New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

06-22-2022, 08:41 PM   #353
floridaorange
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2013 bmw 320i xdrive

Meeting the right woman to marry was a goal of mine since I was little. I wanted a smart, beautiful, sexy woman and that's what I got. We met when I was 24 and were married by 28. My suggestion is the same to all my single friends, guys & girls. You have to know what you are looking for! You need to have a picture in your mind and keep it there. You also need to know what type of personality is compatible with you when it comes to a long term relationship. That doesn't mean someone you just always agree with, it means someone you respect and when you are around them there is serious chemistry. My wife is as beautiful to me today as she was when I met her.

Anyway, you also have to know yourself, very well. If marriage isn't your goal, as it always was for me, then accept that and enjoy being a batchelor and all that has to offer. For me, being single got boring by the time I was about 26-27. Casual relationships seemed pointless. I wanted to be serious and have a serious relationship.

My point is - what are your relationship goals, benchmarks? Like a business, you will get out of them exactly what you put into them. Effort, thought, imagination work, goals, visualization, it all matters!

OP, what city do you live in? How old are you? How many serious relationships (said "I love you" or close to it) have you been in?

Lastly - my wife exceeded my goals outwardly, inwardly I really respected her - but she wasn't as easy going as I was used to and that put me off a little. But, as a man of faith I truly felt she was the one, as her spiritual beliefs were like mine and her appreciation and admiration for my family and our belief system was high. 16 yrs later and life is beautiful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Sounds pizzagatey.
Appreciate 1
      06-22-2022, 09:31 PM   #354
Watching The World Burn
Lengthy but not a Girthy Member
Rep

Drives: 1971 Honda Civic

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaorange View Post
Meeting the right woman to marry was a goal of mine since I was little. I wanted a smart, beautiful, sexy woman and that's what I got. We met when I was 24 and were married by 28. My suggestion is the same to all my single friends, guys & girls. You have to know what you are looking for! You need to have a picture in your mind and keep it there. You also need to know what type of personality is compatible with you when it comes to a long term relationship. That doesn't mean someone you just always agree with, it means someone you respect and when you are around them there is serious chemistry. My wife is as beautiful to me today as she was when I met her.

Anyway, you also have to know yourself, very well. If marriage isn't your goal, as it always was for me, then accept that and enjoy being a batchelor and all that has to offer. For me, being single got boring by the time I was about 26-27. Casual relationships seemed pointless. I wanted to be serious and have a serious relationship.

My point is - what are your relationship goals, benchmarks? Like a business, you will get out of them exactly what you put into them. Effort, thought, imagination work, goals, visualization, it all matters!

OP, what city do you live in? How old are you? How many serious relationships (said "I love you" or close to it) have you been in?

Lastly - my wife exceeded my goals outwardly, inwardly I really respected her - but she wasn't as easy going as I was used to and that put me off a little. But, as a man of faith I truly felt she was the one, as her spiritual beliefs were like mine and her appreciation and admiration for my family and our belief system was high. 16 yrs later and life is beautiful!

So she reads these forums on the regular is what you are saying...

I'm kidding!
Appreciate 4
      06-22-2022, 09:31 PM   #355
No one
Major
Rep

Drives: F21 118i

Smile

Quote:
Meeting the right woman to marry was a goal of mine since I was little.
Weren't you too little to marry back then?
Appreciate 1
      06-23-2022, 02:00 AM   #356
Onizukachan
Great Teacher
Rep

Drives: 06 e91 325ix

Garage List
2006 E91 325ix  [10.00]
2006 Mini r53 JCW  [0.00]
2005 Mini r53  [0.00]
1: What the fook is a “congruence test”?

2: past third date or 3rd week and no sex then cheers to you, friend. Because that’s all you’ll be. I’m not wasting time, Either you’ve got the hots for me or you don’t.

3: you are her gay friend and you don’t know it. She might not even know it but that little scene is straight out of straight girl gay gay friendship cattiness.

4: bail

5 eject eject eject

6 run Forrest run.

A few OEM+ mods:
MTech front bumper, MSport wheel & handbrake, 4AD trim, full rear shades, more to come…
Appreciate 1
      06-23-2022, 03:43 AM   #357
chresto
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep

Drives: 320i (F30) M sport LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizukachan View Post
1: What the fook is a “congruence test??
AKA shit test.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2022, 06:37 AM   #358
floridaorange
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
1: What the fook is a “congruence test”?

2: past third date or 3rd week and no sex then cheers to you, friend. Because that’s all you’ll be. I’m not wasting time, Either you’ve got the hots for me or you don’t.

3: you are her gay friend and you don’t know it. She might not even know it but that little scene is straight out of straight girl gay gay friendship cattiness.

5 eject eject eject

6 run Forrest run.
Quote:
1: What the fook is a "congruence test"?

2: past third date or 3rd week and no sex then cheers to you, friend. Because that's all you'll be. I'm not wasting time, Either you've got the hots for me or you don't.

3: you are her gay friend and you don't know it. She might not even know it but that little scene is straight out of straight girl gay gay friendship cattiness.

5 eject eject eject

6 run Forrest run.
Accurate

Quote:
Sounds pizzagatey.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2022, 11:49 AM   #359
Turkish Pickle
Banned
United_States
Rep

Drives: '21 330i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:

This is super nice man, love to hear it, gives me hope to get out of the dating pool once and for all some time soon lol
Appreciate 2
      06-23-2022, 12:54 PM   #360
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep

Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
That's not been my experience
I'm guessing you are over 40? Social media has wrecked the dating scene. The whole "grass is always greener" mentality, and people jump from person to person until in the end they are left with nothing.

The people you speak of are out there, but on the endangered species list now.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2022, 11:46 PM   #361
floridaorange
Colonel
United_States
Rep

42 and thankful - dating app life sounds like a proper nightmare

Quote:
Sounds pizzagatey.
Appreciate 1
      06-24-2022, 11:02 AM   #362
wren57
Roll Tide
Rep

Drives: 335i

OP, why do you even want to pass her "tests"? What is your goal here?
antgenn301.00
      06-24-2022, 01:39 PM   #363
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep

Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by wren57 View Post
OP, why do you even want to pass her "tests"? What is your goal here?

+1

A significant other should compliment your life, not complicate it.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2022, 02:42 PM   #364
Chihuahua
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: E30 329iS, E65 Alpina B7

Quote:
42 and thankful - dating app life sounds like a proper nightmare
It's basically just another video game on your phone.
Appreciate 1
      06-25-2022, 07:41 PM   #365
NeverL8
Captain
Rep

Drives: Slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post
+1

A significant other should compliment your life, not complicate it.
Man I needed that! Thank you!
Appreciate 1