New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

01-05-2011, 12:48 AM   #1
myke354
Enlisted Member
Rep

Drives: 09 135i

honda vs bmw...

i just love how people who drive a bmw hate hondas so much.. its just very sad and shows just how much some bmw owners really know about cars.. sorry for the rant just pisses me off..

and oh for the clowns that are going to come here and talk about about hondas please make sure u have all ur facts right before u try to comments on how much honds suck..
and keep the ricer comments to urself as not all honda owners are ricers
      01-05-2011, 12:57 AM   #2
Chenry135
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: former 2008 135i/ 2006 STI

I know a lot of people who hate Honda's and they don't drive BMW's. That being said I am guilty of being one of them. The S2K is a good car, it's just something I would never buy. The NSX however, is another story.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2011, 01:05 AM   #3
myke354
Enlisted Member
Rep

ok please explain y u would never own one other then a nsx witch is kind of a waste of money
      01-05-2011, 01:07 AM   #4
Sylon
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2011 135i, SG/CR, 6MT, M-Sport

Garage List
2011 135i  [9.20]
I dont mind Honda's at all. Im just not a big fan of the CR-Z, it just looks goofy. I never liked the CR-X either.

I would love to get my hands on an NSX, and I like the S2K's as well.

2011 BMW 135i | Space Gray | ///M-Sport | BMW CCA #450291
Facebook / Instagram / YouTube / Twitter
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2011, 01:12 AM   #5
BlackLemon
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Drives: 13-750i, 15-Hurc., 14 X5 50i

Both BMW and Honda are shit. Thats coming from a BMW owner (x5 50i)
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2011, 01:40 AM   #6
myke354
Enlisted Member
Rep

i wanted to post a vid just to show people what HONDAS can do at the track ..

this is a all motor 2.7L k24 motor..
the owner runs in a street class and makes 380whp ..
again this is all motor no nos or any kinds of boost..

01-05-2011, 01:42 AM   #7
Chenry135
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: former 2008 135i/ 2006 STI

Quote:
Originally Posted by myke354 View Post
ok please explain y u would never own one other then a nsx witch is kind of a waste of money
Because I simply either dont find them exciting or they arent good looking enough... But it's an opinion
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2011, 01:56 AM   #8
MarkR171
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: '19 M2C | '20 100AE ND2

Garage List
2019 BMW M2C  [0.00]
Quote:
i wanted to post a vid just to show people what HONDAS can do at the track ..

this is a all motor 2.7L k24 motor..
the owner runs in a street class and makes 380whp ..
again this is all motor no nos or any kinds of boost..

Nothing special about Hondas to do that. Any clown can build a modern motor with aftermarket parts to make that kind of power, stuff it into a lightweight shell, and go fast. That doesn't make Hondas good. Just because Hondas are a popular and affordable platform with TONS of aftermarket support, does not make them any better than BMW, etc.

That video you posted has nothing to do with Honda other than the fact that 2-3 parts on that car was on an original Honda.

Sure you can make a lot of power from these small 4 cylinder motors, what you posted is all they're good for. Going fast in a straight line. All that power to the front wheels would be a nightmare on a track.

I have nothing against Honda, personally. They used to make some quality sports cars. The DC2 Integra Type R, NSX, and S2000 comes to mind. Other than that, they built decent economy vehicles. Like many others, it's just my opinion that modern Hondas are ugly, boring, and not worth looking into. I think Honda and Toyota are the only two brands I didn't even bother looking at when shopping for my car (before deciding on the 135.) Lexus and Acura included for the same reasons. Ugly and boring.

They are just not a direct competitor to BMW.

Just for fun, here's an old school BMW with a modern motor

E30 with E60 M5 V10

Last edited by MarkR171; 01-05-2011 at 02:09 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2011, 03:22 AM   #9
michaelthepsycho
Lieutenant Colonel
Taiwan
Rep

Drives: 11 Montego Blue E90 335i Step

S2K FTW!!! Comfiest seats every. Too bad some of the interior they never bothered improving (idiotic digital tach). Right out the box, they're pretty damn good but are also a bit costly. Brand new, they used to run almost $40k with tax. If Honda kept the price down a bit, sales would have soared
      01-05-2011, 03:52 AM   #10
.:bHd:.
Major
Armenia
Rep

Drives: E92 335i MT

gotta say out of all the jap craps I like honda the most. They have some really good everyday cars. Unless you're talking tracking them. In that case they are crap. No current gen honda is RWD (NSX and S2K aren't being produced anymore).

