New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

01-05-2011, 01:11 PM   #23
NYC6
Banned
United_States
Rep

Drives: '10 135i PPKI/06 C6 Z51 Vette

Honda? They're not bad, make a hell of a lawnmower.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2011, 01:13 PM   #24
MarkR171
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: '19 M2C | '20 100AE ND2

Garage List
2019 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by myke354 View Post
but lets all be honest here, for the amount of a 1er u can build urself a very very fast honda and not have any of the issues that people have now.. plus the resale is much better.. and if u think that a 400whp civic cant be used at anything other then a drag strip u my friend are sadly mistaken .. and please dont say bmw is a better drivers car when most of it is ll controlled my a damn computer.
Speed in a straight line isn't everything. The 1er will be 10x more comfortable, 10x nicer interior, better features, handle better, etc. Resale better on a highly modified honda? You're crazy. Mods don't add to resale value. You can get 400whp from a civic... with 95 wheel torque.

That e30 will be nose heavy, but I guarantee you it will drive around a track better than a FWD civic with nearly 400hp. Look at the tires that Civic needed to put the power down from a dig. You can't say the e30 is only good from a roll while arguing for a civic that has drag tires.

Modern hondas are controlled by just as many computers as modern BMWs. Arguing that Hondas are superior because BMWs use "computers" to control the car is just plain stupid. Every manufacture has traction control in their cars now. Do people use it? I personally don't. I daily drive and autocross in TIM YOYO mode (That's It M****f***er You're On Your Own,) DSC all off.

Looks to me like you're just a Honda Fanboy. Nothing against Hondas, but they really aren't superior to anybody. They have made some quality cars in the past, and still do. It's just a matter of opinion that some of us wouldn't even consider the boring cars they make now. Would I buy a used Honda? Possibly yes. An early S2k would make a fun 2nd car.

The only "drivers cars" that Honda ever made were the CTR, ITR, S2K, and NSX. None of which are being built today.
      01-05-2011, 01:53 PM   #25
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep

Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
The only current Hondas with any soul are those with 2 wheels...

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2011, 02:03 PM   #26
Cdnrockies
Banned
Canada
Rep

Drives: BMW's

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post
Does anyone else see a resemblance between the two statements? Obvious double standard by OP. Any credibility = out the window.

This has to be one of the dumbest, most bias and generalization-filled posts I have read in a very long time. Saying all BMW owners hate Hondas is like saying all Honda owners are riceburners and douchebags who use Folgers cans as mufflers, don't have car insurance, and have fat/pregnant girlfriends. This guy sounds like a pissed off teenager who had his car taken away by mommy and needs a place to pout and complain. OP, you are a useless troll who's trying to pick a fight that no one wants to waste their time with.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2011, 02:09 PM   #27
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Damn good troll job OP. I couldn't sound more ignorant even if I tried.

There's no Honda vs BMW. They're completely different marques catering to entirely different demographics. I grew up with a Civic EX Coupe. Thing was a piece of shit, but I loved it nonetheless. Current-gen Hondas are boring and mainstream. They're not bad, but they bear nothing in resemblance to the passionate cars built back in the '90s.

Even if they're a good performance bargain, they sound like shit and feature few creature comforts. They're not smooth, both in terms of ride and engine coarseness, and their styling is either bland in stock form, or too JDM in terms of aftermarket selection imo.

Basically, go fuck yourself and leave people to their tastes and opinions.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2011, 02:10 PM   #28
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Quote:
Originally Posted by TK-421 View Post
Does anyone else see a resemblance between the two statements? Obvious double standard by OP. Any credibility = out the window.

This has to be one of the dumbest, most bias and generalization-filled posts I have read in a very long time. Saying all BMW owners hate Hondas is like saying all Honda owners are riceburners and douchebags who use Folgers cans as mufflers, don't have car insurance, and have fat/pregnant girlfriends. This guy sounds like a pissed off teenager who had his car taken away by mommy and needs a place to pout and complain. OP, you are a useless troll who's trying to pick a fight that no one wants to waste their time with.
My thoughts exactly.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2011, 02:16 PM   #29
esqu1re
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: M Coupe

I like Hondas of yesterday, especially their engines. They've sort of gone the way of BMWs though---bigger and more technology oriented----lost some of their soul and handling.

At least in the US, they had some of the more exciting FWD cars with peppy engines, decent handling, great reliability, and an interior that was decent for the price you paid.

Now, of course, you can't compare their driving excitement to a BMW, but if I needed a reliable and safe piece of transportation for a loved one who had no passion for cars, I couldn't really go too wrong with selecting a Honda product.

///M Coupe: RPI Scoop, OE Strut, CDV, Volk RE30, SS Brake Lines, Stromung Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2011, 02:23 PM   #30
mtla4
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep

Drives: Turbo Festiva

Ok I admit a lot of bmw owners thinks theyre cars are the shiznit. Btw as for Honda the old ones were the ones that I liked nowadays the only one that I would drive would be the Civic Si(Reminds me of my old DC5) Type S. Beside that no interest in them. Nissan makes way more exciting cars. You could a few years back bought a 6 speed manual v6 accord or a prelude now it's all econoboxes or the ugly facelifted 2011 accord with ridiculous lights on the trunk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severious View Post
Its because a lot of BMW owners are housewives or business professionals and know little about cars other than BMW's are a status symbol in their own circles so that have to have one. But exotic car owners know cars, that's why they are willing to spend for a killer car and they know something different when they see one.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2011, 03:23 PM   #31
NewYearsBoy
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: IS 300

Garage List
HAHAHHAHA.... I cant wait to get a HONDA... At least they get me where I have to go....

This is what I think of BMW....

