New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

07-22-2016, 12:59 PM   #45
arsenalrocks
Private First Class
Rep

Drives: need a car, man

HELLcat is just a s/c slapped on top of their 6.4
of course it is not worth 100k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloomRunsDubs View Post
No... and not just No.. Hell No.

This is just like when the Hellcats came out some dealers where actually getting around 100k for them and the Hellcats a much better overall car.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2016, 12:59 PM   #46
arsenalrocks
Private First Class
Rep

Drives: need a car, man

GT350R eats GT4 for breakfast

especially true on big tracks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicknaz View Post
nice car but at that price, I'd stay in the 981.2 GT4 wait list or get a C7Z

As an aside, $100k is also lightly used Gallardo territory. Those are super fun too!
Appreciate 1
      07-22-2016, 01:44 PM   #47
Mrs. ITLRUN
Private
Rep

Drives: '17 M3 ZCP

We have an R Model ordered at sticker. A rare deal for sure, we feel lucky to have gotten it. (I say "we" because it's my husband's car, mine isn't an R.)
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2016, 07:34 PM   #48
nicknaz
Lieutenant General
Rep

Drives: C6Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsenalrocks View Post
GT350R eats GT4 for breakfast

especially true on big tracks.
Possibly?

I was at an HPDE at mosport recently and the GT4 and 991 GT3 were close (depending on driver). I thought GT350R was roughly equivalent to a GT3, so I'm not 100% sure how GT350R vs. GT4 would go down. My GUESS is that for average joes it will be close

Not trying to put down the GT350R, just not how I'd spend my money
Appreciate 6
      07-22-2016, 07:55 PM   #49
ixse
Major
Rep

Drives: 2015 boxster s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. ITLRUN View Post
We have an R Model ordered at sticker. A rare deal for sure, we feel lucky to have gotten it. (I say "we" because it's my husband's car, mine isn't an R.)
Better make sure thats on paper. Unless dealer GM is on crack, im sure he does not want to loose easy 10k free money as mark up. R is very mich sought after at this point.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2016, 08:45 PM   #50
Mrs. ITLRUN
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixse View Post
Better make sure thats on paper. Unless dealer GM is on crack, im sure he does not want to loose easy 10k free money as mark up. R is very mich sought after at this point.
Long story behind it, and this is actually our third Shelby through this dealer (the other 2 weren't R Models of course). You're right, few would leave $$ on the table. I haven't heard of any other R's at sticker, though there may be a few out there.
Appreciate 1
      07-22-2016, 08:46 PM   #51
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep

Drives: 24 Z06, 23 CT4VBW, 22 PFinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ixse View Post
IIRC, there is some back story not being included due to an unfortunate incident. Glad it is working out for you guys @Mrs. ITLRUN.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2016, 08:53 PM   #52
Mrs. ITLRUN
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn19 View Post
IIRC, there is some back story not being included due to an unfortunate incident. Glad it is working out for you guys @Mrs. ITLRUN.
Indeed

Was quite unfortunate at the time but it's all working out. We are blessed for sure.

(Not trying to be vague, just didn't want to bore the ///M community with Ford stuff.)
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2016, 08:55 PM   #53
minn19
Lieutenant General
Rep

Drives: 24 Z06, 23 CT4VBW, 22 PFinder

Quote:
Indeed

Was quite unfortunate at the time but it's all working out. We are blessed for sure.

(Not trying to be vague, just didn't want to bore the ///M community with Ford stuff.)
No and to be honest, I don't even want to ask. Just glad it is working out for you guys. Have fun with the car search and the new R!
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2016, 09:21 PM   #54
F80Dreamer
Major
Rep

