New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

08-04-2017, 11:39 AM   #67
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep

Drives: E90M/E92M/M4GTS/M4GT4/X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorsportenterprise View Post
I think the GT3 given how well it is damped is easily driven on the street. I've also driven the RS and don't find it to be uncomfortable either.
I also don't think that saying Porsche cant design a car with downforce is totally wrong. They absolutely can, but choose not to make a (parimarily) street car with 1200 lbs of downforce and a wing as big as the ACR. I could also say it doesn't take 6-7 liters to make decent power but that is simply different engineering in how they get there.
I'll be out driving the new GT3 next week so I'll see how the new one is too.
I will wager a friendly bet the GT2RS will be well under the 7 min mark (6:46 is my guess) and will do so with a bit more power as we know but far less downforce than the ACR.
Like I said before, I hope Porsche and all its fanbois are really proud that the GT2 RS which is going for $500k is able to beat a car that costs $135k. It's an incredible achievement! (NOT)

As I said earlier, something that costs as much as a regular GTS needs a $500k car to beat it.

My track M3 has 700/1000lb springs. In comparison to any of my student's GT3s, which have stock suspension, it almost feels like a Cadillac.
The difference is so notable I actually called the suspension people and asked them to send the 'big boy' springs, but was told I already had them.

Yes I know, the GT3 is so well damped yada yada yada. Yet the advanced GT3 drivers almost without exception run aftermarket suspensions as well as aftermarket brake rotors. It's funny isn't it?

Last edited by SYT_Shadow; 08-04-2017 at 12:58 PM..
Appreciate 1
      08-04-2017, 05:47 PM   #68
Motorsportenterprise
Banned
Rep

Drives: Turbo/NA

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYT_Shadow View Post
Like I said before, I hope Porsche and all its fanbois are really proud that the GT2 RS which is going for $500k is able to beat a car that costs $135k. It's an incredible achievement! (NOT)

As I said earlier, something that costs as much as a regular GTS needs a $500k car to beat it.

My track M3 has 700/1000lb springs. In comparison to any of my student's GT3s, which have stock suspension, it almost feels like a Cadillac.
The difference is so notable I actually called the suspension people and asked them to send the 'big boy' springs, but was told I already had them.

Yes I know, the GT3 is so well damped yada yada yada. Yet the advanced GT3 drivers almost without exception run aftermarket suspensions as well as aftermarket brake rotors. It's funny isn't it?
The GT2 RS isn't going to be 500k. It will be 300k based on what I've heard. Funny how Ferrari and Mclaren and Lambo need 500-600k cars to not even keep pace, and won't keep pace with the RS. Hell, a 488 can barely outpace a 911 GTS on the Ring for 3X the money.
The fact that the ACR is only 140k is great, but to say it's even half as nice of a car or well built is being nice. Words of a buddy of mine who has one, as well as a 911 turbo. Performance and price are not correlated especially when talking American vs Euro cars. Nothing wrong wth that but you seem so black and white about it. Funny how Porsche has no issues selling the RS for what they charge and the viper is no more.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2017, 10:31 PM   #69
thebmw
Post Advisor
Rep

Drives: More Manuals than Automatics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
Who cares? Car's dead. What's next, Fangio's F1 car? A 917 on modern tires? A Tyrrell 6 wheeler?
Who cares? A lot of people! This is the last pure sports car that will ever be made. You just don't get it, do you?
Appreciate 2
      08-04-2017, 10:37 PM   #70
thebmw
Post Advisor
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by anglo View Post
What's amazing, it's a car at the end of its cycle that still gaps the German competion and it costs way less.

That must upset the Porsche Badge whores. lol
+1. And BTW, for the guy who "doesn't care", BMW has no track records to speak of with any of their production cars (not sure if they ever have in the last couple decades either). And you speak of "BMW engineering"!

The ACR is a perfect example of brilliant engineering where they took a capable base Viper and completely transformed it into literally the most capable production track car in the world.

