New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

10-03-2022, 01:31 PM   #287
CarsAndGuitars
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 2022 M240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGM-M3COMP View Post
Lots of things except the ev transition.

Stop going off topic because you guys are being buried in this thread.
chad86tsi1605.00
      10-03-2022, 01:40 PM   #288
BGM-M3COMP
The Ben Shapiro of this place. I never lose! LOL
Rep

Drives: 12 plaids on order

Garage List
Lmao just as I thought
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2022, 01:55 PM   #289
Sophisticated Redneck
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: 2012 BMW X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarsAndGuitars View Post
230 mile semi truck range? Sure to be an economic boon for truck stops and freelancers offering happy endings at the charging stations there.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alanohn...h=4f089e14419d
Lol, those lot lizards are going to be working overtime!
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2022, 02:14 PM   #290
CarsAndGuitars
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 2022 M240i

Quote:
Lots of things except the ev transition.

Stop going off topic because you guys are being buried in this thread.
Quote:
Lmao just as I thought
Now that I stopped to gather my senses, you're not winning the thread. You win.
      10-03-2022, 03:24 PM   #291
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarsAndGuitars View Post
Now that I stopped to gather my senses, you're not winning the thread. You win.
I won before I even posted the first time lol

I want this ev world. And it’s going to happen. So that’s a win
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2022, 04:33 PM   #292
GoneIn4Secs
Banned
Rep

Drives: BSM F87 LCI (DCT)

Baghdad Bob of bimmerpost EVs strikes again
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2022, 04:43 PM   #293
M5Rick
General
Rep

Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

With a message maybe coming up on a dead tesla for 26k dollars to be paid I'll let the EV eco guys enjoy their rides
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2022, 12:50 AM   #294
PhaceN52
Private First Class
Rep

Drives: '06 E90 N52B30 US spec

EV's eco footprint (production, life cycle, recycling) >>>>>>>>>> ICE cars. Period.
So it's just another business that really doesn't care much about the point it flaunts. Speak what you want
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2022, 03:24 AM   #295
DO444
Banned
Rep

Drives: 340i

Utter insanity that anyone would pay the better half of $50k (or more) - for a car that might last as little as 8 years without having to just outright buy a new one.

Ain’t no one ever anywhere paying $25k for a new battery on an 8 year old car.

I like Elon, but EV is a disaster waiting to happen if it ever does become mainstream.
And NO ONE is allowed to say it.

Yea I know we said it, but no one in media will ever say it. Frickin lemmings.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2022, 06:59 AM   #296
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep

Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
I won before I even posted the first time lol

I want this ev world. And it’s going to happen. So that’s a win
... despite all the word-masturbation in the Z06 thread...

A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2022, 09:01 AM   #297
Sophisticated Redneck
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
... despite all the word-masturbation in the Z06 thread...

Homeboy is a master of duality. It really highlights if EV's were the end-all-be all, then the Z06 would be selling at a discount right now and GM would be loosing its ass.

Heh, in the past it used to be some guys had fuckpads for the mistresses they hid from the wife.

Now it will be garages with Z06 & other ICE performance cars they hide from their fellow EV zealots....They better get those windows tinted DARK, don't want the paragon of virtue status blown.

Last edited by Sophisticated Redneck; 10-06-2022 at 09:07 AM..
Appreciate 3
M3WC3645.00
Efthreeoh17304.50
      10-06-2022, 11:04 AM   #298
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Watch when there’s a corvette ev, it’ll sell out just like the z06.

I’ll def be here to laugh when that proof comes lmao
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2022, 01:32 PM   #299
M3WC
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: BMW

Quote:
Watch when there’s a corvette ev, it’ll sell out just like the z06.
What will be worth more at Barrett Jackson in 25 years? C8 Z06 or C8 EV?
Appreciate 1
Cos270608.50
      10-06-2022, 02:13 PM   #300
BGM-M3COMP
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3WC View Post
Why go off topic?

Of course the z06 will be worth more. I’m rooting for that car. That’s my forever car.

The only new corvette anyone would be able to buy in the future will be that ev corvette.

And it’ll still sell out just like the z06 during its run.
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2022, 04:46 PM   #301
DO444
Banned
Rep

Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophisticated Redneck View Post

The EV mandates have fuckall to do with the environment.

It is about power, control, greed. Same as it ever was.

You will soon be taxed on how and when you drive. EV's are the gateway.

You will be limited in how far you can drive and how fast you can accelerate…
Bingo, this guy gets it.
Already like 20,000+ people in Colorado alone were locked out of their thermostats in their homes unable to change their temperature settings during that heatwave this summer… their own homes, can’t control it, due to “smart” thermostat.

If they are pushing into people’s homes then they are def going to control your EV. At first it will be through subsidies, you’ll be able to drive a cooler car than you can really afford, but you’ll have to agree to speed limit monitoring and potential shut down at certain times… many will agree to this. That opens the door.

It’s definitely happening, but I will have ICE cars from this decade until there is no gasoline left on earth so I don’t care. I’ll do what I can to vote accordingly but I doubt it will help.

Astounding how many people do not see the “green” push for what it is - outright fraud. I worked in a climate lab in a university by the way. The Chinese grad student there (the only one who actually understood the math, I swear to you) he outright told me one day that they “massage” the numbers when they don’t get the data to say what they want it to say (support the green message).

They just chalk it up to “human error”, and make the numbers fit the agenda. Prior to that I was 100% on board with green messaging, like the good sheep I was. After that, I decided to listen to my lying eyes.

It’s basically just like Dennis Miller used to say, anyone who isn’t a liberal when they’re young has no heart. And anyone who doesn’t become a conservative when they’re old has no brain.

The green politics have zero to do with “saving” the environment.
Zero. All these labs are constantly “massaging” the data to make it fit their projections because that’s where they get their funding. If the data doesn’t come out “green”, they won’t get paid. No new grants.

This all is about controlling the population. If you tune out from the messaging for a moment, that’s pretty easy to see. It helps that I had first hand experience of the fraud… and that was just one lab by the way. Obviously I didn’t see them all, but I have no reason to believe it’s any different anywhere else. It’s too easy to do, no one will ever know. It’s usually just one grad student recording numbers alone. I just happened to be there that day and watched the grad student erase numbers and rewrite them and at that point he was a little embarrassed and explained to me what he was doing, “massaging” the numbers.

“We know that this is happening, that ice cores show that the earth is warming due to pollution… so even though our data does not show this… it must be human error. So, we’ll just massage the data to show a statistical relevance. (Because there is none based on our recorded data).”

Labs who do not publish data that fits the narrative do NOT get further funding, therefore they ALL push the green agenda in order to exist. It’s pure fraud, subsidized by the gov, because that’s what they want.

Remember, they own the science.
They’ve literally said that many times the past few years.
Believe what you will, but I’m embarrassed I used to actually fight with family members over this crap.

Ah well, we’re all young at some point.
Certainly there are some real data points of concern like smog and asthma, but the overall picture of environmental doom and gloom with the Earth rising to 200F and oceans covering the coasts - is a straight up fairy tale.

One which they’ve been telling for nearly 50 years now.
It’s a real problem we’ve got, that people are not good at being able to tell reported lies from reported truths.

The media lies like it’s life depends on it.
Well, actually it probably does depend on it.
Appreciate 2
PhaceN52173.50
Efthreeoh17304.50
      10-06-2022, 06:29 PM   #302
G MONEY
Major
Rep

Drives: 2017 458/ YAS m4

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3WC View Post
Why go off topic?

Of course the z06 will be worth more. I’m rooting for that car. That’s my forever car.

The only new corvette anyone would be able to buy in the future will be that ev corvette.

And it’ll still sell out just like the z06 during its run.
Yawn
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2022, 08:38 PM   #303
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DO444 View Post
Bingo, this guy gets it.
Already like 20,000+ people in Colorado alone were locked out of their thermostats in their homes unable to change their temperature settings during that heatwave this summer… their own homes, can’t control it, due to “smart” thermostat.

If they are pushing into people’s homes then they are def going to control your EV. At first it will be through subsidies, you’ll be able to drive a cooler car than you can really afford, but you’ll have to agree to speed limit monitoring and potential shut down at certain times… many will agree to this. That opens the door.

It’s definitely happening, but I will have ICE cars from this decade until there is no gasoline left on earth so I don’t care. I’ll do what I can to vote accordingly but I doubt it will help.

Astounding how many people do not see the “green” push for what it is - outright fraud. I worked in a climate lab in a university by the way. The Chinese grad student there (the only one who actually understood the math, I swear to you) he outright told me one day that they “massage” the numbers when they don’t get the data to say what they want it to say (support the green message).

They just chalk it up to “human error”, and make the numbers fit the agenda. Prior to that I was 100% on board with green messaging, like the good sheep I was. After that, I decided to listen to my lying eyes.

It’s basically just like Dennis Miller used to say, anyone who isn’t a liberal when they’re young has no heart. And anyone who doesn’t become a conservative when they’re old has no brain.

The green politics have zero to do with “saving” the environment.
Zero. All these labs are constantly “massaging” the data to make it fit their projections because that’s where they get their funding. If the data doesn’t come out “green”, they won’t get paid. No new grants.

