New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)

02-07-2024, 12:29 PM   #1
G30M
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: BMW M550i; Kia EV6 GT

DeVries sued (and lost) half of all his F1 earnings

Quote:
A Dutch company that invested in his career and provided a loan has won the lawsuit, requiring De Vries to repay the €250,000 loan and surrender half of his earnings from his brief stint with AlphaTauri in 2023, including salary, bonuses, and sponsorships.
The loan was granted by Investrand to support De Vries in competing in the 2018 F2 (then GP2) series, with the condition that if he reached F1, the company would claim 50% of his earnings at the highest level. If he didn't make it, the loan would be canceled, excluding his activities as a Mercedes test driver.
luckily (or not) he's no longer an F1 driver
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2024, 01:29 PM   #2
dfox
First Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: E88 135i 6MT

He raced in the Italian grand prix to replace Albon - making him an "F1 driver". He finished an unexpected 9th in that race, clearly earning him his spot for 2023 on the grid, even though he eventually was dropped.

Bummer for him, but I think the investment company is right here...
Appreciate 0