New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Site Related Announcements - Suggestions - Feedback - Questions

05-19-2007, 03:50 PM   #1
currambimmer
Colombia
Rep

Drives: e90 325i

mini-rant

Does one have to own a 335i or be heavily into modding to get any attention around here?

Elsewhere in these forums, in the "South America" regional forum, someone once posted that there must not be many BMWs in S.A. I live in Colombia, and in fact there are plenty bimmers down here, but it is just that they are so damn EXPENSIVE! What I mean is, 335s are mighty rare, as the price of even a lowly 320 in my country exceeds the price of a 335 in the US or Europe due to all the taxes and shit. Even 325s are kinda rare, and for some reason most people who can afford these cars in Colombia go for C-class Mercs or A4s. Mods are just mostly non-existent, as they have to be specially imported and submitted to local tariffs. A simple OEM spoiler for my 325i, which I believe in the US is a couple hundred bucks, goes for about 800 USD down here.

I'm saying this because I recently posted a couple newbie posts in these forums and the replies to my comments/questions have been scant and curt at best. I just purchased my first-ever bmw and am feeling quite . I mean, I'm not expecting to receive any , the kind you guys with modded 335s are deservedly getting, but a simple "welcome to bmw!" or "hey, cool, enjoy your 325!" would've been nice.

No hard feelings, just wanna make some bmw-enthusiast friends around here, that's all. It'd be nice if you more impressively endowed bmw owners would welcome newbies more enthusiastically.