Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-09-2018, 07:43 PM   #309
Sea-Tac
Major
Sea-Tac's Avatar
United_States
1377
Rep
1,492
Posts

 
Drives: 2108 X3 xDrive30i
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Bellevue, Wa

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
I hope not, justice needs to be blind and punishment equally given out.

My biggest problem with Trump is he does appear to have some really shitty people surrounding him in various ways. I guess you can't get to the point he does without them, but it's quite disheartening.
I'm not a Trump fan by a long shot, but I do respect the office of the presidency and all that the executive function entails. I believe if Trump had more political experience, lets say, as Mayor of NY for a term, or even governor of the state I think he would have gained enough political acumen to be more judicious in his selection of staff. You're right. He has some pretty shitty people in his presidential orbit.
Appreciate 1
Lups10829.50

      08-09-2018, 08:11 PM   #310
NickyC
Major General
NickyC's Avatar
4937
Rep
5,483
Posts

 
Drives: YMB M4, has a roof though. :(
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Somewhere I don't want to be

iTrader: (17)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea-Tac View Post
I'm not a Trump fan by a long shot, but I do respect the office of the presidency and all that the executive function entails. I believe if Trump had more political experience, lets say, as Mayor of NY for a term, or even governor of the state I think he would have gained enough political acumen to be more judicious in his selection of staff. You're right. He has some pretty shitty people in his presidential orbit.
It's sad honestly, there are so many good and honest people out there who would be great for this country if they served in these offices. How many jerkoffs have already rotated out of there since he took office? Then to make matters worse he bitches over Twitter about some of his OWN appointees! I mean wtf man lol

Oh well, we'll see what happens with Manafort. If he's convicted of the charges and Trump pardons him I don't think I could be more revolted.
Appreciate 3
Sea-Tac1376.50
Lups10829.50

      08-09-2018, 08:21 PM   #311
bbbbmw
Major General
2359
Rep
6,083
Posts

 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Southwest

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by insanecoder View Post
YAWN!

Have we found ANY collusion
YET?????

Wake me up when theres something LEGIT
First, let's call is "conspiracy" which is the legal term. "Collusion" is just a word Trump likes to tweet and has no legal value.

Second, please define when you would like us to wake you up:

1) Proven conspiracy between any US citizen and the Russians to influence our elections.

2) Proven conspiracy between members of Trump's campaign and the Russians to influence our elections.

3) Proven conspiracy between members of Trump's family and the Russians to influence our elections.

4) Proven conspiracy between Trump and the Russians to influence our elections.
And when any of those happen, feel free to wake us.
__________________
<OO (llll)(llll) OO>
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2018, 08:24 PM   #312
bbbbmw
Major General
2359
Rep
6,083
Posts

 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Southwest

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by are0lies View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post
"Wumming?"
The verb form of WUM (Wind-Up Merchant), a predominantly online phenomena of espousing contrary viewpoints purely to string people along and get a reaction from others. A mild-mannered form of trolling.
Like the person on this forum - SumWhineyBitchGuy? I had him figured for a Wumman.
__________________
<OO (llll)(llll) OO>
Appreciate 1
PA135ii227.50

      08-09-2018, 10:30 PM   #313
Sea-Tac
Major
Sea-Tac's Avatar
United_States
1377
Rep
1,492
Posts

 
Drives: 2108 X3 xDrive30i
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Bellevue, Wa

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
It's sad honestly, there are so many good and honest people out there who would be great for this country if they served in these offices. How many jerkoffs have already rotated out of there since he took office? Then to make matters worse he bitches over Twitter about some of his OWN appointees! I mean wtf man lol

Oh well, we'll see what happens with Manafort. If he's convicted of the charges and Trump pardons him I don't think I could be more revolted.
I see it like this...

Trump pardoned Arpaio for a misdemeanor, i.e, criminal contempt of court which is a slap on the hand by the court, as you may know. Arpaio's "crime" was minor. A presidential pardon was, legally, no big deal. Questionable, yes, but completely minor and completely within the bounds and powers of his office.