This all is about controlling the population. If you tune out from the messaging for a moment, that’s pretty easy to see. It helps that I had first hand experience of the fraud… and that was just one lab by the way. Obviously I didn’t see them all, but I have no reason to believe it’s any different anywhere else. It’s too easy to do, no one will ever know. It’s usually just one grad student recording numbers alone. I just happened to be there that day and watched the grad student erase numbers and rewrite them and at that point he was a little embarrassed and explained to me what he was doing, “massaging” the numbers.

“We know that this is happening, that ice cores show that the earth is warming due to pollution… so even though our data does not show this… it must be human error. So, we’ll just massage the data to show a statistical relevance. (Because there is none based on our recorded data).”

Labs who do not publish data that fits the narrative do NOT get further funding, therefore they ALL push the green agenda in order to exist. It’s pure fraud, subsidized by the gov, because that’s what they want.

Remember, they own the science.
They’ve literally said that many times the past few years.
Believe what you will, but I’m embarrassed I used to actually fight with family members over this crap.

Ah well, we’re all young at some point.
Certainly there are some real data points of concern like smog and asthma, but the overall picture of environmental doom and gloom with the Earth rising to 200F and oceans covering the coasts - is a straight up fairy tale.

One which they’ve been telling for nearly 50 years now.
It’s a real problem we’ve got, that people are not good at being able to tell reported lies from reported truths.

The media lies like it’s life depends on it.
Well, actually it probably does depend on it.
For over a decade on this Form I keep trying to explain this. Until an electric Boeing 787 is invented and flight-approved by the FAA, and most of the World's jet fuel aircraft is replaced, there will be gasoline. The petroleum industry infrastructure that produces jet fuel also produces gasoline, diesel, and all the other petrochemicals the world's population uses. The carbon cracking process distills these fuels and chemicals in constant ratio to each other dictated by the design of the distillation infrastructure at the refinery level. So, to translate that real impact, as the transportation industry reduces the need for gasoline, the quantity of jet fuel, diesel, and home heating oil will decline in the same ratio. That means the price for all these fuels will increase. While there are new and developing technologies that can increase the yield of petrochemicals vs. fuels, the capital investment in conversion of refineries is utterly massive and slow to change.

So, while Governors of states think they can solve the gasoline-to-dead-planet pipeline (pun intended) by waiving the magic wand of legislation, not only is the electrical generation supply chain disrupted so will the petrochemical and fuel industry. These politicians are retrograde in their thought process.

A representative of the UN recently stated "they own the science" and have been working with Google to reduce the amount of "misinformation" found on the internet when queried about globalwarmingclimatechange.

Last edited by Efthreeoh; 10-07-2022 at 08:40 AM..
Appreciate 1
Cos270608.50
      10-06-2022, 09:12 PM   #304
GoneIn4Secs
Banned
Rep

Drives: BSM F87 LCI (DCT)

correct me of I'm wrong, but I've seen the so called climate policies taking about reducing CO2, ie. one side of the photosynthesis equation

so if they trying to reduce "carbon" then wouldn't overall oxygen levels go down too?

isn't that bad for life/living creatures on earth? please excuse if my question is too amateur
Appreciate 1
Efthreeoh17304.50
      10-06-2022, 10:27 PM   #305
RM7
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoneIn4Secs View Post
correct me of I'm wrong, but I've seen the so called climate policies taking about reducing CO2, ie. one side of the photosynthesis equation

so if they trying to reduce "carbon" then wouldn't overall oxygen levels go down too?

isn't that bad for life/living creatures on earth? please excuse if my question is too amateur
Yes, this is idiotic. Back to highschool for you.
      10-07-2022, 03:30 AM   #306
Sophisticated Redneck
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quick question for you fine gentlemen much more versed in this subject then me: What happens to the U.S. dollar as we are forced to move away so rapidly from oil? As oil demand falls and therefore the need for the petrodollar, would not this rapidly decrease the dollars value and within the next 10 years result in massive inflation that makes the current inflation look like child's play? Without the need for the petrodollar, what is to prevent this?
Appreciate 1
Efthreeoh17304.50
      10-07-2022, 03:51 AM   #307
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophisticated Redneck View Post
Quick question for you fine gentlemen much more versed in this subject then me: What happens to the U.S. dollar as we are forced to move away so rapidly from oil? As oil demand falls and therefore the need for the petrodollar, would not this rapidly decrease the dollars value and within the next 10 years result in massive inflation that makes the current inflation look like child's play? Without the need for the petrodollar, what is to prevent this?
More windmills!
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2022, 08:39 AM   #308
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM7 View Post
Yes, this is idiotic. Back to highschool for you.
LOL. Only if real science was actually taught in high school.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."
Appreciate 0