New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Photography/Videography

08-06-2007, 08:16 AM   #1
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

Drives: a few BMWs

where and how to sell your photos?

So how does selling your photos work? Do you make nice large prints and frame them and just take them to different places with a price and offer them? Or put them on a disc? How much do you set your prices for? And how bout copyrighting?

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2007, 04:08 PM   #2
bartman32
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: F87 M2

Garage List
2017 M2  [0.00]
Hey Boost-
I tried selling some of mine. Check out my site www.PureEmotionPhoto.com
I took them to a lot of fairs and so forth. Never really made much money because of the cost of inventory especially with framed pieces. If I had it to do over again I'd probably frame less and just put them in matts. Do a lot of 8X10's and 11x14's and cards. People like to buy cards a LOT!

Never did put mine on disk. If they want an image I'd rather than pay for each print.

Most art galleries are out because they want 50% of selling price which will probably make your pricing just too high. Copywriting is tricky because anyone could say that they took the same pic. However I have heard of cases where someone won a copyright infringment. You don't need to register your pic or anything they are your images just do things to protect them. Notice my logo over my pics on my site. Of course the real question about copyright is do you have the money to go after someone if they do actually steal the image. Most people are above that anyway.

As for pricing. I was selling greeting cards for $3 or $5 for 2
8X10's for $29.99 unframed
11X14's $89.99 framed (Should have done more unframed work here)
16x20's $199.99 framed
25X36 $349.99 framed.

My "painted" images were more because they were/are on canvas not on paper.

I priced basically 2X cost or near what other people at the shows were charging.

If you want more info I'd be happy to help!

Good luck!
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2007, 07:13 PM   #3
Neema
Major General
United_States
Rep

Drives: a few BMWs

Thanks alot bartman! I deff have to talk to you about this more......but at the moment I really only have like 3 photos that might be good enough to print and try and sell. Im going to PM you my number and talk some more about this, thanks again man

LTMW Widebody+1M front bumper+Slek CF Lip|M3 Hood|StopTech BBK|M-Sport Rear Bumper+DD CF Diffuser|Custom Recaro Seats|KW V2|BavX LS3|M3 Side Skirts+Custom CF Lip|BBS CHR 19x10.5+BBS Lugs|LCI Taillights|RD Sport Anti-Sway Bars|GIAC S2|ER Intercooler+CF Shroud+Charge Pipe|Tial BOV|Injen Intake|MS downpipes|Custom Exhaust|BMS Oil Catch Can|M3 DCT wheel+TiD CF Paddles|BMW CF Trunk Spoiler|Aluminum Pedals
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2007, 12:14 PM   #4
bartman32
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: F87 M2

Garage List
2017 M2  [0.00]
No prob but didn't get PM.
Appreciate 0