New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

05-11-2022, 08:06 PM   #1
getsituated91
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: BMW M4

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, was offered W204 C63 + cash for my f82

Hey folks, I was presented with a trade offer.

His:
- 2013 W204 C63 AMG Sedan with P31 package (performance with LSD), untuned
- 100k miles
- Receipts on throttle body cleaning, oil can can, PCV valve, full front PPF recently done, fuel injectors done, new billet pulleys, apple carplay with touch screen retrofit, recent transmission service.
-Incoming parts he will throw in (about 2k install total): right and left valve cover gaskets, both exhaust cams, SLS valve buckets
-Coils and spark plugs will need to be done soon.
- His 17.5k cash.

My:
- 2015 F82 M4 Base (non-competition, but loaded base with all packages minus full leather), untuned
- 70k miles
- Needs new bumper ($2k or so)
- Has maxcare warranty for 2 more years. Potential new owner said he would forego it, allowing me to get ~1.8k back due to pro-rating.
- Crankhub untouched
- LCI ikon Headlights retrofitted, BMS exhaust tips and carbon diffuser

How's this trade offer sound? I'm finding it hard to get an accurate idea on the fairness of this, as its very difficult to accurately price a 2013 C63 with 100k miles (market is currently flooded according to owners I've messaged and with offers coming in at ~5k under their asking prices). I know the floor is at 23k (trade-in value), but that's at about it. I know my f82 will get somewhere between 44-46k and it has been bulletproof so there's only a few reasons I'm considering this offer:

- Curb depreciation as the C63 is closer to its depreciation floor (main reason)

- Never experienced an AMG

- Exhaust note

Other than that, my f82 has a generation's update worth of creature comforts that I love as this is my daily driver, but when the car market bubble pops, I'd really rather not take a 10k hit in value if it does end up being that extreme. Other than that, I have no idea how the AMG be on maintenance from this point, but the car looks incredible for a 100k car. Better than most used cars with 30-40k miles at a dealership.

Any thoughts, fellas? Would appreciate hearing your opinions to make a more well-informed decision!
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2022, 09:04 PM   #2
XutvJet
Major General
Rep

Drives: 2011 Cayman Base, 2016 M235

Nope.
      05-12-2022, 06:32 AM   #3
Burrcold
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: 2024 BMW M3 Comp xDrive

I wouldn't even though I think the W204 is the best C63 Benz has made.
      05-12-2022, 07:40 AM   #4
kyriian
Captain
Rep

Drives: 06 Black Sapphire Z4MR

Garage List
2014 BMW X5  [0.00]
2011 Scion tC  [0.00]
I had a W204 C63, and even I say no. For one thing extra mileage is extra mileage, even with the P31 pack, it is no longer a collector with that kinda mileage.

The late cars don't have the headbolt issue so you are good there.

Not sure how concerned you are with tire wear/fuel economy, I cannot get below 14L/100km mixed city/highway driving and that's with my wife driving
It eats tires, I got maybe 6000 miles on the rear tires, and I have adjustable rear camber arms to get maximum tire life, narrow tires and lots of torque is not helpful.

While it is a great cruiser with lots of character and that amazing exhaust note that gets all sorts of attention. It is also far easier to handle in the snow than it sounds (my wife drove it for 2 and a half years through summer, winter). Mercs just don't have the level of driving engagement as a BMW.

The best way to describe my experience of the W204 is that it is a sledgehammer. BMW is more like a scalpel, both will kill you, just differently.

I will return to the track, one day.
Appreciate 1
AlexFL7833.00
      05-12-2022, 02:11 PM   #5
getsituated91
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyriian View Post
I had a W204 C63, and even I say no. For one thing extra mileage is extra mileage, even with the P31 pack, it is no longer a collector with that kinda mileage.

The late cars don't have the headbolt issue so you are good there.

Not sure how concerned you are with tire wear/fuel economy, I cannot get below 14L/100km mixed city/highway driving and that's with my wife driving
It eats tires, I got maybe 6000 miles on the rear tires, and I have adjustable rear camber arms to get maximum tire life, narrow tires and lots of torque is not helpful.

While it is a great cruiser with lots of character and that amazing exhaust note that gets all sorts of attention. It is also far easier to handle in the snow than it sounds (my wife drove it for 2 and a half years through summer, winter). Mercs just don't have the level of driving engagement as a BMW.

The best way to describe my experience of the W204 is that it is a sledgehammer. BMW is more like a scalpel, both will kill you, just differently.
Having now driven it + the f82, the driving engagement definirely is…different. You’re 100% accurate on the scalpel and hammer comparison. Microadjustments on the f82 are easy and the c63 is well.. brutal but in a good way.

Unfortunately, my F82 isn’t really a collectors item at 70k miles either haha. I’m pretty prepared for the fuel and tires (it comes with 275s and honestly the wider the better), the biggest concern for me at that point is even with all the preventative maintenance done, what else breaks at 100k? I put on about 8k miles a year daily driving these cars.

Last edited by getsituated91; 05-12-2022 at 04:01 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2022, 11:31 AM   #6
SteveinArizona
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW 530e

Depends on what you want from a car. Want straight-out power...go for the Benz. Want handling through the twisties, stick with the BMW.
Appreciate 1
S1nner118.00