New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion

11-15-2022, 09:29 AM   #1
Mitchok
Registered
Rep

Drives: Bmw x3

Mybmw app not working

Can't log onto mybmw app. Talked customer relations and genius still no go. When the app asks for a link to be sent to email adrress nothing shows up on email. Completely frustrated as app worked yesterday. They gave me a line of horsepoop about how my old x3 was 3 g. Well I know that. It still showed up in the app. All the vins were in the app and I could see the build progress. I got a genius working on it from my dealership but what technology glitch. Cars seemed to work better when there was less technologically advance computers.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2022, 09:17 AM   #2
mutantvirus
Registered
Rep

Drives: G21 340 + Nissan Leaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchok View Post
Can't log onto mybmw app. Talked customer relations and genius still no go. When the app asks for a link to be sent to email adrress nothing shows up on email. Completely frustrated as app worked yesterday. They gave me a line of horsepoop about how my old x3 was 3 g. Well I know that. It still showed up in the app. All the vins were in the app and I could see the build progress. I got a genius working on it from my dealership but what technology glitch. Cars seemed to work better when there was less technologically advance computers. slope game
Have any update here? mybmw app doesn't work. Hope someone can respond soon.
----------------------------------------
2022 BMW X7 xdrive40i
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2022, 11:59 AM   #3
chris_1001
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 2022 BMW M340i

Garage List
unlink and re link the car on the BMW website under "my garage" it will unlink the app also.

I had a similar problem and no one at BMW could help. I tried this and was all set.
      11-16-2022, 04:23 PM   #4
KevinC
your average JAMF
United_States
Rep

Drives: '21 M2 Comp, '19 Golf R

Garage List
Just tried and not working for me either, tells me "no internet connection" as if my phone has no connection (at least I think that's what it's telling me - maybe it's the car's connection?). Either way obviously some snafu on their end, which is hardly surprising. BMW software & support are a total joke.
      11-17-2022, 02:20 PM   #5
chris_1001
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 2022 BMW M340i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacticdout View Post
I also had a similar problem. Pleas help me!

unlink and re link the car on the BMW website under "my garage" it will unlink the app also.

Nothing else worked for me.
      11-17-2022, 02:23 PM   #6
nerdogray
Captain
Rep

Drives: 2023 M5 Competition

I think BMW's app/web team must be old dudes that used to code COBOL, Fortran, or even FoxPro and then repurposed into Java and are now barely hanging on. Their infrastructure seems an absolute, incongruous, mess based on visible results (or lack thereof).
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2022, 08:15 AM   #7
normimb
Canada
Rep

Drives: i4 edrive35, 19 inch wheel.

Here is the communication i had with BMW about how to resolve the connected drive issue temporarly, it works on my 330e xdrive 2022:

Dear Customer,
Thank you for contacting BMW Assist Customer Care.

We see that the ATM is not provisioning in this vehicle. Please perform the following to reset the units.
• Hold the power button down for 70 seconds exactly.
• The iDrive screen in the center of the vehicle will turn off and reboot around 25 seconds into the 70 seconds, but keep holding the power button for the entire 70 seconds
• After 70 seconds, release the power button and wait for iDrive to boot up
• On the iDrive, click "Apps" and then press the “Option” button near the iDrive controller in the center console
• Choose “Update apps and services”. The vehicle will then have a short update of ConnectedDrive services
• Finally, remove the BMW Connected app from the phone and then reinstall the app. Once the app is newly installed, login to the app and retest
We escalated the issue and were informed that this is a known issue and currently under investigation. They have recognized the root cause and this issue will be resolved as soon as possible.
Sincerely,
BMW ConnectedDrive Canada
Appreciate 0