New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

02-01-2024, 10:49 AM   #89
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Drives: F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoeTE87 View Post
Alright, so to piggyback off of my previous posts about the $1 charge by Amazon to drop off packages to the UPS store.

So last night, I had 7 packages to return with one already having a shipping label that I slapped on.

I walk into the UPS store with my returns, there were about 6 UPS workers there helping 3 customers. One of the workers comes over to me and tells me to follow her to a new machine that I haven't seen before. She proceeds to tell me that this is how she would like me to make my returns and shows me how to do it..pretty simple process. My returns were small items that I bought for my basement sound / video area that I no longer need. It's not like I had giant boxes.

So I was thinking, wtf is this shit. I continue to process my "OWN" packages and slap on the shipping label to each plastic bag that I put each return item into.

I was about half way done, I look up and no where in sight did I see a worker. I could hear them talking and laughing in the back while I am doing this shit for myself.

So a few customers come in with 2-3 return items each and they both left before me.

I don't care to do things on my own. I actually prefer self check out 99% of the time but when I am doing their work when they aren't busy..that's my problem. I wouldn't have cared if they were slammed and had a line. I would feel like I am helping them in some way..

Rant over.

I will just make sure to bring in 2-3 items at a time from now on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bagekko View Post
Yup our UPS store got that just after Xmas, and we have the same opinion why should I do someone else's job. Plus the line for the machine is always longer and takes more time cause you never know how many items the people in front need. Once there was a couple doing literally about 100 items, you have to do each item as separate transaction they had to be there at least 30 min using the machine.
Well you can't expect much intelligence out of people. Amazon is literally phasing out their jobs in front of their eyes, and they are laughing....

AMERIKA !!!
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2024, 11:49 AM   #90
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep

Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

My son has Prime.
We created a shared list: I put what I want on there. If he get a Zelle notice from me, he knows to check the list. Items appear at my door tomorrow.

Win-win-winner!
      02-01-2024, 12:23 PM   #91
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
My son has Prime.
We created a shared list: I put what I want on there. If he get a Zelle notice from me, he knows to check the list. Items appear at my door tomorrow.

Win-win-winner!
Money laundering and embezzlement. Nice.
Appreciate 1
vreihen1615272.50
      02-01-2024, 04:15 PM   #92
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
My son has Prime.

Win-win-winner!
Not sure if it's still a thing, but you can share you're prime with family members. I believe there's a limit of 1 or 2, but I shared it with my mom years ago and she still uses it. They don't get prime video or music or any of the other stuff but they get the expedited delivery. Unless they killed that also and my mom just happened to get grandfathered in.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2024, 04:20 PM   #93
bimmer456
Major General
Rep

Drives: 340i

Amazon prime isn’t worth it unless they give you a free trial during prime week. You can cancel and have the effective date be the end of the trial so you don’t get charged.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2024, 06:04 PM   #94
infinitekidM2C
Major General
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmer456 View Post
Amazon prime isn’t worth it unless they give you a free trial during prime week. You can cancel and have the effective date be the end of the trial so you don’t get charged.
do you clip coupons?
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2024, 06:31 PM   #95
bimmer456
Major General
Rep

Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by infinitekidM2C View Post
do you clip coupons?
You mean on anazon? If there’s a coupon at checkout I use it.
Appreciate 1
      02-01-2024, 07:07 PM   #96
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Real men don't use coupons. Heck, real men can't even *spell* the word coupon.....
      02-02-2024, 07:58 AM   #97
DubaiRich
Private
Rep

Drives: 2010 Z4

Garage List
2010 BMW Z4  [8.17]
You mean "Q-pon"!!
Appreciate 1
vreihen1615272.50
      02-02-2024, 08:12 AM   #98
Reborn_
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 2007 BMW Z4MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
Not sure if it's still a thing, but you can share you're prime with family members. I believe there's a limit of 1 or 2, but I shared it with my mom years ago and she still uses it. They don't get prime video or music or any of the other stuff but they get the expedited delivery. Unless they killed that also and my mom just happened to get grandfathered in.
I don't believe it's available anymore. A collection of guys and myself went in on it when prime first launched. There were 6 of us - all from different households and not related. The rules were more relaxed when Amazon was trying to drive adoption. I only knew 2 other guys, lol (the others were friends of the 'leader'). In the last 2 years, everybody but me and the 'leader' lost their access. No clue why I was saved, maybe it's down to 2 like you said, and I got lucky. So for a long time we were grandfathered, but Amazon has to continue driving growth! Similar to how netflix and other streamers are starting to focus on sharing of accounts. The other thing is my 'share' used to be $13/year when we started. My buddy doesn't actually charge me, but I think prime is like $139/year now?
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2024, 11:27 AM   #99
bagekko
Major
United_States
Rep

Drives: Lots of BMWs

Garage List
2018 M4 Vert  [0.00]
2006 Z4M Roadster  [0.00]
1995 540i  [0.00]
2008 BMW M5  [0.00]
2019 i3 Rex  [0.00]
2021 X7 40i MSport  [0.00]
I think to be a household member now you need to reside at the same address, verified from a CC billing maybe? But it does give prime video to household members now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reborn_ View Post
I don't believe it's available anymore. A collection of guys and myself went in on it when prime first launched. There were 6 of us - all from different households and not related. The rules were more relaxed when Amazon was trying to drive adoption. I only knew 2 other guys, lol (the others were friends of the 'leader'). In the last 2 years, everybody but me and the 'leader' lost their access. No clue why I was saved, maybe it's down to 2 like you said, and I got lucky. So for a long time we were grandfathered, but Amazon has to continue driving growth! Similar to how netflix and other streamers are starting to focus on sharing of accounts. The other thing is my 'share' used to be $13/year when we started. My buddy doesn't actually charge me, but I think prime is like $139/year now?
Appreciate 0