New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

09-09-2009, 09:27 PM   #23
Ender514
General
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2009 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM View Post
The new Ford Taurus looks better than the Acura...

Holy Shit...Can't believe I just said that....
+1...the TL has gone down hill
      09-09-2009, 10:38 PM   #24
Draman
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: F06 650i, G05 X5, Taycan turbo

Don't care for either but probably the Ford by a mile here. The TL is just a terrible looking car these days

G05 X5 m50i Mineral White / Tartufo

Porsche Taycan Turbo Carrara White / Limestone Beige
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2009, 12:06 AM   #25
Vudoo4u2
Night Sh1ft
No_Country
Rep

Drives: F95 X5MC LCI

Garage List
ever since they built a new design studio in california, acura has turned from a good looking solid performing brand, to a solid performing brand, with cars that look like they are made from incomplete blocks of clay some junior designer never finished on his day off.

time to send your designers back out to italy for a few classes. stop butchering your name, this isnt going to be a bangle two years after the fact "omg youre great" moment...

when your dealers are removing the front grill on the TL to have them custom painted by local shops so that you can move vehicles off the lot, you KNOW you f'd something up...get a clue and start putting those wonderful engines of yours into better looking vehicles before everyone abandons you as a brand fighting for recognition

sidenote: keep your interior design team, theyre good
      09-11-2009, 10:21 AM   #26
Bimmer007
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: Cars

I would definitely get the TL because of the sh-awd and the 6 speed manual transmission, it also has a lot of tech goodies
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2009, 07:56 PM   #27
IrateSpeed6
¡Roca encendido!
United_States
Rep

Drives: '08 STi Stage II

I love the rear design on the Acura - a hint of reventon... The front of the car needs to be shot.

And HUGE thumbs up to Ford. A company strong enough with its business model to not have to rely on the Fed. Used to be a GM fan - those days are gone...
      09-12-2009, 08:42 PM   #28
blue2fire
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep

Drives: BMW 135i

The new TL is a very good car, the SH-AWD not really a compromise. Add it to the fact that the quality of the ford interior stinks (they needed to write "SONY" on it to convince people that the stereo is all right ) and it is quite obvious.

Ive never met anyone who wanted something called Taurus, you just get it at Enterprise when you crash your car.

BMW CCA
Member #420568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Murray View Post
Being a fan of Honda engines, I requested that they consider building for the F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up with a BMW engine.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2009, 09:07 PM   #29
quagmire
I am Gundam
Rep

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2fire View Post
The new TL is a very good car, the SH-AWD not really a compromise. Add it to the fact that the quality of the ford interior stinks (they needed to write "SONY" on it to convince people that the stereo is all right ) and it is quite obvious.

Ive never met anyone who wanted something called Taurus, you just get it at Enterprise when you crash your car.
A) Acura is more luxury oriented then Ford( the brand) is. Ford took a mainstream full size sedan gave AWD and a high HP V6 engine. Acura is more for refinement. Two totally different vehicles. B) It isn't uncommon for any manufacture to advertise the audio system maker in the car itself. I haven't been in the 335xi in awhile, but I believe it said LOGIC7 somewhere in the front......

But, despite the Acura's decent interior, I would still take the RWD G8 GT over both.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2009, 09:23 PM   #30
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassBimmer View Post
Ford is as ugly inside as the Acura is outside. Add to it that the Acura comes standard with more tech goodies and the AWD system is the most advanced on the market and the Ac wins hands down. You can paint a Ford any color you want, it's still a Ford..
you're crazy if you think the acura has the better looking interiot. too curvy, too man buttons, too shitty etc.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2009, 02:52 PM   #31
Project America
Registered
Rep

Drives: Coming soon: '09 740d

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewSong View Post
Exactly. Ford's are American cars. All American cars handle like pigs (like they literally have hoofs), and are fat and have cheap materials. I wouldn't drive a GT40 because it's American, and a Ford.

I'm a proud Bimmer owner.

One of my friend's friends, sister's said that she saw a Corvette ZR1 driving down the road, and all the tires fell off AT THE SAME TIME!

American craftsmanship sux!!!

p.s - imagine driving by a group of hot, sexy girls in a Bimmer! you would get panties thrown at you all day! Do that in a Ford and you can't get a whiff.
I have to disagree... The ZR1 might not have that awesome interior a German car has but trust me it handles much better than all the BMW's i've driven...considering the price it is a bargain and cannot be compared. And that story of wheels falling off??? Think your friend was exaggerating....

The CTS-V's interior is nice but yet again cannot be compared to German craftmanship, but for it's price, performance and handling the car is worth every penny and yet again can compete with the Germans in terms of performance of handling.

PS: Imagine driving by a group of girls in a Ford GT, I bet it draws more attention than any BMW...

Back OT: The Ford will do, the interior + exterior look much better in comparison to the Acura...
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2009, 03:27 PM   #32
quagmire
I am Gundam
Rep

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project America View Post
I have to disagree... The ZR1 might not have that awesome interior a German car has but trust me it handles much better than all the BMW's i've driven...considering the price it is a bargain and cannot be compared. And that story of wheels falling off??? Think your friend was exaggerating....

