Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-04-2019, 02:59 PM   #67
///M4ster Yoda
Brigadier General
///M4ster Yoda's Avatar
2748
Rep
3,262
Posts

 
Drives: '16 F82 M4
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Long Island, NY

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genieman View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishbimmer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haywood View Post
I actually liked the Clintons until dead bodies started showing up. At least Trump isn't responsible for any deaths...that we know of.
Like the children that were claiming political asylum that have died while transiting the political process at the border?

So, the Clinton's killed people to further their political aims? Is that what you are stating as a fact?
Your point is total BS. If you want to lay the blame for those deaths at hands of our govt you're gonna have to do more than just claim they were in Govt custody at the time of their death and therefore it's the govt's fault. You're gonna have to show and prove specific actions taken by the govt (or lack of action, negligence) that directly lead to the deaths. If I have cancer or aids and come to your house for dinner and died during the meal, it wouldn't be fair for people to claim that you killed me without clear cut evidence. If I was perfectly healthy, then without evidence there may be suspicion. The people who died, took a 1000 mile journey mostly by foot and hitchhiking. They were dehydrated and malnourished, and likely picked up a disease or two along the way. Given that, you're gonna have to do a lot better in assigning blame to the govt as the principle cause of death than just claiming it happened on their watch.
Your being way to rational. Most Libs on these boards don't understand the meaning
__________________
'03 330 '04 325 '08 328 '11 335 '11 335is
'14 335 '16 340 (Retired)
4 ED's PCD Summer 2019 ('20 ZCP)
Current Stable: '19 X3 (Wifey) '16 M4 (Mine)
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2019, 03:01 PM   #68
ScottyRyan2019
Licensed Professional Slacker
ScottyRyan2019's Avatar
United_States
469
Rep
364
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 340i xDrive and BMW X3 M40
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: St Paul, MN

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M4ster Yoda View Post
And your mind is in fairytale land.

I know exactly what America's laws are regarding illegal and legal immigration.

THEY NEED TO BE CHANGED ASAP!

MAGA
I am not disagreeing with the fact there needs to be a change in some of the laws. I am just pointing out the fact that once the gov't takes someone into their custody, they are required to provide certain things to them, one of them being adequate medical care. If someone dies in their custody because they were not properly cared for, that is a problem.

And yes, MAGA, McDonald's And Golf Again!!!
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2019, 03:05 PM   #69
///M4ster Yoda
Brigadier General
///M4ster Yoda's Avatar
2748
Rep
3,262
Posts

 
Drives: '16 F82 M4
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Long Island, NY

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyRyan2019 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M4ster Yoda View Post
And your mind is in fairytale land.

I know exactly what America's laws are regarding illegal and legal immigration.

THEY NEED TO BE CHANGED ASAP!

MAGA
I am not disagreeing with the fact there needs to be a change in some of the laws. I am just pointing out the fact that once the gov't takes someone into their custody, they are required to provide certain things to them, one of them being adequate medical care. If someone dies in their custody because they were not properly cared for, that is a problem.

And yes, MAGA, McDonald's And Golf Again!!!
Genieman has you covered above. It's not the governments fault that these people made a perilous 1000 mile journey (that they shouldn't have undertaken) and died at the end of it. Period.
__________________
'03 330 '04 325 '08 328 '11 335 '11 335is
'14 335 '16 340 (Retired)
4 ED's PCD Summer 2019 ('20 ZCP)
Current Stable: '19 X3 (Wifey) '16 M4 (Mine)
Appreciate 2
Genieman192.00
MKSixer12855.50

      06-04-2019, 04:50 PM   #70
Genieman
First Lieutenant
192
Rep
301
Posts

 
Drives: 340i xDrive
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: United States

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M4ster Yoda View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyRyan2019 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M4ster Yoda View Post
And your mind is in fairytale land.

I know exactly what America's laws are regarding illegal and legal immigration.

THEY NEED TO BE CHANGED ASAP!

MAGA
I am not disagreeing with the fact there needs to be a change in some of the laws. I am just pointing out the fact that once the gov't takes someone into their custody, they are required to provide certain things to them, one of them being adequate medical care. If someone dies in their custody because they were not properly cared for, that is a problem.

