife doing a lap around Jerez circuit which I think she enjoyed...! the Civic Type R and S's are very good in the turns with quicker racks, better springs and Sachs shocks than the run o' the mill 4 door ones.
Appreciate 2
NYG10571.50
      05-14-2023, 07:18 AM   #259
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
News has just come in that Ralf Schumacher was forcefully manhandled by over zealous security as well as World Champ Jenson Button even outside an area that was roped off to wait for three team managers and with two more races to be held in US it's a black mark against the organisers of the race with some strong protests coming.
Link
https://www.gpfans.com/en/f1-news/10...led/?rt_feed=1
According to Giancarlo Fisichella in a Dutch article => https://gp33.nl/f1-nieuws/voormalig-...max-verstappen

I raced against the greatest like Michael Schumacher ..
But from what I can see now , Max Verstappen is even better at the age of 25 !
It doesn't matter if the track is wet or dry , Max is always fighting for the victory and he never makes drivers mistakes .
His driver skills are actually very dramatic for the other drivers and he can dominating for a very long time !
Too bad for the other drivers ..

Horner the latest :
I hear , Mercedes will come next weekend at Imola with a W14 B/Spec car .
But with Mercedes we never know ..
Ferrari will come with some minor upgrades .
The RB19 ?
We spent our precious limited time in the wind tunnel , It's good that we understand our car ..

A fantastic shot from MAX at Miami ,look at his pointing finger !
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
M5Rick58881.00
NYG10571.50
DrFerry6722.50
      05-14-2023, 07:41 AM   #260
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
According to Giancarlo Fisichella in a Dutch article => https://gp33.nl/f1-nieuws/voormalig-...max-verstappen

I raced against the greatest like Michael Schumacher ..
But from what I can see now , Max Verstappen is even better at the age of 25 !
It doesn't matter if the track is wet or dry , Max is always fighting for the victory and he never makes drivers mistakes .
His driver skills are actually very dramatic for the other drivers and he can dominating for a very long time !
Too bad for the other drivers ..

Horner the latest :
I hear , Mercedes will come next weekend at Imola with a W14 B/Spec car .
But with Mercedes we never know ..
Ferrari will come with some minor upgrades .
The RB19 ?
We spent our precious limited time in the wind tunnel , It's good that we understand our car ..

A fantastic shot from MAX at Miami ,look at his pointing finger !
Yeah with Merc it's the usual BS like 'bomb' and 'B spec' soon to be 'C spec'

I like that pic of Max pointing to the 1 on his car and always a good sign.
I remember that bad time at Imola '20 where he got that R/R puncture on the Variante V straight with the strange debris on the track that appeared out of nowhere in front of track workers then slithering off into the gravel...it's Italy now my friend

Last edited by M5Rick; 05-14-2023 at 07:49 AM..
Appreciate 3
NYG10571.50
DrFerry6722.50