The CTS-V's interior is nice but yet again cannot be compared to German craftmanship, but for it's price, performance and handling the car is worth every penny and yet again can compete with the Germans in terms of performance of handling.

PS: Imagine driving by a group of girls in a Ford GT, I bet it draws more attention than any BMW...

Back OT: The Ford will do, the interior + exterior look much better in comparison to the Acura...
NewSong is just mimicking the anti-American cars members here. He doesn't believe that himself.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2009, 05:20 PM   #33
NewSong
Just another jerk in a hat...
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2005 Ford Focus

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by quagmire View Post
NewSong is just mimicking the anti-American cars members here. He doesn't believe that himself.
The best part is that my impression was so convincing that you can't really tell the difference between my pretending and the actual brand snobs.

And he hath put a new song in my mouth.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2009, 05:29 PM   #34
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Drives: Sedona 1er|Yellow S3|NardoTTRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by imported_mega View Post
ford, that acura is ugly everywhere

+1 to that, acura design has truly turned to the shitters.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2009, 05:35 PM   #35
E90 ANdy
Banned
United_States
Rep

Drives: SG E90 325i sport + idrive

Garage List
i used to think the acura TL was ugly, but i think its grown on me. It looks like a concept car from 2020

however I still dont like the ford.. regardless of how many times i look at it.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2009, 05:45 PM   #36
imported_mega
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Drives: various bmw's

you sure you dont have the two cars confused?

I bet if you took the badges off these cars, there would be significantly different answers from some of the posters here, badgewhoring is bad, very very bad, real automotive enthusiasts don't do it
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2009, 06:05 PM   #37
TiAg335i
Trance Life
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2007 E92 335i

I like the styling of the TL much more....Ford just looks cheap as usual.
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2009, 09:48 PM   #38
ejazbmw
blahhh
Rep

Drives: 2014 M235I

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrateSpeed6 View Post
I love the rear design on the Acura - a hint of reventon... The front of the car needs to be shot.

And HUGE thumbs up to Ford. A company strong enough with its business model to not have to rely on the Fed. Used to be a GM fan - those days are gone...
you should just be banned for saying that
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2009, 11:35 PM   #39
majin ssj eric
Captain
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2009 Hyundai Genesis 3.8 Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewSong View Post
Exactly. Ford's are American cars. All American cars handle like pigs (like they literally have hoofs), and are fat and have cheap materials. I wouldn't drive a GT40 because it's American, and a Ford.

I'm a proud Bimmer owner.

One of my friend's friends, sister's said that she saw a Corvette ZR1 driving down the road, and all the tires fell off AT THE SAME TIME! American craftsmanship sux!!!

p.s - imagine driving by a group of hot, sexy girls in a Bimmer! you would get panties thrown at you all day! Do that in a Ford and you can't get a whiff.
Yeah, I'm sure that happened...
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2009, 11:54 PM   #40
NewSong
United_States
Rep

Question

Why would my friend's friend's sister lie?

Appreciate 0
      09-13-2009, 11:56 PM   #41
NewSong
United_States
Rep

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by imported_mega View Post
you sure you dont have the two cars confused?

I bet if you took the badges off these cars, there would be significantly different answers from some of the posters here, badgewhoring is bad, very very bad, real automotive enthusiasts don't do it
Sorry, but a BMW is German made and isn't made out of plastic like Americrap cars.

I'm a proud BMW owner, the ultimate driving machine.

When ladies see the BMW badge, I get panties thrown at me all the time, non-stop. My trunk is full of whore panties, and I get more by the day!

BMW fo' lyfe.

Appreciate 0
      09-14-2009, 01:02 PM   #42
blue2fire
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep

Drives: BMW 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90 ANdy View Post
i used to think the acura TL was ugly, but i think its grown on me. It looks like a concept car from 2020
Exact same thought here, you don't have to like it but you do see how it stands apart on the road. They had the courage to make something radically different and should be commended for it.

I think that if the car was the same and it had this grille on it, people would take more to the idea.

BMW CCA
Member #420568
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Murray View Post
Being a fan of Honda engines, I requested that they consider building for the F1 a 4.5 liter V10 or V12. I asked, I tried to persuade them, but in the end could not convince them to do it, and the McLaren F1 ended up with a BMW engine.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2009, 01:05 PM   #43
imported_mega
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Drives: various bmw's

you guys have strange taste, no car has ever "grown on me" does your taste change? I cant recall ever seeing something ugly and later thinking it was not ugly.

ugly is ugly, aztek, Z6, GT, the new 5's and 7's, add the acura, most volvo's and mercs, almost every chevy & ford to the ugly car list
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2009, 02:22 PM   #44
fdsasdasdf
Captain
Rep

Drives: 330Ci ZHP 6sp

Quote:
Originally Posted by iatacs19 View Post
yeah... what happened at Acura?
Apparently the TL did a Saturn and its offspring is what they have now.
Appreciate 0