Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-28-2019, 01:29 PM   #1
kent11202
Captain
United_States
475
Rep
868
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 328i
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: SF Bay Area

iTrader: (0)

Private funding for the border wall

I can hardly wait to hear what the left has to say and/or attempt to do about this concept. I'm sure they will characterize it as yet another facet of our current fabricated "constitutional crisis" that needs to be addressed and go on to refute its legitimacy based on some nonsense I'm sure they are "dreaming up" as I type this.

It seems to me that if a citizen wishes to donate to this program, the government has no say in the matter. My best guess is that they would come up with some BS legal grounds to support any contributions would not be deductible - guess what "Do Nothing" politicians. The vast majority of contributors wouldn't give a damn about deductibility, they're more interested in SOLVING a problem than playing stupid double-speak games leading nowhere.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/18545...in-joseph-curl

https://davidson.house.gov/media-cen...ds-border-wall
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2019, 02:21 PM   #2
hooligan_COLD
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
hooligan_COLD's Avatar
3694
Rep
3,207
Posts

 
Drives: '15 X1 35i M Sport
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Back in the Mitten

iTrader: (0)

Wow, how was your nap, Rip Van Winkle?

This effort has been going on for nearly 7 months, you know?
Appreciate 3
      05-28-2019, 02:29 PM   #3
ScottyRyan2019
Licensed Professional Slacker
ScottyRyan2019's Avatar
United_States
514
Rep
402
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 340i xDrive and BMW X3 M40
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: St Paul, MN

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan_COLD View Post
Wow, how was your nap, Rip Van Winkle?

This effort has been going on for nearly 7 months, you know?
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2019, 02:41 PM   #4
kent11202
Captain
United_States
475
Rep
868
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 328i
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: SF Bay Area

iTrader: (0)

[QUOTE=hooligan_COLD;24841613]Wow, how was your nap, Rip Van Winkle?QUOTE]

Actually, you need to stand corrected. It's been going on longer than 7 months BUT there hasn't been much said about it until fairly recently. I certainly understand the biased media not bringing it to the forefront. After all, doing so would likely generate too much support (and money) thereby causing the left even more problems than they already have as they continue their current political suicide march.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2019, 02:48 PM   #5
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
Captain Blood's Avatar
United_States
7630
Rep
9,646
Posts

 
Drives: 135i DCT
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Tortuga

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kent11202 View Post
I can hardly wait to hear what the left has to say and/or attempt to do about this concept. I'm sure they will characterize it as yet another facet of our current fabricated "constitutional crisis" that needs to be addressed and go on to refute its legitimacy based on some nonsense I'm sure they are "dreaming up" as I type this.

It seems to me that if a citizen wishes to donate to this program, the government has no say in the matter. My best guess is that they would come up with some BS legal grounds to support any contributions would not be deductible - guess what "Do Nothing" politicians. The vast majority of contributors wouldn't give a damn about deductibility, they're more interested in SOLVING a problem than playing stupid double-speak games leading nowhere.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/18545...in-joseph-curl

https://davidson.house.gov/media-cen...ds-border-wall
Why doesn't Will Hurd sponsor this? Why someone from Ohio?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Will_Hurd
__________________
I need a vector, Victor.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2019, 03:05 PM   #6
hooligan_COLD
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
hooligan_COLD's Avatar
3694
Rep
3,207
Posts

 
Drives: '15 X1 35i M Sport
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Back in the Mitten

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kent11202 View Post
Actually, you need to stand corrected. It's been going on longer than 7 months BUT there hasn't been much said about it until fairly recently. I certainly understand the biased media not bringing it to the forefront. After all, doing so would likely generate too much support (and money) thereby causing the left even more problems than they already have as they continue their current political suicide march.
#1 - Kolfage's GoFundMe was started in mid-Dec 2018. It is now late May 2019. How many months is that?

#2 - There was a fair amount of discussion about it in The Wall thread.


So, no, I don't need to stand corrected.

Last edited by hooligan_COLD; 05-28-2019 at 03:28 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2019, 04:02 PM   #7
Joekerr
Is Joe King
Joekerr's Avatar
4453
Rep
1,617
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 300C SRT8
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Toronto, ON

iTrader: (0)

I have to say - I'm still mighty suspicious of Kolfage. And whether this money (or some portion of it) will just wind up in his pocket. I have this feeling there will be no accounting provided for how the funds were spent.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
he's Canadian. By international law we all must worship him and all other products of the country.
Appreciate 1
      05-28-2019, 04:19 PM   #8
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
UncleWede's Avatar
United_States
7779
Rep
7,352
Posts

 
Drives: E90 325i Arctic
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
I have to say - I'm still mighty suspicious of Kolfage. And whether this money (or some portion of it) will just wind up in his pocket. I have this feeling there will be no accounting provided for how the funds were spent.
My guess: Avenati will help him with the paper trail
Appreciate 3
      05-29-2019, 01:42 AM   #9
ScottyRyan2019
Licensed Professional Slacker
ScottyRyan2019's Avatar
United_States
514
Rep
402
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 340i xDrive and BMW X3 M40
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: St Paul, MN