The Car- Sucks
Service- Sucks
BMW NA- Sucks

"Speed never killed anyone its very important to get that straight, Speed has never killed a soul. Suddenly becoming stationary thats what gets people." - Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2011, 03:54 PM   #32
MarkR171
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoutnj89 View Post
This is what I think of BMW....

The Car- Sucks
Service- Sucks
BMW NA- Sucks
Having read some of your posts, I can't argue with you.... but what happened to you is not the norm. I love my car, the service from my dealership and BMW NA so far.
      01-05-2011, 04:41 PM   #33
Straight6r
Private
Rep

Drives: 2011 BMW 135I Msport

This thread was good for a few laughs. I could really care less about any other car maker that OTHER PEOPLE like, buy, drive, dream about choose to hate. Every car brand is good in their own way or they wouldn't be in business. Being a car person, I knew what I signed up for. Everyone has an opinion and everyone will stop at nothing to prove that their view of things is the correct one. I get told everyday even by people on this BMW FORUM what shit BMW is and so on and so on. Fact is I am able to make my own decision on what car or truck I choose to drive and I form my opinions based on my own experiences with said vehicles. There are a lot of car makers out there that I would never buy their products, however I would never attack someone who does. The problem is that too many people follow the leader and make decisions based off of what the so called experts say. This leads to massive amounts of a single vehicle being sold and causes the roads to be clogged with boring ass (BUT VERY RELIABLE) cars. I dare anyone of you guys to count how many Corollas and Camrys you see on the road in a 15 minute drive. It's staggering. The only relief from this nightmare of blandness is the occasional person you see drive by in his/her POS BMW that they never should have bought because they are all shit.

I bet though that this person is very happy with their bad purchase choice. I know I am.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2011, 05:31 PM   #34
NewYearsBoy
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: IS 300

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkR171 View Post
Having read some of your posts, I can't argue with you.... but what happened to you is not the norm. I love my car, the service from my dealership and BMW NA so far.
Ya.. I think it might be my dealer.. But unfortunately BMW drivers don't understand what is norm... I have had no problems with any other brand like BMW...

When u walk into service and their phones are ringing off the hook thats a sign; also a ton of driving mags have said that the reliability of BMWs are atrocious.

"Speed never killed anyone its very important to get that straight, Speed has never killed a soul. Suddenly becoming stationary thats what gets people." - Jeremy Clarkson
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2011, 05:34 PM   #35
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
United_States
Rep

Drives: E46 M3 | 1JZ S13

Quote:
Ya.. I think it might be my dealer.. But unfortunately BMW drivers don't understand what is norm... I have had no problems with any other brand like BMW...

When u walk into service and their phones are ringing off the hook thats a sign; also a ton of driving mags have said that the reliability of BMWs are atrocious.
I don't even know where to begin with this one.
      01-05-2011, 05:58 PM   #36
MarkR171
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Quote:

Yup, I hear that all the time. I don't know anyone personally who has had major problems with their BMWs or MBs... I do know my dad's dodge needed major engine work at 25k miles though.
      01-05-2011, 06:33 PM   #37
ScaredOnce
Very Important
United_States
Rep

Drives: 335xi (e92)

Garage List
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
The only current Hondas with any soul are those with 2 wheels...
Amen.

Honda cars? No thanks, I'd rather walk.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2011, 08:24 PM   #38
Scrubber
Private
Rep

Drives: 2010 335i Coupe (former)

Traded an 06 Civic Si for a 2010 335i. Civic was a blast to drive: revved to 8k, had 100hp/liter without a turbo, got 30 mpg on the highway, only came with a 6-speed, AND had a limited slip diff. All for $22,000 from the factory. Really was a phenomenal car for the price, and it sounded great too (in stock form). The intake was designed to produce a specific noise when under heavy acceleration and it sounded deep and throaty without being obnoxious.

With that said, the BMW blows it's doors off in every category (except reliability), which it should considering it cost twice as much. They truly are in different categories.

To the original poster: there is no Honda vs. BMW rivalry, you're just a troll.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2011, 08:25 PM   #39
Scrubber
Private
Rep

Drives: 2010 335i Coupe (former)

Oh, and I own Honda lawnmower too. It's great :-). I still believe Honda is the best small engine manufacturer in the world.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2011, 08:31 PM   #40
Swashplate
Major
United_States
Rep

Drives: in Anger.

Garage List
I hate Honda owners because they are Peasants.
!!! BOILER UP !!!
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2011, 08:32 PM   #41
MarkR171
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Garage List
2019 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBroker View Post
      01-05-2011, 08:45 PM   #42
nightkhan
Private Woodman
United_States
Rep

Drives: 328i, JB, Space Rocket

Quote:
Originally Posted by myke354 View Post
i just love how people who drive a bmw hate hondas so much.. its just very sad and shows just how much some bmw owners really know about cars.. sorry for the rant just pisses me off..

and oh for the clowns that are going to come here and talk about about hondas please make sure u have all ur facts right before u try to comments on how much honds suck..
and keep the ricer comments to urself as not all honda owners are ricers
Current: E92 328i, Sports Package, 335i wheels, Power Seats, BMW Assist/Bluetooth, IPod/USB, heated seats, //M Short Shifter
Future Mods: 19" CSL's, KW V2, 15mm spacer, tints
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2011, 09:37 PM   #43
Cdnrockies
Banned
Canada
Rep

Drives: BMW's

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBroker View Post
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2011, 10:16 PM   #44
Freakazoid
Captain
Rep

Drives: Saturn Redline

nice troll job OP, geezus just get outta here.

I agree with 99% of the posters here, nobody's hating on Honda, it's simply not a 'passion' brand anymore. Would it be awesome to see them get back to the yesteryears? definitely. Will they? time will tell.
Appreciate 0