New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

05-12-2014, 04:57 PM   #177
Myrder
Major
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2010 E92 335i MSport 6MT LMB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Never Convicted View Post
So, where you work, if they're lewd, crude, or portray nudity, you can't be naked. But if they're not, you can. Now that's a helluva Company.
Right. Pretty sweet place, you get some where eye bleach is needed though.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2014, 08:25 AM   #178
Lups
Rep

Drives: I don't own a car.

Just had to tell you, that guys, you are ruining my nights! I went trough stats about this country (don't ask why) yesterday, and the information received mixed up with the nakedness from here, and I did not have a great night of sleep.

OP, next time you start a thread that will end up taking sleep away from me (not in a nice way) could you just warn me before hand, so I'll try to stay away? I had 58 year old 45+ BMI group dancing in an office party with no clothing last night in my head, and the images don't go away with coffee alone.

Just wanted to share, so that you also can enjoy the image.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2014, 12:05 PM   #179
RambleJ
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Drives: F10 535i M-sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lups View Post
Just had to tell you, that guys, you are ruining my nights! I went trough stats about this country (don't ask why) yesterday, and the information received mixed up with the nakedness from here, and I did not have a great night of sleep.

OP, next time you start a thread that will end up taking sleep away from me (not in a nice way) could you just warn me before hand, so I'll try to stay away? I had 58 year old 45+ BMI group dancing in an office party with no clothing last night in my head, and the images don't go away with coffee alone.

Just wanted to share, so that you also can enjoy the image.
Here you go.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2014, 12:09 PM   #180
Lups
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RambleJ View Post
Here you go.
Well, I didn't know there was a picture me to be found with google! Damn I'm hot!

Thanks for making me loose my interest in breakfast. That was a horrible thing to see, and I hope the guy had lost a bet and that's the reason for the photo, and not his personal sense of style.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2014, 01:23 PM   #181
Taskmaster
Banned
Japan
Rep

Drives: M235i 6MT / E92 328 Msport 6MT

I blame hipsters for pushing tatoos into the mainstream. Not for me.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2014, 02:08 PM   #182
carve
Major
Rep

Drives: 335i

Just curious, but why are tattoos so popular over the last 5-10 years? Why do people want them? What's the advantage?

It's ultimately just a fashion statement, but one you can't change for the occasion or your changing tastes. Why would anybody want that? Who's tastes are identical to what they were 5, 10, 15 or 50 years ago?

The body is a sculpture- not a canvas. The beauty is in its shape and natural lines, and almost all tattoos interrupt that form. Would the Venus de Milo look better if someone drew pictures on it? Pictures are usually much better displayed on a flat surface....like a wall, or even a piece of fabric. Tattoos are also generally so detailed that from more than a couple feet away the blend into a sickly looking blob (clear skin is universally seen as a sign of health and beauty)

This goes double for women. In my "anything goes" phase, I dated a girl with extensive tattoos, including two 3/4 sleeves. Got along great with her- great chemistry once you got past that "tough girl" persona. Once her guard was down though I could tell she regretted them though. They belonged to a different time in her life. She's a PA now and frustrated at how she has to dress to present a professional image- very limiting and conservative...the opposite of what she wants. She even had her smallest one (a thin star on her chest) removed to give her more dress options, so she could at least leave a couple buttons undone. She complained how she'd never have the look she wanted in, say, an evening gown or wedding dress. She also said it tended to turn on the kind of men she was no longer in to and turn off the kind of guys she wants now.

She actually had her sleeves finished after she already regretted them because she thought it'd look better than having pieces missing. But hey....at least she had some trendy Japanese pictures on her blue arms for a while. That'll look old fashion in a couple years.

I told her early on I'm not a fan of tattoos, but only once, and much more subtly than I'm doing here. I have to say though...perhaps 30-50% of the reason I didn't pursue anything further with her is because I knew I'd never find her as attractive as I wanted to. Her tattooed sleeves even had a different texture than normal skin...almost waxy

My current girlfriend has one, but it's small, discreet, and not particularly trendy. It was an impulsive thing when she was 16. I'd prefer she didn't have it, but it's no biggie (her skin is otherwise almost flawlessly smooth). She can't even see it, which raises the question yet again..."what's the point"?

To me, a tattoo just says lack of taste, lack of foresight (changing tastes, attire limitations) and if it's extensive, particularly on a woman, "damaged goods"

Practical question: why would anyone get a permanent tattoo without getting a temporary version of exactly the same thing in exactly the same place for at least a few years?
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2014, 03:08 PM   #183
Lups
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by carve View Post
Just curious, but why are tattoos so popular over the last 5-10 years? Why do people want them? What's the advantage?

It's ultimately just a fashion statement, but one you can't change for the occasion or your changing tastes. Why would anybody want that? Who's tastes are identical to what they were 5, 10, 15 or 50 years ago?

The body is a sculpture- not a canvas. The beauty is in its shape and natural lines, and almost all tattoos interrupt that form. Would the Venus de Milo look better if someone drew pictures on it? Pictures are usually much better displayed on a flat surface....like a wall, or even a piece of fabric. Tattoos are also generally so detailed that from more than a couple feet away the blend into a sickly looking blob (clear skin is universally seen as a sign of health and beauty)

This goes double for women. In my "anything goes" phase, I dated a girl with extensive tattoos, including two 3/4 sleeves. Got along great with her- great chemistry once you got past that "tough girl" persona. Once her guard was down though I could tell she regretted them though. They belonged to a different time in her life. She's a PA now and frustrated at how she has to dress to present a professional image- very limiting and conservative...the opposite of what she wants. She even had her smallest one (a thin star on her chest) removed to give her more dress options, so she could at least leave a couple buttons undone. She complained how she'd never have the look she wanted in, say, an evening gown or wedding dress. She also said it tended to turn on the kind of men she was no longer in to and turn off the kind of guys she wants now.

She actually had her sleeves finished after she already regretted them because she thought it'd look better than having pieces missing. But hey....at least she had some trendy Japanese pictures on her blue arms for a while. That'll look old fashion in a couple years.

I told her early on I'm not a fan of tattoos, but only once, and much more subtly than I'm doing here. I have to say though...perhaps 30-50% of the reason I didn't pursue anything further with her is because I knew I'd never find her as attractive as I wanted to. Her tattooed sleeves even had a different texture than normal skin...almost waxy

My current girlfriend has one, but it's small, discreet, and not particularly trendy. It was an impulsive thing when she was 16. I'd prefer she didn't have it, but it's no biggie (her skin is otherwise almost flawlessly smooth). She can't even see it, which raises the question yet again..."what's the point"?

To me, a tattoo just says lack of taste, lack of foresight (changing tastes, attire limitations) and if it's extensive, particularly on a woman, "damaged goods"

Practical question: why would anyone get a permanent tattoo without getting a temporary version of exactly the same thing in exactly the same place for at least a few years?
You make a lot of sense, I admit it freely. I don't have one, but I could take one, a picture of one moment to carry with me anyway. As for the rest, the OP described them as his own personal life journal, and that is a good reason to get them. My problem lies with stupid, huge and often badly made pictures, but that is a matter of personal taste.

Can I quote you to this idiot who has the ugliest pictures made to anyone? I would love to see his face when asked if he could perhaps take a temp one for a few years before closing the deal.

I'm without coffee again, it makes me mean.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2014, 04:44 PM   #184
Never Convicted
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrder View Post
Right. Pretty sweet place, you get some where eye bleach is needed though.
That never happens in my dream. Well, once. It had teeth...but I digress...
Appreciate 0