And yes, MAGA, McDonald's And Golf Again!!!
Genieman has you covered above. It's not the governments fault that these people made a perilous 1000 mile journey (that they shouldn't have undertaken) and died at the end of it. Period.
Well it COULD be, but you'd have to substantiate the claim with some evidence which I have yet to see. I will be the first to boo the govt if their actions did in fact lead to the deaths but I have yet to see any such evidence and all I keep hearing is that it's based on custody.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2019, 09:03 PM   #71
irishbimmer
Major
1019
Rep
1,431
Posts

 
Drives: Silverstone M6 CP, Bulldozer,
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Orange County, CA

iTrader: (0)

Someone said the Clinton's killed someone; ridiculous-I for one prefer to help these children that are fleeing difficult situations and are protected under our laws, as well as international laws.
__________________
"People are entitled to their own opinions but not their own facts"
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2019, 07:22 AM   #72
DonaldPump
Colonel
DonaldPump's Avatar
3796
Rep
2,699
Posts

 
Drives: 13' E92 BSM 335i 6MT
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Boulder, CO

iTrader: (0)

I'd vote libertarian every year if that vote meant anything. I'd vote for damn near anybody with whatever stupid letter next to their name if they:

1. Roll back the size of government, BIG TIME.
2. Stop spending so much damn money, especially throwing billions at Isreal.
3. Stop shitting on our constitution.
4. Stop looking for excuses to get us back into another war in the desert.
5. Stop polluting the minds of our youth with communist propaganda and sexual perversion.
6. Actually believe in free speech.
7. Stop policing the entire damn world. Stop regime change.
__________________
2013 BSM Coral Red E92 335i 6MT M-Sport

“To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize” - Voltaire
Appreciate 2
Delta03116576.50
MKSixer12855.50

      06-05-2019, 07:29 AM   #73
Delta0311
Major General
Delta0311's Avatar
6577
Rep
9,737
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NJ

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldPump View Post
I'd vote libertarian every year if that vote meant anything. I'd vote for damn near anybody with whatever stupid letter next to their name if they:

1. Roll back the size of government, BIG TIME.
2. Stop spending so much damn money, especially throwing billions at Isreal.
3. Stop shitting on our constitution.
4. Stop looking for excuses to get us back into another war in the desert.
5. Stop polluting the minds of our youth with communist propaganda and sexual perversion.
6. Actually believe in free speech.
7. Stop policing the entire damn world. Stop regime change.
8. Tell Vox "reporters" to stop being such cry baby pussies when called out. We are talking about you Maza.
__________________
You can detect right away those that are going to be shaky, and that will fall behind and those that are very hungry, and that hunger you will have to develop. You gotta create a goal for yourself whatever that may be, a short term goal and a long term goal and you gotta go after that. And if you don’t see it, and if you don’t believe it, who else will?
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Appreciate 1
MKSixer12855.50

      06-05-2019, 07:37 AM   #74
DonaldPump
Colonel
DonaldPump's Avatar
3796
Rep
2,699
Posts

 
Drives: 13' E92 BSM 335i 6MT
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Boulder, CO

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
8. Tell Vox "reporters" to stop being such cry baby pussies when called out. We are talking about you Maza.
Lol Vox is still a thing?

Journalism died a long time ago in this country. What we have now is essentially state-propaganda like you would see in China/Russia parading as journalism.

Luckily, Trump has damaged the image of mainstream media beyond saving. In my opinion, this could be his greatest achievement.
__________________
2013 BSM Coral Red E92 335i 6MT M-Sport

“To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize” - Voltaire
Appreciate 3
Delta03116576.50
MKSixer12855.50

      06-05-2019, 08:22 AM   #75
TheWatchGuy
Major
TheWatchGuy's Avatar
1716
Rep
1,291
Posts

 
Drives: 335xi
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: CO

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishbimmer View Post
Someone said the Clinton's killed someone; ridiculous-I for one prefer to help these children that are fleeing difficult situations and are protected under our laws, as well as international laws.
you never responded to my link with the obama era immigrant deaths while in custody?

