New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

09-20-2018, 06:16 AM   #45
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep

Drives: 14 Sahara/08 335xi/22 Maverick

Garage List
If he buys all of his 10 kids e30’s he’s a hero in my book.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2018, 08:40 AM   #46
EnVe46
Major
Rep

Drives: 11 E90 M3 LeMansBlue

Two things, Champion has insurance against this type of shit and should reimburse said people, without question.

What I think Porsche should do, is make a special run of the cars these people ordered. It wouldn't do anything to the value of GT cars already out there, would make these owners whole and would make Porsche look like a brand that cares about its people. Offer said GT cars at a small discount and get it done. Buyers would still be buying the car if they choose to which satisfies their request and Porsche looks like a hero. It would hardly cost them that much to correct this situation.
      09-21-2018, 12:00 PM   #47
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep

Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnVe46 View Post
Two things, Champion has insurance against this type of shit and should reimburse said people, without question.

What I think Porsche should do, is make a special run of the cars these people ordered. It wouldn't do anything to the value of GT cars already out there, would make these owners whole and would make Porsche look like a brand that cares about its people. Offer said GT cars at a small discount and get it done. Buyers would still be buying the car if they choose to which satisfies their request and Porsche looks like a hero. It would hardly cost them that much to correct this situation.
I don't think Porsche should have to do anything. If anything, the dealership is on the line here. That is where the fraud took place.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2018, 01:04 PM   #48
RM7
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE

And this is one more reason why the “independent auto dealer” model is flawed. If Porsche’s name is being used on the dealership wall and signs, they should be responsible for the actions of that dealership.
Appreciate 2
      09-22-2018, 07:11 AM   #49
EnVe46
Major
Rep

Drives: 11 E90 M3 LeMansBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnVe46 View Post

I don't think Porsche should have to do anything. If anything, the dealership is on the line here. That is where the fraud took place.
Never said they HAVE to do anything. From a business stand point, making the cars that were ordered fraudulently, is a win win. Customer get their car if they want to, Porsche still sells some cars and looks like a hero for correcting an issue they didn't cause.

Also, regardless if Porsche did anything or not, dealers are representatives of them, independent contractor. I'm an independent contractor for an insurance company. If I sell something and lie, the company is held liable in court cause I'm their representative and they gave me the ability to do that. Again, I don't think Porsche HAS TO do anything, but I don't see where the lose by offering to make the cars if the customer chooses to
      09-26-2018, 09:02 AM   #50
Happy Jose
Banned
Rep

Drives: 2012 BMW 135i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommm View Post
no, that's what the successful Porsche guys say about BMW loser wanabees. And happy trolls.

Future Prius owner!
Appreciate 0