New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Video + PC Gaming / Computing

06-11-2023, 12:16 AM   #1
DO444
Banned
Rep

Drives: 340i

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom

Anyone played this?
Wow.

I’m blown away.
This is such a great year for gaming.
Had to go out and get an OLED switch just for this.

It’s unreal.
Anyone who loves gaming, just get the mofo right now.

Been playing non stop for 3-ish weeks and I just can’t put it down!

And Diablo 4 is waiting, and Baldur’s Gate 3 is coming, and Starfield is on the way…

I’m in video gaming Heaven.
This is the year I’ve been waiting for since… well, the last time we had a good year, idk.

Anyway, if you game… get this new Zelda.
It’s amazing.
Appreciate 2
      06-11-2023, 02:25 AM   #2
HFW003
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Drives: 2024 M340i xdrive

Not my thing as I’m a grown arse man but maybe post here

https://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/fo...play.php?f=170
Appreciate 1
vreihen1615202.00
      06-11-2023, 08:20 AM   #3
Bruuuce
the me
Rep

Drives: 01ZCoupe, 08M3Coupe, 21M2C

Yes, its good. It's a bit of the same game play as the original, well almost identical. So not as thrilled about that, but it needs to be in the same "world"

Just a revolutionary update, IMHO.

Its good and been playing it a bunch.
Appreciate 1
DO4441408.50
      06-11-2023, 01:53 PM   #4
DO444
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HFW003 View Post

https://g20.bimmerpost.com/forums/fo...play.php?f=170
I hear you, but I also have no idea what you’re talking about.

You never throw a ball around for fun with dogs, or chase a circular disc, watch two guys beat the crap out of each other for entertainment, or visit a beautiful beach for the scenery?

It’s the same idea except I can sit my grown manly ass on a nice leather couch and feed my brain.

Video games are brain food.
I suppose we don’t all have the free time I do, however, and I concede that point, but if you’ve ever watched a movie and enjoyed it… you’ve just done the same thing as a video game.

Anyway thanks for the link.
Try gaming sometime grandpa, it’s a larger by dollar volume industry than movies and music, combined, so it’s clearly doing something right.
Appreciate 2
Fast.F10513.50
Joachim328.00
      06-11-2023, 01:56 PM   #5
DO444
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruuuce View Post
Yes, its good. It's a bit of the same game play as the original, well almost identical. So not as thrilled about that, but it needs to be in the same "world"

Just a revolutionary update, IMHO.

Its good and been playing it a bunch.
You know I thought I wouldn’t bother with it because it is in the same world, and my thinking was it would be more of an update than anything… but wow! (Insert beedle’s voice here).

It’s actually super entertaining.
I wish more games would do this, just totally redo the entire world and story and make the characters “live” there.

It’s kinda like a TV show where things change but the setting stays the same. I dig it.
Appreciate 1
Bruuuce341.50
      06-11-2023, 02:41 PM   #6
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep

Drives: a slow car fast

Quote:
Grown arse men play video games too. Just saying...

I played them well in to my 50s. 68 now and don't have the patience for all that.

Loved the original Zelda, btw.
      06-11-2023, 03:14 PM   #7
HFW003
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban View Post
Grown arse men play video games too. Just saying...

I played them well in to my 50s. 68 now and don't have the patience for all that.

Loved the original Zelda, btw.
The age was not my point mate but ok.

I’m almost 60 and have been gaming since the Sega Megadrive and still play almost daily.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2023, 03:20 PM   #8
HFW003
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DO444 View Post
I hear you, but I also have no idea what you’re talking about.

You never throw a ball around for fun with dogs, or chase a circular disc, watch two guys beat the crap out of each other for entertainment, or visit a beautiful beach for the scenery?

It’s the same idea except I can sit my grown manly ass on a nice leather couch and feed my brain.

Video games are brain food.
I suppose we don’t all have the free time I do, however, and I concede that point, but if you’ve ever watched a movie and enjoyed it… you’ve just done the same thing as a video game.

Anyway thanks for the link.
Try gaming sometime grandpa, it’s a larger by dollar volume industry than movies and music, combined, so it’s clearly doing something right.
I’m sorry my point was unclear, I have no issue whatsoever youngen with gaming. I play almost every day from the comfort of my leather couch and have been for many, many years.

Like you I play to relax and keep my mind very active.

Have fun and get off my lawn!
Appreciate 1
DO4441408.50
      06-11-2023, 03:23 PM   #9
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
The age was not my point mate but ok.

I’m almost 60 and have been gaming since the Sega Megadrive and still play almost daily.
So what was your point, then?

Just saw your last post. I guess it doesn’t make me relax, which is why I don’t play anymore.
      06-11-2023, 04:03 PM   #10
DO444
Banned
Rep

I didn’t mean to start an argument.
It’s all in good fun!

Everyone be well.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2023, 04:17 PM   #11
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I didn’t mean to start an argument.
It’s all in good fun!

Everyone be well.
No argument as far as I’m concerned. Just a friendly discussion. Loved video games when I was playing them. Used to go to an all night arcade and play for hours, then go to my full time job in the morning.
      06-13-2023, 10:24 AM   #12
billnchristy
Major
Rep

Drives: 2022 M440xi GC

Garage List
Wife is playing it now, I think it's a little too much the same but at the same time I get it because it was nearly perfect before, so why screw it up?
Appreciate 1
DO4441408.50
      06-13-2023, 10:52 AM   #13
paimon.soror
Captain
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2016 F36 435x MSport

Garage List
I was playing it a bit, but then it just felt "not much different" than BotW. I was a massive fan of the SNES Link to the Past and Ocarina of Time, but never really caught onto the newer series.

Just got Diablo 4 though - man ... having a lot of fun with that one
DO4441408.50
      06-13-2023, 02:05 PM   #14
DO444
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by paimon.soror View Post
I was playing it a bit, but then it just felt "not much different" than BotW. I was a massive fan of the SNES Link to the Past and Ocarina of Time, but never really caught onto the newer series.

Just got Diablo 4 though - man ... having a lot of fun with that one
Yea can’t wait for that.
I got 3 other people to run that with and it’s going to be a blast.

Just gotta wrap up saving hyrule lol.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2023, 01:10 PM   #15
///d
Captain
United_States
Rep

Drives: F15 35d M Sport

Quote:
Anyone played this?

And Diablo 4 is waiting, and Baldur’s Gate 3 is coming, and Starfield is on the way…

I’m in video gaming Heaven.
I am so unbelievably ready for Starfield... I can't wait

My Diesel Information Thread | My Wheels, Tires, and Fitment Thread | My Teardrop Camper Build | My F15 Suspension Lift Thread
Appreciate 1
DO4441408.50
      06-16-2023, 04:14 PM   #16
DO444
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///d View Post
I am so unbelievably ready for Starfield... I can't wait
Same.
It better be friggin good.
No F76 crap.

The last of us 2 was such a gut punch that nothing is sacred anymore. Very likely I will never buy another Naughty Dog game again after that shit.

Played ten minutes, turned it off and never looked back.

Neil Druckmann is a horse’s ass.
Hope he chokes to death on Abby’s cock in the next “game” (political statement) he pukes up on everyone.

I have a small amount of fear that Bethesda could pull a Naughty Dog, but so far they’ve been reliable with only F76 a one off mess.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2023, 07:21 PM   #17
nerdogray
Captain
Rep

Drives: 2023 M5 Competition

I've been enjoying Cyberpunk 2077. I'm very late to the party, but so far it's the only title I've played that actually uses the 4090 without me having to resort to mods and/or paying someone on Patreon. I was really interested in some of that hyper-realism on games like GTAV, but that whole scene is a mess with so many hoops through which to jump. It's pretty rare a full-on game grabs my attention nowadays, but I can't say I'll pick up a Switch just for one game (there was a time I'd totally do it, though.. like Pitfall II on Atari 2600). I play a lot of idlers. System Shock remake (demo) was pretty cool. I can't remember very much at all of the original, which makes it practically a new game. I've got it on wishlist for when it goes on sale. I wasn't going to even look at Diablo IV.. sounds like I should. Though I will say I did not enjoy D2 or D3 nearly as much as the first. I think a lot of that has to do where I was in life at those times, though.

Starfield is on my wishlist, as well.

Last edited by nerdogray; 06-16-2023 at 07:29 PM..
Appreciate 1
DO4441408.50
      06-16-2023, 07:58 PM   #18
DO444
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdogray View Post
I've been enjoying Cyberpunk 2077. I'm very late to the party, but so far it's the only title I've played that actually uses the 4090 without me having to resort to mods and/or paying someone on Patreon. I was really interested in some of that hyper-realism on games like GTAV, but that whole scene is a mess with so many hoops through which to jump. It's pretty rare a full-on game grabs my attention nowadays, but I can't say I'll pick up a Switch just for one game (there was a time I'd totally do it, though.. like Pitfall II on Atari 2600). I play a lot of idlers. System Shock remake (demo) was pretty cool. I can't remember very much at all of the original, which makes it practically a new game. I've got it on wishlist for when it goes on sale. I wasn't going to even look at Diablo IV.. sounds like I should. Though I will say I did not enjoy D2 or D3 nearly as much as the first. I think a lot of that has to do where I was in life at those times, though.

Starfield is on my wishlist, as well.
If you didn’t like 3 I wouldn’t bother with 4.
I get a lot of what you are saying.

I ended up moving away from games like CoD towards games like FFXIV, because I have others to play with who don’t / can’t compete in twitch shooters, but also because CoD got super boring… it was an endless game of cat and mouse, or more simply “tag your it.”

I was getting 32 run kill streaks without a death and it was certainly a high, but it was not without cost. As I got older it was just too much adrenaline.

RPG’s, or life sims with fantasy or otherworldly stories are really where it’s at for me now. These aren’t games anymore, they are practically fully fledged worlds you inhabit for a month or more.

I love Bloodborne to death and to a bit lesser extent, Dark Souls / Elden Ring… but I am somewhat souring on them because they are becoming CoD like. I don’t enjoy being constantly forced into interactions with other gamers, it feels like a form of kidnapping and I don’t mind fighting them from time to time… but the constant invasions wears me down when I just want to do the fucking story and fart around in the lands between. Just leave me the fuck alone, is how I feel a lot in elden ring. I want to appreciate the game and these mofo just won’t stop bothering me.

I can run a gank squad in Elden Ring, but it’s just boring. I get nothing out of it. I don’t enjoy PvP anymore. If a game has no story, I’m out.

Diablo iv is a time wasting loot grinder, but it’s fun to run it with some friends and get new shiny stuff every 20min or so lol. It is not a masterpiece but it is fun.

Baldur’s Gate 3 is possibly going to be the best game this year, it’s just too much fun to play those Divinity type games, and my favorite is actually the first Divinity: OS, because it was lighthearted and silly.

Perfect game to waste away a week or a month from time to time with the kids. I’m hopeful BG3 is more lighthearted than Divinity 2, which was just too sad and serious (literally everything everywhere was dying or hurt, no laughing or silliness, it depressed me).

The world already is a shithole, if you look at it. I want games to take me away from that, not make me even more depressed about the state of affairs.

To that end, Zelda is perfect.
It has combat that is amazing, as deep as you want it to be without sacrificing quick and smooth gameplay, a nice RPG like crafting/upgrade system, a cool story, EXCELLENT animations and character control (the Japanese are the best at this bar none), and finally a Skyrim-like open world with TONS to explore.

Most fun Zelda game ever for me, with possibly “a link to the past” as the exception to that, but I was a kid then and nothing is ever as fun as when you are young.

Hell, drinking a cold soda was such a joy.
Now it’s just, “this is diabetes.”

First time I got pussy was like… earth shattering. I felt like a king. Now it’s just, eh. Everything was great as kid, wasn’t it?

The secret to my life appears to be trying the best I can to find pieces of happiness in a world of factual misery. I see misery everywhere except my family. Video games are great because I can stay home, suspend disbelief for awhile (in the good ones), and forget that I am just another slowly dying mutant human on a sick planet in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by people I despise who would likely kill me if they could.

Dark Souls really was poignant with the “life is a curse” thing. It’s the Ying/Yang as I understand it I guess… the can’t live with it, can’t live without it… meandering through each day trying to find a smile here and there.
What the fuck am I talking about.
Shit.

If starfield is any good, it will be a near religious experience for me. I’ve come to appreciate the fake relationships of video game NPC’s more than real ones and Bethesda provides in spades for that.

How fucking pathetic is that?
Very.

Oh well.
I guess this all actually could be framed differently, but I’m in a shitty mood and with me, the world and everything in it moves with my disposition.

Right now, everything sucks ha ha.

Well, everything except Zelda.
She’s a princess and I am her shining knight!
I’m off to hyrule.

I apologize for writing this epic waste of words. Someday I will be punished severely for this transgression, along with all my other sins.
Appreciate 1
Joachim328.00
      06-26-2023, 07:16 AM   #19
wtwo3
Major General
Rep

Drives: 23 X7 40i; 23 M3; 24 cooper s

Garage List
I'm excited to play it. Unfortunately I have so little time to playa video games anymore that I have to be very intentional in when I'm able to play (and it usually means losing out on precious little sleep to be able to play). But I've got a growing list of games I need to play still and the latest Zelda is near the top.

'20 BMW m340i... '20 BMW X5 40i... '16 Infiniti Q50 RS 400... '10 Lexus RX 350... '08 Lexus IS 350... '00 Nissan Maxima... '93 Nissan Maxima
Appreciate 1
DO4441408.50
      06-26-2023, 05:57 PM   #20
DO444
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtwo3 View Post
I'm excited to play it. Unfortunately I have so little time to playa video games anymore that I have to be very intentional in when I'm able to play (and it usually means losing out on precious little sleep to be able to play). But I've got a growing list of games I need to play still and the latest Zelda is near the top.
Been there.
Fortunately I’m in a different spot now where I don’t have to sacrifice sleep.

The games will wait, you’re not missing that much. Sleep is more important.

We are always trading one thing for another though, in this world. I need to get my ass of this couch and get back into a gym.

Just seen that RFK Jr is ripped af for a 69yr old dude and he’s inspiring me. I don’t want to waste my whole life playing video games, as fun as they are sometimes.

It’s all a trade off, one way or the other.
If I were you, I’d pick sleep.
Appreciate 1
wtwo317966.50
      06-26-2023, 06:31 PM   #21
B58-M340iX
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2021 M340i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
The last of us 2 was such a gut punch that nothing is sacred anymore. Very likely I will never buy another Naughty Dog game again after that shit.

Played ten minutes, turned it off and never looked back.

Neil Druckmann is a horse’s ass.
Hope he chokes to death on Abby’s cock in the next “game” (political statement) he pukes up on everyone.
I thought TLOU Part 2 was amazing. Sure, the "thing/things" that happen in that game aren't maybe what you want, but it aligns with the types of things that can happen in that kind of world. It was an insanely well-done game IMO. I've played the shit out of both Part 1 (back on PS3, then remastered on PS4/Pro, now on PC for Part 1) and 2. Just like GoW:R, it left me saying just "wow" at the end with how awesome of an experience I got with the little amount of money spent ($70 or whatever).

For the person who complained about being a "grown man" and not playing video games, I'm sure you've never watched sports or done anything that resembles a "game" (board games, etc). Video games usually provide some of the best entertainment hours per dollar of any form of entertainment.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2023, 10:58 PM   #22
DO444
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by B58-M340iX View Post
I thought TLOU Part 2 was amazing. Sure, the "thing/things" that happen in that game aren't maybe what you want, but it aligns with the types of things that can happen in that kind of world. It was an insanely well-done game IMO. I've played the shit out of both Part 1 (back on PS3, then remastered on PS4/Pro, now on PC for Part 1) and 2. Just like GoW:R, it left me saying just "wow" at the end with how awesome of an experience I got with the little amount of money spent ($70 or whatever).

For the person who complained about being a "grown man" and not playing video games, I'm sure you've never watched sports or done anything that resembles a "game" (board games, etc). Video games usually provide some of the best entertainment hours per dollar of any form of entertainment.
TLOU was all about Joel and Ellie, and they killed Joel in 10min in a very uncharacteristic way. He was completely out of character and they just slaughtered him so they could push a team agenda game and be inclusive and woke.

Characters personalities had absolutely zero relationship to TLOU, and to do that to fans of TLOU was a huge FU.

Druckmann can suck a tranny and I’ll never buy a ND game again, the end.

Fuck them.
Appreciate 0