Manafort is charged with serious federal criminal crimes on the other hand. If convicted he faces perhaps 7-15 under federal sentencing guide lines, maybe more.

I don't see Trump as a complete fool. He's not a dumb person. I don't see him risking any more political capital by pardoning a person convicted of federal crimes (if in fact Manafort is convicted) because the backlash would be stiff if not monumental. AND, importantly, if the house goes democratic (a real possibility) it means articles of impeachment with his name in capital letters.

Just my opinion...
Appreciate 3
NickyC4937.00
bbbbmw2359.00

      08-09-2018, 11:49 PM   #314
NickyC
Major General
NickyC's Avatar
4937
Rep
5,483
Posts

 
Drives: YMB M4, has a roof though. :(
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Somewhere I don't want to be

iTrader: (17)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea-Tac View Post
I see it like this...

Trump pardoned Arpaio for a misdemeanor, i.e, criminal contempt of court which is a slap on the hand by the court, as you may know. Arpaio's "crime" was minor. A presidential pardon was, legally, no big deal. Questionable, yes, but completely minor and completely within the bounds and powers of his office.

Manafort is charged with serious federal criminal crimes on the other hand. If convicted he faces perhaps 7-15 under federal sentencing guide lines, maybe more.

I don't see Trump as a complete fool. He's not a dumb person. I don't see him risking any more political capital by pardoning a person convicted of federal crimes (if in fact Manafort is convicted) because the backlash would be stiff if not monumental. AND, importantly, if the house goes democratic (a real possibility) it means articles of impeachment with his name in capital letters.

Just my opinion...
I agree completely, he can't pardon the guy. If Manafort's convicted of these charges he's got to pay the penalty. This idea of people being above the law has got to stop somewhere. Like you said, these are serious charges. We shall see, just hope the truth prevails and justice is served.
Appreciate 2
Sea-Tac1376.50

      08-10-2018, 09:55 AM   #315
Sea-Tac
Major
Sea-Tac's Avatar
United_States
1377
Rep
1,492
Posts

 
Drives: 2108 X3 xDrive30i
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Bellevue, Wa

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan_clt View Post
Learned something new today....


I never heard that one before either.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2018, 10:16 AM   #316
Sea-Tac
Major
Sea-Tac's Avatar
United_States
1377
Rep
1,492
Posts

 
Drives: 2108 X3 xDrive30i
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Bellevue, Wa

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by insanecoder View Post
still waitin on treasonous collusion...
still..
waitin..
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
When you awaken: keep in mind that the universe is the womb of universal excellence predicated upon karmic displacement and the non-linear expansion of irrational happiness.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2018, 03:48 PM   #317
wdb
dances with roads
wdb's Avatar
United_States
1415
Rep
2,323
Posts

 
Drives: '07 Z4MC, '07 E93 328i
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: the perimeter

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea-Tac View Post
I don't see Trump as a complete fool. He's not a dumb person. I don't see him risking any more political capital by pardoning a person convicted of federal crimes
Too late by a long shot. Trump pardons are fuel to fire up the base, not tactical or strategic moves.

https://www.justice.gov/pardon/pardo...t-donald-trump
Appreciate 3
MKSixer14025.00
anglo35474.50

      08-10-2018, 05:56 PM   #318
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
Captain Blood's Avatar
United_States
7298
Rep
9,100
Posts

 
Drives: 135i DCT
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Tortuga

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Witness in Mueller probe refuses to appear before grand jury - The Washington Post
https://apple.news/ATklsjzajQMm7kEz7iyB4MQ
__________________
I need some warm warming up stuff -LUPS
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2018, 07:34 PM   #319
Sea-Tac
Major
Sea-Tac's Avatar
United_States
1377
Rep
1,492
Posts

 
Drives: 2108 X3 xDrive30i
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Bellevue, Wa

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdb View Post
Too late by a long shot. Trump pardons are fuel to fire up the base, not tactical or strategic moves.

https://www.justice.gov/pardon/pardo...t-donald-trump
Good point. I think we are approaching a confluence of forces, political, legal, etc. and pressures are building. Just like with the loss of support in his farming base over tariffs his support may wane by more of his blue collar supporters if Manafort is pardoned.

Another thing to consider, is that Trump, to date, has refused to release his tax information. If Manafort is convicted of banking and tax violations and subsequently is pardoned perhaps more attention will be directed at Trump for his refusal to release his tax information.
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2018, 07:47 PM   #320
SakhirM4
Major General
SakhirM4's Avatar
United_States
9309
Rep
8,393
Posts

 
Drives: '15 SO M4/'20 Z4 M40i (coming)
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Austin, TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea-Tac View Post
Good point. I think we are approaching a confluence of forces, political, legal, etc. and pressures are building. Just like with the loss of support in his farming base over tariffs his support may wane by more of his blue collar supporters if Manafort is pardoned.

Another thing to consider, is that Trump, to date, has refused to release his tax information. If Manafort is convicted of banking and tax violations and subsequently is pardoned perhaps more attention will be directed at Trump for his refusal to release his tax information.
He didn't refuse to file his taxes with IRS. IRS has seen all his tax returns.
__________________
Tejas Chapter, BMW CCA, mem #23915, President 27 years, www.tejaschapter.org
2015 ///M4, SO/full black, 6MT, HK, light 19"
Appreciate 1
Sea-Tac1376.50

      08-11-2018, 02:13 PM   #321
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
DETRoadster's Avatar
5381
Rep
2,477
Posts

 
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakhirM4 View Post
He didn't refuse to file his taxes with IRS. IRS has seen all his tax returns.
The IRS also had all of Manaforts returns. Clearly the IRS is not the end-all be-all when it comes to determining if someone is up to some funny business with their income and taxes.

My personal opinion is that Trump's returns and financial records likely show a host of shady dealings, some of which may not be legal. I think his financials read much like Manafort's. I have no proof of this, mind you. I cant back it up with anything other than a gut feeling. I think the sorts of people and associates that Trump surrounds himself with (Manafort, Gates, Stone, etc.) have all enjoyed a long history of skirting the system to their own personal enrichment.
Appreciate 3
      08-11-2018, 02:27 PM   #322
anglo
Libertarian
anglo's Avatar
United_States
35475
Rep
2,644
Posts

 
Drives: M4
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Sanctuary City

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
The IRS also had all of Manaforts returns. Clearly the IRS is not the end-all be-all when it comes to determining if someone is up to some funny business with their income and taxes.

My personal opinion is that Trump's returns and financial records likely show a host of shady dealings, some of which may not be legal. I think his financials read much like Manafort's. I have no proof of this, mind you. I cant back it up with anything other than a gut feeling. I think the sorts of people and associates that Trump surrounds himself with (Manafort, Gates, Stone, etc.) have all enjoyed a long history of skirting the system to their own personal enrichment.
So you're ok with someone lying that you colluded with Russia and have the FBI go through your Tax returns?
I'm sure if they go through 12 years of your returns, they'll find something!
Appreciate 1
      08-11-2018, 02:53 PM   #323
wdb
dances with roads
wdb's Avatar
United_States
1415
Rep
2,323
Posts

 
Drives: '07 Z4MC, '07 E93 328i
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: the perimeter

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakhirM4 View Post
He didn't refuse to file his taxes with IRS. IRS has seen all his tax returns.
And the IRS is duty bound not to publicize that information, unless legally required to do so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
The IRS also had all of Manaforts returns. Clearly the IRS is not the end-all be-all when it comes to determining if someone is up to some funny business with their income and taxes.
Manafort failed to report income and assets. The IRS can't know what it doesn't know.

Quote:
My personal opinion is that Trump's returns and financial records likely show a host of shady dealings, some of which may not be legal.
If he reports illegal activity in his tax return he's an even bigger idiot than some people imagine. So let's just assume he didn't do that. Then why would he keep them out of the public eye? My own thoughts are that the returns show his real net worth to be far less than his ego can stand to admit, and/or they show dealings with foreign entities of the sort that would give him a public black eye.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2018, 03:41 PM   #324
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
DETRoadster's Avatar
5381
Rep
2,477
Posts

 
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anglo View Post
So you're ok with someone lying that you colluded with Russia and have the FBI go through your Tax returns?
I'm sure if they go through 12 years of your returns, they'll find something!
LOL. Yeah, that home office deduction was a bit of a stretch....

I'm OK with someone being investigated for something and if a second, or different crime comes up, they are charged with that too. Just like the cops investigating someone for selling drugs and discovering they were also committing identity theft.

As for whether this whole thing has merit or is based on a pack of lies, I think you know my position and I know yours so we will follow MK's request for a civil and polite dialog and agree to disagree on that one.

Have a great Saturday, Anglo!

Last edited by DETRoadster; 08-11-2018 at 03:49 PM..
Appreciate 2
Sea-Tac1376.50

      08-11-2018, 04:11 PM   #325
anglo
Libertarian
anglo's Avatar
United_States
35475
Rep
2,644
Posts

 
Drives: M4
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Sanctuary City

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
LOL. Yeah, that home office deduction was a bit of a stretch....

I'm OK with someone being investigated for something and if a second, or different crime comes up, they are charged with that too. Just like the cops investigating someone for selling drugs and discovering they were also committing identity theft.

As for whether this whole thing has merit or is based on a pack of lies, I think you know my position and I know yours so we will follow MK's request for a civil and polite dialog and agree to disagree on that one.

Have a great Saturday, Anglo!
I wasn't rude, i just asked you if anytime someone called the FBI with some false accusations and got the FBI to investigate you going back 12 years on things that have nothing to do with the false accusations, if it was alright?
That's the definition of a police state
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2018, 04:55 PM   #326
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
DETRoadster's Avatar
5381
Rep
2,477
Posts

 
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by anglo View Post
I wasn't rude, i just asked you if anytime someone called the FBI with some false accusations and got the FBI to investigate you going back 12 years on things that have nothing to do with the false accusations, if it was alright?
That's the definition of a police state
No, you were not rude at all. Sorry if I gave you that impression by bringing up MK's post. I was simply saying we will have to agree to disagree on this one.

Well I'm off to change the oil in the Moto Guzzi. Rainy here today. No riding to be had. Hope the weather is better where you're at. Cheers.
Appreciate 1
bbbbmw2359.00

      08-13-2018, 09:17 AM   #327
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
Captain Blood's Avatar
United_States
7298
Rep
9,100
Posts

 
Drives: 135i DCT
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Tortuga

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
So much for "onions unraveling" and the deep state.....

Trump-appointed judge upholds Mueller's authority
https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/13/polit...ing/index.html
__________________
I need some warm warming up stuff -LUPS
Appreciate 2
Sea-Tac1376.50

      08-14-2018, 03:48 PM   #328
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
Captain Blood's Avatar
United_States
7298
Rep
9,100
Posts

 
Drives: 135i DCT
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Tortuga

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Not much of a defense for manafort.

Manafort lawyers rest fraud case without calling witnesses http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-45187523
__________________
I need some warm warming up stuff -LUPS
Appreciate 1
      08-15-2018, 09:50 AM   #329
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
Captain Blood's Avatar
United_States
7298
Rep
9,100
Posts

 
Drives: 135i DCT
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Tortuga

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
https://www.cnn.com/2018/08/15/polit...nts/index.html
Closing Arguments Begin
__________________
I need some warm warming up stuff -LUPS

Last edited by Captain Blood; 08-15-2018 at 10:01 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2018, 10:29 AM   #330
are0lies
Banned
United_States
4125
Rep
1,871
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 M3 E93
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Riverside

iTrader: (0)

Manafort's defense begins at 0:59.
Appreciate 2
Sea-Tac1376.50

Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:30 PM.




5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST