Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

06-10-2019, 06:00 PM   #23
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Drives: 135i DCT

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by adc100 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan_COLD View Post
As I said, if he can't do it with a simple majority of both houses of Congress, perhaps he ain't the deal-maker that some thought he was. Other Administrations have managed to get contentious legislation passed without supermajorities. How come they could manage it, but Trump can't?

"Chaos" on the border hurts the Dems position on border security, it doesn't help it. Trump and the GOP saying and doing loony things re: the border definitely does help their position, however.
Duh..of course "some contentious deals get done" and they have been for hundreds of years of years. Guess what...a contentious budget was just passed. There is always give and take.

So now because Democrats are doubling down on not wanting immigration trump can not make deals? OK..I get it. Care to explain why Democrats don't want to make deals?? ..

And you have forgotten this or maybe didn't know. The House and Senate make legislation not the Pres. You might have missed that one.

The Dems want Chaos on the boarder. Think what you will. Immediately they bring up busted up up "Families" which are not families.
)
But like many liberals (yea I know you are not a Liberal )

And its not both "Houses". its both Chambers..guess civics is not your strong subject
Now I know you didn't realize it takes 60 votes (supermajority) to pass legislation in the Senate and you do know the Dems control the House??

I eagerly await the rebuttal.....
      06-11-2019, 08:06 AM   #24
hooligan_COLD
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
Rep

Drives: '15 X1 35i M Sport

Quote:
Duh..of course "some contentious deals get done" and they have been for hundreds of years of years. Guess what...a contentious budget was just passed. There is always give and take.

So now because Democrats are doubling down on not wanting immigration trump can not make deals? OK..I get it. Care to explain why Democrats don't want to make deals?? ..
Yes, if Trump cannot get his signature promise passed via legislation, even while his party held a majority of both chambers of Congress for 2 years, that means he ain't the deal maker extraordinaire that many would have us believe he is. Precisely.

Quote:
And you have forgotten this or maybe didn't know. The House and Senate make legislation not the Pres. You might have missed that one.
I never claimed the President created legislation.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2019, 08:07 AM   #25
hooligan_COLD
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwarzschild Radius View Post

I eagerly await the rebuttal.....
Wait no longer...
Appreciate 1
      06-11-2019, 08:15 AM   #26
adc100
Major
Rep

Drives: 2018 Forester XT

Meh..I'll Come back when you get educated about the Senate Supermajories, and your backpedaling of Presedential role in the legislative process.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2019, 08:37 AM   #27
hooligan_COLD
Rep

Quote:
Meh..I'll Come back when you get educated about the Senate Supermajories, and your backpedaling of Presedential role in the legislative process.

I never claimed, in this thread or elsewhere, that the President creates legislation. Please quote it.

As to the "two houses" of Congress - while I admit it is inaccurate, or at least imprecise, it is not an uncommon phrase:

https://www.cliffsnotes.com/study-gu...es-of-congress

https://www.britannica.com/topic/Con...-United-States

https://ballotpedia.org/United_States_Congress

https://www.justice.gov/file/20711/download

https://fas.org/sgp/crs/misc/98-696.pdf

Last edited by hooligan_COLD; 06-11-2019 at 08:52 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2019, 09:16 AM   #28
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:

I'll Come back when you get educated.........

Really? To be very frank, anyone ever using a statement like that comes off as.......uneducated. It's a weak argument, and its a very poor attempt at being condescending. And being condescending online generally comes off as unintelligent.
      06-12-2019, 01:46 PM   #29
adc100
Major
Rep

Drives: 2018 Forester XT

Quote:

Really? To be very frank, anyone ever using a statement like that comes off as.......uneducated. It's a weak argument, and its a very poor attempt at being condescending. And being condescending online generally comes off as unintelligent.
Care do point out where I was wrong?Where was I condescending? I am pointing out facts.

You never make any good arguments on your own and instead need to hold onto someone's coattails to carry you through an argument.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2019, 02:35 PM   #30
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Quote:

Care do point out where I was wrong?Where was I condescending? I am pointing out facts.

You never make any good arguments on your own and instead need to hold onto someone's coattails to carry you through an argument.
Sure. Go enjoy some more Bratbart and RT (those are the news organizations that are always on your side).