Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

05-13-2019, 08:03 PM   #1
adc100
Major
Rep

Drives: 2018 Forester XT

Iran

7..6......5..4..3.. When?
I say Wed Night Eastern Time.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2019, 08:33 PM   #2
Our03z4
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 2008 BMW Z4 3.0si Coupe

It's hard to say. A situation just like this happened when the U.S. pulled out of the nuclear agreement with Iran. What it really comes down to is when enough will be enough. Both sides are using a lot of big talk with neither side wanting to back down. It won't end well for Iran if it gets to that point, but really war doesn't have any winner at the end of the day. With the UAE asking for our help in investigating the attacks I think that pretty much says what they want to happen. I just always hope things like this aren't false flag attacks, but with who potentially is behind the attacks I wouldn't doubt the findings.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2019, 09:01 PM   #3
ScottSinger
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: M235i 6spd

The only way the U.S. hits Iran if the Europeans are agreeing behind closed doors (Pompeo visit ?) and making their facilities available to the U.S.. That would mean the news reports out now are misinformation or not even accurate.
Did Pompeo make some info available to NATO to get them o.k. military action.

But I also imagine Iran is negotiating with Belgium and the Swiss right now to reenact shut down of nuclear research in an effort to placate the Americans.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2019, 01:19 AM   #4
SoCalS2k
Captain
Rep

Drives: S2K!

Garage List
2001 Honda S2k  [0.00]
Ppl are pretty dumb about Iran kinda reminds me the way ppl were talking before war with Iraq. I think ppl here are being setup to think war against them is ok just like they did to us for Iraq war which is so sad they forgot how bad it was during Iraq times and Iran is way stronger so it'll be much much worse. But I do think something bad will come because it's only getting bad for trump every day it gets closer to election and I can imagine him launch a war when election is really close and he needs to get some extra votes
Appreciate 9
      05-14-2019, 02:45 AM   #5
Delta0311
Lieutenant General
Rep

Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalS2k View Post
Ppl are pretty dumb about Iran kinda reminds me the way ppl were talking before war with Iraq. I think ppl here are being setup to think war against them is ok just like they did to us for Iraq war which is so sad they forgot how bad it was during Iraq times and Iran is way stronger so it'll be much much worse. But I do think something bad will come because it's only getting bad for trump every day it gets closer to election and I can imagine him launch a war when election is really close and he needs to get some extra votes
I agree with you there. We need a war in Iran about as much as we need AOC Green Plan. Iran is not Iraq, their military capabilities are fairly sophisticated and you can be rest assured that the Russian will supply them in case SHTF.
MKSixer14662.50

05-14-2019, 08:44 AM   #6
N54Yankee
Major
United_States
Rep

Drives: N54 135|Cobb|M3 control arms

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0311 View Post
I agree with you there. We need a war in Iran about as much as we need AOC Green Plan. Iran is not Iraq, their military capabilities are fairly sophisticated and you can be rest assured that the Russian will supply them in case SHTF.
Agreed we don’t need a shooting war with them but Iran has no idea what they’re getting into going against the USA. They must be more informed and wise to what can happen after seeing sodom Hussein attempt to play tough guy with us but he finally learned but only after the second time how capable our forces are.
Iraq was no slouch military wise, they had the 4th largest army in the world during the first Gulf War and we made short work of them in no time, only a few days once the ground war started. Iraq was also supplied by Russia for decades and had some of the most advanced Ruskie weapons before we got into with them and it didn’t help them much at all.

If it came to it most of our critical hits would be accomplished using tomahawks and drones without jeopardizing our troops. More technological advanced warfare then was ever seen before. Thankfully we now have a President that is willing to unleash the Dogs of War and let our guys win. IMO
Of course I hope it doesn’t get that far and I wish it’s just sabre rattling on both sides and we can get back to the ‘normal’ detente that’s existed since the 70’s.
"The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms.” Samuel Adams
Appreciate 3
Delta03117224.00
MKSixer14662.50

05-14-2019, 09:13 AM   #7
DonaldPump
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: 13' E92 BSM 335i 6MT

What a joke, Iran, seriously?

Sounds like Isreal is ready for us to commit more of our boys overseas. GTFOH.
Hebrews 4:12
Appreciate 5
      05-14-2019, 09:48 AM   #8
adc100
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottSinger View Post
The only way the U.S. hits Iran if the Europeans are agreeing behind closed doors (Pompeo visit ?) and making their facilities available to the U.S.. .
With a 2 Carrier strike, thats more than enough.

Quote:
Iran is way stronger so it'll be much much worse.
Actually Iran has almost no Functional Air Force nor Navy
They are very weak.

Having said that I assume we are making sure all the i's are dotted and t's crossed. We certainly don't want to lose a ship. Also I don't think it is proven that Iran actually damaged these tankers.

