BMW X5 and X6 Forum 2014-Current
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

09-27-2020, 08:48 PM   #1
anthonyc4242
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 M240i

Exclamation Difficult finding a CPO X535d?

Is it just me or is it difficult to find these cars certified? Even on the BMW CPO website there's no longer an option for trim or milage making it virtually impossible to locate one without searching dealer to dealer.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Thank you in advance!
      09-28-2020, 03:34 PM   #2
Rightley
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5d, Sold - 2011 335D

I just had this problem myself. I found Cars.com to be a much better place to search then when I found something interesting, I would search the VIN on the BMW CPO site to get a better idea of the actual options, as dealer listings weren't usually so clear. It took me months of watching and waiting to fins exactly what I want, but this past Saturday I finally pulled the trigger on a '17 X5d with M Sport package. Have patience. Also a tip, when searching on Cars.com, don't rely on the trim selection filter to find an X5d. I saw many d's that were listed as "base or unknown". Instead scroll down to the fuel option. Check "unknown" first after setting the other appropriate filters you want. There are often a few that will come up with "unknown" as the fuel type but for some reason those usually state the trim in the title for the listing. If you don't see any d's there, then unselect "unknown" fuel type and select "diesel".

Be patient, your car X5d is out there.
Appreciate 1
ithatel17.00
      10-09-2020, 10:09 AM   #3
fly4foodm4fun
Rep
Drives: 2009 e93 M3

I use car gurus to search. I have had good luck with them in the past. My search parameters were nationwide just to get an idea of the market.

I was looking for an 2018 CPO M Sport. The more particular you are with the options the more difficult it will be ...

After several months of shopping I found something a 4 hour drive from the house. I called and made a deal over the phone, including a trade in, left a deposit over the phone and wasn't able to actually go pick it up for a week. When I did finally get the chance to go pick it up the sales person mentioned that the car was like a unicorn, they had been getting 4-5 calls per day.

You will likely need to pull the trigger quickly when you find something.

Good Luck
Appreciate 0