Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

View Poll Results: Which amendment is more important?
1st amendment 23 41.82%
2nd Amendment 27 49.09%
I don't care 5 9.09%
Voters: 55. You may not vote on this poll

06-12-2019, 04:26 PM   #89
irishbimmer
Banned
Rep

Drives: Silverstone M6 CP, Bulldozer,

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
The Missouri references aren't registering but I'm sensing you are on an insult path of some sort. Hey, whatever.

Double or nothing?
Double or nothing is a proposition made by the loser of a bet.
He proposes a 2nd bet of equal value. If you accept and he loses the 2nd bet, he owes you double his previous debt. If he wins the 2nd bet, he owes you nothing.

At least you've admitted losing and no I am not interested.
Fool me twice, shame on me. I don't get fooled twice.

(To my fellow members. I apologize for my mini blowup in the previous post 74. His cataclysmic hypocrisy and paste fumes got to me)

Out.
The comment about me losing is understandable as you have made repeated attempt to rival fox in the fictitious news department. Nice try!! Regarding the double or nothing, I thought for sure after the repeated declarations of the Mueller report meaning nothing (even though unread by you) would cause you to leap at the chance to help our animal friends. I am certainly willing to donate more, should i officially lose per the rules outlined; however, my gut feels that it is you who will be donating to the cause of our furry friends and when I do see that you've made the donation because of your loss, I will match it.

By the way "furry friends" refers to the animal kingdom-dogs, cats and other house pets, and not the guys with the beards.
Appreciate 1
      06-12-2019, 08:28 PM   #90
Dave 90TT
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: BSM 6MT M4 F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by openwheelracing View Post
Please, the first amendment by far. Self explanatory.
The 1st Amendment is super important. However, the 2nd Amendment protects the 1st, which makes it more important.

Ask the protestors in Hong Kong what they think about those two amendments, or perhaps Venezuela.
Appreciate 1
DonaldPump5866.00

06-12-2019, 09:32 PM   #91
ScottyRyan2019
Licensed Professional Slacker
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW 340i xDrive and BMW X3 M40

Puuuuulease. The 1st Amendment is FIRST for a reason. All the others came after.

/Case closed.
Appreciate 1
      06-12-2019, 09:47 PM   #92
openwheelracing
Captain
Rep

Drives: 5 different 3 Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 90TT View Post
The 1st Amendment is super important. However, the 2nd Amendment protects the 1st, which makes it more important.

Ask the protestors in Hong Kong what they think about those two amendments, or perhaps Venezuela.
Nope. Not even close. Terrible logic.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2019, 08:20 AM   #93
Dave 90TT
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Nope. Not even close. Terrible logic.
So, what exactly protects the 1st Amendment, should the gov't start to turn towards tyranny?

Again, ask protestors in Hong Kong, Venezuela, or any other country where the gov't is cracking down on protests whether they would rather be armed or not.
N54Yankee1418.50

06-13-2019, 08:35 AM   #94
openwheelracing
Captain
Rep

Quote:
So, what exactly protects the 1st Amendment, should the gov't start to turn towards tyranny?

Again, ask protestors in Hong Kong, Venezuela, or any other country where the gov't is cracking down on protests whether they would rather be armed or not.
Not the 2nd amendment. Only the will of the people and the check and balance in government can uphold the 1st amendment.

Trying to lump HK together with Venezuela tells me you don't have a clue. Answer is no, they'd rather not.
      06-13-2019, 08:42 AM   #95
Dave 90TT
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Not the 2nd amendment. Only the will of the people and the check and balance in government can uphold the 1st amendment.
The will of the people is great and all, but doesn't really stand up well to tanks and armed soldiers.

Quote:
Trying to lump HK together with Venezuela tells me you don't have a clue. Answer is no, they'd rather not.
I was roommates with a guy who lived through Tienanmen Square, and have been to Hong Kong multiple times, both before and after the PRC takeover. I suspect I know a lot more than you about it.
      06-13-2019, 09:10 AM   #96
DonaldPump
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: 13' E92 BSM 335i 6MT

Remove firearms from the populace and watch your range of acceptable discourse shrink overnight.
Hebrews 4:12
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2019, 09:13 AM   #97
openwheelracing
Captain
Rep

Quote:
The will of the people is great and all, but doesn't really stand up well to tanks and armed soldiers.

I was roommates with a guy who lived through Tienanmen Square, and have been to Hong Kong multiple times, both before and after the PRC takeover. I suspect I know a lot more than you about it.
Hence we also need check and balance in gov. The whole tanks and soldier is pure fiction fantasy by the crazy. Founding fathers couldn't spell tank in the 1700s. Your AR doesn't stand a chance against the Democratic Pelosi army anyway. Hail to General Sanders? LOL

That's nice you have somewhat traveled and had a roommate in life. However, you are not even close.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2019, 09:17 AM   #98
Dave 90TT
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Hence we also need check and balance in gov. The whole tanks and soldier is pure fiction fantasy by the crazy. Founding fathers couldn't spell tank in the 1700s. Your AR doesn't stand a chance against the Democratic Pelosi army anyway. Hail to General Sanders? LOL

That's nice you have somewhat traveled and had a roommate in life. However, you are not even close.
Sure, buddy, sure. That's cute that you like to denigrate posters by using diminutive terms like 'nice'. I hope you can see what I did there.

The Founding Fathers also couldn't spell 'internet' in the 1700's, and yet, the 1st Amendment applies to the internet. Weird how that is.

As for whether an AR can stand up to a tyrannical gov't, it is 1. better than nothing, and 2. seems to have done okay in various conflicts around the world in the arms of people fighting the gov't.
      06-13-2019, 09:45 AM   #99
DonaldPump
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: 13' E92 BSM 335i 6MT

Attached Images

Hebrews 4:12
Appreciate 1
      06-13-2019, 07:11 PM   #100
Jockey
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Drives: F80 SS/SS M3

Quote:
Neither do civilians armed with semi-automatic rifles or anything else you can buy at your local gun store.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2019, 07:52 PM   #101
Dave 90TT
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jockey View Post
Neither do civilians armed with semi-automatic rifles or anything else you can buy at your local gun store.
Actually, yes, they do. Just ask the Taliban, or the VC, or plenty of other insurgent groups.

This would be compounded in the US by a solid amount of the US military sympathizing with the citizens. Sure there would be soldiers that carryout orders no questions asked, but there would also be a significant percentage that would question the legality of the orders.
      06-13-2019, 07:57 PM   #102
openwheelracing
Captain
Rep

SMH.

Now you want to be like the Talibans.

SMH

Let's face it, the crazy people are the ones hoarding guns dreaming of fighting Pelosi Army and General Sanders.

Crazies.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2019, 08:01 PM   #103
Dave 90TT
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
SMH.

Now you want to be like the Talibans.

SMH

Let's face it, the crazy people are the ones hoarding guns dreaming of fighting Pelosi Army and General Sanders.

Crazies.
Holy shit. You are incredibly fucking stupid to think that just because I used the Taliban as an example of waging a semi-successful guerilla campaign, that I want to be like the Taliban.

I've actually fought, shot, and got shot at by Taliban. What have you done?

Go sip your triple caramel half decaf latte and scurry back to r/ChapoTrapHouse or r/LateStageCapitalism where you clearly belong, and people will believe your bullshit.
      06-13-2019, 08:02 PM   #104
openwheelracing
Captain
Rep

Quote:

The Founding Fathers also couldn't spell 'internet' in the 1700's, and yet, the 1st Amendment applies to the internet. Weird how that is.
Nice try. Big fail.

The founding fathers could literally spell A B and C. Either you see the big fail or you are scratching your head with fuzzy logic again.
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2019, 08:03 PM   #105
openwheelracing
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Holy shit. You are incredibly fucking stupid to think that just because I used the Taliban as an example of waging a semi-successful guerilla campaign, that I want to be like the Taliban.

I've actually fought, shot, and got shot at by Taliban. What have you done?

Go sip your triple caramel half decaf latte and scurry back to r/ChapoTrapHouse or r/LateStageCapitalism where you clearly belong, and people will believe your bullshit.
Snowflake alert.

Triggered!!
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2019, 08:03 PM   #106
Dave 90TT
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Nice try. Big fail.

The founding fathers could literally spell A B and C. Either you see the big fail or you are scratching your head with fuzzy logic again.
Scurry off, now, little man. r/ChapoTrapHouse will appreciate you.
      06-13-2019, 08:04 PM   #107
Dave 90TT
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Snowflake alert.

Triggered!!
Scurry, scurry.
      06-13-2019, 08:05 PM   #108
CigarPundit
On the road to serfdom
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2018 F80 M3 DCT, 2019 Raptor

Garage List
2018 F80 M3 DCT  [0.00]
Those who think the 2A is no longer relevant/important because the military is so much better armed than the civilian population are not seeing the big picture. There are numerous examples demonstrating how difficult it is to control an armed population. There are WAY more civilians than there are soldiers...and weíre everywhere. We donít wear uniforms and there is no way to know who is hostile and armed and who isnít. Sure, the army will likely win discreet battles where they come in force with an objective to take a certain area, but we donít have an army big enough to occupy the entire country with 350 million people in it.

Moreover, if the government were to become authoritarian to the point of inspiring armed resistance, the armed forces themselves would have some tough decisions to make. Do we start bombing civilian neighborhoods? Do we start breaking down doors and occupying homes in violation of law and the Constitution, all the while killing civilians? How far do you think U.S. soldiers would go against the American civilian population? Do we decimate our own infrastructure and factories in order to control an armed population in rebellion against a government that has no legitimate claim to Constitutional authority?

The 2A is about ensuring the consent of the governed and keeping the government in check. The left is all about control. Thatís why they want the guns; because they know Goddamn well that if the populace is armed they are incredibly difficult to control except through consent obtained by legitimate political process.
DonaldPump5866.00
arkie6317.50

06-13-2019, 08:09 PM   #109
openwheelracing
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Scurry, scurry.
Don't you make fun of my peers again, plenty of coffee served during my time in service. Any of them can kick your hurt feeling in a heart beat.

Now where is my talk latte?
Appreciate 0
      06-13-2019, 08:10 PM   #110
Dave 90TT
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Don't you make fun of my peers again, plenty of coffee served during my time in service. Any of them can kick your hurt feeling in a heart beat.

Now where is my talk latte?
Scurry off, little man. Adults are talking.