Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-26-2018, 04:40 PM   #23
420Coupe
Lieutenant
213
Rep
444
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 Alpine White M3
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
You must know this is not true. Though I see you picked your handle with some purpose.

Sure - not everyone has side effects, but then, not everyone has side effects from the various pills Big Pharma is pushing either. But there are side effects that go far beyond requiring a bag of chips and some sleep.
Handle actually has nothing to do with weed; it was the first number assigned as a racer when little and it stuck.


All pills affect your liver.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2018, 04:47 PM   #24
RABAUKE
Banned
Canada
4364
Rep
1,400
Posts

 
Drives: Porsche 993, 2014 MB GLK
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: The Golden Horseshoe, Ontario

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 420Coupe View Post
Handle actually has nothing to do with weed; it was the first number assigned as a racer when little and it stuck.


All pills affect your liver.
Ya can't fault anyone for thinking 420 may be weed related....or AH's birthday.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2018, 09:00 AM   #25
TheWatchGuy
Lieutenant Colonel
TheWatchGuy's Avatar
2462
Rep
1,876
Posts

 
Drives: 335xi
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: CO

iTrader: (0)

CBD is different than THC, but there are still side effects to CBD oil.

Not to mention there is small amounts of THC in most CBD oils.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2018, 09:44 AM   #26
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
UncleWede's Avatar
United_States
9499
Rep
8,191
Posts

 
Drives: E90 325i Arctic
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PR3CI5N View Post
Does your wife have RA?
No, more like carpal tunnel/repetitive strain. So much so that she now uses that as an excuse that she can no longer hold onto my . . . TMI
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2018, 10:48 AM   #27
PR3CI5N
need4speed
PR3CI5N's Avatar
United_States
490
Rep
1,909
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 E90 M 335i
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: West Coast

iTrader: (24)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
No, more like carpal tunnel/repetitive strain. So much so that she now uses that as an excuse that she can no longer hold onto my . . . TMI
Haha you need to get that wrist fixed ASAP! Try a B6 supplement, works well for carpal tunnel. Also try cold laser therapy, it stimulates tissue repair and reduces inflammation. At the end of the day, have her ice for 20 minutes.
__________________
N54
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2018, 10:51 AM   #28
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
UncleWede's Avatar
United_States
9499
Rep
8,191
Posts

 
Drives: E90 325i Arctic
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PR3CI5N View Post
Haha you need to get that wrist fixed ASAP! Try a B6 supplement, works well for carpal tunnel. Also try cold laser therapy, it stimulates tissue repair and reduces inflammation. At the end of the day, have her ice for 20 minutes.
Hispanic (aka STUBBORN) and while has already been granted partial disability via workers comp, she's stubborn. I keep recommending she move in QA/supervision, but apparently I'm only supposed to LISTEN to her issues, not give advice to FIX her issues.

Can CBD help with THAT???
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2018, 11:10 AM   #29
washm3
Private
United_States
10
Rep
68
Posts

 
Drives: F80
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Usa

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LobB View Post
Indeed. It is but two chemical constituents of the hundreds in cannabis. The problem being those of a low IQ read this as cannabis must be okay. Which it's not. It's highly dangerous.
Define highly dangerous? And in comparison to what??
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2018, 12:07 PM   #30
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Colonel
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY's Avatar
No_Country
2498
Rep
2,771
Posts

 
Drives: Totaled Toyota Celica :((
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Trenton, NJ

iTrader: (1)

LMAOOOO.

Lets all pause here. All drugs get absorbed, distributed, metabolized, and eliminated.

All drugs have side effects...One drugs side effect could be the therapeutic use off-label.

lets use propanol a BP mediation. Side effects include bradycardia. Oh shit thats no good right????? Let me keep shaking--making me think about---causing anxiety----causing high BP---leading to hypertension where then ill need propanol.

Antipsychotics cause tardive dyskinesia...should we stop and let people be schizo.

RISK VS BENEFIT

To poster above me...

1.psychosis is seen at very high doses. We are taking about therapeutic doses, so don't give me that psychosis non-sense. All drugs past there therapeutic indexes can cause psychosis. There may be some idiosyncratic psychosis, however that would be patient specific and not a class effect seen at therapeutic doses.

2. Gateway drug--> how, I don't use it medically yet I have not panged to try heroin. Opioids gateway drugs? Stimulants? Weight loss drugs? Benzodiazepines? Hmmm? There's a lot of FDA approved Rx drugs that are ACTUALLY gateway drugs so this argument bears little weight. MOREOVER these people are using is medicinally for their seizures, getting high is an afterthought and cerebral effects can be minimized by distribution targets as well as blending of active ingredients.

3. What% of medicinal users do you think are smoking blunts...These oils are simply vaporized and inhaled, like vicks vaporub. Oral inhalation is a well studied dosing method. They can eat is for oral intake, rub it for topical. I doubt many are smoking it in dutch master blunts which lead to the high carcinogenic properties. Marijuana and its constituents are not carcinogenic; anymore than your deodorant with aluminum zirconium in it. Any other information spread is simply hogwash.

Opioids are dangerous, Benzos are dangerous, yet they fly off the shelves. Cigarettes are highly dangerous and have no medicinal purpose.

The war on drugs has created public opinions on this topic which are not endorsed by medical professionals and evidence based medicine. Alamarists need to open there eyes, you would be hard pressed to find many medical professionals against the use of marijuana or THC in the therapy of drug refractory patients.

A schedule 1 drug is classified as highly addictive with no medical use...let that sink in. A chemo patient who has lost their appetite and regains in using THC, can be breakthrough to improve a patients quality of life. THC is the exact opposite of the definition of schedule 1, but hey politics right?
Appreciate 4
420Coupe212.50
washm310.00
mbanks211032.00

      06-28-2018, 01:16 PM   #31
washm3
Private
United_States
10
Rep
68
Posts

 
Drives: F80
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Usa

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LobB View Post
1. Can cause psychosis (amoungst other mental illness), especially in the young.
2. It's a gateway drug.
3. If smoked it's highly carcinogenic.

Maybe it's time to stop smoking it?
1. This is not proven nor backed by any solidified evidence, as you mentioned it CAN, but the correlation has not been directly proven. I think at this point, it can be said that psychosis can be triggered by marijuana, but this isn't without saying individuals who are already prone to psychosis/mental illness are already mentally affected. Carrying out an experiment that would definitively show that marijuana causes psychosis, would require a large enough sample of population in both normal, and people who are prone to psychosis/mental illness studied for long periods of time before/after trying the drug. which has never been done.

2. Is there no correlation that a person who may have been likely to try marijuana, to also have been more likely to try other drugs?. I'm guessing your argument, then you must consider alcohol a gateway drug too. Just because A happened, does not automatically cause B. It may increase the likelihood that a person may want to experiment other drugs, but so are many other factors can be considered a person's reasoning for experimenting with heavier drugs - social circles/environment/accessibility to said drugs. You're not factoring in all other variables that may be present alongside marijuana.

3. I agree that marijuana is highly carcinogenic and that's if its smoked. Many routes of delivery. Will one joint give you cancer? probably not.

I also don't smoke marijuana, definitely have in college. Since then, I have not tried any other "heavier" drugs. but I do hope that your stance on alcohol/cigarettes is in the same regard. if so, carry on. otherwise, at this point your argument that marijuana IS dangerous sounds like someone who is highly biased/brainwashed by media/government propoganda/incapable of drawing own conclusions/thought. thats like saying eating fat is dangerous, sure but in what quantity/context?

If you still consider marijuana to be highly dangerous, your tolerance for danger must not be very high and i'm guessing you drive your car at the speed limit at all times because speeding is considered dangerous as well. i'm also guessing you never have a casual beer, or have ever taken any type of prescription drugs/pain killers. i would advise you to continue living in your safety bubble if this is the case.



we all have our own tolerances of risk, personally to me and lots of others, marijuana is a relatively low risk drug.

Last edited by washm3; 06-28-2018 at 01:27 PM..
Appreciate 3
      06-28-2018, 01:51 PM   #32
washm3
Private
United_States
10
Rep
68
Posts

 
Drives: F80
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Usa

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LobB View Post
Incorrect.

There has been much work done by the psychiatric bodies in the USA, UK and Australia confirming the link between cannabis and mental illness. CIP is now a recognised form of mental illness, caused by cannabis consumption.

Best stop smoking the weed fella.
would you mind sharing said studies and how the experiments were carried out? i'm guessing you thoroughly read through said studies and analyzed how the experiments were carried out? taken account the sample size of population? Do they DEFINITIVELY show that weed was the causation of psychosis? i still think your other points of argument are weak and don't prove or show that marijuana is "highly" dangerous as you've mentioned. please tell me you've read into the studies on how the experiments were conducted since you're such a seeker of truth. otherwise i would advise you to continue being a good boy and continue blindly agreeing with everything you've been fed . don't even take an advil when you have a headache, because that can be a gateway drug to other harder prescription pain killers lol. no occasional beer because it's dangerous. don't speed in your bmw because it's dangerous.

i don't smoke weed and havent for years, at this point, i've made more of a valid argument than someone who has never tried it. maybe you should start lol.
Appreciate 1
420Coupe212.50

      06-28-2018, 02:03 PM   #33
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Colonel
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY's Avatar
No_Country
2498
Rep
2,771
Posts

 
Drives: Totaled Toyota Celica :((
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Trenton, NJ

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LobB View Post
Incorrect.

There has been much work done by the psychiatric bodies in the USA, UK and Australia confirming the link between cannabis and mental illness. CIP is now a recognised form of mental illness, caused by cannabis consumption.

Best stop smoking the weed fella.
lol find me a well designed study showing this
Appreciate 1
washm310.00

      06-28-2018, 02:04 PM   #34
washm3
Private
United_States
10
Rep
68
Posts

 
Drives: F80
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Usa

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LobB View Post
I'm particular to fit my underwear correctly of a morning, to ensure plenty of movement is available for my gentlemen's vegetables.

Each evening on removing the days accoutrements, I find my underwear is inside out.....


Is this dangerous?
ok lol, enough said. i will no longer be arguing with someone who is incapable of figuring out for themselves whether or not wearing underwear inside out is dangerous. let alone having to ask on a BMW forum. LOL

if you even have to ask whether or not wearing your underwear inside out is dangerous, i would highly advise anyone to NOT take this guys advice on what is dangerous/not.

http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1505558
Appreciate 1
420Coupe212.50

      06-28-2018, 02:10 PM   #35
420Coupe
Lieutenant
213
Rep
444
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 Alpine White M3
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by washm3 View Post
ok lol, enough said. i will no longer be arguing with someone who is incapable of figuring out for themselves whether or not wearing underwear inside out is dangerous. let alone having to ask on a BMW forum. LOL

if you even have to ask whether or not wearing your underwear inside out is dangerous, i would highly advise anyone to NOT take this guys advice on what is dangerous/not.

http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1505558
Clearly it's extremely dangerous; causes testicular cancer even possible amputation required. The material on the outside of underwear is very toxic.

:bell yroll
Appreciate 1
washm310.00

      06-28-2018, 02:21 PM   #36
washm3
Private
United_States
10
Rep
68
Posts

 
Drives: F80
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Usa

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 420Coupe View Post
Clearly it's extremely dangerous; causes testicular cancer even possible amputation required. The material on the outside of underwear is very toxic.

:bell yroll
but...but.. what about underwear induced psychosis?
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2018, 02:35 PM   #37
420Coupe
Lieutenant
213
Rep
444
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 Alpine White M3
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by washm3 View Post
but...but.. what about underwear induced psychosis?
That all depends on if you have thongs, g-strings, or boy shorts; it's what dictates how much psychosis is absorbed through your bum bum.
Appreciate 1
washm310.00

      06-28-2018, 03:38 PM   #38
PR3CI5N
need4speed
PR3CI5N's Avatar
United_States
490
Rep
1,909
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 E90 M 335i
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: West Coast

iTrader: (24)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LobB View Post
Not sure how you find psychosis funny.

Here's one of the many studies.

http://www.psychiatrictimes.com/subs...eview/page/0/4
psy·cho·sis
sīˈkōsəs/
noun
noun: psychosis; plural noun: psychoses

a severe mental disorder in which thought and emotions are so impaired that contact is lost with external reality.

Only when you smoke that really good shit
__________________
N54
Appreciate 2
      06-28-2018, 03:45 PM   #39
bbbbmw
Major General
2387
Rep
6,083
Posts

 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Southwest

iTrader: (0)

So cannabis oil has health benefits, and you can refine it to remove THC.

Why did the legalize marijuana lobby not make this clear from the very outset? Cannabis oil would have likely been legalized decades ago.
__________________
<OO (llll)(llll) OO>
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2018, 04:04 PM   #40
420Coupe
Lieutenant
213
Rep
444
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 Alpine White M3
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post
So cannabis oil has health benefits, and you can refine it to remove THC.

Why did the legalize marijuana lobby not make this clear from the very outset? Cannabis oil would have likely been legalized decades ago.
Most of the medical grade CBD are 99.5% +- CBD Isolate
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2018, 04:06 PM   #41
TheWatchGuy
Lieutenant Colonel
TheWatchGuy's Avatar
2462
Rep
1,876
Posts

 
Drives: 335xi
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: CO

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PR3CI5N View Post
psy·cho·sis
sīˈkōsəs/
noun
noun: psychosis; plural noun: psychoses

a severe mental disorder in which thought and emotions are so impaired that contact is lost with external reality.

Only when you smoke that really good shit
ive smoked dat psycosis plenty of times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post
So cannabis oil has health benefits, and you can refine it to remove THC.

Why did the legalize marijuana lobby not make this clear from the very outset? Cannabis oil would have likely been legalized decades ago.
its been widely known by anyone who bothered to read. Way before it was legal you could get CBD and even THC pills by prescription. It has not been widely known by those that get their info from social media, msm, government, etc.
Appreciate 3
      06-28-2018, 04:08 PM   #42
PR3CI5N
need4speed
PR3CI5N's Avatar
United_States
490
Rep
1,909
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 E90 M 335i
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: West Coast

iTrader: (24)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post
So cannabis oil has health benefits, and you can refine it to remove THC.

Why did the legalize marijuana lobby not make this clear from the very outset? Cannabis oil would have likely been legalized decades ago.
People weren't ready for it to be legal. The majority of people are now. Especially with the government cracking down on the opioid epidemic. People are looking for alternatives and CBD is one of them.
__________________
N54
Appreciate 1
      06-28-2018, 04:12 PM   #43
TheWatchGuy
Lieutenant Colonel
TheWatchGuy's Avatar
2462
Rep
1,876
Posts

 
Drives: 335xi
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: CO

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by washm3 View Post
would you mind sharing said studies and how the experiments were carried out? i'm guessing you thoroughly read through said studies and analyzed how the experiments were carried out? taken account the sample size of population? Do they DEFINITIVELY show that weed was the causation of psychosis? i still think your other points of argument are weak and don't prove or show that marijuana is "highly" dangerous as you've mentioned. please tell me you've read into the studies on how the experiments were conducted since you're such a seeker of truth. otherwise i would advise you to continue being a good boy and continue blindly agreeing with everything you've been fed . don't even take an advil when you have a headache, because that can be a gateway drug to other harder prescription pain killers lol. no occasional beer because it's dangerous. don't speed in your bmw because it's dangerous.

i don't smoke weed and havent for years, at this point, i've made more of a valid argument than someone who has never tried it. maybe you should start lol.
its well known that weed can have adverse psychological affects on certain people. As with every drug, it varies person to person the affects, and a lot of times, you dont see the symptoms until well down the road. With legalization, we are just now getting more into the 10yr/20yr studies that will show the true potential side effects of long term use.

there has also been a steep increase in Cannabinoid Hyperemesis Syndrome which is a physiological disease brought on by smoking too much weed in some people.

Like all drugs, best to use wisely.
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2018, 04:18 PM   #44
bbbbmw
Major General
2387
Rep
6,083
Posts

 
Drives: 135i
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Southwest

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PR3CI5N View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw View Post
So cannabis oil has health benefits, and you can refine it to remove THC.

Why did the legalize marijuana lobby not make this clear from the very outset? Cannabis oil would have likely been legalized decades ago.
People weren't ready for it to be legal. The majority of people are now. Especially with the government cracking down on the opioid epidemic. People are looking for alternatives and CBD is one of them.
Without THC, no one would have ever had a problem with it.
__________________
<OO (llll)(llll) OO>
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:09 PM.




5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST