Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-20-2020, 08:12 AM   #2619
JP10
Captain
JP10's Avatar
940
Rep
822
Posts

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Charleston, SC

iTrader: (0)

Shoulders/biceps and my usually cardio pre and post. Not sure what I want to do as far as a goal goes. I feel so much better during my workout when I'm maintaining or cutting. When bulking I just feel so damn bloated. I workout first thing in the morning, so sometimes it is hard to get past the discomfort and push through my lift lol. Might just maintain for the time being. I like being lean for the holidays so I can gorge myself to my hearts content, so I'll probably start a small cut in a few weeks. Overall just pretty content at where I am. Right around 185, 5'10", maybe 12-14%BF nothing crazy but I'm quite comfortable here.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi8761.50

      10-20-2020, 08:22 AM   #2620
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
King Rudi's Avatar
8762
Rep
1,669
Posts

 
Drives: Meat Suit
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Planet Earth

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
Shoulders/biceps and my usually cardio pre and post. Not sure what I want to do as far as a goal goes. I feel so much better during my workout when I'm maintaining or cutting. When bulking I just feel so damn bloated. I workout first thing in the morning, so sometimes it is hard to get past the discomfort and push through my lift lol. Might just maintain for the time being. I like being lean for the holidays so I can gorge myself to my hearts content, so I'll probably start a small cut in a few weeks. Overall just pretty content at where I am. Right around 185, 5'10", maybe 12-14%BF nothing crazy but I'm quite comfortable here.
Dealing with the same right now as I'm gradually increasing calories. Techincally I'm still in cutting calories but can already feel the fluff starting to grow. I will say that I can feel my shoulders and chest growing also though. My skin feel tight around everything, but I can't stand that extra jiggle around my abs. I seem to operate much better in a cut for some reason. I'm able to monitor my calories and stick to it; but in a bulk I have the hardest time mentally with the extra weight that comes with building the muscle.
Appreciate 1
JP10939.50

      10-20-2020, 08:43 AM   #2621
JP10
Captain
JP10's Avatar
940
Rep
822
Posts

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Charleston, SC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
Dealing with the same right now as I'm gradually increasing calories. Techincally I'm still in cutting calories but can already feel the fluff starting to grow. I will say that I can feel my shoulders and chest growing also though. My skin feel tight around everything, but I can't stand that extra jiggle around my abs. I seem to operate much better in a cut for some reason. I'm able to monitor my calories and stick to it; but in a bulk I have the hardest time mentally with the extra weight that comes with building the muscle.
Right the tough part is definitely mental when trying to gain. If you can get past that, eat like a freak, then you will grow, but unfortunately this growth is not limited to muscle. I've done cutting/bulking for years now, and have battled that time and time again. But at this point, and it has to do with my career as well, I feel like I am at a solid size professionally. If I start growing too much I don't like how my business clothes fit. I'm at this in-between size right now where a medium is much too small and a large can be baggy at times. This can be taken care of by wearing a large slim fit dress shirt, but to do so I need to keep my midsection lean. Such a pain in the ass lol. Don't even get me started on pants, need a 36 for the leg size but can probably fit in a 32. And before anyone asks no I'm not shelling out that much coin for a tailored suit lol.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi8761.50

      10-20-2020, 09:29 AM   #2622
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
King Rudi's Avatar
8762
Rep
1,669
Posts

 
Drives: Meat Suit
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Planet Earth

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
Right the tough part is definitely mental when trying to gain. If you can get past that, eat like a freak, then you will grow, but unfortunately this growth is not limited to muscle. I've done cutting/bulking for years now, and have battled that time and time again. But at this point, and it has to do with my career as well, I feel like I am at a solid size professionally. If I start growing too much I don't like how my business clothes fit. I'm at this in-between size right now where a medium is much too small and a large can be baggy at times. This can be taken care of by wearing a large slim fit dress shirt, but to do so I need to keep my midsection lean. Such a pain in the ass lol. Don't even get me started on pants, need a 36 for the leg size but can probably fit in a 32. And before anyone asks no I'm not shelling out that much coin for a tailored suit lol.
I battle with the exact same issues, but on the lower end considering I got as small as I did. I bulk, my clothes don't fit, I cut, my clothes don't fit. Funny, about mid-way through my cut or bulk, they seem to fit a little better. Back when I wore a suit and tie everyday, I could completely relate to this. I'm glad they started making slim fit dress shirts more commonly available. I'm also right there with you on shirt sizes. I jokingly complain about no one making an Extra Medium
Appreciate 1
JP10939.50

      10-20-2020, 11:02 AM   #2623
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
UncleWede's Avatar
United_States
10381
Rep
8,624
Posts

 
Drives: E90 325i Arctic
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA

iTrader: (0)

Slim-fit dress shirts, now that has become a real joke. I remember when they first came to my attention, and I sought them out. Nowadays, I can't figure out who even wear a regular fit shirt. I'm by no means slim thru the waist, and not really all that HE-UGE across the shoulders. But I'm still always trying to figure out how to best fold a section of shirt to keep from fluffing in the wind.
On the pants, at least since no public is allowed in the building, I no longer have to wear even business casual. I've found that Carhart jeans has a 35 waist. AHHHH, the gods have shown their pleasure at my nearly 40 years of lifting!! OK, I have to wear a belt, but at least my thighs don't itch at eh end of the day.

UNFORTUNATELY, the doc told me yesterday the most vigorous exercise I'm allowed to perform now is < 30 on an eliptical, but he strongly recommends simple walking. Yet when I discuss my continued pattern of high glucose (2-300 fasting) unless I take a significant extra bolus of insulin, he doesn't have an answer. Since WC, I'm electing to actually follow his instructions, for now.
Appreciate 2
JP10939.50
King Rudi8761.50

      10-20-2020, 11:50 AM   #2624
rebekahb
Second Lieutenant
712
Rep
265
Posts

 
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: New Orleans, LA

iTrader: (0)

Arms and abs today but still slightly modified due to the back bothering me. I've never done anything to my back before but it's a bitch. I'm going for another massage tomorrow.

As far as slim cut shirts and men. For those guys who look like stick poles it's great. My husband has broad shoulders so in slim fit he has to go up a size to fit his shoulders.
Appreciate 0
      10-20-2020, 02:40 PM   #2625
JP10
Captain
JP10's Avatar
940
Rep
822
Posts

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Charleston, SC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebekahb View Post
Arms and abs today but still slightly modified due to the back bothering me. I've never done anything to my back before but it's a bitch. I'm going for another massage tomorrow.

As far as slim cut shirts and men. For those guys who look like stick poles it's great. My husband has broad shoulders so in slim fit he has to go up a size to fit his shoulders.
Dang that is tough about your back, hopefully you get it sorted out and it doesn't show it's head again.

Yeah I've accepted that dress shirts aren't made for those who workout, although I have been seeing some companies coming out with Athletic Fit. Which seems larger in the back/shoulder areas and tapers to the waist, best of both worlds. Only some Large Slim Fit shirts will fit me, depends how generous they are in the shoulder area, most feel like I am about to hulk out of them lol!
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2020, 09:41 AM   #2626
zx10guy
Colonel
2983
Rep
2,703
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 135i
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: DC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
Dang that is tough about your back, hopefully you get it sorted out and it doesn't show it's head again.

Yeah I've accepted that dress shirts aren't made for those who workout, although I have been seeing some companies coming out with Athletic Fit. Which seems larger in the back/shoulder areas and tapers to the waist, best of both worlds. Only some Large Slim Fit shirts will fit me, depends how generous they are in the shoulder area, most feel like I am about to hulk out of them lol!
In the same situation but a bit more difficult. Not only do I have broad shoulders and back with a small waist, I'm also tall. There used to be a store that had most of their clothing tailored to those that work out called Bachrach. I mourned when they closed up shop in my area. It was a place I could go in and just buy stuff off the rack without having to look for custom sizing.

This issue has extended to my riding gear for motorcycling. It's beyond me that pretty much all the major manufacturers do not have tall sizing. My first riding gear was from Joe Rocket. I had to buy quite a few sizes up for both the jacket and pants. The jacket wasn't too bad as I was able to adjust the waist a bit. The pants were ridiculous. I needed to go up a few waist sizes to get close to the length I needed for my legs to have them at least some what be covered by my riding boots. This meant the waist area was super baggy and looked as if I had dropped a load into my pants.

Fortunately, I ran across Rev It. I saw a guy at the track who was about my height. I asked if he had to get his suit custom made. He said no. Now I finally have a 2 piece riding suit which fits me without having to go custom one piece.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
We might not be in an agreement on Trump, but I'll be the first penis chaser here to say I'll rather take it up in the ass than to argue with you on this.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2020, 02:14 PM   #2627
ramman434
Second Lieutenant
United_States
169
Rep
232
Posts

 
Drives: '16 F10 535i M-Sport
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Fort Lauderdale, FL

iTrader: (0)

Got in Wed. for some mild weight deep squats super setted with alternating dumbbell lunges (55lb. dbs), then some light RDLs coupled with leg curls.

I haven't done legs ina couple weeks due to travel. Here we are 2 days later and the lactic acid is killing me. I can't wait to get home to cry on the foam roller and then use the massage gun
__________________
'98 Cobalt Green Pearl Nissan 240sx SE -manual swap, Fortune Auto Coilovers, Blitz Nur Spec R catback, CF hood w/flush mounted pins SOLD
'07 Montego Blue E92 BMW 335i - 6spd. Weiss Licht Angel Eyes, AFE DCI, Vishnu 3.5 - SOLD
'16 Carbon Black Metallic F10 BMW 535i M-Sport - LED Headlights, Fully loaded except rear entertainment
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2020, 06:52 AM   #2628
floridaorange
Colonel
floridaorange's Avatar
United_States
1893
Rep
2,238
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 bmw 320i xdrive
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: orlando, fl

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramman434 View Post
Got in Wed. for some mild weight deep squats super setted with alternating dumbbell lunges (55lb. dbs), then some light RDLs coupled with leg curls.

I haven't done legs ina couple weeks due to travel. Here we are 2 days later and the lactic acid is killing me. I can't wait to get home to cry on the foam roller and then use the massage gun
jump squats can be done anywhere and will help you maintain

Dress shirts are tough - but brooks bro's fit me best.

JP you're a 36 length at 5'10? That's for leg diameter size?

Anyone recommend a protein powder for bulking?
__________________
Stage 2 BM3

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Sounds pizzagatey.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2020, 09:12 PM   #2629
chassis
Captain
chassis's Avatar
United_States
569
Rep
746
Posts

 
Drives: BMW G01 X3, M-B GLE350W4
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Indiana

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by chassis View Post
Starting the swimming season now that the weather is getting colder. Going from 20 miles +/- per week on the bike to 1/2 mile per week in the pool. I want to increase my distance to 3/4 mile per week. Doesnít sound like a lot but itís what I do. Plus several walks per week around the neighborhood.

Any swimmers in the house? Rec/fitness not competitive.
Looks like I'm at 2/3 of a mile without too much trouble. Hiking/biking this summer has helped with aerobic performance. I think I can make 3/4 of a mile a regular distance.

Fitbit says I am swimming 3 minutes per hundred yards, that seems in the ballpark. Slow, but it's my pace.

I lose interest after an hour of "exercise", so if I can knock out 3/4 of a mile in 45-60 minutes, that works for me. Then a dip in the spa and a hot shower on someone else's hot water bill! All for $5 per visit with no membership requirement.
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2020, 09:22 AM   #2630
JP10
Captain
JP10's Avatar
940
Rep
822
Posts

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Charleston, SC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridaorange View Post
jump squats can be done anywhere and will help you maintain

Dress shirts are tough - but brooks bro's fit me best.

JP you're a 36 length at 5'10? That's for leg diameter size?

Anyone recommend a protein powder for bulking?
Lol luckily not a 36 length at 5' 10", that would look quite disproportional. I wear 30 length, prefer them to be a little short rather then drag/bunch up. Usually have to buy 36 waist in order for my legs to fit. Probably a 32-34 waist depending on who makes them. I love everything about Brooks Brothers shirt except the price tag haha.

I prefer just a cheap protein for bulking that way I don't have heartburn using it throughout the day as I feel fit. MyProtein is my go to as I can usually get it for under $0.50 a serving. Anything over $0.50 a serving I stay away from, yeah I know I'm a cheap ass lol. But more seriously a lot of brands throw in a lot of added ingredients for no good reasoning. MyProtein is very basic and cheap.

Last edited by JP10; 10-26-2020 at 03:49 PM..
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 06:39 AM   #2631
JP10
Captain
JP10's Avatar
940
Rep
822
Posts

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Charleston, SC

iTrader: (0)

Lifted back/triceps yesterday, and shoulders/biceps today. Ate a ton on Sunday, so spent most of yesterday feeling like hell and bloated lol. Body is already just about back to normal. Weather around here is starting to get really nice for running, might start working out at home on the weekends and get some long runs in.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi8761.50

      Yesterday, 06:52 AM   #2632
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
King Rudi's Avatar
8762
Rep
1,669
Posts

 
Drives: Meat Suit
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Planet Earth

iTrader: (0)

I'm picking up (or I FEEL as if) too much fluff this early in to a bulk. In reality, I've 4 pounds. I spent my summer being able to see the veins in my obliques. Sadly they are disappearing. I despise the beginning stages of bulk.....but then ask me again in about a month when there's new/bigger bumps and I'm always full versus counting down the minutes until I can eat again.

I'm also getting to a place where my muscles are sore pretty much non-stop. I dig it though. What I hate, is when people at work ask me to help them lift heavy stuff, because they know I'm going the gym; but I'm constantly sore and picking up heavy shit at work is the last damn thing I want to do after some of my gym nights.

Bitching session over
Appreciate 0
      Today, 07:26 AM   #2633
JP10
Captain
JP10's Avatar
940
Rep
822
Posts

 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Charleston, SC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
I'm picking up (or I FEEL as if) too much fluff this early in to a bulk. In reality, I've 4 pounds. I spent my summer being able to see the veins in my obliques. Sadly they are disappearing. I despise the beginning stages of bulk.....but then ask me again in about a month when there's new/bigger bumps and I'm always full versus counting down the minutes until I can eat again.

I'm also getting to a place where my muscles are sore pretty much non-stop. I dig it though. What I hate, is when people at work ask me to help them lift heavy stuff, because they know I'm going the gym; but I'm constantly sore and picking up heavy shit at work is the last damn thing I want to do after some of my gym nights.

Bitching session over
I hear ya man, just need to push through. You really see the results after you start cutting post bulk. I love feeling sore lol, unfortunately my muscles are so damn conditioned that getting to a point of being really sore any more is difficult. I'd like to chalk it up to not trying hard enough, but I bust my ass every morning in there lol.

Fitness is just a struggle of endurance, the longer you're at it the better you will get as long as you stay after it. A lot of the guys I see in the gym are there each morning, but that is the bulk of it. Haven't seen any progression out of them over a years span. Makes me wonder what their goal is.

Leg day this morning, feeling like jello walking around work. Running out of snacks at home, starting to lean out as a result. I have a thought process that my fiance absolutely hates, if I eat majority of the snacks over a 1-2 day span then I'll lean out through the week. As result sometimes her snacks take some damage through the process lol.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi8761.50

Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:20 AM.




5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST