Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Photography/Videography

03-22-2019, 01:44 AM   #1
robbert
Rep

Drives: BMW M5

Birthday present!?

Hello
Since next week is my nephew's birthday I would like to buy him a telescope as a present. He is into this stuff and I thought it would make him happy... The only problem is I don't know a thing about telescopes. I've researched a bit and found some useful information here https://devices4home.com/best-telescope/ but I still can't decide which one to buy. So I wanted to ask you for some advice, can you tell me what a telescope must have and can you recommend some good models.
Thank you!
      03-22-2019, 07:47 AM   #2
519.E82
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Drives: BMW 128i Sport (Non M)

Im like you not an expert but id look on amazon maybe? If i ever need reviews I go to Amazon.com cause people love to review on that, and it will tell you amazons top choice
      03-22-2019, 08:03 AM   #3
1MOREMOD
2018 track days - 0 ridge 1:52:24 pacific 1:33:30
United_States
Rep

Drives: Race car->

Think there are a few members in here that will chime in with good advise on this subject. Seem to remember something similar in the past..
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2019, 02:17 AM   #4
Cale Vong
Banned
Rep

Drives: Nissan Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbert View Post
Hello
Since next week is my nephew's birthday I would like to buy him a telescope as a present. He is into this stuff and I thought it would make him happy... The only problem is I don't know a thing about telescopes. I've researched a bit and found some useful information here https://devices4home.com/best-telescope/ but I still can't decide which one to buy. So I wanted to ask you for some advice, can you tell me what a telescope must have and can you recommend some good models.
Thank you!
This is an amazing gift!
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2019, 07:07 AM   #5
Grumpy Old Man
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Drives: Porsche 993, 2015 MB GLK

So my two cents. This will remove the element of surprise, but you could build that in. Take him shopping, make him part of the experience and pick the one he thinks suits his needs best. Either way, this is a nice thing your doing for him, good on you.
Appreciate 0