Last edited by thebmw; 08-04-2017 at 10:46 PM..
Appreciate 1
      08-05-2017, 02:45 PM   #71
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

Quote:

If I had the money I would get the GT2 RS. I guess in my case fanboi = cares a lot about other things than fractions of a second around a normal race track.
      08-06-2017, 02:22 AM   #72
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep

Drives: Cars

They're heading back this month. Funding secured and the boys are guaranteed to get more than 1 lap in. I'm really hoping for low 50's.
Appreciate 2
      08-06-2017, 03:33 AM   #73
scoobysaurus
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: BMW

Garage List
Quote:
The GT2 RS isn't going to be 500k. It will be 300k based on what I've heard. Funny how Ferrari and Mclaren and Lambo need 500-600k cars to not even keep pace, and won't keep pace with the RS. Hell, a 488 can barely outpace a 911 GTS on the Ring for 3X the money.
The fact that the ACR is only 140k is great, but to say it's even half as nice of a car or well built is being nice. Words of a buddy of mine who has one, as well as a 911 turbo. Performance and price are not correlated especially when talking American vs Euro cars. Nothing wrong wth that but you seem so black and white about it. Funny how Porsche has no issues selling the RS for what they charge and the viper is no more.
I've got an SL63 that costs more than your buddy's 911 turbo and I think my Viper is built just fine. The Viper is no more because fanboys value a badge more than anything else and sissies don't enjoy a hardcore sports car anymore. I'd take any Viper over any 911 any day of the week, thank you very much. What's really funny is that Porsche needs a million dollar hypercar to match the performance of a $140k car. Nothing else is that funny lol. That's not to say I don't like Porsche, I've got a Porsche 'turbo' too - just a lot bigger than a 911 life is good when you're not a fanboy and appreciate things for what they are, regardless of where they come from or what badge they wear.

And since you brought up McLaren I'd gladly pay for a 570S to replace my SL63. Those exotic marques make you feel special and offer a driving experience that you can't get from a 911. I chose an AMG over a 911 turbo cabrio a few years ago, and I'd choose a McLaren over one today. The problem with the 911 is that the ones priced like the Viper can't compete in terms of performance and the ones priced against McLarens and Ferraris can't compete in terms of panache. My girl on the other hand likes 911's more than I do because of a more feminine shape and it's easier for her to drive - so to each their own. Nothing personal, it's just that to me cars like McLarens, Vipers and AMG's have certain qualities that I can't get in a 911. Cheers

Last edited by scoobysaurus; 08-06-2017 at 04:11 AM..
Appreciate 2
Nkc1600.50
SYT_Shadow11421.00
      08-06-2017, 04:28 PM   #74
thebmw
Post Advisor
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobysaurus View Post
I've got an SL63 that costs more than your buddy's 911 turbo and I think my Viper is built just fine. The Viper is no more because fanboys value a badge more than anything else and sissies don't enjoy a hardcore sports car anymore. I'd take any Viper over any 911 any day of the week, thank you very much. What's really funny is that Porsche needs a million dollar hypercar to match the performance of a $140k car. Nothing else is that funny lol. That's not to say I don't like Porsche, I've got a Porsche 'turbo' too - just a lot bigger than a 911 life is good when you're not a fanboy and appreciate things for what they are, regardless of where they come from or what badge they wear.

And since you brought up McLaren I'd gladly pay for a 570S to replace my SL63. Those exotic marques make you feel special and offer a driving experience that you can't get from a 911. I chose an AMG over a 911 turbo cabrio a few years ago, and I'd choose a McLaren over one today. The problem with the 911 is that the ones priced like the Viper can't compete in terms of performance and the ones priced against McLarens and Ferraris can't compete in terms of panache. My girl on the other hand likes 911's more than I do because of a more feminine shape and it's easier for her to drive - so to each their own. Nothing personal, it's just that to me cars like McLarens, Vipers and AMG's have certain qualities that I can't get in a 911. Cheers
You hit the nail on the head. Best quote of the day:

"Life is good when you're not a fanboy and appreciate things for what they are, regardless of where they come from or what badge they wear."

That can apply to so many things in this world, including people!
Appreciate 1
SYT_Shadow11421.00
      08-06-2017, 11:17 PM   #75
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep

Drives: Cars

The most expensive cars I've ever bought are a Jeep and a Dodge lol.
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2017, 02:14 AM   #76
eluded
2JZ-GTE
Bulgaria
Rep

Drives: 340 6MT, 50e, others

Did a Subaru really run a sub 7 on the ring?
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2017, 08:14 AM   #77
The Choosey begger
Libertarian
United_States
Rep

Drives: M4

Quote:

+1
And they"re still tryin to match the performance of a car that came out 5 years ago.
Appreciate 1
SYT_Shadow11421.00
      08-07-2017, 08:58 PM   #78
Motorsportenterprise
Banned
Rep

Quote:

Your opinion is certainly one you're welcome to. I appreciate any car despite your assumption. And there are plenty of qualities a 911 has that no Mclaren, AMG, Viper or Ferrari will give you.
I personally don't find anything that matches what Porsche offers for performance, quality, price, and brand cache and are tried and proven. Ferrari, Mclaren...you couldn't drive those like you can a 911/GT3. Are they more flashy? Sure, but I prefer the iconic look of the 911 and don't find a single car either of them make aesthetically pleasing. If I was going to spend more than a GTx and wanted a more "exotic" vehicle, it would be on an Huracan or the upcoming Porsche 960. Where I live though, there are plenty of any exotics...and unless you're in a Pagani, it's not all that uncommon. As I mentioned, I have plenty of friends who own several Porsche, Ferraris, Lambos, Rolls and they all say the same thing. The Porsche is the best car they own. I love my 911.
You like what you like and that's all that matters.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2017, 02:07 PM   #79
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep

Quote:
It will list for $300k. And you won't be able to get one for less than $500k. This has been the story for 'GT' cars for quite some time.

Please try to go into a P dealer and tell them you have 300k and want a GT2 RS... and watch them laugh at you.

I don't know why you talk about Ferrari, Lambo, McLaren. I haven't mentioned those cars at all. As you have though, I feel obligated to remind you that just because other manufacturers are able to build more expensive vehicles than Porsche which similarly get their asses handed to them by a $140k car does not exonerate Porsche from building cars that are completely overpriced for the performance they bring.

Again, if we are going to talk about how pretty cars are and how many thumbs up they get at a Cars and Coffee, then Porsche is a good option.
In this thread we are discussing the NRing and the Viper's performance, so you may be in the wrong thread.

As far as Porsche selling all their GT cars and the Viper being no more, I answered this in my first post in this thread. I'll restate what I said last time, which is that people are clearly more interested in buying 'track cars' that are built for Cars and Coffee than buying actually fast track cars.
That is my problem with it. A GT2 RS or a GT3 RS is a dedicated track car. I haven't seen a single one being driven to the track, but perhaps in my +100 track days I have insufficient experience. They are extraordinarily uncomfortable as well. So these 'track cars' are less suited to the track than another 'track car' which is a similarly focused machine, but much faster.
It's clear that the world is full of posers who want 'dedicated track cars' that are actually just poser cars.

If you were saying you prefer a loaded 911 Turbo S because it lets you hold your girlfriend's hand on the way to pick up a nice latte at Starbucks I would applaud your decision. However, you are talking about choosing much slower, more expensive options for an extremely dedicated purpose: the track.

Porsches are very nice cars and they build some track-focused variants. People who fantasize about daily driving a GT3, much less a GT3 RS have clearly not spent much time in them. These are track vehicles. They are clearly outranked by other vehicles like the Viper here.

This doesn't mean Porsches suck. It does, however, mean that they are outclassed when it comes time to do what they are intended to do: drive on the track.

This really shouldn't be hard to understand

Last edited by SYT_Shadow; 08-08-2017 at 02:16 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2017, 03:48 PM   #80
Motorsportenterprise
Banned
Rep

Quote:
It will list for $300k. And you won't be able to get one for less than $500k. This has been the story for 'GT' cars for quite some time.

Please try to go into a P dealer and tell them you have 300k and want a GT2 RS... and watch them laugh at you.

I don't know why you talk about Ferrari, Lambo, McLaren. I haven't mentioned those cars at all. As you have though, I feel obligated to remind you that just because other manufacturers are able to build more expensive vehicles than Porsche which similarly get their asses handed to them by a $140k car does not exonerate Porsche from building cars that are completely overpriced for the performance they bring.

Again, if we are going to talk about how pretty cars are and how many thumbs up they get at a Cars and Coffee, then Porsche is a good option.
In this thread we are discussing the NRing and the Viper's performance, so you may be in the wrong thread.

As far as Porsche selling all their GT cars and the Viper being no more, I answered this in my first post in this thread. I'll restate what I said last time, which is that people are clearly more interested in buying 'track cars' that are built for Cars and Coffee than buying actually fast track cars.
That is my problem with it. A GT2 RS or a GT3 RS is a dedicated track car. I haven't seen a single one being driven to the track, but perhaps in my +100 track days I have insufficient experience. They are extraordinarily uncomfortable as well. So these 'track cars' are less suited to the track than another 'track car' which is a similarly focused machine, but much faster.
It's clear that the world is full of posers who want 'dedicated track cars' that are actually just poser cars.

If you were saying you prefer a loaded 911 Turbo S because it lets you hold your girlfriend's hand on the way to pick up a nice latte at Starbucks I would applaud your decision. However, you are talking about choosing much slower, more expensive options for an extremely dedicated purpose: the track.

Porsches are very nice cars and they build some track-focused variants. People who fantasize about daily driving a GT3, much less a GT3 RS have clearly not spent much time in them. These are track vehicles. They are clearly outranked by other vehicles like the Viper here.

This doesn't mean Porsches suck. It does, however, mean that they are outclassed when it comes time to do what they are intended to do: drive on the track.

This really shouldn't be hard to understand
I get your position and don't disagree with how good a car the ACR is on track. I'd hope a 3200 lb car with well over 600 hp, a dedicated racing tire and 1200 lbs of downforce would be a good track weapon. I do believe the GT3/RS are still designed to be street cars first and foremost whereas the Viper flips that the other way. That's part of the reason why the GT3s are in such high demand as they have a duality to them few cars can match. I also think the 488, Mclarens and Huracan are similar in that they're geared to street first and track second. I have friends who bought GT3s to daily them and have a dedicated cheap cars (Z4M) as a track car. Uncomfortable is something I don't find them to be, but that is dependent upon your height, weight and I cannot speak for anyone but myself.
I won't talk about what I can get or not get from Porsche, but send me a private message as that's not a discussion I'll have here.
Anyway, yes, I'm sure you'll see the 2RS selling for 600-800k but agnostic of what people will pay (and they certainly will) with similar power to weight to the ACR I don't think the ACR will stand a chance.
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2017, 04:25 PM   #81
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Garage List
2016 Dodge SRT Viper [0.00]
2012 BMW 640i F13 [0.00]
2013 Mercedes-AMG S ... [0.00]
2013 Jaguar XF [0.00]
2015 Nissan Patrol Y62 [0.00]
2011 Porsche Cayenn ... [0.00]

Confused by your statement and garage, as long as you have along list of luxury/sports cars and SUV's then you are completely hard core?
      08-09-2017, 12:14 PM   #82
WhatsADSM
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 2011 135i

Quote:
I get your position and don't disagree with how good a car the ACR is on track. I'd hope a 3200 lb car with well over 600 hp, a dedicated racing tire and 1200 lbs of downforce would be a good track weapon. I do believe the GT3/RS are still designed to be street cars first and foremost whereas the Viper flips that the other way. That's part of the reason why the GT3s are in such high demand as they have a duality to them few cars can match. I also think the 488, Mclarens and Huracan are similar in that they're geared to street first and track second. I have friends who bought GT3s to daily them and have a dedicated cheap cars (Z4M) as a track car. Uncomfortable is something I don't find them to be, but that is dependent upon your height, weight and I cannot speak for anyone but myself.
I won't talk about what I can get or not get from Porsche, but send me a private message as that's not a discussion I'll have here.
Anyway, yes, I'm sure you'll see the 2RS selling for 600-800k but agnostic of what people will pay (and they certainly will) with similar power to weight to the ACR I don't think the ACR will stand a chance.
First off the viper actually weighs closer to 3400# and the 3RS weighs about 3200#.
The tires on the 3RS are actually more aggressive than the viper (sport cup 2s have a 180TW and Kumho V720 have 200TW).

As for the power and downforce... Well that's a shame that a Porsche can't give you 600 horse and 1200# of downforce. Nothing was stopping them, and you certainly had to pay a lot more for the car compared to the viper.

... And I don't buy for one second the 3RS is more of a street car than the viper... It has much of the interior out, a cage installed, comes with r comps, fully adjustable harsh suspension. Then of course there are options for AC/Radio removal, fire extinguisher, 6 point harnesses, etc. You know the usual stuff you see on the street. I can an easily argue that the Viper is the more street friendly car.

