New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition

05-29-2023, 07:59 AM   #1
floridaorange
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2013 bmw 320i xdrive

High Volume Days

So I've been adding a high volume day twice a week with deadlifts and squats (on separate days). 6 sets of 10/12 @ 80% of my 1 rep max for each particular set is with no more than 2 minutes rest between sets. Got this protocol from a Huberman podcast when he talked with the trainer for the MMA.

For squats that 6 sets at 225lbs - I just keep this weight to avoid injury to be honest. (not including 2 warm up sets).

For deadlifts 275lbs.

After those, youre supposed to pretty much stop lifting. I normally will do one more exercise, like military press. Then I'll go do some ab work, because that's what I always do.

Anyway, this has really been working well. I've definitely noticed an increase in lean muscle and higher energy levels. The idea behind these is to force your body to release growth hormone due to the higher metabolic stress.

Of course form has to be really dialed in, as well as breathing. These sets are totally exhausting, but super efficient.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Sounds pizzagatey.
Appreciate 0