Appreciate 0
      01-05-2011, 05:31 AM   #11
Robert
Major General
Rep

Drives: 135i -> is350 -> Tesla M3 perf

Broadly speaking out of all the Japanese cars Honda has the best steering feedback and overall driving experience. Japanese cars have caught up to Germany counter part in performance in recent years. It's not their can't make good drivers cars but it's an area they don't consider as core competencies.

They are strong at building good, reliable, everyday cars in mass quantities, and on occasions they will build a Goliath slayer, GT-R, LFA, ISF, NSX, Supra, 350Z, S2K are all good examples of performance alternatives to German sporty cars. Over the years I have learned even BMW, Audi, Mercedes comprises too much for luxury and only on occasions build true driver's car.
      01-05-2011, 06:07 AM   #12
TSM330i
2006 330i, TSM, Black, manual, sport
United_States
Rep

Drives: '17 C2, GTI, Z4 3.0si Racecar

I don't hate Honda, but I would NOT buy one. They are boring to me (IMO). The S2000 is dead so you can't bring that up.

A friend of mine has a 2002 Civic automatic. I have a 2000 VW Golf (beater car). I drove his Civic once for about 10 minutes and that was all I could take. It is the epitomy of "I'm getting a car to go from point A to point B just because I need to and for no other reason." If I owned that Civic, I'd shoot my brains out! It is DEAD BORING! My Golf (GL model, 2.0 liter 4 cylinder) is like a barrel of monkies fun compared to that stupid Civic.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2011, 06:38 AM   #13
myke354
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkR171 View Post
Nothing special about Hondas to do that. Any clown can build a modern motor with aftermarket parts to make that kind of power, stuff it into a lightweight shell, and go fast. That doesn't make Hondas good. Just because Hondas are a popular and affordable platform with TONS of aftermarket support, does not make them any better than BMW, etc.

That video you posted has nothing to do with Honda other than the fact that 2-3 parts on that car was on an original Honda.

Sure you can make a lot of power from these small 4 cylinder motors, what you posted is all they're good for. Going fast in a straight line. All that power to the front wheels would be a nightmare on a track.

I have nothing against Honda, personally. They used to make some quality sports cars. The DC2 Integra Type R, NSX, and S2000 comes to mind. Other than that, they built decent economy vehicles. Like many others, it's just my opinion that modern Hondas are ugly, boring, and not worth looking into. I think Honda and Toyota are the only two brands I didn't even bother looking at when shopping for my car (before deciding on the 135.) Lexus and Acura included for the same reasons. Ugly and boring.

They are just not a direct competitor to BMW.

Just for fun, here's an old school BMW with a modern motor

E30 with E60 M5 V10
ok u want to talk about a useless car a v10 in a e30 can go around turns its to nose heavy and it is only good at doing roll races as shown in the video..

but lets all be honest here, for the amount of a 1er u can build urself a very very fast honda and not have any of the issues that people have now.. plus the resale is much better.. and if u think that a 400whp civic cant be used at anything other then a drag strip u my friend are sadly mistaken .. and please dont say bmw is a better drivers car when most of it is ll controlled my a damn computer.
we can go back on forth with vids of what we feel is a better car in the end its not going to matter .. i just hate how most people bmw owners are not can hate hondas so much.. oh and just for funs sake how many other little 4 bangers do u know that can make 400whp on just motor??
anyone can turbo a motor and make it fast honda owners have been proving that for years and we have been doing it and still havent had to worry about if our fuel pump is going to cut out of not..
      01-05-2011, 06:40 AM   #14
myke354
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AW325xi View Post
I don't hate Honda, but I would NOT buy one. They are boring to me (IMO). The S2000 is dead so you can't bring that up.

A friend of mine has a 2002 Civic automatic. I have a 2000 VW Golf (beater car). I drove his Civic once for about 10 minutes and that was all I could take. It is the epitomy of "I'm getting a car to go from point A to point B just because I need to and for no other reason." If I owned that Civic, I'd shoot my brains out! It is DEAD BORING! My Golf (GL model, 2.0 liter 4 cylinder) is like a barrel of monkies fun compared to that stupid Civic.
2002 civics where never made to be fast the si that came other was no better i can agree with u on that .. but hondas are like legos witch is a cool thing imo. take that same 02 civic and drop a tsx motor in it and it becomes a whole new car...
      01-05-2011, 08:02 AM   #15
keanu1
tiamat
Romania
Rep

Drives: 525 d

who the hell cares about honda!!! i 'm seeing just a few of them in europe!! i guess the hondas are not liked nor hated here!! they are just bland!!
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2011, 08:21 AM   #16
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep

Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [5.26]
Bottom line is that their current lineup is boring and uninspired and offers no connection between driver and road. Sure, you can take a Civic and drop in some other motor but then it's not really a normal Honda and not too many people are interested in complicated motor transplants, myself included. They certainly have terrific motors but they don't offer them on any decent platform. You can buy several BMW models that are inspiring and thrilling to drive right out of the box which is appealing to our crowd. I say this not as a BMW owner but a car lover and driving enthusiast. I have ZERO brand loyalty and have owned 8 different car brands in the last 8 years so there is no snobbery or elitism here.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2011, 08:42 AM   #17
tarheel91
Private First Class
Rep

Drives: ESS Z4 3.0i

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
Bottom line is that their current lineup is boring and uninspired and offers no connection between driver and road. Sure, you can take a Civic and drop in some other motor but then it's not really a normal Honda and not too many people are interested in complicated motor transplants, myself included. They certainly have terrific motors but they don't offer them on any decent platform. You can buy several BMW models that are inspiring and thrilling to drive right out of the box which is appealing to our crowd. I say this not as a BMW owner but a car lover and driving enthusiast. I have ZERO brand loyalty and have owned 8 different car brands in the last 8 years so there is no snobbery or elitism here.

Honda's made some awesome cars in the past. Until I stumbled upon my Z4, I was pretty set on picking up an S2000. I think the NSX is awesome as well. However, nothing they currently make interests me in any way, shape, or form. I'm not saying they make bad cars. I'm saying they make boring ones.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2011, 09:19 AM   #18
Daemonblitz
Commander
Rep

Drives: Z4MC/M5/640iX/M1000RR

Garage List
2008 BMW M5  [9.50]
2006 Z4M Coupe  [8.77]
2010 BMW S1000RR  [10.00]
I think the conclusion to this debate is that.
RWD = Good
FWD = Not Good

Here is a picture to demonstrate this:
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2011, 09:54 AM   #19
ptack
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Drives: 135i

Garage List
2008 135i  [6.50]
Honda has in the past made a few very good sporty cars. Currently they don't. Their quality is good and the cars are very competent (except the CR-Z which only compares well against a Smart car). I'm not sure what your point is. The Honda brand is a mass-market economy brand. BMW is a luxury brand. They have radically different strategies and make cars for different types of customers. Are you cross-shoping M5s and Odysseys?
      01-05-2011, 10:10 AM   #20
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep

Drives: VF

Quote:
How is the NSX a waste of money? I wouldn't expect this sort of statement from someone defending Hondas and calling other people out for not knowing anything about cars....
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2011, 10:42 AM   #21
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
United_States
Rep

Drives: E46 M3 | 1JZ S13

Quote:
i just love how people who drive a bmw hate hondas so much.. its just very sad and shows just how much some bmw owners really know about cars.. sorry for the rant just pisses me off..

and oh for the clowns that are going to come here and talk about about hondas please make sure u have all ur facts right before u try to comments on how much honds suck..
and keep the ricer comments to urself as not all honda owners are ricers
Does anyone else see a resemblance between the two statements? Obvious double standard by OP. Any credibility = out the window.

Quote:
ok u want to talk about a useless car a v10 in a e30 can go around turns its to nose heavy and it is only good at doing roll races as shown in the video..

but lets all be honest here, for the amount of a 1er u can build urself a very very fast honda and not have any of the issues that people have now.. plus the resale is much better.. and if u think that a 400whp civic cant be used at anything other then a drag strip u my friend are sadly mistaken .. and please dont say bmw is a better drivers car when most of it is ll controlled my a damn computer.
we can go back on forth with vids of what we feel is a better car in the end its not going to matter .. i just hate how most people bmw owners are not can hate hondas so much.. oh and just for funs sake how many other little 4 bangers do u know that can make 400whp on just motor??
anyone can turbo a motor and make it fast honda owners have been proving that for years and we have been doing it and still havent had to worry about if our fuel pump is going to cut out of not..
This has to be one of the dumbest, most bias and generalization-filled posts I have read in a very long time. Saying all BMW owners hate Hondas is like saying all Honda owners are riceburners and douchebags who use Folgers cans as mufflers, don't have car insurance, and have fat/pregnant girlfriends. This guy sounds like a pissed off teenager who had his car taken away by mommy and needs a place to pout and complain. OP, you are a useless troll who's trying to pick a fight that no one wants to waste their time with.
      01-05-2011, 11:11 AM   #22
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
I hate Honda Insight...