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
My guess: Avenati will help him with the paper trail
Man, that guy went from hero (in some people's eyes) to zero in no time.
Appreciate 1
      05-29-2019, 08:29 AM   #10
adc100
Major
929
Rep
1,143
Posts

 
Drives: 2018 Forester XT
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Elizabethtown PA

iTrader: (0)

2500 illegals crossed in one day in a small area at ElPaso.
It really is a full scale invasion which we really can not stop. And the Dems love it.
Appreciate 1
Torgus1903.00

      06-06-2019, 04:22 PM   #11
irishbimmer
Banned
1133
Rep
1,568
Posts

 
Drives: Silverstone M6 CP, Bulldozer,
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Orange County, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc100 View Post
2500 illegals crossed in one day in a small area at ElPaso.
It really is a full scale invasion which we really can not stop. And the Dems love it.
Whats to love-aren't they crossing and then surrendering to the border patrol which is what they are allowed?
I don't believe anyone "loves" the situation-they are seeking asylum and under standards of international law have a certain set of rights.

The "dems" and republicans just recently passed an immigration bill (bi-partisan) which had huge support in the house for the dreamers. Your turn Mitch. These problems can be fixed.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2019, 05:27 PM   #12
charlieb
Enlisted Member
16
Rep
34
Posts

 
Drives: 2007 328i Manual
Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: New York

iTrader: (0)

Almost half of our country complains about everyone else doing “wrong” when their almost half is hypocritically doing 10 times as much that is truly wrong on a multitude of levels.

It makes me say things like, wake up or get a clue. No matter though because it’s all about perception which is one of the minuscule reasons why politics suck (whiner).
Yeah, won’t be coming back to this thread either.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2019, 05:30 PM   #13
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
Captain Blood's Avatar
United_States
7630
Rep
9,646
Posts

 
Drives: 135i DCT
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Tortuga

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieb View Post
Almost half of our country complains about everyone else doing “wrong” when their almost half is hypocritically doing 10 times as much that is truly wrong on a multitude of levels.

It makes me say things like, wake up or get a clue. No matter though because it’s all about perception which is one of the minuscule reasons why politics suck (whiner).
Yeah, won’t be coming back to this thread either.
The affects of more grumpy old man rum?
__________________
I need a vector, Victor.
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2019, 07:01 AM   #14
DonaldPump
Brigadier General
DonaldPump's Avatar
5837
Rep
3,437
Posts

 
Drives: 13' E92 BSM 335i 6MT
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Boulder, CO

iTrader: (0)

Where is our wall Trump?

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/w...gal-immigrants

#maga?
__________________
2013 BSM Coral Red E92 335i 6MT M-Sport
2016 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Edition
Hebrews 4:12
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2019, 10:21 AM   #15
N54Yankee
Major
N54Yankee's Avatar
United_States
1418
Rep
1,068
Posts

 
Drives: N54 135|Cobb|M3 control arms
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Ask the dems in the house. We likely need to wait till 2020 and hope Trump wins re-election and takes back the house to get it going in earnest.
In the meantime putting pressure on Mexico is paramount, beefing up the border patrol, adding military assets and personnel and try to get it to SCOTUS under the law that asylum seekers must take refuge in the first country they come to, not commute through them to get to the liberal promised land.
__________________
__________________
"The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms.” Samuel Adams
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2019, 01:16 PM   #16
Haywood
I know a thing or 2 about a thing or 2...
Haywood's Avatar
United_States
1851
Rep
2,710
Posts

 
Drives: E36 M3 Coupe, e39 M5
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: LI, NY

iTrader: (11)

Garage List
2003 BMW e39 M5  [0.00]
1997 BMW e36 M3  [0.00]
So, tell me why people are against the wall? This is pretty scary and a real threat. I'm sure liberals will claim fake news.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...er-Mexico.html
__________________
2003 Le Mans Blue e39 M5 Dinan S1
1997 Alpine White e36 M3 (the old gal)
2013 Mineral White e92 M3 (sold )
2014 Carbon Black 650i M-sport (sold)
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2019, 08:51 AM   #17
hooligan_COLD
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
hooligan_COLD's Avatar
3694
Rep
3,207
Posts

 
Drives: '15 X1 35i M Sport
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Back in the Mitten

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by N54Yankee View Post
Ask the dems in the house. We likely need to wait till 2020 and hope Trump wins re-election and takes back the house to get it going in earnest.
In the meantime putting pressure on Mexico is paramount, beefing up the border patrol, adding military assets and personnel and try to get it to SCOTUS under the law that asylum seekers must take refuge in the first country they come to, not commute through them to get to the liberal promised land.
So, the greatest deal-maker to ever occupy the White House couldn't get it done with a simple GOP majority in both houses, we have to hope for a GOP supermajority to get it done? That's not terribly impressive.

Appreciate 1
      06-10-2019, 12:19 PM   #18
adc100
Major
929
Rep
1,143
Posts

 
Drives: 2018 Forester XT
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Elizabethtown PA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan_COLD View Post
So, the greatest deal-maker to ever occupy the White House couldn't get it done with a simple GOP majority in both houses, we have to hope for a GOP supermajority to get it done? That's not terribly impressive.

How could he? Nervous Nancy and chuck Schumer rejected the deal last year last year when Trump offerred 2.6 million (dreamers ++++/illegals) amnesty and the Dems (schumer/Pelosi ) rejected it

You really think Pelosi and Schumer do not want chaos at the boarder to help them win 2020. I would have thought you would be more savvy than RD, and his type.
Appreciate 1
N54Yankee1417.50

      06-10-2019, 12:24 PM   #19
hooligan_COLD
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
hooligan_COLD's Avatar
3694
Rep
3,207
Posts

 
Drives: '15 X1 35i M Sport
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Back in the Mitten

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc100 View Post
How could he? Nervous Nancy and chuck Schumer rejected the deal last year last year when Trump offerred 2.6 million (dreamers ++++/illegals) amnesty and the Dems (schumer/Pelosi ) rejected it

You really think Pelosi and Schumer do not want chaos at the boarder to help them win 2020. I would have thought you would be more savvy than RD, and his type.
As I said, if he can't do it with a simple majority of both houses of Congress, perhaps he ain't the deal-maker that some thought he was. Other Administrations have managed to get contentious legislation passed without supermajorities. How come they could manage it, but Trump can't?

"Chaos" on the border hurts the Dems position on border security, it doesn't help it. Trump and the GOP saying and doing loony things re: the border definitely does help their position, however.
Appreciate 1
      06-10-2019, 12:36 PM   #20
MPBK
Everyday I'm shuffling
United_States
337
Rep
995
Posts

 
Drives: '12 SG 135i DCT; '18 MG M2 DCT
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kent11202 View Post
I can hardly wait to hear what the left has to say and/or attempt to do about this concept. I'm sure they will characterize it as yet another facet of our current fabricated "constitutional crisis" that needs to be addressed and go on to refute its legitimacy based on some nonsense I'm sure they are "dreaming up" as I type this.

It seems to me that if a citizen wishes to donate to this program, the government has no say in the matter. My best guess is that they would come up with some BS legal grounds to support any contributions would not be deductible - guess what "Do Nothing" politicians. The vast majority of contributors wouldn't give a damn about deductibility, they're more interested in SOLVING a problem than playing stupid double-speak games leading nowhere.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/18545...in-joseph-curl

https://davidson.house.gov/media-cen...ds-border-wall
Being a hard core right-ist and living in SF must be killing you.
You are making assumptions and guessing on what will happen based on a post from July 13, 2017? It's already settled. Google it.

"It seems to me that if a citizen wishes to donate to this program, the government has no say in the matter. "
Basically, here's some money, now go build me a wall! ? that's not how democracy works.
The gov has no say on how you spend your money, but just because you gave money to a group of people doesn't mean that group of people can demand the gov to do something with their money. The gov has absolute authority on how and when to implement public policies/services.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2019, 04:40 PM   #21
adc100
Major
929
Rep
1,143
Posts

 
Drives: 2018 Forester XT
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Elizabethtown PA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan_COLD View Post
As I said, if he can't do it with a simple majority of both houses of Congress, perhaps he ain't the deal-maker that some thought he was. Other Administrations have managed to get contentious legislation passed without supermajorities. How come they could manage it, but Trump can't?

"Chaos" on the border hurts the Dems position on border security, it doesn't help it. Trump and the GOP saying and doing loony things re: the border definitely does help their position, however.
Duh..of course "some contentious deals get done" and they have been for hundreds of years of years. Guess what...a contentious budget was just passed. There is always give and take.

So now because Democrats are doubling down on not wanting immigration trump can not make deals? OK..I get it. Care to explain why Democrats don't want to make deals?? ..

And you have forgotten this or maybe didn't know. The House and Senate make legislation not the Pres. You might have missed that one.

The Dems want Chaos on the boarder. Think what you will. Immediately they bring up busted up up "Families" which are not families.
)
But like many liberals (yea I know you are not a Liberal )


And its not both "Houses". its both Chambers..guess civics is not your strong subject
Now I know you didn't realize it takes 60 votes (supermajority) to pass legislation in the Senate and you do know the Dems control the House??

Last edited by adc100; 06-10-2019 at 04:46 PM..
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2019, 04:42 PM   #22
adc100
Major
929
Rep
1,143
Posts

 
Drives: 2018 Forester XT
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Elizabethtown PA

iTrader: (0)

Delete
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:28 PM.




5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST