New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Cosmetic Care & Detailing (PPF/Wash/Wax/Detailing/Restoration/Repairs)

Yesterday, 09:22 PM   #1
NervoS
Private
Rep

Drives: G05,E39,E46,R53

BMW ceramic and / or PPF

Seems like I am buying 2024 X3MC from Seattle BMW. Now need to decide on ceramic and / or PPF.
If I am getting ceramic from BMW, they offer it for $1549, with 7 year warranty, including full exterior, wheels and interior. My SA told me that if leather on seats gets damaged, discolored and stuff - they will replace the seat.

The PPF they offer costs 2499 ("Package A") with 10 years warranty. It includes full front, windshield, door edges, door handles (ah, forgot to ask about rocker panels!). I need to call my local PPF shop to compare the prices, they did PPF on my wife's G05 2 years ago and it still looks good.

So, the question is - are these prices look plausible, especially the full ceramic treatment with 7 y. warranty? Is it a good deal?
Appreciate 0
      Today, 04:09 PM   #2
John in VA
Colonel
Rep

Drives: 2015 228i M Sport

I'd want to "see it in writing," especially seat replacement guarantee. I wonder who is doing the work & what products are used? I'd assume they are farming it out to a local detail shop - I'd want to talk to them.
2015 BMW 228i in EstorilBlau II Metallic / Terra Dakota Leather - 6-speed manual, M Sport Package, Cold Weather Package, Lighting Package, Premium Package, Harman Kardon premium sound, Anti-theft alarm system, Blue Metallic Matt Accent Moldings, Aluminum Hexagon Interior Strips, Anthracite Headlining
Appreciate 0
      Today, 04:17 PM   #3
NervoS
Private
Rep

Drives: G05,E39,E46,R53

According to my SA the ceramic is done by them, using "bmw product". Absolutely, will need to get warranty in writing.

The PPF they outsource to another shop, but the warranty is still coming from the dealer.

And speaking of PPF. If I do both - what is the order of operations? First PPF and then ceramic (on top of PPF? does it make sense?) or opposite (then, what is the point of ceramic under the PPF?)
Appreciate 0
      Today, 04:28 PM   #4
John in VA
Colonel
Rep

Drives: 2015 228i M Sport

There are many threads re: PPF & or vs. ceramic here - take a look. PPF prevents rock chips, ceramic makes the car easy to clean.

The car's finish is perfected first, then PPF is applied and then a ceramic coat can be applied. Many modern PPFs have a ceramic coating on them.

I'm not aware of a "BMW" ceramic product, but I wouldn't be surprised as they have been selling rebranded Sonax products for decades. It's all down to the application. There are products for the exterior & interior that you can apply yourself.
2015 BMW 228i in EstorilBlau II Metallic / Terra Dakota Leather - 6-speed manual, M Sport Package, Cold Weather Package, Lighting Package, Premium Package, Harman Kardon premium sound, Anti-theft alarm system, Blue Metallic Matt Accent Moldings, Aluminum Hexagon Interior Strips, Anthracite Headlining
Appreciate 0