So hopefully nothing will happen for a while.
Readers Digest: I was wrong.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2019, 10:01 AM   #9
unluky
Captain
Rep

Drives: 04 z4 3.0 Sport & 15 X5 35i XD

Garage List
I always have a hard time believing these guys believe their hype - like Saddam. I know they have to talk tough and pound their chest to make their followers chats their names and name their babies after them......but deep down I always believe they know they would get walked through like toilet paper.

But maybe after years of chest pounding and people telling you how bad you are - you start to believe it???

Just hate to see us go to war because we can't afford a nuclear Iran - and them not wanting to admit their Johnson is smaller than they pretend. If the world would draw the line in the sand at the same time - this would be over in a month without a shot fired. If they can't export oil at all - they are done and they know it.

Amazing where we have came in 10,000 years.....yet we still have these "clan" wars. Guess it's in our DNA.

2015 X5 XDrive 35i - 2004 Z4 3.0 Sport
Appreciate 2
MKSixer14662.50

05-14-2019, 10:10 AM   #10
SoCalS2k
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2001 Honda S2k  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by N54Yankee View Post
Quote:
Agreed we don’t need a shooting war with them but Iran has no idea what they’re getting into going against the USA. They must be more informed and wise to what can happen after seeing sodom Hussein attempt to play tough guy with us but he finally learned but only after the second time how capable our forces are.
Iraq was no slouch military wise, they had the 4th largest army in the world during the first Gulf War and we made short work of them in no time, only a few days once the ground war started. Iraq was also supplied by Russia for decades and had some of the most advanced Ruskie weapons before we got into with them and it didn’t help them much at all.

If it came to it most of our critical hits would be accomplished using tomahawks and drones without jeopardizing our troops. More technological advanced warfare then was ever seen before. Thankfully we now have a President that is willing to unleash the Dogs of War and let our guys win. IMO
Of course I hope it doesn’t get that far and I wish it’s just sabre rattling on both sides and we can get back to the ‘normal’ detente that’s existed since the 70’s.
Really?? A week after trump says he's moving a carrier to area they decide to randomly drone a random tanker ship which gets no advantage to anyone.

Even you aren't that gullible are you haha maybee you are. This is as false flag as it gets and I bet there will be 100 more false flags until trump gets his war but I don't think it will go as e-z as you think it will. That is exactly how I remember ppl talking before Iraq war about how ez it will be and it wasn't ez, economy crashed and all other problems we are still paying for today. Maybe you are too young to remember how ppl were talking before Iraq war or just really gullible guy

What did bush say so famous? Fool me once fool me twice haha

I think war is coming because trump really needs it so this is bad news for all of us I don't think this will go the way you are dreaming it will
Appreciate 2
OrcaPod40.50

05-14-2019, 03:29 PM   #11
Delta0311
Lieutenant General
Rep

Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi

Quote:
Really?? A week after trump says he's moving a carrier to area they decide to randomly drone a random tanker ship which gets no advantage to anyone.

Even you aren't that gullible are you haha maybee you are. This is as false flag as it gets and I bet there will be 100 more false flags until trump gets his war but I don't think it will go as e-z as you think it will. That is exactly how I remember ppl talking before Iraq war about how ez it will be and it wasn't ez, economy crashed and all other problems we are still paying for today. Maybe you are too young to remember how ppl were talking before Iraq war or just really gullible guy

I think war is coming because trump really needs it so this is bad news for all of us I don't think this will go the way you are dreaming it will

Bolton is a fucking idiot and the last thing we need right now is a war... Honestly even if Iran had nuclear capabilities, what would they do with them? They would not attack Israel or anyone else for that matter because they would be flattened quickly.. Now what would attacking Iran accomplish? Sure we can wipe out most of their military capabilities, at a cost of course but what is the end game plan. We would not be able to occupy Iran, they would bleed us out. So the plan would be to what, level the place and come home waving a Mission Accomplished sign. Iran would then launch an army of covert operatives to fuck up our interests overseas and here at home as well; it would be Al Queda 2.0.
      05-14-2019, 03:52 PM   #12
ScottSinger
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: M235i 6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc100 View Post
With a 2 Carrier strike, thats more than enough.

Actually Iran has almost no Functional Air Force nor Navy
They are very weak.

Having said that I assume we are making sure all the i's are dotted and t's crossed. We certainly don't want to lose a ship. Also I don't think it is proven that Iran actually damaged these tankers.

So hopefully nothing will happen for a while.
Readers Digest: I was wrong.
I thought this was readable

https://nationalinterest.org/blog/bu...uld-look-57012
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2019, 04:00 PM   #13
SoCalS2k
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2001 Honda S2k  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:

Bolton is a fucking idiot and the last thing we need right now is a war... Honestly even if Iran had nuclear capabilities, what would they do with them? They would not attack Israel or anyone else for that matter because they would be flattened quickly.. Now what would attacking Iran accomplish? Sure we can wipe out most of their military capabilities, at a cost of course but what is the end game plan. We would not be able to occupy Iran, they would bleed us out. So the plan would be to what, level the place and come home waving a Mission Accomplished sign. Iran would then launch an army of covert operatives to fuck up our interests overseas and here at home as well; it would be Al Queda 2.0.
100 right! But don't take what you and I know is obvious for granted. These crazies gonna try to trick us and take us for a ride AGAIN because all they want is for us to level the place and then we have to suffer consequences
Appreciate 1
Delta03117224.00

05-14-2019, 04:56 PM   #14
Ivan Ivanov
First Lieutenant
Russian Federation
Rep

Drives: X1, X3

Quote:
100 right! But don't take what you and I know is obvious for granted. These crazies gonna try to trick us and take us for a ride AGAIN because all they want is for us to level the place and then we have to suffer consequences
Allow me, but who then will uphold democratic principles throughout the world, if not US!?
Appreciate 2
1 AKY287.00
OrcaPod40.50

05-14-2019, 06:19 PM   #15
1 AKY
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Drives: E90 330D MSport Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan Ivanov View Post
Allow me, but who then will uphold democratic principles throughout the world, if not US!?
Israel, Egypt, ....
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2019, 09:09 PM   #16
NickyC
Major General
Rep

Drives: YMB M4, has a roof though. :(

Good grief, I guess somebody decided our foreign policy could be worse than it already is and is out to prove the doubters wrong.

Can somebody please just retire Bolton, put him on a nice beach somewhere and let him destroy sand castles all day or something.
Appreciate 8
      05-15-2019, 06:14 AM   #17
adc100
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
Can somebody please just retire Bolton, put him on a nice beach somewhere and let him destroy sand castles all day or something.
If he would have been in place 8 years ago the problem with NK/Iran would not exist.
Appreciate 2
MKSixer14662.50
N54Yankee1423.50

05-15-2019, 07:44 AM   #18
N54Yankee
Major
United_States
Rep

Drives: N54 135|Cobb|M3 control arms

Were still in a state war with NK since 1950 and since the late 1970’s our relationship has been in the shitter with Iran. One just needs to look at the history between the three countries in those time frames to see how bad things have been for decades. Iran will have the Bomb at some point and as is the case in most of our intelligence guesses it always comes sooner then they tell us. They’ve been killing our troops for a long time with their exported IED’s and other weapons. I’m convinced they will use nukes against Israel when they do make them and Israel will retaliate in kind and then what, radiation across the planet at a minimum.
NK already has them and I think it’s probable they will either use them themselves because he’s fucking crazy or sell some because they despise the west and are bleeding for a cash infusion. He’s a real life crazy Bond villain!

Both countries are cancer tumors growing larger on the planet. Trump is really the first President to try a really stem their growth with the help of Bolton. Believe it or not a strong hand is needed in govt along with more moderate ones. If anyone thinks not being tough is the way, how has that worked thus far?
Thankfully Israel was tough in about 1980 when they did a surprise air strike on the Iraq nuclear power plant or they would have nukes and likely used them against Iran, Israel, USA whoever. They’re all sick, violent regimes willing to murder nearly everyone. Allah is cool with that.
"The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms.” Samuel Adams

Last edited by N54Yankee; 05-15-2019 at 07:58 AM..
Appreciate 1
glennQNYC5427.50

05-15-2019, 07:51 AM   #19
DonaldPump
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: 13' E92 BSM 335i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
Seriously laughed so hard at the imagery here.
Hebrews 4:12
Appreciate 2
NickyC5234.00
.2pdk4003.00

05-15-2019, 09:15 AM   #20
Eriphill
Captain
Rep

Drives: 340i

British general in Iraq says there is no increased threat from Iran quickly rebuked by US Central Command. Wonder if he's going to be sent home in the not too distant future.

Appreciate 1
      05-15-2019, 09:23 AM   #21
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Drives: 135i DCT

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
This "crisis" seems contrived. Something doesn't seem right.........So we have four damaged oil tankers, the damage being kind of odd, and a minor Yemeni rebel drone strike on a Saudi oil pipeline. As much as I dislike the Iranian regime, it has been smart enough to avoid situations like this. Either they have someone new in charge who is obviously less intelligent, or something else is going on.

PS I never could figure out why the F-14 was phased out so quickly and completely. A little research last year revealed why.....they were retired and completely scrapped so there would be no source of spare parts for the Iranians.
1 AKY287.00

05-15-2019, 09:27 AM   #22
SoCalS2k
Captain
Rep

Garage List
2001 Honda S2k  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eriphill View Post
British general in Iraq says there is no increased threat from Iran quickly rebuked by US Central Command. Wonder if he's going to be sent home in the not too distant future.

Yeah and the other week navy director of operations said the carrier deployment to the area was planned for a "long time" and not related to any threat but then the next day said he made a mistake. As if the director of navy operations wouldn't know about a carrier changing directions lol.

Mysterious evil forces out there are pushing for a war and shutting these guys up. It's like who cares about the truth when you need to make a war happen, this is all identical to lead up to Iraq war when that spy who said Iraq had no wmd was outted and other shady stuff to shut anyone up who was against going to war for no reason
Appreciate 1
1 AKY287.00