New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge

10-04-2022, 01:40 PM   #551
Captain Blood
Banned
United_States
Rep

Drives: Audi S3....don't judge me

Garage List
2016 Audi S3  [9.50]
2012 135  [6.83]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Blood View Post
If Dak comes back and plays like Dak from 2017, protecting the ball, they'll do great. But if he tries to be the superstar, and is not careful with the ball, I would rather go with Rush
It's more, if kellen sticks with this current gameplan, then the Cowboys will keep winning. Dak has great talent, but it's never a good gameplan to just go with "our qb will make something out of nothing." With rush, we are sticking with simple quick efficient routes that develop within a couple seconds, and an occasional deep route when defense start cheating up. When dak is in, kellen tends to go with more complex routes that take time to develop and our oline can't hold up for that long. He tries to get cute with his play calling instead of going with what works for most successful teams.
I think that would apply to most quarterbacks.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2022, 02:14 PM   #552
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep

Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Blood View Post
I think that would apply to most quarterbacks.
it does, just the inexperienced and bad OCs dont do it.

They get bailed out by their QBs being elite and being able to play hero ball. But even the best QBs, Mahomes, Rodgers, Brady, etc. , cant sustain that week in and week out.

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 1
      10-04-2022, 02:43 PM   #553
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep

Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcLellan View Post
Did anyone else watch football for 14 hours yesterday? I did. From the opening kick in London until the night game. Such a good day of football!
EPL started at 6, LaLiga had a game ended about 9 (Pacific)

SKOL!!!! Cousins isn't messing up too much, Cook looks solid and his holding onto the ball. D is typical in giving up a lot of yards.

I'm glad the crossbar in England is just a WEEEE bit wider than in NOLA
      10-04-2022, 03:24 PM   #554
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep

Drives: 14 Sahara/08 335xi/22 Maverick

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
EPL started at 6, LaLiga had a game ended about 9 (Pacific)

SKOL!!!! Cousins isn't messing up too much, Cook looks solid and his holding onto the ball. D is typical in giving up a lot of yards.

I'm glad the crossbar in England is just a WEEEE bit wider than in NOLA
If you wanna make coin, bet on the Vikings when they aren’t on Primetime. However, when they’re under the spotlight, bet that Cousins will have 3 picks and throw for under 200 yards.

Thank me now for later.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2022, 03:42 PM   #555
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30lolz View Post
If you wanna make coin, bet on the Vikings when they aren’t on Primetime. However, when they’re under the spotlight, bet that Cousins will have 3 picks and throw for under 200 yards.

Thank me now for later.
My only gambling is pure chance: football pools. On opening night Thursday my square came up twice, so I'm paid thru Monday nights, and my 1.5 squares for Superbowl. I still have $375 to collect from in-laws who went in for a 1/4 on one of the SB squares.
      10-04-2022, 03:46 PM   #556
JMcLellan
Major
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2024 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30lolz View Post

Thank me now for later.
Thankfully the only other prime time Vikes game this year is Thanksgiving evening at home against New England. There is so much debate here locally about Cousins with I think most people wanting to move on to someone else. But what is the next best option that is going to equal more wins?? One thing that could be better is just spending less money on a QB and build more of a supporting cast, but again, what are those cheaper options? The Vikes know exactly what they have with Cousins and can work with it so I'm on the side of the argument of keeping him until a better option is available.
lakefront560.50
      10-04-2022, 04:42 PM   #557
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcLellan View Post
Thankfully the only other prime time Vikes game this year is Thanksgiving evening at home against New England. There is so much debate here locally about Cousins with I think most people wanting to move on to someone else. But what is the next best option that is going to equal more wins?? One thing that could be better is just spending less money on a QB and build more of a supporting cast, but again, what are those cheaper options? The Vikes know exactly what they have with Cousins and can work with it so I'm on the side of the argument of keeping him until a better option is available.
Thats my take on Cousins as well.

Is he an elite qb? no. Is he above average? yes. Are there better options available? no, unless you get lucky in the draft. But every year there are maybe 1-2 QBs that show the potential to be a Kirk Cousins type guy, and a handful of others that are worse. So you either stick it out with Kirk and hope the team gets hot at the right time, or drafts other positions well and hopefully build a contender, or you become the Browns/Jets/Jags/Commanders/Texans/Panthers/etc and are constantly wasting a good roster with below average qb play.

Appreciate 0
      10-04-2022, 05:10 PM   #558
M3WC
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: BMW

Enjoyed Ramsey tackling the ground instead of Deebo. Talks so much sh*t and gets wrecked.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2022, 09:09 AM   #559
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thats my take on Cousins as well.

Is he an elite qb? no. Is he above average? yes. Are there better options available? no, unless you get lucky in the draft. But every year there are maybe 1-2 QBs that show the potential to be a Kirk Cousins type guy, and a handful of others that are worse. So you either stick it out with Kirk and hope the team gets hot at the right time, or drafts other positions well and hopefully build a contender, or you become the Browns/Jets/Jags/Commanders/Texans/Panthers/etc and are constantly wasting a good roster with below average qb play.
A few more SOLID OL players, and Cousins has the potential to at least get past the Wild Card. He has access to some weapons, and when he has time will hit them.

Spend a little more on the opposite side of the ball! Cousins wouldn't need to put up 30+/game if the D kept the other team below 20.

SKOL!!!
      10-05-2022, 12:18 PM   #560
Torgus
Slow.
United_States
Rep

Drives: Single Turbo N54 on Meth!

Garage List
2007 BMW E92  [10.00]
2007 BMW E90  [0.00]
2006 BMW E91  [0.00]

Pats ranked WAY too high.

Buccs a lil low

Appreciate 0
      10-05-2022, 04:38 PM   #561
eliphil
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: M550I

There was a question about trading away Barkley from the Gmen because of his age and injury history. I understand the logic but when you watch him play the way he is it makes it an agonizing decision. The team is low on real talent and speed which he has plenty of...............
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2022, 06:54 PM   #562
EDWYER
Yoda of mods
Rep

Drives: X5 RWD

Garage List
2015 X5 RWD  [0.00]
2016 BMW M2  [10.00]
"hopefully build a contender, or you become the Browns/Jets/Jags/Commanders/Texans/Panthers/etc and are constantly wasting a good roster with below average qb play"

LMAO! until mediocre DAK wins more than his 1 playoff game he's in the same boat. 1-3 is pathetic
YT: https://www.youtube.com/@DWYERGARAGE/videos
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2022, 12:40 PM   #563
TheWatchGuy
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDWYER View Post
"hopefully build a contender, or you become the Browns/Jets/Jags/Commanders/Texans/Panthers/etc and are constantly wasting a good roster with below average qb play"

LMAO! until mediocre DAK wins more than his 1 playoff game he's in the same boat. 1-3 is pathetic
which of those losses was on him?

the green bay one where he had over 300yds 3tds and the defense couldnt stop rodgers with just 30 seconds left to drive down the field?

the rams one where the defense allowed over 250yds rushing while dak had 0 turnovers?

or the 9ers one where the defense yet again shit themselves late in the game and extended the 9ers drives with several penalties on 3rd down stops?

i get its the cool thing to shit on dak, but the only game you could even attempt to make a case the loss was his fault, would be the 9ers. but then the 9ers went to Lambeau and made rodgers look bad as well the next week.

Dak has 1100yds 9tds 3turnovers in the 4 playoff games. Name a QB on any of those teams that has been even half as good in the playoffs.

Appreciate 0
      10-06-2022, 03:17 PM   #564
lakefront
Captain
Rep

Drives: 2017 Macan GTS

Quote:
which of those losses was on him?

the green bay one where he had over 300yds 3tds and the defense couldnt stop rodgers with just 30 seconds left to drive down the field?

the rams one where the defense allowed over 250yds rushing while dak had 0 turnovers?

or the 9ers one where the defense yet again shit themselves late in the game and extended the 9ers drives with several penalties on 3rd down stops?

i get its the cool thing to shit on dak, but the only game you could even attempt to make a case the loss was his fault, would be the 9ers. but then the 9ers went to Lambeau and made rodgers look bad as well the next week.

Dak has 1100yds 9tds 3turnovers in the 4 playoff games. Name a QB on any of those teams that has been even half as good in the playoffs.
This is what happens when the QB gets all the credit and all the blame for the TEAM'S performance. I know the media loves to present NFL games as "QB #1 vs QB #2" but did Josh Allen lose that playoff game to Mahomes last year? So many times the defense gives up the winning drive to the other team but its spun as the QB lost the game. As a Packer fan, been through this constantly from Favre and Rodgers. The TEAM wins and loses, not just the QB.
Appreciate 1
JMcLellan1944.00
      10-06-2022, 05:19 PM   #565
EDWYER
Yoda of mods
Rep

Drives: X5 RWD

Garage List
2015 X5 RWD  [0.00]
2016 BMW M2  [10.00]
Spin it all you want. Enjoy that 1-3 playoff record Dak. LOL
YT: https://www.youtube.com/@DWYERGARAGE/videos
Appreciate 0
      10-06-2022, 11:26 PM   #566
M3WC
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: BMW

Seattle sold Denver a lemon.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2022, 05:53 AM   #567
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgus View Post

Pats ranked WAY too high.

Buccs a lil low

Brady doesn’t look like he’s having fun, especially with the pending divorce/separation of whatever. Unless the Bucs turn things around, they’re done and when Brady retires (again), they’ll be back to the Tampa Bay Suckaneers.

Giants a good team lol. If they beat the Cheese in London, maybe they’ll excite me but they have no WR’s, still haven’t solved the OL, horrible secondary, even if they got Landon Collins back as he’s more of a hybrid now. The only bright spots on the team is Barkley, Daniel Jones running with the ball but the most important one is the front office/head coach as it seems that they got it right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDWYER View Post
Spin it all you want. Enjoy that 1-3 playoff record Dak. LOL
Don’t disturb the Cowboy fans groove. Let them think that Dak will lead them to the Super Bowl. I’m still gonna bank that the last 25 years will keep repeating itself year after year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3WC View Post
Seattle sold Denver a lemon.
Seattle looks like the winner here as Geno Smith is having a career year and the fact that Denver gave Russ that huge contract extension is baffling. Let Russ Cook should now be Let Russ Marinate.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2022, 01:15 PM   #568
No Boost
enthusiasm > practicality
United_States
Rep

Drives: 987 CS | G35x

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torgus View Post

The pic of Ben Simmons is gold. Dude is a complete Nancy.
Appreciate 1
Torgus3779.00
      10-09-2022, 08:59 AM   #569
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep

Garage List
Giants have absolutely no passing attack. In Schoen/Daboll I trust in them finding a QB in the draft.
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2022, 11:32 AM   #570
No Boost
enthusiasm > practicality
United_States
Rep

Drives: 987 CS | G35x

Garage List
So are the Packers fraudulent or are the G men really this good?
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2022, 11:33 AM   #571
lakefront
Captain
Rep

Drives: 2017 Macan GTS

Turns out Giants DO have a passing attack. Credit to them, but that was an embarassing performance by a supposedly good Packers D. Giants staff completely outcoached the Packers staff. Time to dump the GB defensive coordinator.
Appreciate 1
vreihen1614885.00
      10-09-2022, 11:38 AM   #572
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Boost View Post
So are the Packers fraudulent or are the G men really this good?
Fraudulent with no players (save Barkley) and what looks to be a solid coaching staff. This team reminds me of the 93 Giants when Dan Reeves won coach of the year (Daboll is on track) only to get smacked by the 49’ers 44-3 in the playoffs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakefront View Post
Turns out Giants DO have a passing attack. Credit to them, but that was an embarassing performance by a supposedly good Packers D. Giants staff completely outcoached the Packers staff. Time to dump the GB defensive coordinator.
Rogers at least did put on a show for the ‘home crowd’.
Appreciate 0