Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

04-07-2019, 12:40 PM   #23
RickFLM4
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by quick View Post
Not trying to stir a pot here, just trying to understand the theory why Trump is refusing/reluctant to release his and what that means for us US residents? So what If I get sued and the other party wants to see my personal/business tax returns. Can I take the same stand and not release them and If I have to release mine, why can't we make him release his?*
If you get sued, it depends on what the judge rules.

Trump doesn’t want to release his returns because as soon as they are released, there will be many groups of politically-motivated people, both inside and outside government, dissecting them and speculating whatever they choose to speculate and spread dispersions through the press. We have already seen this happen without the tax returns. Has anyone responding in this thread actually reviewed materials released by past presidents / candidates and learned anything useful, or simply glanced at a headline about them (and maybe not even that)?
2000cs965.50

04-07-2019, 03:06 PM   #24
MrRoboto
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Drives: VO 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by ****** View Post
I know you’re not the president, but I’d like a copy of your tax return, please... better yet, post it here... if you don’t, it’s proof you have something to hide.
I am not an elected official. See the difference
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2019, 03:12 PM   #25
MrRoboto
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc100 View Post
I realize I am feeding a Troll.

But if you were the President and a bunch of Howling wolves wanted to see your thousands of page return and then hire 100 auditors to go over it..and you released you would be......I can't say what I am thinking bc I don't want to get banned again

I'll say it more gentle: you could never rise to a very high position in the coporate world
Trump owes ALL of his success to his father.
Appreciate 1
      04-07-2019, 03:12 PM   #26
adc100
Major
Rep

Drives: 2018 Forester XT

Quote:
Originally Posted by David70 View Post
Then he promised he would show them many times so I feel like he should follow through, like anyone else that makes promises, if you don't want to do something just say you aren't interested.
He never promised to reveal them

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
I am not an elected official. See the difference
No. Politicians don't release their tax returns. Presidents "may" but are not required to. Keep trying you might somehow stumble on a correct thought.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2019, 03:23 PM   #27
MrRoboto
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eriphill View Post
He's 'hiding' something that the federal government has full knowledge of because said information would have been disclosed to the IRS. Hard to fight with that logic lol
So what if the IRS has knowledge of this tax returns. Do you think the IRS has shared the contents with other departments.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2019, 01:47 AM   #28
glennQNYC
2006 TIME Person Of The Year
United_States
Rep

Drives: M Sport 335i

Garage List
2014 335i  [4.87]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
Trump owes ALL of his success to his father.
I'm not sure this checks out. How did his father help him succeed in his television career? How did his father help him become President of the United States?
      04-08-2019, 06:50 AM   #29
David70
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc100 View Post
He never promised to reveal them
Trump -
“I’m under a routine audit and it'll be released, and as soon as the audit is finished it will be released."

2014 - "If I decide to run for office, I'll produce my tax returns, absolutely. And I would love to do that," he said in an interview with Ireland's TV3.

Would you like me to include all of the other Trump tweets and what he has said about his returns?

04-08-2019, 07:43 AM   #30
adc100
Major
Rep

Drives: 2018 Forester XT

Quote:
Originally Posted by David70 View Post
Trump -
“I’m under a routine audit and it'll be released, and as soon as the audit is finished it will be released."

2014 - "If I decide to run for office, I'll produce my tax returns, absolutely. And I would love to do that," he said in an interview with Ireland's TV3.

Would you like me to include all of the other Trump tweets and what he has said about his returns?
Nope

I guess though what changed was the nature of the vicious attacks upon the President and his team. If I were in his position and saw the evolment of Democratic firing squads focusing on only destroying this administration by weponizing these committees I can certainly understand why he he changed his mind.

No one could ever dream that the Dems would find ways to "punish" people by the Weaponization of the Government. The last straw referring criminal prosecution to Democratic Friendly areas of the State of New York.

Some day "We The People" mindful of 2nd Amendment Rights may have to act as the "Last Resort" as enumerated in the Origional "Declaration of Independence"
Appreciate 1

04-08-2019, 07:47 AM   #31
hooligan_COLD
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
Rep

Drives: '15 X1 35i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by NormanConquest View Post
Why would a third party ask for your tax returns, taxes is solely the business of the individual and the government and if something was wrong with it we have government agency that handle those matters.

Define "wrong" in that scenario, please?
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2019, 07:52 AM   #32
NormanConquest
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan_COLD View Post
Define "wrong" in that scenario, please?
Meaning illegal or failure to disclose or report.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2019, 08:20 AM   #33
hooligan_COLD
Rep

Quote:
Meaning illegal or failure to disclose or report.
OK. From a governmental perspective, can you imagine anything that might be cause for concern within his tax disclosures that wouldn't be illegal?
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2019, 08:31 AM   #34
NormanConquest
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
OK. From a governmental perspective, can you imagine anything that might be cause for concern within his tax disclosures that wouldn't be illegal?
Ok from a government perspective if your so against someone that you have agent trying to conspire against him during the election and their was something illegal in his tax return wouldn't you have leak it by now.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2019, 08:34 AM   #35
hooligan_COLD
Rep

Quote:
Ok from a government perspective if your so against someone that you have agent trying to conspire against him during the election and their was something illegal in his tax return wouldn't you have leak it by now.
We're no longer talking about something in the return that would violate law, though.

I'm asking if you can't think of anything that would concern you about a politician's taxes/financial reality that might not actually cross the threshold into illegality.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2019, 09:34 AM   #36
NormanConquest
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
We're no longer talking about something in the return that would violate law, though.

I'm asking if you can't think of anything that would concern you about a politician's taxes/financial reality that might not actually cross the threshold into illegality.
Nope, nor would I care. Just like I don't care Amazon legally paid 0 dollars in taxes via using theee tax incentives
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2019, 09:39 AM   #37
DonaldPump
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: 13' E92 BSM 335i 6MT

collusion blew up in their faces so here we are back at the tax returns again. Rounnnd and rounnnnd we go.
Hebrews 4:12
Appreciate 1
glennQNYC5424.50

04-08-2019, 09:45 AM   #38
hooligan_COLD
Rep

Quote:
Nope, nor would I care. Just like I don't care Amazon legally paid 0 dollars in taxes via using theee tax incentives
So, if Obama donated large sums of money to a Muslim charity that was rumored to have ties to terrorist groups - which is completely legal - that wouldn't have concerned you?
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2019, 09:52 AM   #39
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Drives: 135i DCT

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterF80M3 View Post
He doesn't want to release his tax return or else it will expose what his real net worth is.

“It was my experience that Mr. Trump inflated his total assets when it served his purposes, such as trying to be listed amongst the wealthiest people in Forbes,” Cohen said, “and deflated his assets to reduce his real estate taxes.”
I believe they (his tax returns) may open him up to bank fraud charges. He can't help but lie. Lying to the US public is one thing. Lying on financial documents and tax forms is very different. My bet is his tax returns will be accurate, he won't be what he claims wealth-wise, and on loan documents he will have been shown to have lied. Fraud. Manafort is doing hard time for that.
      04-08-2019, 10:11 AM   #40
NormanConquest
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
So, if Obama donated large sums of money to a Muslim charity that was rumored to have ties to terrorist groups - which is completely legal - that wouldn't have concerned you?
Obama donated a large sum of money to Iran. As all good Democrats
it wasn't his own money.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2019, 10:12 AM   #41
.2pdk
Banned
Rep

Drives: M2 LCI

Quote:
Aha!

I knew he was a terrorist supporter.
Appreciate 1
      04-08-2019, 10:12 AM   #42
NormanConquest
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Dodger View Post
I believe they (his tax returns) may open him up to bank fraud charges. He can't help but lie. Lying to the US public is one thing. Lying on financial documents and tax forms is very different. My bet is his tax returns will be accurate, he won't be what he claims wealth-wise, and on loan documents he will have been shown to have lied. Fraud. Manafort is doing hard time for that.
and yet Muller didn't discover that.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2019, 10:13 AM   #43
NormanConquest
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:

Considering Muller found nothing when he was prosecuting people for tax fraud make it quite clear Trump is in the up and up despite what the media and Democrats say.
Appreciate 0
      04-08-2019, 10:23 AM   #44
hooligan_COLD
Rep

Quote:
Considering Muller found nothing when he was prosecuting people for tax fraud make it quite clear Trump is in the up and up despite what the media and Democrats say.
Why do you keep going back to illegal actions after I have repeatedly asked about things that are legal?

So, if Trump owed significant money to Chinese banks that are strongly connected to the government, you would see no reason for concern there?
Appreciate 1