New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Video + PC Gaming / Computing

03-26-2008, 12:24 PM   #23
hl0m4n
Major General
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

i can't grow out of the side panel. i loom all my wires so its clean like an alienware. i love seeing the fans and everything inside function along with my water cooling. of course the lighted fans are different per person and the overal side panel/design.

as for the case it is a great case. my case was a $75 thermaltake back in 02 and it is kick ass. the mobo tray is a new feature that is so great. no need to dig your hands in there to do cpu work or swap. just pull the tray out swap slide back in and voila done. the case is solid too. drop it and its ok and i mean that .
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 12:28 PM   #24
Hawkeye
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep

Drives: '07 Z4 Coupe, '21 X3, '16 GMC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJerman View Post
See, I dunno. I personally would rather have to do a little more work than spend that much money on a case. Then again, I can have a computer apart and together in no time, so I guess it's not as big a deal to me, but I wouldn't DREAM of spending $300 on a case. Hell, I won't spend more than $100. Some of the best cases I've ever used have been < $50. Plus, I grew out of the lights and windows and stuff and now just prefer to not even see the box.
+1. It is not difficult at all to open the side of the case and switch the components. If I was switching them daily or even weekly this might be nice but you won't be doing it very often.
2021 BMW x30i • Phytonic Blue Metallic • Fully loaded
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2008, 06:28 PM   #25
PresaMat
Major
United_States
Rep

Drives: 67 GT500,69 Boss 429, 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
Sounds like you have an overzealous IT department and stupid management.
Actually everyone who has a computer like that is pushing theirs... except for me. We do a LOT of # crunching. I run the tech for the company (and the sysadmin). So i just alloted myself one too hehe. The only time I really would need more then a cheap PC is when im compiling kernels.

Don't get me started on the "big" desktops out developers lol (or our servers lol). We are waiting on Intels new chipset to get rid of the FSB. Also the data we use is growing at an exponential rate... so we are constantly having to upgrade to newer machines to do what we need to.

I cant really say publicly what we do... but I can say it has NOTHING to do with any kind of graphic processing (including any kinda geophysical graphics etc).

Tuned E92 335, Riss Racing downpipes! And hopefully over 400RWHP!!
Appreciate 0