Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-04-2019, 09:56 AM   #45
Genieman
First Lieutenant
192
Rep
301
Posts

 
Drives: 340i xDrive
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: United States

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyRyan2019 View Post
Yes, I am sure none of these career law enforcement people were able to set their political affiliations aside to do their jobs professionally. Cheese and Rice. Why does everything have to be some big conspiracy?
Did anyone in this thread claim something contrary to what you're saying??
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2019, 01:51 PM   #46
ScottyRyan2019
Licensed Professional Slacker
ScottyRyan2019's Avatar
United_States
464
Rep
359
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 340i xDrive and BMW X3 M40
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: St Paul, MN

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by N54Yankee View Post
Seems one of the preeminent legal minds in the country who is not a republican completely disagrees with you. Just because the leftist stations chose to ignore stories that donít fit their narrative doesnít mean itís not true or very relevant. If youíre interested you could skip to the 2m mark to hear an impartial expert state his thoughts on the topic and Iíll tell you, Iíll take Mr. Dershowitz's word on a critical legal opinion over some really angry, foul mouthed guy on a website.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/video...yer/vi-AAClpnS
Yeah, I was a bit over the top there. I think I gave some of my meds to kitesurfer.
Appreciate 3
      06-04-2019, 02:51 PM   #47
Schwarzschild Radius
Field Marshal of the Cosmos
Schwarzschild Radius's Avatar
United_States
6801
Rep
8,443
Posts

 
Drives: 135i DCT
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Agua Caliente

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyRyan2019 View Post
Yeah, I was a bit over the top there. I think I gave some of my meds to kitesurfer.
Kitesurfer needs them more than you!
__________________
I need some warm warming up stuff -LUPS
Appreciate 1
Lups10724.50

      06-04-2019, 03:04 PM   #48
ScottyRyan2019
Licensed Professional Slacker
ScottyRyan2019's Avatar
United_States
464
Rep
359
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 340i xDrive and BMW X3 M40
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: St Paul, MN

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwarzschild Radius View Post
Kitesurfer needs them more than you!
I do apologize to Yankee. That was a bit much on my part.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2019, 03:24 PM   #49
N54Yankee
Captain
N54Yankee's Avatar
United_States
1010
Rep
775
Posts

 
Drives: N54 135|Cobb|M3 control arms
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyRyan2019 View Post
I do apologize to Yankee. That was a bit much on my part.
No problem, we all lose it sometimes.
__________________
__________________
"The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms.Ē Samuel Adams
Appreciate 1
Lups10724.50

      06-04-2019, 04:19 PM   #50
irishbimmer
Major
1018
Rep
1,430
Posts

 
Drives: Silverstone M6 CP, Bulldozer,
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Orange County, CA

iTrader: (0)

Inferring there was some bias seems a bit of a stretch; in particular because Mr. Mueller himself is a Registered Republican. It would be equally far-fetched to claim he was biased towards Trump, when he had a job to do, and did it.
__________________
"People are entitled to their own opinions but not their own facts"
Appreciate 2
Lups10724.50
minn195309.50

      06-04-2019, 04:30 PM   #51
Lups
...
Lups's Avatar
10725
Rep
15,247
Posts

 
Drives: I don't own a car.
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Lost as usual

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishbimmer View Post
Inferring there was some bias seems a bit of a stretch; in particular because Mr. Mueller himself is a Registered Republican. It would be equally far-fetched to claim he was biased towards Trump, when he had a job to do, and did it.
I'm beginning to doubt the op was not worded well.

I tried to ask if anyone read the report.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
You're still a little new here, so I'll let you in on a little secret. Whenever Lups types gibberish, this is an opportunity for you to imagine it to be whatever you'd like it to be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
How would you know this? Did mommy catch you jerking off to some Big Foot porn ?
Appreciate 1
minn195309.50

      06-04-2019, 04:34 PM   #52
Schwarzschild Radius
Field Marshal of the Cosmos
Schwarzschild Radius's Avatar
United_States
6801
Rep
8,443
Posts

 
Drives: 135i DCT
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Agua Caliente

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
I'm beginning to doubt the op was not worded well.

I tried to ask if anyone read the report.
Are the "cliffs" notes out yet? I don't trust the "Barrs" notes
__________________
I need some warm warming up stuff -LUPS
Appreciate 1
minn195309.50

      06-04-2019, 04:43 PM   #53
Lups
...
Lups's Avatar
10725
Rep
15,247
Posts

 
Drives: I don't own a car.
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Lost as usual

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwarzschild Radius View Post
Are the "cliffs" notes out yet? I don't trust the "Barrs" notes
Barr did it in four pages tho... even Americans can do four pages yes?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
You're still a little new here, so I'll let you in on a little secret. Whenever Lups types gibberish, this is an opportunity for you to imagine it to be whatever you'd like it to be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
How would you know this? Did mommy catch you jerking off to some Big Foot porn ?
Appreciate 1
minn195309.50

      06-04-2019, 04:50 PM   #54
irishbimmer
Major
1018
Rep
1,430
Posts

 
Drives: Silverstone M6 CP, Bulldozer,
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Orange County, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
I'm beginning to doubt the op was not worded well.

I tried to ask if anyone read the report.
Lups;
You can pretty much tell who has not read the report-"the ones that doeth protest too much".

It seems to be a matter of civic duty. And my answer is yes, I've read it.
__________________
"People are entitled to their own opinions but not their own facts"
Appreciate 2
Lups10724.50
minn195309.50

      06-04-2019, 05:19 PM   #55
2000cs
Lieutenant
799
Rep
539
Posts

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
I'm beginning to doubt the op was not worded well.

I tried to ask if anyone read the report.
Iíll bite: no, I didnít read it. I also didnít read the NFL report on DeflateGate (if there is a report to read). I just donít get into entertainment and sports (and those characterize retail politics for me) that much.

I also havenít posted on the report, since I havenít read it. Other than a lot of media noise, I donít see any impact and thus no reason to read it - just like DeflateGate.
Appreciate 2
Lups10724.50
UncleWede7178.00

      06-04-2019, 05:49 PM   #56
gonzo
Lieutenant General
gonzo's Avatar
United_States
5878
Rep
12,260
Posts

 
Drives: as many as possible
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: TeXXXas

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishbimmer View Post
Lups;
You can pretty much tell who has not read the report-"the ones that doeth protest too much".

It seems to be a matter of civic duty. And my answer is yes, I've read it.
Interesting.

How many dems went in to read the initial report?

How many dems went in to read the 99% unredacted report?

How many dems do you think watched their colleagues, on DVR, spending an entire day reading the report in K-6th summer camp jamboree fashion on CSPAN?

Civic duty.
Interesting indeed.
__________________
Crazy Diamond
Appreciate 1
Lups10724.50

      06-04-2019, 05:51 PM   #57
Lups
...
Lups's Avatar
10725
Rep
15,247
Posts

 
Drives: I don't own a car.
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Lost as usual

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000cs View Post
Iíll bite: no, I didnít read it. I also didnít read the NFL report on DeflateGate (if there is a report to read). I just donít get into entertainment and sports (and those characterize retail politics for me) that much.

I also havenít posted on the report, since I havenít read it. Other than a lot of media noise, I donít see any impact and thus no reason to read it - just like DeflateGate.
The one you pay for because you can and you're interested in, the other you pay for because you must and the money you pay as taxes will be spent by people you pay to do so.

It's the same thing.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
You're still a little new here, so I'll let you in on a little secret. Whenever Lups types gibberish, this is an opportunity for you to imagine it to be whatever you'd like it to be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
How would you know this? Did mommy catch you jerking off to some Big Foot porn ?
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2019, 05:55 PM   #58
Lups
...
Lups's Avatar
10725
Rep
15,247
Posts

 
Drives: I don't own a car.
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Lost as usual

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishbimmer View Post
Lups;
You can pretty much tell who has not read the report-"the ones that doeth protest too much".

It seems to be a matter of civic duty. And my answer is yes, I've read it.
Hahaha, you're right.

As long as the USA is seen as the world leader, it's a global must. We have the same shitheads fucking us over here (Mueller 1) and the counter measures are still lacking, at best.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
You're still a little new here, so I'll let you in on a little secret. Whenever Lups types gibberish, this is an opportunity for you to imagine it to be whatever you'd like it to be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
How would you know this? Did mommy catch you jerking off to some Big Foot porn ?
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2019, 05:56 PM   #59
2000cs
Lieutenant
799
Rep
539
Posts

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
The one you pay for because you can and you're interested in, the other you pay for because you must and the money you pay as taxes will be spent by people you pay to do so.

It's the same thing.
I get your point, but for me the thing is that neither is actionable either today, or likely to inform actions I can take in the future. Thus, if not entertaining (and neither is for me), then there is no remaining reason to read the report. The ďplayersĒ in the political arena are delegated responsibility to act on things like this, when appropriate. That is sufficient for me. Since many of them, especially in the opposition party, have elected to not read the report, I donít see any reason to expect any action based on it nor any opportunity to engage productively around it. It is a side show, and I donít even enjoy a circus!
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2019, 05:57 PM   #60
Lups
...
Lups's Avatar
10725
Rep
15,247
Posts

 
Drives: I don't own a car.
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Lost as usual

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
Interesting.

How many dems went in to read the initial report?

How many dems went in to read the 99% unredacted report?

How many dems do you think watched their colleagues, on DVR, spending an entire day reading the report in K-6th summer camp jamboree fashion on CSPAN?

Civic duty.
Interesting indeed.
I appreciate this post, because I can.

You do realize the deal then was that only them could read it? The one comitee? As a rule, all their shit is classified and confidential so if they had done that, they couldn't have said a thing.

But anyway, did you read the report?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
You're still a little new here, so I'll let you in on a little secret. Whenever Lups types gibberish, this is an opportunity for you to imagine it to be whatever you'd like it to be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
How would you know this? Did mommy catch you jerking off to some Big Foot porn ?
Appreciate 2
      06-04-2019, 06:00 PM   #61
Lups
...
Lups's Avatar
10725
Rep
15,247
Posts

 
Drives: I don't own a car.
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Lost as usual

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000cs View Post
I get your point, but for me the thing is that neither is actionable either today, or likely to inform actions I can take in the future. Thus, if not entertaining (and neither is for me), then there is no remaining reason to read the report. The ďplayersĒ in the political arena are delegated responsibility to act on things like this, when appropriate. That is sufficient for me. Since many of them, especially in the opposition party, have elected to not read the report, I donít see any reason to expect any action based on it nor any opportunity to engage productively around it. It is a side show, and I donít even enjoy a circus!
I went to a circus once. I saw a bunny (European animal cruelty laws are strict).
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
You're still a little new here, so I'll let you in on a little secret. Whenever Lups types gibberish, this is an opportunity for you to imagine it to be whatever you'd like it to be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
How would you know this? Did mommy catch you jerking off to some Big Foot porn ?
Appreciate 2
2000cs798.50
minn195309.50

      06-04-2019, 08:54 PM   #62
irishbimmer
Major
1018
Rep
1,430
Posts

 
Drives: Silverstone M6 CP, Bulldozer,
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Orange County, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
Interesting.

How many dems went in to read the initial report?

How many dems went in to read the 99% unredacted report?

How many dems do you think watched their colleagues, on DVR, spending an entire day reading the report in K-6th summer camp jamboree fashion on CSPAN?

Civic duty.
Interesting indeed.
Its not about dems or retards-just try reading something that may affect our country and the world for the next two years.
__________________
"People are entitled to their own opinions but not their own facts"
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2019, 09:11 AM   #63
Schwarzschild Radius
Field Marshal of the Cosmos
Schwarzschild Radius's Avatar
United_States
6801
Rep
8,443
Posts

 
Drives: 135i DCT
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Agua Caliente

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishbimmer View Post
Its not about dems or retards-just try reading something that may affect our country and the world for the next two years.
Perhaps he needs the John Solomon or MarkF take on it first? And it didn't address the Seth Rich controversy.....
__________________
I need some warm warming up stuff -LUPS
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2019, 11:31 AM   #64
ScottyRyan2019
Licensed Professional Slacker
ScottyRyan2019's Avatar
United_States
464
Rep
359
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 340i xDrive and BMW X3 M40
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: St Paul, MN

iTrader: (0)

The problem with reports such as this is the average American cannot read lawyer speak, even somewhat dumbed down lawyer speak. There needed to be a Cliff's Notes version written is really simple easy to understand language (and I am not talking Barr's crock of shit 4 page laugher) to go along with the report. These lawyers forget that they are not just writing this for fellow lawyers and Congress, but for the American people to eventually (hopefully) read. They need a short, clear, and concise version that they can read during the commercial breaks of the Kardashians.
Appreciate 1
minn195309.50

      06-05-2019, 11:34 AM   #65
Schwarzschild Radius
Field Marshal of the Cosmos
Schwarzschild Radius's Avatar
United_States
6801
Rep
8,443
Posts

 
Drives: 135i DCT
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Agua Caliente

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyRyan2019 View Post
The problem with reports such as this is the average American cannot read lawyer speak, even somewhat dumbed down lawyer speak. There needed to be a Cliff's Notes version written is really simple easy to understand language (and I am not talking Barr's crock of shit 4 page laugher) to go along with the report. These lawyers forget that they are not just writing this for fellow lawyers and Congress, but for the American people to eventually (hopefully) read. They need a short, clear, and concise version that they can read during the commercial breaks of the Kardashians.
You would take a break from the Kardashians?
__________________
I need some warm warming up stuff -LUPS
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2019, 11:46 AM   #66
kitesurfer
Major
kitesurfer's Avatar
No_Country
487
Rep
1,344
Posts

 
Drives: Round n' Round
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Paradise

iTrader: (10)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwarzschild Radius View Post
Kitesurfer needs them more than you!
Do you clowns give each other "reach arrounds" or just stick with the basic "taint tickeling" at the Langley Cubicle Farm before or after you Propgandize the American people of social media?
__________________
"When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny." -Thomas Jefferson
There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. One is by the sword. The other is by debt.-John Adams
In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act -George Orwell
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:30 PM.




5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST