New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BMW 5-Series (E39) Forums (1995 - 2003) > General E39 Discussions

10-13-2020, 03:44 PM   #1
Emiliglo
Rep

Drives: 2000 Mustang Gt

E39 525iT pulsing / stuttering through revs when warm

Hey everyone just seeking a bit of help or advice with my E39 manual wagon, car has 169k miles. I've seen other people have issues with this on various forums but not a definite answer, or not exactly my situation. So the issue is, throughout the power band , when warm, it will stutter or pulse as it climbs revs. In the last week I have replaced:

Spark plugs
Coil packs
VCG
Fuel filter and fuel pump.

I only get this issue after about 10 or so minutes of driving, when cold or right after first start of the day the car feels amazing! Especially after all the parts I've replaced, but it just seems to switch over to running like shit after some time passes by. I have 2 codes being thrown right now, post cat o2 sensor and I have a evap code because there is a hole in my gas tank, none of those effect it as car was driving great before, also I work at BMW and even had my shop foreman plug in our scanner while driving and the computer was not picking up anything and basically was telling me I got a mechanically sound m54. My foreman recommended taking out my pre cat o2 sensors and see how it runs thinking the cat is clogged but wouldn't I have the issues all the time then? Not just warm? I am going to try this but if anybody else has any other ideas or experience will be greatly appreciated, I am just throwing parts at it (the dealer will do the same don't take anything this old to dealer to figure out for you half the guys don't know what's their doing anyway) and just want it to be back where it was. And issue only started about 2 weeks ago so was "fine" before then.
Appreciate 0