Glad you were so pissed at Obama when that was happening under his watch as well.
__________________
@drunkcowatches on ig

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 3
Delta03116576.50
DonaldPump3796.00
MKSixer12855.50

      06-05-2019, 08:35 AM   #76
gonzo
Lieutenant General
gonzo's Avatar
United_States
5885
Rep
12,269
Posts

 
Drives: as many as possible
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: TeXXXas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldPump View Post
Lol Vox is still a thing?

Journalism died a long time ago in this country. What we have now is essentially state-propaganda like you would see in China/Russia parading as journalism.

Luckily, Trump has damaged the image of mainstream media beyond saving. In my opinion, this could be his greatest achievement.
Add in exposing the filth Obama injected into the FBI and DOJ.
Unwrapping China from our throat.
The cherry on top is the dig that is about to start into the tech giants.

These outweigh the sham MSM but add them all up and it's yuge.

__________________
Crazy Diamond
Appreciate 1
DonaldPump3796.00

      06-05-2019, 08:36 AM   #77
Delta0311
Major General
Delta0311's Avatar
6577
Rep
9,737
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: NJ

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
you never responded to my link with the obama era immigrant deaths while in custody?

Glad you were so pissed at Obama when that was happening under his watch as well.
Libs: Trump is evil because he is locking up kids of undocumented people who are brave enough to cross our border. We must protect the kids

Also libs. We must protest Georgia because they banned abortion. A womens body is her right.
__________________
You can detect right away those that are going to be shaky, and that will fall behind and those that are very hungry, and that hunger you will have to develop. You gotta create a goal for yourself whatever that may be, a short term goal and a long term goal and you gotta go after that. And if you don’t see it, and if you don’t believe it, who else will?
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2019, 09:21 AM   #78
///M4ster Yoda
Brigadier General
///M4ster Yoda's Avatar
2748
Rep
3,262
Posts

 
Drives: '16 F82 M4
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Long Island, NY

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldPump View Post
I'd vote libertarian every year if that vote meant anything. I'd vote for damn near anybody with whatever stupid letter next to their name if they:

1. Roll back the size of government, BIG TIME.
2. Stop spending so much damn money, especially throwing billions at Isreal.
3. Stop shitting on our constitution.
4. Stop looking for excuses to get us back into another war in the desert.
5. Stop polluting the minds of our youth with communist propaganda and sexual perversion.
6. Actually believe in free speech.
7. Stop policing the entire damn world. Stop regime change.
8. Stop throwing money trying to fix the rest of the worlds problems (Central America etc etc etc....) which is impossible and help our own citizens. We have plenty of people (LEGAL CITIZENS) in the US that need help. Use our tax dollars to fix the shit ass infrastructure that is falling apart.
__________________
'03 330 '04 325 '08 328 '11 335 '11 335is
'14 335 '16 340 (Retired)
4 ED's PCD Summer 2019 ('20 ZCP)
Current Stable: '19 X3 (Wifey) '16 M4 (Mine)
Appreciate 4
Delta03116576.50
DonaldPump3796.00
UncleWede7183.00
MKSixer12855.50

      06-05-2019, 09:38 AM   #79
DonaldPump
Colonel
DonaldPump's Avatar
3796
Rep
2,699
Posts

 
Drives: 13' E92 BSM 335i 6MT
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Boulder, CO

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M4ster Yoda View Post
8. Stop throwing money trying to fix the rest of the worlds problems (Central America etc etc etc....) which is impossible and help our own citizens. We have plenty of people (LEGAL CITIZENS) in the US that need help. Use our tax dollars to fix the shit ass infrastructure that is falling apart.
Stop making so much sense, sir.
__________________
2013 BSM Coral Red E92 335i 6MT M-Sport

“To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize” - Voltaire
Appreciate 2
MKSixer12855.50

      06-05-2019, 09:40 AM   #80
///M4ster Yoda
Brigadier General
///M4ster Yoda's Avatar
2748
Rep
3,262
Posts

 
Drives: '16 F82 M4
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Long Island, NY

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldPump View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M4ster Yoda View Post
8. Stop throwing money trying to fix the rest of the worlds problems (Central America etc etc etc....) which is impossible and help our own citizens. We have plenty of people (LEGAL CITIZENS) in the US that need help. Use our tax dollars to fix the shit ass infrastructure that is falling apart.
Stop making so much sense, sir.
Sorry. I can't help it
__________________
'03 330 '04 325 '08 328 '11 335 '11 335is
'14 335 '16 340 (Retired)
4 ED's PCD Summer 2019 ('20 ZCP)
Current Stable: '19 X3 (Wifey) '16 M4 (Mine)
Appreciate 2
DonaldPump3796.00
MKSixer12855.50

      06-05-2019, 09:45 AM   #81
charlieb
New Member
11
Rep
25
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 328i Manual
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: New York

iTrader: (0)

Maybe try sorting out the immigration laws.

Currently - It's legal to come to our border and claim asylum.
Currently - It's a misdemeanor to cross illegally. Same as trespassing in a national forest or cutting down a tree on govt land.

If someone walks 1000 miles I'd have to guess they are facing some pretty ugly shit where they came from.

If people didn't think there will be major upcoming immigration reform in the USA there wouldn't be nearly as many attempting to come here.

Isolationism is the not the way to develop our country and the world. We are only working against ourselves. That sort of mindset is from the dark ages and only stifles our ability to grow.

We are being left behind by countries who over the last 20 years have quadrupled their GDP. Something like that does not happen by isolating themselves from the rest of the world.

I'm not returning to this thread. I hate seeing all the anger and blame laid on both sides. It's disgusting and frankly sad that our president creates so much divide and hate within our country and then expects his base to irrationally defend him since 90% of it is based on lies.

Good luck to our nation. I hope everyone wins since this seems to be more of a competition, no matter the outcome, rather than whats good for our country as a whole.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2019, 09:53 AM   #82
Schwarzschild Radius
Field Marshal of the Cosmos
Schwarzschild Radius's Avatar
United_States
6809
Rep
8,452
Posts

 
Drives: 135i DCT
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Agua Caliente

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieb View Post
Maybe try sorting out the immigration laws.

Currently - It's legal to come to our border and claim asylum.
Currently - It's a misdemeanor to cross illegally. Same as trespassing in a national forest or cutting down a tree on govt land.

If someone walks 1000 miles I'd have to guess they are facing some pretty ugly shit where they came from.

If people didn't think there will be major upcoming immigration reform in the USA there wouldn't be nearly as many attempting to come here.

Isolationism is the not the way to develop our country and the world. We are only working against ourselves. That sort of mindset is from the dark ages and only stifles our ability to grow.

We are being left behind by countries who over the last 20 years have quadrupled their GDP. Something like that does not happen by isolating themselves from the rest of the world.

1. I'm not returning to this thread. I hate seeing all the anger and blame laid on both sides. It's disgusting and frankly sad that our president creates so much divide and hate within our country and then expects his base to irrationally defend him since 90% of it is based on lies.

2. Good luck to our nation. I hope everyone wins since this seems to be more of a competition, no matter the outcome, rather than whats good for our country as a whole.
1. Why not return? The only real way to beat the haters is to argue your case with intelligence, facts, and civility.

2. Good luck indeed. Right now it seems the national interest is not being put forward by either party.
__________________
I need some warm warming up stuff -LUPS
Appreciate 1
      06-05-2019, 11:42 AM   #83
jimbobiggens
Second Lieutenant
jimbobiggens's Avatar
United_States
310
Rep
252
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 335i xDrive
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: jackson tn

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
When the choice for President was between Hillary or Trump, Hillary was a known quantity, she has an easily researched track record in our government and is an established politician. Trump was an unknown quantity with no track record, he was a freshman politician and it was anybody's guess how he would turn out. That made the choice easy for me, mainly because I'm tired of the same 'ol same 'ol from our government. Another thing Trump had going for him was he's famous for doing something our government desperately needs - firing people.
__________________
I'm not completely useless, I can be used as a bad example.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2019, 11:45 AM   #84
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
UncleWede's Avatar
United_States
7183
Rep
7,003
Posts

 
Drives: E90 325i Arctic
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyRyan2019 View Post
Those people are not in the custody of the gov't. Once you are in the custody of a state of the federal gov't, you are in essence a ward of that gov't and they are required to provide you with certain necessities such as food and healthcare.
Of the 5 or so under 16 that I have seen reported in the news as having died in custody, I haven't seen a single case presented where they did NOT receive medical care. And in those where I heard details on the timeliness of said medical services, it all seemed on par with the times I experience as a citizen of the state, so wards of the state aren't being left in a cage to die a lonely death.

So that the government can do the required duty to care for those in its custody, we need to 1) strengthen our border/policies, including ENFORCEMENT of existing policies so that our facilities can humanely manage the influx of refugees 2) get our international neighbor to the south to follow international law and provide sanctuary to those seeking asylum who are passing thru said international country on their way to our borders.

The entire American continent can't possibly fit in North America.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2019, 11:52 AM   #85
ScottyRyan2019
Licensed Professional Slacker
ScottyRyan2019's Avatar
United_States
469
Rep
364
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 340i xDrive and BMW X3 M40
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: St Paul, MN

iTrader: (0)

I am not denying that things need to change at the border. They do. But for some to take the position the gov't owes the people in their custody certain basic needs is simply ridiculous. They are required by law to do it, plain and simple.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2019, 12:10 PM   #86
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
UncleWede's Avatar
United_States
7183
Rep
7,003
Posts

 
Drives: E90 325i Arctic
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyRyan2019 View Post
They are required by law to do it, plain and simple.
And in NO case presented did they not provide, to the best of their ability, said services. At least the one I followed a bit closer, the kid was seen and given medication for flu-like symptoms. He went back to his holding cell. 2-3 hours later his fever spiked and his father got government reps to transfer him to a hospital, where he rapidly declined and then, unfortunately, passed.

Had I and my son been detained in a foreign country, and I went thru the exact same situation, I would be grieving the loss of my son, but certainly not blaming the foreign government for MY actions that got me/son detained.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer12855.50

      06-05-2019, 01:35 PM   #87
TheWatchGuy
Major
TheWatchGuy's Avatar
1716
Rep
1,291
Posts

 
Drives: 335xi
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: CO

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieb View Post
Maybe try sorting out the immigration laws.

Currently - It's legal to come to our border and claim asylum.
Currently - It's a misdemeanor to cross illegally. Same as trespassing in a national forest or cutting down a tree on govt land.

If someone walks 1000 miles I'd have to guess they are facing some pretty ugly shit where they came from.

If people didn't think there will be major upcoming immigration reform in the USA there wouldn't be nearly as many attempting to come here.

Isolationism is the not the way to develop our country and the world. We are only working against ourselves. That sort of mindset is from the dark ages and only stifles our ability to grow.

We are being left behind by countries who over the last 20 years have quadrupled their GDP. Something like that does not happen by isolating themselves from the rest of the world.

I'm not returning to this thread. I hate seeing all the anger and blame laid on both sides. It's disgusting and frankly sad that our president creates so much divide and hate within our country and then expects his base to irrationally defend him since 90% of it is based on lies.

Good luck to our nation. I hope everyone wins since this seems to be more of a competition, no matter the outcome, rather than whats good for our country as a whole.
um.... i urge you to look at China and Japans illegal immigration laws and treatment of detained illegals and then tell me how they are doing better than the USA in that area.

and for reference, they are ranked #2 and #3 Nominal GDP behind the USA.

The USA isnt practicing isolationism. It takes in the most LEGAL immigrants in the world. In fact, outside of Germany, it smokes every other country out there in terms of amount of LEGAL immigrants it takes in per year.

Sounds like you just listen to the latest soundbytes without actually looking into what you are hearing.
__________________
@drunkcowatches on ig

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 4
DonaldPump3796.00
SakhirM49060.00
MKSixer12855.50

      06-05-2019, 03:30 PM   #88
openwheelracing
Captain
155
Rep
783
Posts

 
Drives: 5 different 3 Series
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Santa Barbara, CA

iTrader: (0)

Trump is sure trying to isolate US against outsiders, except Norway for some reason Norway gets a pass. Funny thing is they don't want to come here either unfortunately.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:36 AM.




5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST