New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General BMW News and Cars Discussion

04-08-2016, 10:19 AM   #67
Bbb34
Major
Canada
Rep

Drives: '11 535i 6sp. DHP/RWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by classyfast View Post
Those thieves almost single-handedly raised the market price for e30 m3's and e39 M5's over the years. That kills the enthusiast market.
It's not offering these at crazy prices that's hurting enthusiast, it's them being sold at these prices.

If anybody hurting enthusiasts, it's wealthy buyers paying for these, not dealership trying to make money.
Appreciate 2
      04-08-2016, 10:40 AM   #68
rjd598
Banned
United_States
Rep

Drives: F30 340i

Garage List
2016 BMW 340i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmaiuri View Post
Fuark; mirin avi.
gracias
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2016, 11:18 AM   #69
Beartato
Major
Rep

Drives: M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvenKeel View Post
What sort of ill effects will the cars experience from not having been driven? Vehicles are not made to sit around.
Seals dry, oil breaks down, tires rot, brakes can seize. You know, bad things.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2016, 01:04 PM   #70
335ddd
Private First Class
Rep

Drives: 2011 335D SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmaiuri View Post
So you hate capitalism?
you must be missing the enthusiast market part. They make it tough for regular guys to get cars even if you find them directly at the BMW dealer WHO IS ALREADY JACKING UP the PRICE to make money. I dont have a problem one dealer making money but if 2nd one wants twice that I am not ok. This is not some barn find. taking something and doubling price is not cool to hold out for some collector. then again with bmws constant expansion into awd, automatics, FWD I dont necessarily see myself buying a new one OR an older one at new car prices. lets see how Alfa romeo giulia performs.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2016, 01:08 PM   #71
classyfast
Banned
Rep

Drives: e36m/e46m/E92 LCI 335/f30 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbb34
Quote:
Originally Posted by classyfast View Post
Those thieves almost single-handedly raised the market price for e30 m3's and e39 M5's over the years. That kills the enthusiast market.
It's not offering these at crazy prices that's hurting enthusiast, it's them being sold at these prices.

If anybody hurting enthusiasts, it's wealthy buyers paying for these, not dealership trying to make money.
Okay agree.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2016, 07:15 PM   #72
Anchored
Banned
Rep

Drives: E39

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianmartM3 View Post
Watch these end up being Takata cars.
Both of them do!

" 06/02/2015 -- Active -- Recall 15V-318 Takata Driver Side Airbag. Recall Package not ready for release. Service Information Bulletin will be published when repair becomes available. "

And while we are at it, the M3 has never had any of its other recalls or repair campaigns addressed.
Appreciate 0
      04-09-2016, 12:20 AM   #73
Vallyshy
Enlisted Member
Rep

Drives: Stock 05' E46 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by goj
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallyshy
Quote:
Originally Posted by goj
This is really cool but I would find it more fun an rewarding to buy a car in decent shape and do a restoration project. Especially if you have the disposable income to pay these prices.
Agreed, but rich dicks that can afford these cars would rather yell "shut up and take my money!!!" Lol
Fact.

Also fact, you're making me hungry with that picture of an in n out burger.
Eating a double double with animal style fries in your bimmer late night is pure bliss, try it
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2016, 12:44 AM   #74
doccyber
Captain
United_States
Rep

Drives: %D0%97%D0%B0%D1%81%D1%82%D0%B0

I will gladly pay about half of the asking price for the M5. Not a penny more.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2016, 10:35 AM   #75
stealth-twntrbo
Captain
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2020 740xi

I pulled the DCS on the e46 M3 they have listed for sale and it is a Takata Airbag effected vehicle!
Appreciate 1
      04-11-2016, 08:52 PM   #76
Fodase
Rep

Drives: 2008 M Roadster 2018 440

I just bought my M roadster from EAG. I knew I was paying over market price but it's a low mileage car in great condition with an early inspection II performed.

I went into it knowing what I was doing.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2016, 04:42 PM   #77
Notnug
America
United_States
Rep

Drives: Chevrolet Tahoe/E92 M3

I agree and also disagree with what many people are saying. I think its very unfortunate that EAG goes out and buys these cars and puts some work into them and then sell them for more than “technical” market value. HOWEVER, I give them a lot of respect. They are just a business out to make money. They have their niche and do it better than almost anyone. They are very nice guys and are very passionate about what they do.

I don't think its fair to say that "rich dicks" or other ignorant classifications are the people buying these cars. There are plenty of people that do very well for themselves and value the engineering and beauty that makes these vehicles so special and why we love them. Just because they pay more than many people think they should is not a reason to classify them as rich dicks or other ignorant terms. But yes, we all know there are some of those people out there. Like others have said, its capitalism at work. Sometimes supply and demand sucks. In this situation it does for guys like us. But capitalism is capitalism. It happens with every sought after car market at different times. It’s starting to happen.

I do think the prices for that E39 and E46 are insane. Regardless, if they can get that price for them more power to them. But I don't think it's a good thing they have so few miles.

I don’t post every often, but like I talked about above, I think its unfair to be so negative against them. They are a business that does something very special. If I was in the market for an E39 or E46 I would most likely not buy from them. This is nothing against them, I just think I can get one for a price I’m more comfortable paying. If EAG has an E46/E39 that is absolutely perfect for me, I would consider buying from them. Eventually I want to purchase one of them to keep for a long time. If this is the case, hopefully I can afford to pay a little more than whatever “market value” is for these cars in order to get my dream M3/M5.

Sorry for the rant. Just my opinion. If you are going to respond and say something ill-advised with nothing to back it up please just don't. Otherwise I would love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks guys.
      04-13-2016, 11:29 PM   #78
BeEmVe
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: '14 X1 x28i M-Sport

These guys sound like just like people who buy a house, dump some money into it, and then sell it. It is called house flipping. People do this all the time. Ever watch Pawn Stars or American Pickers?? Not really any different. I just flipped some parts. Made a whopping $20 on them.
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2016, 07:54 AM   #79
David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

If I ever wanted to get into selling used cars I would prefer to buy the best cars, I would do small things to make them better, hopefully specialize in a brand like BMW, be known for having good cars, and then try to sell them for as much as I could get for them (being in business not a charity and trying to maximize profits). In today's world, if you were to travel a long distance to buy a certain car from my lot and it was way more than the market price it would be hard to complain about it. If people told me my prices were too high I would try to work out a deal but in the end be fine with them going somewhere else.
      04-25-2016, 03:46 PM   #80
classyfast
Banned
Rep

Drives: e36m/e46m/E92 LCI 335/f30 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by davis449
Quote:
Originally Posted by 335ddd View Post
not a fan of their tactics. A Bmw dealer put an ad (not even pics posted yet) for a nice E91 recently. I contacted them within a day, left vm and an email and guess what it was gone (i followed up next day again with a sales person) . 20-21k it was a remember. guess what few weeks later 30k+ on EAG. how is enthusiast suppose to even compete or get a car thats not OVERPRICED. I mean bmw dealer had it for that price. I am sure things were checked out. but hey low volume means jack up the price for enthusiast.
Similar experience a few weeks ago when I went to buy my GF a car. There was a cherry 2011 335i M Sport Sedan (NOT a common car at all), all the options with only 60K on it in Greeville, TX. It had been on their lot maybe a day when I saw it on AutoTrader. They were selling it for $20K (a Chrysler dealer). Don't know if I really would've bought the damn thing, but I sure as hell was gonna go see it. Called the dealer two days later from Dallas to go look at it, sales guy told me some guy from FL just flew in with cash the day before and it was GONE. Same type of situation. That thing's going to one of those types of lots in FL to be sold for about $8K more than it was bought for.
Stopped reading when you said "you were buying your GF a car! That's a mistake!! Lol just messing with you. Your right though these little niche dealerships and even mainline dealerships that see these cars go up for sale pull shit like that all the time. Sucks.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2016, 04:11 PM   #81
jiggz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Drives: E90 M3|F15 X5 50i

Both cars showing 'sale pending' on EAG's website.

Regardless of their prices and how much it bothers some, they always sell.
Appreciate 0