Drives: 2016 M4

Quote:
Indeed

Lots of great car enthusiasts on this forum that don't drive M's so not boring at all. I drive a '16 Mustang GT
Appreciate 2
      07-22-2016, 09:36 PM   #55
Mrs. ITLRUN
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F80Dreamer View Post
Lots of great car enthusiasts on this forum that don't drive M's so not boring at all. I drive a '16 Mustang GT
I currently drive a '15 GT/PP! The '17 GT350 is built and will ship any day, should get it in a week or so and I'll trade the '15 in on it. Hubby's R Model is still several weeks out.
Appreciate 1
      07-22-2016, 11:27 PM   #56
F80Dreamer
Major
Rep

Drives: 2016 M4

Quote:
I currently drive a '15 GT/PP! The '17 GT350 is built and will ship any day, should get it in a week or so and I'll trade the '15 in on it. Hubby's R Model is still several weeks out.
That's great, I have a PP as well...will be trading it in when my '17 M3 gets here in a few weeks but overall it has been a great car, tremendous value.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2016, 05:25 PM   #57
Billj747
Captain
United_States
Rep

Drives: Everything

Quote:
Possibly?

I was at an HPDE at mosport recently and the GT4 and 991 GT3 were close (depending on driver). I thought GT350R was roughly equivalent to a GT3, so I'm not 100% sure how GT350R vs. GT4 would go down. My GUESS is that for average joes it will be close

Not trying to put down the GT350R, just not how I'd spend my money
A GT350R is about as fast as a GT3, but GT3 a good amount faster than a GT4 (given the same driver)?
Appreciate 2
      07-25-2016, 12:30 AM   #58
nicknaz
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billj747 View Post
A GT350R is about as fast as a GT3, but GT3 a good amount faster than a GT4 (given the same driver)?
I guess it depends on who that same driver is. Pro, for sure.. average joes at a club HPDE? unclear, in my opinion (i.e. I'm not able to max out a GT4, so any extra capability is wasted on me)

By the way, I was just stating a personal preference earlier. I'm not at all interested in GT350R but am putting in a deposit for a 981.2 GT4 (assuming one ever comes out). It's a good time to be a gearhead, with all these choices
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2016, 06:31 PM   #59
Billj747
Captain
United_States
Rep

I would say a pro would be within a second driving the GT3 & GT350R while the GT4 would be a couple seconds off the two. I think an amateur would be faster in the Gt350R than they would be in a GT3, but it would be interesting to see how comfortable amateurs are with the driving dynamics of the GT4 vs 350R.
Appreciate 1
      07-25-2016, 07:15 PM   #60
XT6Wagon
Private
Rep

Drives: Safety Yellow 5.2L Mustang

Quote:
I would say a pro would be within a second driving the GT3 & GT350R while the GT4 would be a couple seconds off the two. I think an amateur would be faster in the Gt350R than they would be in a GT3, but it would be interesting to see how comfortable amateurs are with the driving dynamics of the GT4 vs 350R.
The magnaride and really well done stability control leads me to think the GT350R will be much easier for most people. You can ride the stability control without losing much pace (if any). The suspension means you can clip curbs and other things that upset most stiff suspensions with almost no upset.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2016, 07:26 PM   #61
GERMAN M3
Lieutenant Colonel
Germany
Rep

Drives: 2018 M3 Comp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSanto View Post
Ive been scouring the internet and calling a bunch of Ford dealers for this car and it seems like this could be the number that these dealers will let this car go for.
A 100k mustang is hard to swallow but this thing is so damn sweet.
Uhhhhhhhhhhh........NO!!!
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2016, 07:59 PM   #62
Motorsportenterprise
Banned
Rep

Drives: Turbo/NA

Quote:
I'd be surprised if an amateur was able to put down faster times in a GT350R over either. The GT3 and GT4 are very easy at the limit and the GT3 with PDK naturally is going to never lose anything in shifting like you may in the other two. Plus, as the post above mentions, while the GT350R may be sorted the GT3/4 are known for how their suspensions can soak up bumps and broken pavement. I've yet to drive a 350R but the GT3/4 can put down some very very fast laps in the hangs of just about anyone. My money would be on them in the hands of a novice and in the hands of a pro the GT3 will faster than either on any track.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2016, 01:19 AM   #63
nicknaz
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by XT6Wagon View Post
T. You can ride the stability control without losing much pace (if any).
It makes me kinda sad to read that. sort of like when dct removed need for heel/toe downshift. I should improve my coding. Fast laps in future are gonna be based on coding skills not driving skills at this rate.

But more importantly I'm sad because mdm sucks and you definitely lose pace for using it. booo bmw for having worse TC than ford or gm
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2016, 07:01 AM   #64
Billj747
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorsportenterprise View Post
I'd be surprised if an amateur was able to put down faster times in a GT350R over either. The GT3 and GT4 are very easy at the limit and the GT3 with PDK naturally is going to never lose anything in shifting like you may in the other two. Plus, as the post above mentions, while the GT350R may be sorted the GT3/4 are known for how their suspensions can soak up bumps and broken pavement. I've yet to drive a 350R but the GT3/4 can put down some very very fast laps in the hangs of just about anyone. My money would be on them in the hands of a novice and in the hands of a pro the GT3 will faster than either on any track.
The GT350R has twice the downforce of the GT3 and is a lot more stable in highspeed corners, especially 100mph transitions where the GT3 is very rear-grip limited and quite twitchy. Both cars are a pretty easy to drive in medium and low speed corners, but the 350R also changes direction quicker.

I guess it depends on the experience level of the amateur. If the person drives both cars through the corners at the same sub-limit speed, then they will be faster in the GT3 since its faster in the straights. I still think most HPDE average joes will be faster in the 350R.
Appreciate 1
      07-26-2016, 08:52 AM   #65
Motorsportenterprise
Banned
Rep

Drives: Turbo/NA

Quote:
The GT350R has twice the downforce of the GT3 and is a lot more stable in highspeed corners, especially 100mph transitions where the GT3 is very rear-grip limited and quite twitchy. Both cars are a pretty easy to drive in medium and low speed corners, but the 350R also changes direction quicker.

I guess it depends on the experience level of the amateur. If the person drives both cars through the corners at the same sub-limit speed, then they will be faster in the GT3 since its faster in the straights. I still think most HPDE average joes will be faster in the 350R.
That is what Ford "claims" but has that ever been substantiated? The GT3 also pulls 1.11g whereas the 350R is less at 1.09 despite wearing wider tires. I also doubt the ford has more stability in high speed corners. Id have to see a track time with cornering speeds compared but again I'd bet In favor of the GT3. How much time do you have on track with a GT3? It's not rear grip limited at all.
I don't see any direct comparison where I can see cornering speeds but if the Ford was so much better and in fact produced so much more downforce I would think the N'Ring time wouldn't be a whopping 7 seconds off the pace of a GT3. I don't know what I don't know but I find much of that hard to believe without data and proof.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2016, 09:14 AM   #66
XT6Wagon
Private
Rep

Drives: Safety Yellow 5.2L Mustang

Quote:
It makes me kinda sad to read that. sort of like when dct removed need for heel/toe downshift. I should improve my coding. Fast laps in future are gonna be based on coding skills not driving skills at this rate.

But more importantly I'm sad because mdm sucks and you definitely lose pace for using it. booo bmw for having worse TC than ford or gm
Its nice, cause It doesn't mess with you on track, lets you hoon it at lower speeds. You can turn it off if you are working on driver development. This is only the 3rd car I've owned with Stability control, so its not like I'm used to them being there to save me. XJR was programmed nice, but you definitely could feel it working if you were leaning on it while hanging the tail out. The SUV was really really annoying. It would grab a huge pile of brake if you even barely trail braked into a corner. I mean the level of trail braking you would do without issue in a 1 ton truck would trigger that overactive pile. So the GT350 really sets the standard for me.

And you do have to heal toe in this car... Kinda wish they offered a ZF 8spd or DCT cause I know its better at shifting than I am, but hell, nothing else at $50K was remotely close. Closest was a Z51 C7 Vette, but even that is $15K+ more and historically has had really bad resale the second something slightly better in the Vette lineup happens.
Appreciate 0