New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-28-2022, 11:23 AM   #7239
///d
Lieutenant
///d's Avatar
United_States
1240
Rep
484
Posts

 
Drives: F15 35d M Sport
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Minne-snow-ta

iTrader: (0)

What I cant get over is the guy who came up toward the end just gets out and starts to rush the car with no situational awareness, and then keeps stepping out into the open so the shitbag in the car has a clear shot on him.

Luckily no good guys got hurt.
__________________
F15 35d M Sport | 2018 Ducati 959 Panigale | 2019 Honda Grom (fast as f*ck boy!)

My Diesel Information Thread | My Wheels, Tires, and Fitment Thread | My Teardrop Camper Build
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2022, 11:55 AM   #7240
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
UncleWede's Avatar
United_States
15947
Rep
9,193
Posts

 
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E93Beast View Post
I'm bald, muscular build, tattoos and I was in jeans and a wife beater as usual. I assume that plays a part BUT.....cops don't like being stereo-typed, neither do civilians.
I support a local PD. I saw them in my hood, outside their jurisdiction. About 3 of our officers, along with the evidence guy, going in and out of a house just down the street. There were also supporting characters from other jurisdictions.

I'm not working, I'm actually riding my custom softtail. As I see my "friends' I pull over, get off my bike (and turn it off, right Sedan_Clan ) and slowly stroll up towards the curb to say hello. One particular sheriff sees me strolling, and she immediately rapidly starts an intercept course, hand on gun.
"Where you going?"
"Whoa, just wanted to say hello to officers <insert names> I support them, I'm the IT manager"
She looks at them, they nod, and I wave and get back on my bike. IF they weren't otherwise occupied, there could have been reason to pull me over for exhibition of speed as I got the heck out of there.

Bald, minimal headgear, leather, jeans, not quite as muscular as once was.

Looking back, they were PROBABLY processing a search warrant on a drug location, and I might have appeared somehow related to the events that transpired. But I was genuinely just stopping to say hello, not cognizant of my attire/vehicle.
__________________
I have romped on her and I giggled like a drunk infant the entire time. - Sedan_Clan
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2022, 06:21 PM   #7241
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
UncleWede's Avatar
United_States
15947
Rep
9,193
Posts

 
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA

iTrader: (0)

Did you see that a (sergeant's?) widow who was shot by someone he didn't prosecute has sued Gascon for wrongful death? $25M
__________________
I have romped on her and I giggled like a drunk infant the entire time. - Sedan_Clan
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2022, 06:22 PM   #7242
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Sedan_Clan's Avatar
Brazil
22283
Rep
21,582
Posts

 
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: ..in your rearview!!!

iTrader: (26)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Did you see that a (sergeant's?) widow who was shot by someone he didn't prosecute has sued Gascon for wrongful death? $25M
Sure did! I hope she is successful too.
Appreciate 2
T0RM3NT2213.00
      11-30-2022, 06:31 PM   #7243
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
UncleWede's Avatar
United_States
15947
Rep
9,193
Posts

 
Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Sure did! I hope she is successful too.
Could open quite the floodgate if she is successful,
Hope she got a pro-bono deal, otherwise the lawyer is taking advantage of an already distressed widow.
__________________
I have romped on her and I giggled like a drunk infant the entire time. - Sedan_Clan
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2022, 06:50 PM   #7244
leopard print
Lieutenant
1469
Rep
407
Posts

 
Drives: Really well for an Asian.
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Los Angeles, CA

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Did you see that a (sergeant's?) widow who was shot by someone he didn't prosecute has sued Gascon for wrongful death? $25M
Him personally? Or is it going to come out of taxpayer money if she wins?
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2022, 07:44 PM   #7245
Onesie
Colonel
Onesie's Avatar
4135
Rep
2,304
Posts

 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: he from the north he from the canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopard print View Post
Him personally? Or is it going to come out of taxpayer money if she wins?
Probably tax payer.
And maybe then people will understand they need someone different.
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2022, 09:52 PM   #7246
NorCalAthlete
Lieutenant Colonel
NorCalAthlete's Avatar
2769
Rep
1,549
Posts

 
Drives: '23 M4CX - Tanzanite / Tartufo
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Bay Area, CA

iTrader: (0)

https://m.youtube.com/shorts/D0pZ3bB8VcU

So apparently the latest shitty car trend on the east coast is for cars to split lanes as if they're motorcycles.

Whole channel dedicated to their fuckups on instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/reel/ClE22zdJmuE/
__________________
Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity.
The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.
Wheel horsepower is just crank horsepower after taxes.
IG: EmFore_650
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan22282.50
      11-30-2022, 10:25 PM   #7247
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Sedan_Clan's Avatar
Brazil
22283
Rep
21,582
Posts

 
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: ..in your rearview!!!

iTrader: (26)

Quote:
Originally Posted by leopard print View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Did you see that a (sergeant's?) widow who was shot by someone he didn't prosecute has sued Gascon for wrongful death? $25M
Him personally? Or is it going to come out of taxpayer money if she wins?
Definitely tax payer money.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2022, 01:11 AM   #7248
colorado.e9x
eBay Special
colorado.e9x's Avatar
United_States
2267
Rep
2,745
Posts

 
Drives: E90 330xi
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Western Slope, Colorado

iTrader: (1)

Question, if you were at a red light late at night, say 11pm> and it doesn't turn. Wait maybe 5-10 minutes. If it's still red and no one is coming can I cross? I'd imagine the "safe" thing to do would be to turn right and detour. Just curious
__________________
Common sense is a flower that does not bloom in everyone's garden
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2022, 01:15 AM   #7249
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Sedan_Clan's Avatar
Brazil
22283
Rep
21,582
Posts

 
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: ..in your rearview!!!

iTrader: (26)

Quote:
Originally Posted by colorado.e9x View Post
Question, if you were at a red light late at night, say 11pm> and it doesn't turn. Wait maybe 5-10 minutes. If it's still red and no one is coming can I cross? I'd imagine the "safe" thing to do would be to turn right and detour. Just curious
I wouldn't even wait 5-10 minutes to be honest. If you're at a light for a few minutes and it doesn't cycle, there's likely an issue with the sensors on the tri-phase signal or the pressure sensors built into the road.
Appreciate 2
      12-04-2022, 04:40 AM   #7250
DavesZupra4
Second Lieutenant
229
Rep
277
Posts

 
Drives: Z4 M40
Join Date: Nov 2022
Location: Calabasas

iTrader: (0)

Any reason you cops think you can just park each other's cars side by side and BLOCK both lanes or just block multiple lanes when dealing with even the most minor of situations? I mean seriously what is the point of that? To subconsciously let people know "hey I'm the cop and I and my buddies can do whatever we want and your gonna shut up and accept it and thank us for it" and unsurprisingly of course the majority of people do say thank you?
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2022, 04:53 AM   #7251
DavesZupra4
Second Lieutenant
229
Rep
277
Posts

 
Drives: Z4 M40
Join Date: Nov 2022
Location: Calabasas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalAthlete View Post
https://m.youtube.com/shorts/D0pZ3bB8VcU

So apparently the latest shitty car trend on the east coast is for cars to split lanes as if they're motorcycles.

Whole channel dedicated to their fuckups on instagram:
https://www.instagram.com/reel/ClE22zdJmuE/
Going in an out of lanes sometimes is inevitable because Americans are the most idiotic drivers so there's no choice. People who are skilled can handle it. If an accident ever happens it's guarantees to be the fault of some moron who suddenly changes lanes without looking in the damn mirror and of course the blame won't be to the person suddenly changing lanes. No. It's definitely the guy changing lanes to get ahead because of course it is. The masses are incredibly ignorant and unaware drivers. Why would they pin the blame on another ignorant, mindless, and unaware driver? That would basically indict all of the horrible drivers which are the majority to the same charge. This is why it's always "speeding" that "kills", never the idiot who didn't pay attention and changed lanes or suddenly mashes the brakes with no clue or awareness of his/her surroundings. Let me put it this way. If someone drives like Michael Schumacher in America and an accident happens. You just know it's not the fault of the person driving like Michael, but yet another average ignorant unaware moron who messed up and caused an accident and then thinks he or she is not at fault because of course they're never at fault. I mean they are just so perfect in driving right?

America has the worst drivers and the most idiotic road rules on the planet.

The second video, that was unnecessary. Why split lanes when you can change them and still maintain your speed? He's at fault this time there was no reason for it other than to go viral online. I'm glad he wrecked his car and his insurance will have to cough up money to someone
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2022, 05:01 AM   #7252
DavesZupra4
Second Lieutenant
229
Rep
277
Posts

 
Drives: Z4 M40
Join Date: Nov 2022
Location: Calabasas

iTrader: (0)

Any reason cops are so damn afraid of everything? Even a stick a person is holding dozens of feet away? I mean seriously. In Europe or UK or Asia, if someone wants to kill themselves the police go in and don't draw guns and still remove the suspects weapon and save their lives.

In America I've seen videos of multiple cops that are so petrified and frightened of a 70+ year old woman wjth a knife who is suicidal and is dozens of feet away that they shoot her. Imagine the situation, cops are called to prevent a suicide but are so inept and scared little cowards that they commit homicide because of a teeny knife an elderly woman who is extremely slow in movement is holding. If I was there I'd walk up calmly and even if she tried to strike I'd easily subdue the knife. But 99.9% of American cops are so afraid and selfish and ILLOGICAL that they go in to prevent a sucidde and end up being the killers and walk away like "I was fearing for my life." It's like the entire idea of suicide prevention being the reason for their presence escapes them. That's how you know cops in America don't give a shit about the people they claim to "protect" at all. Only in America does this happen. In the UK they would walk up like a man and remove the knife. American cops are just so weak inaide and so insecure inside. It's all about me me me. They pretend to "protect" yet shoot and kill from 50 feet away because they are so so afraid of an elderly woman because she has a knife. They are also so illogical all they do is escalate and shout out orders. If someone is suicidal you don't fuking shout orders at them to try to feel better about yourself because you want to act like your the authority. You humble yourself and listen and calmly walk up and grab the knife with no fear that you'll get stabbed like the rest of the world does. But in America cops will make excuse after excuse.. "Hurp durp I was afraid for my life the man that was handcuffed and feetcuffed with 5 officers on top of him looked like he was gonna kill me with his stick I had to murder him because I feared for my life". Seriously how pathetic.
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2022, 05:31 AM   #7253
Onesie
Colonel
Onesie's Avatar
4135
Rep
2,304
Posts

 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: he from the north he from the canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavesZupra4 View Post
Any reason you cops think you can just park each other's cars side by side and BLOCK both lanes or just block multiple lanes when dealing with even the most minor of situations? I mean seriously what is the point of that? To subconsciously let people know "hey I'm the cop and I and my buddies can do whatever we want and your gonna shut up and accept it and thank us for it" and unsurprisingly of course the majority of people do say thank you?
Are you referring to blocking a lane adjacent to a lane where a vehicle is pulled over, for example?

Have you never seen how many people ram into parked cars/people because theyíre distracted? Why should cops put their bodies on the highway while traffic is flowing in an adjacent lane?
Is this a serious question?
Or are you talking about a specific situation Iíve never seen? (Like blocking all of the highway because someone is pulled over for speeding as a regular stop)
__________________
BMW 135i Manual Alpine White / Coral Red N55 FOR SALE
https://www.1addicts.com/forums/show...php?p=29717259
Appreciate 2
vreihen1610918.50
      12-04-2022, 05:33 AM   #7254
Onesie
Colonel
Onesie's Avatar
4135
Rep
2,304
Posts

 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: he from the north he from the canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavesZupra4 View Post
Going in an out of lanes sometimes is inevitable because Americans are the most idiotic drivers so there's no choice. People who are skilled can handle it. If an accident ever happens it's guarantees to be the fault of some moron who suddenly changes lanes without looking in the damn mirror and of course the blame won't be to the person suddenly changing lanes. No. It's definitely the guy changing lanes to get ahead because of course it is. The masses are incredibly ignorant and unaware drivers. Why would they pin the blame on another ignorant, mindless, and unaware driver? That would basically indict all of the horrible drivers which are the majority to the same charge. This is why it's always "speeding" that "kills", never the idiot who didn't pay attention and changed lanes or suddenly mashes the brakes with no clue or awareness of his/her surroundings. Let me put it this way. If someone drives like Michael Schumacher in America and an accident happens. You just know it's not the fault of the person driving like Michael, but yet another average ignorant unaware moron who messed up and caused an accident and then thinks he or she is not at fault because of course they're never at fault. I mean they are just so perfect in driving right?

America has the worst drivers and the most idiotic road rules on the planet.

The second video, that was unnecessary. Why split lanes when you can change them and still maintain your speed? He's at fault this time there was no reason for it other than to go viral online. I'm glad he wrecked his car and his insurance will have to cough up money to someone
I smell troll. not sure why I even bothered asking the first question lol
__________________
BMW 135i Manual Alpine White / Coral Red N55 FOR SALE
https://www.1addicts.com/forums/show...php?p=29717259
Appreciate 5
vreihen1610918.50
dradernh2944.00
      12-04-2022, 05:36 AM   #7255
Onesie
Colonel
Onesie's Avatar
4135
Rep
2,304
Posts

 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: he from the north he from the canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavesZupra4 View Post
Any reason cops are so damn afraid of everything? Even a stick a person is holding dozens of feet away? I mean seriously. In Europe or UK or Asia, if someone wants to kill themselves the police go in and don't draw guns and still remove the suspects weapon and save their lives.

In America I've seen videos of multiple cops that are so petrified and frightened of a 70+ year old woman wjth a knife who is suicidal and is dozens of feet away that they shoot her. Imagine the situation, cops are called to prevent a suicide but are so inept and scared little cowards that they commit homicide because of a teeny knife an elderly woman who is extremely slow in movement is holding. If I was there I'd walk up calmly and even if she tried to strike I'd easily subdue the knife. But 99.9% of American cops are so afraid and selfish and ILLOGICAL that they go in to prevent a sucidde and end up being the killers and walk away like "I was fearing for my life." It's like the entire idea of suicide prevention being the reason for their presence escapes them. That's how you know cops in America don't give a shit about the people they claim to "protect" at all. Only in America does this happen. In the UK they would walk up like a man and remove the knife. American cops are just so weak inaide and so insecure inside. It's all about me me me. They pretend to "protect" yet shoot and kill from 50 feet away because they are so so afraid of an elderly woman because she has a knife. They are also so illogical all they do is escalate and shout out orders. If someone is suicidal you don't fuking shout orders at them to try to feel better about yourself because you want to act like your the authority. You humble yourself and listen and calmly walk up and grab the knife with no fear that you'll get stabbed like the rest of the world does. But in America cops will make excuse after excuse.. "Hurp durp I was afraid for my life the man that was handcuffed and feetcuffed with 5 officers on top of him looked like he was gonna kill me with his stick I had to murder him because I feared for my life". Seriously how pathetic.
I know cops in Canada. I know cops in the US. I know cops from the UK.

You canít tell me for a second cops in the US are cowards while UK cops are heroic. Trolling too hard my friend lol

But since youíre this brave, why donít you say that to one of them in person?

A keyboard hero and his keyboard will soon be departed hahaha
__________________
BMW 135i Manual Alpine White / Coral Red N55 FOR SALE
https://www.1addicts.com/forums/show...php?p=29717259
Appreciate 2
      12-04-2022, 06:40 AM   #7256
DavesZupra4
Second Lieutenant
229
Rep
277
Posts

 
Drives: Z4 M40
Join Date: Nov 2022
Location: Calabasas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onesie View Post
I know cops in Canada. I know cops in the US. I know cops from the UK.

You canít tell me for a second cops in the US are cowards while UK cops are heroic. Trolling too hard my friend lol

But since youíre this brave, why donít you say that to one of them in person?

A keyboard hero and his keyboard will soon be departed hahaha
Yea the are. They donít get frightened and Start shooting. You must be a blue supporter arenít you.

I have no issues with anyone honestly, but when a YouTube video of cops in action in America shows up I just cringe and shake my head. These people are afraid of an elderly woman.

