Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

View Poll Results: Will Donald Trump be Impeached or will this blowback on Biden
Orange Trump bad. Trump gone. 81 31.89%
Trump Trump-umphant. 87 34.25%
Inclusive 18 7.09%
Biden C4'd to oblivion. 74 29.13%
Biden grows in strength and gets shot in the arm for nomination. 10 3.94%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 254. You may not vote on this poll

11-14-2019, 09:18 AM   #2289
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Drives: 135i DCT

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Trump supporters never like a fact Check!

https://apnews.com/08dd50fd26b6498b8f79ab2dbf023f7f

WASHINGTON (AP) — Congressional Republicans pressed the discredited theory that Ukraine meddled in the 2016 U.S. election in defending President Donald Trump in Wednesday's impeachment hearings.

A look at some of the remarks in the House Intelligence Committee proceeding:
      11-14-2019, 09:19 AM   #2290
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep

Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [2.63]
I'm going to do something that I have yet to see Trump do: Admit that I was incorrect.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 3
detroitm21327.00
MKSixer18464.50

11-14-2019, 09:21 AM   #2291
Teufel_Hunden
Teufel Hunden
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2013 M3 6MT LMB ZCP

Hmmmmm
Attached Images

MKSixer18464.50
arkie6353.00

11-14-2019, 09:26 AM   #2292
detroitm2
Major
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2018 M2

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
I'm going to do something that I have yet to see Trump do: Admit that I was incorrect.
Technically speaking, he did admit to "improperly managing funds" with regards to the charity situation.

But I appreciate you admitting it when you were wrong/misled by the media.

Appreciate 0
      11-14-2019, 09:36 AM   #2293
TheWatchGuy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan_COLD View Post
Semantics.

"Intentionally misusing charitable donations for your political campaign, instead" is what most folks would consider "stealing" in a general moral sense. Perhaps not according to the letter of the law, but we're not lawyers. I'm not at least, I have no idea what you do for a living.
the problem is not that the money didnt reach the vets, its that the money was disbursed to vet groups via his campaign, not via his foundation. This is what he was fined for.

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2019, 09:36 AM   #2294
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Drives: as many as possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroitm2 View Post
Technically speaking, he did admit to "improperly managing funds" with regards to the charity situation.

But I appreciate you admitting it when you were wrong/misled by the media.

I stated this yesterday and all I got in return was "Not true" and something about a stolen car.

But yeah, good for KOJ. If only a certain someone who has a horrible record of Wrong could do the same.
Lol...ain't never gonna happen.
      11-14-2019, 09:37 AM   #2295
hooligan_COLD
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
Rep

Drives: '15 X1 35i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatchGuy View Post
the problem is not that the money didnt reach the vets, its that the money was disbursed to vet groups via his campaign, not via his foundation. This is what he was fined for.
The problem is that he moved charitable donations to his campaign accounts in the first place. No?
Appreciate 1
      11-14-2019, 09:49 AM   #2296
TheWatchGuy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
The problem is that he moved charitable donations to his campaign accounts in the first place. No?
the problem is he is an idiot. but the funds made it to the intended parties and nothing was stolen.

"State Supreme Court Justice Saliann Scarpulla, in her Nov. 7 court order, wrote that the $2.8 million donated to the Trump Foundation “was used for Mr. Trump’s political campaign and disbursed by Mr. Trump’s campaign staff, rather than by the Foundation,” in violation of state law. However, she acknowledged that “the Funds did ultimately reach their intended destinations, i.e., charitable organizations supporting veterans.”"

Appreciate 3
MKSixer18464.50

11-14-2019, 09:50 AM   #2297
glennQNYC
2006 TIME Person Of The Year
United_States
Rep

Drives: M Sport 335i

Garage List
2014 335i  [4.87]
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by glennQNYC View Post
Your post doesn't contradict my point. The funding wasn't "held up" by my definition of the phrase. The Executive Branch has a window of time to distribute the funding; and the funding was distributed before the deadline. The President is required to provide the funding by date certain; and it was. This simply is a non issue.

This is akin to the President receiving a bill on Nov 1, paying it on Nov 10, when the due date is Nov 15. Democrats want to call it corrupt that he didn't pay the bill when he received it... but he did pay it before the due date. This is why the President's act doesn't fit my definition of being held up. I wouldn't say I "held up" paying a bill when I indeed paid the bill before the due date.

Democrats can't say there's a violation when the funding was paid within the period allowed. That's my only point here.
If we knew nothing of the events that transpired between those dates, I would agree with you. However, we know exactly what was going on and why the aid was being held up. It's in the President's own words on the transcript he released himself.

Additionally, the timeline points to the funds being paid only after the WH got wind of the whistleblower claim.

Here's something very telling to me: If the WH was so confident they were doing the right thing by withholding the funds, why not keep withholding them? If it's because they were "rooting out corruption in Ukraine," that's not a notion that was resolved in the weeks between when they were supposed to release the funds and when they did release them. If you believe what you're doing is right, stand behind it and make a statement saying so. The President did not ask for the Ukrainian government to investigate corruption, he asked them to SAY they were investigating Biden. Only. Isn't that just a little curious? That's the only investigation he wants?

It's crystal clear to anyone without a political bias what was happening. Not one person who has testified, publicly or privately, has corroborated the WH sequence of events. Even those who thought they were helping to bolster the WH angle have admitted they were, in fact, holding up the aid.
You and others obviously don't share the same opinion, but for me this topic of Ukrainian support funding begins and ends with the fact that nothing done was illegal or even wrong. The haters didn't like the way our President managed the funds, but the fact is he was acting within the authorities granted to the office. Non issue.
      11-14-2019, 09:52 AM   #2298
KingOfJericho
Major General
United_States
Rep

Drives: Yes

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [2.63]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
I stated this yesterday and all I got in return was "Not true" and something about a stolen car.

But yeah, good for KOJ. If only a certain someone who has a horrible record of Wrong could do the same.
Lol...ain't never gonna happen.
I still want my car back.

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude Hemi | 2010 S4 Sold | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Sold
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2019, 09:54 AM   #2299
hooligan_COLD
Rep

Quote:
the problem is he is an idiot. but the funds made it to the intended parties and nothing was stolen.

"State Supreme Court Justice Saliann Scarpulla, in her Nov. 7 court order, wrote that the $2.8 million donated to the Trump Foundation “was used for Mr. Trump’s political campaign and disbursed by Mr. Trump’s campaign staff, rather than by the Foundation,” in violation of state law. However, she acknowledged that “the Funds did ultimately reach their intended destinations, i.e., charitable organizations supporting veterans.”"
I'd be mildly interested in the timing of the movement of funds vs. actual disbursement - could be that they knew they were caught and had an "oh, shit!" moment that prompted them to cough up the money to the charities. That's complete speculation on my part, though. Possible, but nothing to indicate it actually happened that way.

Appreciate 0
      11-14-2019, 10:04 AM   #2300
TheWatchGuy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
I'd be mildly interested in the timing of the movement of funds vs. actual disbursement - could be that they knew they were caught and had an "oh, shit!" moment that prompted them to cough up the money to the charities. That's complete speculation on my part, though. Possible, but nothing to indicate it actually happened that way.

my guess is he or someone working for him got confused and thought it was a campaign fundraiser. if you believe the articles about it, he was supposed to have a campaign fundraiser the same day but cancelled for this event.

donations get allocated to the campaign, someone figures out what happened, the full $ amount of donations goes to vets.

Appreciate 1
      11-14-2019, 10:09 AM   #2301
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Quote:

"State Supreme Court Justice Saliann Scarpulla, in her Nov. 7 court order, wrote that the $2.8 million donated to the Trump Foundation "was used for Mr. Trump's political campaign and disbursed by Mr. Trump's campaign staff, rather than by the Foundation," in violation of state law. However, she acknowledged that "the Funds did ultimately reach their intended destinations, i.e., charitable organizations supporting veterans.""

Kind of like the argument from yesterday?

The money eventually got there?
      11-14-2019, 10:19 AM   #2302
NormanConquest
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: 340i

Day one and the leading witness is a i heard from my uncle cousin friend who heard from his x girlfriend who heard from the bum on the street who heard from an antifa protestor that trump did this

Day 1
View post on imgur.com
Appreciate 5
MKSixer18464.50
N54Yankee2015.50
glennQNYC6425.50
arkie6353.00
NickyC5588.00

11-14-2019, 10:42 AM   #2303
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep

Drives: E90 325i Arctic

Quote:
It will buff right out, don't worry
Appreciate 2
MKSixer18464.50

11-14-2019, 10:53 AM   #2304
TheWatchGuy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
it identifies as my car now

Appreciate 5
UncleWede8883.00
detroitm21327.00
MKSixer18464.50
Now_Rudi6607.00

11-14-2019, 11:28 AM   #2305
Poiseuille
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2016 M4 DCT Tanzanite/Amaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Blood View Post
Trump supporters never like a fact Check!

https://apnews.com/08dd50fd26b6498b8f79ab2dbf023f7f

WASHINGTON (AP) — Congressional Republicans pressed the discredited theory that Ukraine meddled in the 2016 U.S. election in defending President Donald Trump in Wednesday's impeachment hearings.

A look at some of the remarks in the House Intelligence Committee proceeding:
fact check?
sadly, this appears to be another instance of RD not actually reading the articles he links to.
for example, the short bit included in your post describes a "..discredited theory".
after 90 seconds of further reading in the article that changes to "...unsubstantiated theory" before it peters out altogether.
anyway, open-minded fellow that I am, perhaps you can provide a link to an actual investigation that ever reached a conclusion regarding Ukraine in this context?
Robert Mueller's only comment on the subject, twenty-seven million dollars later, was only a partially audible ".... not in my purview".
so disappointing.
Appreciate 4
MKSixer18464.50
N54Yankee2015.50
arkie6353.00

11-14-2019, 11:31 AM   #2306
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poiseuille View Post
fact check?
sadly, this appears to be another instance of RD not actually reading the articles he links to.
for example, the short bit included in your post describes a "..discredited theory".
after 90 seconds of further reading in the article that changes to "...unsubstantiated theory" before it peters out altogether.
anyway, open-minded fellow that I am, perhaps you can provide a link to an actual investigation that ever reached a conclusion regarding Ukraine in this context?
Robert Mueller's only comment on the subject, twenty-seven million dollars later, was only a partially audible ".... not in my purview".
so disappointing.
I stand by the article. As I stated, Trump supporters don't like fact checks.

As far as Ukraine goes, show us. Is it the NYT article that tells us there may have been some Ukraine meddling, that doesn't come close to the scope of the Russian meddling?
      11-14-2019, 11:44 AM   #2307
Poiseuille
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2016 M4 DCT Tanzanite/Amaro

Quote:
Quote:
fact check?
so disappointing.
I stand by the article. As I stated, Trump supporters don't like fact checks.

As far as Ukraine goes, show us. Is it the NYT article that tells us there may have been some Ukraine meddling, that doesn't come close to the scope of the Russian meddling?
ummmm, that's why there needs to be an investigation.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2019, 11:46 AM   #2308
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Sure, and thats why we also need to investigate Alice's claims about a rabbit hole...........Maybe we need to investigate why ACME is biased against Wiley E Coyote.........same relevence.

Of course, Trump believes that. He believed Putin over our own intellignece services.
      11-14-2019, 11:57 AM   #2309
TheWatchGuy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Sure, and thats why we also need to investigate Alice's claims about a rabbit hole...........Maybe we need to investigate why ACME is biased against Wiley E Coyote.........same relevence.

Of course, Trump believes that. He believed Putin over our own intellignece services.
considering several of these trump investigations started with less, yes. hell, kavanaugh's investigations started with even less and they wanted him hanged for it.

if you really want the corruption to stop, you should investigate everything regardless of which side it can hurt. if you are a hypocrite and really only care about stopping trump, then yes, your current playbook is correct.

Appreciate 5
glennQNYC6425.50
N54Yankee2015.50
Poiseuille3875.50
arkie6353.00

11-14-2019, 12:00 PM   #2310
hooligan_COLD
Rep

Quote:
Ummmmmm, investigations need probable cause to justify them.

Where's the PC?
Appreciate 1