I actually do like Porsche (the GT4 stole my heart), but when you are talking about the Viper and you put the word performance in there Porsche has nothing that can rival it, and it's sort of embarrassing considering how much the cars cost. I have my fingers crossed for you that the half million dollar 2RS can sneak out a faster time than the old Viper!
Appreciate 1
SYT_Shadow11421.00
      08-09-2017, 02:18 PM   #83
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatsADSM View Post
First off the viper actually weighs closer to 3400# and the 3RS weighs about 3200#.
The tires on the 3RS are actually more aggressive than the viper (sport cup 2s have a 180TW and Kumho V720 have 200TW).

As for the power and downforce... Well that's a shame that a Porsche can't give you 600 horse and 1200# of downforce. Nothing was stopping them, and you certainly had to pay a lot more for the car compared to the viper.

... And I don't buy for one second the 3RS is more of a street car than the viper... It has much of the interior out, a cage installed, comes with r comps, fully adjustable harsh suspension. Then of course there are options for AC/Radio removal, fire extinguisher, 6 point harnesses, etc. You know the usual stuff you see on the street. I can an easily argue that the Viper is the more street friendly car.

I actually do like Porsche (the GT4 stole my heart), but when you are talking about the Viper and you put the word performance in there Porsche has nothing that can rival it, and it's sort of embarrassing considering how much the cars cost. I have my fingers crossed for you that the half million dollar 2RS can sneak out a faster time than the old Viper!
The elitist, snobby attitudes displayed by Porsche fanbois are a good reason why I don't have one anymore and won't be getting another one.
Fortunately not all of them are like that and plenty are real car fans. So they'd appreciate the Viper. I recall being invited to a friend's trailer who had two matching 196X Cup Cars and over dinner said if he could only have one car he'd have an E46M3. Another of his friends said 'well I'd have a Bentley', to which the first guy replied 'you can't track a Bentley'. That is a car enthusiast.

Motorsportenterprise, if you ever take your 'track ready but daily driveable' GT R car to the track, do not be surprised when all manner of BMWs tear your doors off.
I am sure some of them are trying to spread some M Power love to the owners of these special race cars. Some of them could have GT3 'race cars' but prefer other brands just to stick it to snobs.

I've found the way it usually works is that first the GT3/RS is a 'race car'. Then, when someone has built a M3 to beat it, then you start hearing about how 'daily driveable' and 'race car for the street' it is. All this from a dude standing next to his trailer that holds the GT3. Speaking to someone who drove their M3 for 6 hours to the track.
I kid you not, at a track event this year someone driving one of those cars came and told me I was cheating because I had removed my rear seats. I am not kidding. In my 4 door M3, I am cheating because I removed the rear seats.

Seriously, if I were in a Ford Fiesta ST forum and there were some people there who didn't shut up about the M3 I'd eventually think "what the hell are these clowns doing here? why don't they put their big boy pants on and go buy an M3 and leave us Fiesta ST guys alone? Who cares about the M3 in a Fiesta ST forum?"
It must be a sad existence to be so in love with brand X but somehow own brand Y and spend the day in brand Y's forum talking about how great brand X is.

As you say and I said earlier, what exactly is stopping Porsche from providing a proper track car for $140k? Are we supposed to applaud that they need a $300k list car to beat a manual Viper? Also, care to remember that the GT2 RS time will be done after what, 100 passes? The Viper did this in a single day.

I'm in GT3s quite often and their ride is so punishing it makes my MCS suspension E90 track car feel like a Caddy in comparison. It never ceases to amaze me. For someone to sell that this is 'daily driveable' is laughable. You *can* daily drive a GT3 in the same way you can walk 10 miles to work. No one actually does it.

I fondly recall some poor bloke on this forum who bought into the GT3 hype and got rid of his E9X M for the GT3. A few months later he sold it because it was completely unusable on the street. And now I'm being told a GT3 RS is daily driveable? In what world?

In 5 years I have literally never seen a GT3 RS drive to/from the track. They are all dedicated track cars. I don't know who Motorsportenterprise tracks with, but I track with PCA... and instruct for PCA. I'll anxiously wait for one of these daily driven GT3s to show up! Any day now! I'm so excited!
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2017, 02:02 AM   #84
thebmw
Post Advisor
Rep

Quote:
The elitist, snobby attitudes displayed by Porsche fanbois are a good reason why I don't have one anymore and won't be getting another one.
2 days ago, some stupid Cayenne driver took a fast sharp left and came into my lane (going in the perpendicular direction), almost hitting me. He then proceeded to honk and give me the finger. What is wrong with these people?
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2017, 08:14 AM   #85
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Classic quote on a BMW forum where most of the world feels the same about us.
      08-10-2017, 03:31 PM   #86
SYT_Shadow
///M Powered for Life
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by David70 View Post
Classic quote on a BMW forum where most of the world feels the same about us.
I accept the criticism, however, to have an appropriate analogy you would need an M car fanboy spend his days in other brand forums talking about how there is nothing quite like an M

As I said earlier, I would question the mental health of such an M car evangelist.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2017, 09:39 AM   #87
Motorsportenterprise
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatsADSM View Post

We can agree to disagree. Also, the RS in the US doesn't have a roll cage or a fully adjustable harsh suspension. If you mean being able to switch PASM, then yes but not a fully adjustable coilover system. And you seem to be overindexing on options to take out which are meant for someone who likely won't drive it much other than on track.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2017, 09:40 AM   #88
Motorsportenterprise
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Fortunately not all of them are like that and plenty are real car fans. So they'd appreciate the Viper. I recall being invited to a friend's trailer who had two matching 196X Cup Cars and over dinner said if he could only have one car he'd have an E46M3. Another of his friends said 'well I'd have a Bentley', to which the first guy replied 'you can't track a Bentley'. That is a car enthusiast.

Motorsportenterprise, if you ever take your 'track ready but daily driveable' GT R car to the track, do not be surprised when all manner of BMWs tear your doors off.
I am sure some of them are trying to spread some M Power love to the owners of these special race cars. Some of them could have GT3 'race cars' but prefer other brands just to stick it to snobs.

I've found the way it usually works is that first the GT3/RS is a 'race car'. Then, when someone has built a M3 to beat it, then you start hearing about how 'daily driveable' and 'race car for the street' it is. All this from a dude standing next to his trailer that holds the GT3. Speaking to someone who drove their M3 for 6 hours to the track.
I kid you not, at a track event this year someone driving one of those cars came and told me I was cheating because I had removed my rear seats. I am not kidding. In my 4 door M3, I am cheating because I removed the rear seats.

Seriously, if I were in a Ford Fiesta ST forum and there were some people there who didn't shut up about the M3 I'd eventually think "what the hell are these clowns doing here? why don't they put their big boy pants on and go buy an M3 and leave us Fiesta ST guys alone? Who cares about the M3 in a Fiesta ST forum?"
It must be a sad existence to be so in love with brand X but somehow own brand Y and spend the day in brand Y's forum talking about how great brand X is.

As you say and I said earlier, what exactly is stopping Porsche from providing a proper track car for $140k? Are we supposed to applaud that they need a $300k list car to beat a manual Viper? Also, care to remember that the GT2 RS time will be done after what, 100 passes? The Viper did this in a single day.

I'm in GT3s quite often and their ride is so punishing it makes my MCS suspension E90 track car feel like a Caddy in comparison. It never ceases to amaze me. For someone to sell that this is 'daily driveable' is laughable. You *can* daily drive a GT3 in the same way you can walk 10 miles to work. No one actually does it.

I fondly recall some poor bloke on this forum who bought into the GT3 hype and got rid of his E9X M for the GT3. A few months later he sold it because it was completely unusable on the street. And now I'm being told a GT3 RS is daily driveable? In what world?

In 5 years I have literally never seen a GT3 RS drive to/from the track. They are all dedicated track cars. I don't know who Motorsportenterprise tracks with, but I track with PCA... and instruct for PCA. I'll anxiously wait for one of these daily driven GT3s to show up! Any day now! I'm so excited!
Well, I know someone who dailies a GT3 RS, and a few who do so in a GT3. As I said, oddly enough these guys have other cars they track.
Also think you have my position wrong. The ACR is awesome, but I prefer the look, sound, quality, etc of the GT3RS.

Last edited by Motorsportenterprise; 08-11-2017 at 09:53 AM..
Appreciate 0