I find it telling that you completely ignored the point I made. Completely ignored the illogic of being called for suicide prevention yet being the one to commit the homicide me then walk away with the stupidity of their actions completely escaping them as their too stupid to realize ďhey, didnít we get called here to prevent someoneís death. And now we caused it?Ē. No they walk away like theyíre the ďheroesĒ. Just plain vanity and ego, something that yes in Europe, UK, Asia they donít have . Maybe you should leave the country once n in a while, but perhaps you havenít even left your own city yet
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2022, 06:54 AM   #7257
jamesinaz
First Lieutenant
1371
Rep
341
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 X3 2017 540i
Join Date: Feb 2020
Location: Arizona

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onesie View Post
I smell troll. not sure why I even bothered asking the first question lol
Clearly a troll. Not even a very smart one. TOO obvious.

Appreciate 7
Sedan_Clan22282.50
Onesie4135.00
vreihen1610918.50
      12-04-2022, 10:03 AM   #7258
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Sedan_Clan's Avatar
Brazil
22283
Rep
21,582
Posts

 
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: ..in your rearview!!!

iTrader: (26)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onesie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavesZupra4 View Post
Going in an out of lanes sometimes is inevitable because Americans are the most idiotic drivers so there's no choice. People who are skilled can handle it. If an accident ever happens it's guarantees to be the fault of some moron who suddenly changes lanes without looking in the damn mirror and of course the blame won't be to the person suddenly changing lanes. No. It's definitely the guy changing lanes to get ahead because of course it is. The masses are incredibly ignorant and unaware drivers. Why would they pin the blame on another ignorant, mindless, and unaware driver? That would basically indict all of the horrible drivers which are the majority to the same charge. This is why it's always "speeding" that "kills", never the idiot who didn't pay attention and changed lanes or suddenly mashes the brakes with no clue or awareness of his/her surroundings. Let me put it this way. If someone drives like Michael Schumacher in America and an accident happens. You just know it's not the fault of the person driving like Michael, but yet another average ignorant unaware moron who messed up and caused an accident and then thinks he or she is not at fault because of course they're never at fault. I mean they are just so perfect in driving right?

America has the worst drivers and the most idiotic road rules on the planet.

The second video, that was unnecessary. Why split lanes when you can change them and still maintain your speed? He's at fault this time there was no reason for it other than to go viral online. I'm glad he wrecked his car and his insurance will have to cough up money to someone
I smell troll. not sure why I even bothered asking the first question lol
Yeah, he definitely came in here looking to incite rather than have a discussion.
Appreciate 7
Onesie4135.00
jamesinaz1370.50
Soul_Glo10923.00
      12-04-2022, 04:24 PM   #7259
ezaircon4jc
Brigadier General
ezaircon4jc's Avatar
United_States
2479
Rep
4,604
Posts

 
Drives: 2019 540i M Sport
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: San Diego

iTrader: (0)

My blocked list just got one longer...
Appreciate 5
Onesie4135.00
Sedan_Clan22282.50
vreihen1610918.50
      12-05-2022, 09:56 AM   #7260
///d
Lieutenant
///d's Avatar
United_States
1240
Rep
484
Posts

 
Drives: F15 35d M Sport
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Minne-snow-ta

iTrader: (0)

Of course you'll find a bunch of videos on youtube about police shootings and violence, because that's all people are interested in because it fits the medias narrative. What you dont see on youtube are the countless situations where cops save lives by risking theirs, how they deal with PTS everyday from the things they have seen, the times they impact a community in a positive way by providing positive influence and mentoring, etc. These things far outweigh the negative, but no one cares to record and share the good in life. Everyone wants to focus on the negative and then poke and prod and pick out all the things they would have done differnetly.

I recall a "study" a police training facility did where they took people off the street and ran them through training simulations to see how they would react. Most of them resorted to deadly force right away or got themselves killed (training environment obviously, not literally killed). I recall one of them was very loud about police violence and how police shoot first and ask questions later, and in his scenario he killed an unarmed dude because he felt threatened. Huh, weird.
__________________
F15 35d M Sport | 2018 Ducati 959 Panigale | 2019 Honda Grom (fast as f*ck boy!)

My Diesel Information Thread | My Wheels, Tires, and Fitment Thread | My Teardrop Camper Build
Appreciate 5
Sedan_Clan22282.50
jamesinaz1370.50
Buug95912215.50
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:07 AM.




5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST