New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)

06-15-2010, 01:49 PM   #89
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep

Drives: M6

10k Euros is a small price for McLaren to pay considering their strategy got them a win and put Hamilton in the WDC points lead.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2010, 02:30 PM   #90
KANdaddy
Colonel
Rep

Drives: 22 M3C XDrive-Ind Grey Blk

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
Who is making up excuses or denying that he ran a great race? Geez... you Hamilton fans are a sensitive bunch...
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM View Post

Hamilton fans need to calm down....I was just relaying news and what happened on the track....what was the potential reason behind it (as I heard from BBC)....not denying his great race....just saying how Formula 1 is all about weight and calculated to the last drop of fuel...nothing is wasted....
Yep. LH fans on this board are a bunch of crying bitches just like LH himself....minus any measure of driving skill that LH has of course.
      06-15-2010, 03:20 PM   #91
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FStop7 View Post
10k Euros is a small price for McLaren to pay considering their strategy got them a win and put Hamilton in the WDC points lead.
exactly...however they can't pull that trick again....
      06-15-2010, 04:37 PM   #92
trsbmw
deft danish devil
United_States
Rep

Drives: BSM E86 M-Cp, LMB 335d M-Sport

Garage List
2007 Z4 M Coupe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by elp_jc View Post
I'm with you. He should have stayed retired, when he got out on top. I think he's done. There're several drivers better than him (even in his best days IMO), including his young teammate (ouch!). But most importantly, his car is not dominating anymore, so that huge advantage he had for 7 seasons is gone now.

I don't think so; he wouldn't look like that . Plus the guy seems gay; looks too girly to me .
Why am I not surprised you are in Texas..
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2010, 06:45 PM   #93
Ramos
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: G20 2020 M340

Quote:
Originally Posted by trsbmw View Post
Exactly.... I think unfortunately there are homophobic as well as racial comments on this site... I think I know the real reason why some people on here hate Hamilton so much... I am pretty sure they hate Tiger Woods for exactly the same reason... Very lame and sad
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2010, 07:18 PM   #94
G-Mach1
Captain
Canada
Rep

Drives: F34 - 2014 335 xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramos View Post
Exactly.... I think unfortunately there are homophobic as well as racial comments on this site... I think I know the real reason why some people on here hate Hamilton so much... I am pretty sure they hate Tiger Woods for exactly the same reason... Very lame and sad
I agree. I don't even want to come to this section because it is so neagative. This is definitely a biased section of the forum.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2010, 08:14 PM   #95
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: MP4

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM View Post
Cheeky move by McLaren by running Lewis car down to dead empty fuel....but well paid off....good "investment" to McLaren....
Paid 10K Euro fine to get on pole and a race 1-2.....money well spent!

Montreal just proved Bahrain GP is shit and needs to be removed from calender....
and 2010 doesn't need Safety Car or Rain to have an awesome race....we just need the event to be held in a proper track like Montreal.....
I agree with you, however I would like to add that the rough condition for the tires also made this race. All throughout the race they were talking about how rough the track was on their tires. We were seeing 3 pitstop strategies and driver's tires were wearing out left and right varying their laptimes greatly. All that pitting and time deviation due to tire wear absolutely added the missing dimension to keep things interesting that was taken away from the refueling ban. I dread to see how this race would have been in the normal 1 stop conditions. (Though the track design itself may have been cause for all that tire wear.)

I still want to see every race have at least 3 pit stops per driver. It will only increase the complexity and interest of the strategies and keep everyone on their toes because every time one of the leaders pits, it shakes the whole order of the track up.
      06-15-2010, 08:27 PM   #96
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by trsbmw View Post
I'm from Texas, I don't think he is gay. Rather he is my favorite driver. Does your comment mean I should be offended now because you think Texas poeple are bigots?

I don't really care what poeple on this board feel or think one way or the other. I enjoy discussing certain aspects of F1 in this particular section. The rest, I use mostly for news or laughs. Certainly by now we all should know that the internet is serious business.

Now stop attacking each other, stop calling Hamilton fans bitches (1 guy said something and then 3 poeple start bashing all LH fans, wtf?), and talk about things of substance. Or take it to OT.
      06-15-2010, 08:28 PM   #97
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep

In before someone doesn't read all of my post, or most of this thread and decides to be smart.
      06-15-2010, 08:36 PM   #98
KANdaddy
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I love Tiger Woods

My dislike of LH is purely attitude. If he grew up a little and didn't act so spoiled I might actually begin rooting for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Mach1 View Post
I agree. I don't even want to come to this section because it is so neagative. This is definitely a biased section of the forum.
You, my little friend, are so off-base. I actually feel this section of the forum is very even keeled. There are a lot of fans of all the drivers here and most are vocal and fair with their opinions. You are just butt hurt b/c you and Ramos seem to be the only consistent LH fans. That and you are so biased its not even funny. When LH wins you're saying how great he is and "the goledn boy" "eat your hearts out"...blah, blah...referring to anyone that doesn't agree as "hater". When he falls short there is always some excuse you come up with. Really its a joke reading your posts. Sorry the rest of us have opinions of our own and haven't jumped on the LH bandwagon. :tool:
      06-15-2010, 09:24 PM   #99
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateBMW View Post
I agree with you, however I would like to add that the rough condition for the tires also made this race. All throughout the race they were talking about how rough the track was on their tires. We were seeing 3 pitstop strategies and driver's tires were wearing out left and right varying their laptimes greatly. All that pitting and time deviation due to tire wear absolutely added the missing dimension to keep things interesting that was taken away from the refueling ban. I dread to see how this race would have been in the normal 1 stop conditions. (Though the track design itself may have been cause for all that tire wear.)

I still want to see every race have at least 3 pit stops per driver. It will only increase the complexity and interest of the strategies and keep everyone on their toes because every time one of the leaders pits, it shakes the whole order of the track up.
In addition to the track design, the lack of action for almost two years plus the heavy rain storm over night wash away the rubbers teams had lay down during Friday practice and Saturday.....so the track is bare asphalt with tire contact....and causing excessive degradation compare to regular tracks with many supporting races and usage during off F1 weekends....

absolutely spot on strategy and reaction when the race pans out for the McLaren....
      06-15-2010, 10:26 PM   #100
trsbmw
deft danish devil
United_States
Rep

Drives: BSM E86 M-Cp, LMB 335d M-Sport

Garage List
2007 Z4 M Coupe  [0.00]
[QUOTE=UltimateBMW;7505308]I'm from Texas, I don't think he is gay. Rather he is my favorite driver. Does your comment mean I should be offended now because you think Texas poeple are bigots?

I don't really care what poeple on this board feel or think one way or the other. I enjoy discussing certain aspects of F1 in this particular section. The rest, I use mostly for news or laughs. Certainly by now we all should know that the internet is serious business.[QUOTE=UltimateBMW;7505308]

I don't care that you are from Texas and don't think he is gay. I am just not surprised that the ignorant bigot who thinks LH is gay, and "too girly" for him (which begs the question, how girly is too girly) is from texas... I know that ignorant bigots practically exist in every county, state, country, and did not mean to offend any cool texans, but I am still not surprised that the guy is from Texas...
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2010, 06:59 AM   #101
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep

Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Jesus H... really? We seriously can't poke fun at a driver without having the race card played or being labeled as homophobic? Nobody has mentioned ANYTHING about race and we're obviously only joking about him being gay. I also love Tiger Woods and when it was between LH and Massa I was certainly chearing for LH but his attitude has changed significantly which made me turn sour on him. He's not your brother... you're just fans, the same as me, so just relax and stop taking this harmless ribbing as anything more than that.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2010, 10:07 AM   #102
G-Mach1
Captain
Canada
Rep

Drives: F34 - 2014 335 xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by KANdaddy View Post
I love Tiger Woods

My dislike of LH is purely attitude. If he grew up a little and didn't act so spoiled I might actually begin rooting for him.

You, my little friend, are so off-base. I actually feel this section of the forum is very even keeled. There are a lot of fans of all the drivers here and most are vocal and fair with their opinions. You are just butt hurt b/c you and Ramos seem to be the only consistent LH fans. That and you are so biased its not even funny. When LH wins you're saying how great he is and "the goledn boy" "eat your hearts out"...blah, blah...referring to anyone that doesn't agree as "hater". When he falls short there is always some excuse you come up with. Really its a joke reading your posts. Sorry the rest of us have opinions of our own and haven't jumped on the LH bandwagon. :tool:

Such a class act.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2010, 10:43 AM   #103
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by KANdaddy View Post
I love Tiger Woods

Then the LH defenders will come out and say something like...back then Ayrton Senna has an attiture...but now he is recognized as the BEST driver in the world..."

fun...let the fight begin!!!
      06-16-2010, 11:03 AM   #104
KANdaddy
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
Jesus H... really? We seriously can't poke fun at a driver without having the race card played or being labeled as homophobic? Nobody has mentioned ANYTHING about race and we're obviously only joking about him being gay. I also love Tiger Woods and when it was between LH and Massa I was certainly chearing for LH but his attitude has changed significantly which made me turn sour on him. He's not your brother... you're just fans, the same as me, so just relax and stop taking this harmless ribbing as anything more than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Mach1 View Post

Such a class act.
Thanks for stating the obvious.
      06-17-2010, 09:23 AM   #105
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Ferrari boss has another go at newbies

The Ferrari boss blame Alonso's loss to the backmarkers....
When did the Scuderia starting to blame others when they can't win....sad....

Quote:
Ferrari President Luca di Montezemolo has had yet another rant at Formula One's newcomers after Fernando Alonso was held up by a backmarker last Sunday.

Vying for the victory in Canada, Alonso found himself with some clean ahead and put in a fantastic quick lap, however, the following lap the Spaniard was also two seconds slower after he encountered one of the newcomers.

Adding to his misery, the double World Champion later lost second place to Jenson Button when he misjudged his speed while trying to lap a backmarker. Instead, he was overtaken by Button.

"Cars who perform at GP2-level should not be allowed to participate in F1 races because they are supposed to race on Sunday mornings," di Montezemolo ranted to the Gazzetta dello Sport.

"Our car's race pace was good enough for victory. Let's hope that, in the future, there won't be mistakes in pushing a button nor in lapping cars that put us at a disadvantage, because we've already gone though that."
http://planet-f1.com/news/3213/62109...-go-at-newbies
      06-17-2010, 10:12 AM   #106
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep

Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Sounds like sour grapes to me...

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2010, 10:18 AM   #107
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
For some reason Ferrari has been falling off pace mystically....after the first win in Bahrain....its like their development isn't quick enough compare to the RBRs and McLaren....
      06-17-2010, 10:35 AM   #108
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep

Drives: M6

I don't remember Luca M flapping his pie hole so much back when Jean Todt ran Ferrari F1. I'm starting to think Domenicalli is weak.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2010, 04:21 PM   #109
Ramos
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: G20 2020 M340

Domica who?? Ooh you mean that puppet that sits on the pit wall and whose sole job is to look pretty and pretend to be busy? Of course he's weak.. that's the whole point... Luca wants to run the show
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2010, 06:13 PM   #110
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Domica who?? Ooh you mean that puppet that sits on the pit wall and whose sole job is to look pretty and pretend to be busy? Of course he's weak.. that's the whole point... Luca wants to run the show
The problem about Team Principal now is that they are all too soft and nice to each other....Its a good thing that FOTA unite together to achieve a goal...watever that is....

But back in the days when Ron Dennis, Jean Todt, Flavio Briatore....etc etc was running the show....they get things done....not some puppets from the corporations.....

Stefano Dominicali was too nice and soft...Martin Witmarsh was always "politically correct"....and Christian Horner...he knows how to jump into a pool with a superman outfit....