Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

12-30-2019, 11:45 AM   #1
iconoclast
Self-Deprecating Narcissist
No_Country
Rep

Drives: Audi BMW Ferrari LR MB

Exclamation BPOT/PR Forum...

I would like to take a moment to comment on how we all have different feelings, opinions and ideologies on here but we all manage to get along. This is probably one of the few places where everyone manages to disagree and agree without going off the rails or having complete meltdowns. Grounded group of mature individuals who generally respect other's opinions and express theirs as well.

Nice to see that while our politicians may have become unhinged, polarized and some have lost their moral compass we as a group on here have not. I hope that is some sort of positive indication of the state of our country as well.

That being said; I hope 2020 is a better year for all us personally, politically and productively. Happy New Year. Health, wealth and everything in between to everyone on here. Be well.
Appreciate 9
      12-30-2019, 11:47 AM   #2
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Drives: 135i DCT

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by iconoclast View Post
I would like to take a moment to comment on how we all have different feelings, opinions and ideologies on here but we all manage to get along. This is probably one of the few places where everyone manages to disagree and agree without going off the rails or having complete meltdowns. Grounded group of mature individuals who generally respect other's opinions and express theirs as well.

Nice to see that while our politicians may have become unhinged, polarized and some have lost their moral compass we as a group on here have not. I hope that is some sort of positive indication of the state of our country as well.

That being said; I hope 2020 is a better year for all us personally, politically and productively. Happy New Year. Health, wealth and everything in between to everyone on here. Be well.
I second that!
MKSixer18316.50

12-30-2019, 02:31 PM   #3
cmyx6go
Major
Rep

Drives: 2019 X6 ///M

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [0.00]
Quote:

Are we reading the same BPOT/PR?

Happy New Year!
      12-30-2019, 04:29 PM   #4
SoCalS2k
Major
Rep

Drives: S2K!

Garage List
2001 Honda S2k  [0.00]
Quote:

This place used to be nothing like you are describing lol. In fact almost all the smart ppl left this place a while ago and all the crazy republicans are now the only ppl left here. So now there are almost no debates or arguments here anymore because all the smart ppl were filtered out.

So yes it's all calm because it's a bunch of insane ppl who all agree with each other.

I used to learn a lot here and looked forward to seeing a new thread on a topic I never thought about before and it felt like every day there was something. Now it's just endless posting in the same 5 threads. The posts are also all a different variation on the same message either that trump is really amazing, democrats are nazi or muslims aren't humans. Over and over and over again.

The moment you don't make a post saying something bad about a democrat or not saying trump is the greatest you will get attacked. Not in a way that will make you think or in a debate way but just to level of thinking a crazy republican which is basicly name calling Even their name calling is boring since it's always the same few types of name calling, nothing even smart or inventive with that even lol.

The only new threads are from like Anglo where he is just trying to troll something. I have been watching this place slowly dying since last election and it's kinda sad to see but that is what happens when you put stupid and crazy ppl off the leash. Smart ppl just all leaving :
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2019, 04:33 PM   #5
wjjkoevoets
Bright Sky
Netherlands
Rep

Drives: BMW M235i (8AT)

Garage List
2014 BMW M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalS2k View Post
This place used to be nothing like you are describing lol. In fact almost all the smart ppl left this place a while ago and all the crazy republicans are now the only ppl left here. So now there are almost no debates or arguments here anymore because all the smart ppl were filtered out.

So yes it's all calm because it's a bunch of insane ppl who all agree with each other.

I used to learn a lot here and looked forward to seeing a new thread on a topic I never thought about before and it felt like every day there was something. Now it's just endless posting in the same 5 threads. The posts are also all a different variation on the same message either that trump is really amazing, democrats are nazi or muslims aren't humans. Over and over and over again.

The moment you don't make a post saying something bad about a democrat or not saying trump is the greatest you will get attacked. Not in a way that will make you think or in a debate way but just to level of thinking a crazy republican which is basicly name calling Even their name calling is boring since it's always the same few types of name calling, nothing even smart or inventive with that even lol.

The only new threads are from like Anglo where he is just trying to troll something. I have been watching this place slowly dying since last election and it's kinda sad to see but that is what happens when you put stupid and crazy ppl off the leash. Smart ppl just all leaving :
There is zero hostility in the post I just quoted

EDIT: I've never voted republican!

Let us die young let us live forever! Carpe diem.
When the sky is bright we dance to infinity!
Appreciate 3
Run Silent12786.50
MKSixer18316.50

12-30-2019, 04:34 PM   #6
SoCalS2k
Major
Rep

Garage List
2001 Honda S2k  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjjkoevoets View Post
Quote:

There is zero hostility in the post I just quoted
Just call me a girl and get it over with lol
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2019, 04:35 PM   #7
Matt@EuroJerks
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:

You sound angry. I hope 2020 turns that around.
Also did you just call yourself stupid?
You all need to relax. It's not that serious.
Appreciate 5
Run Silent12786.50
N54Yankee1996.50
gjm1201219.00
MKSixer18316.50

12-30-2019, 04:37 PM   #8
wjjkoevoets
Bright Sky
Netherlands
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW M235i  [0.00]
Quote:
Why would I? I think your political ideas are... weird. I would probably disagree with you on a great many things, fundamental things. But at the end of the day I'd still sit down and have a beer with you.

Heck, I'd even get Dodger a soy milk green smoothie. I may even give him a hug.

Appreciate 3
SoCalS2k384.00
Run Silent12786.50
MKSixer18316.50

12-30-2019, 04:40 PM   #9
SoCalS2k
Major
Rep

Garage List
2001 Honda S2k  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Why would I? I think your political ideas are... weird. I would probably disagree with you on a great many things, fundamental things. But at the end of the day I'd still sit down and have a beer with you.

Well if that's true you are very rare around here lol I don't think the guy drinks soy. That's me that's what the crazy republicans told me I like. They also said I'm a rich asshole and also that I'm poor and uneducated. I'm also a Mexican and I have a vagina. Sometimes it has sand in it. There's a few more I can't remember now. Oh yea the most important. I'm a libtard from California.

I'm also now considered angry person lol. I'll add that to the list. See only high level name calling around here lol
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2019, 04:40 PM   #10
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep

Drives: E90 325i Arctic

Quote:

Dodger Stadium has soy milk now???? Well, not in right field bleachers/all you can eat section they don't!
Appreciate 2
MKSixer18316.50

12-30-2019, 04:45 PM   #11
Captain Blood
Pirate and thief, avast
United_States
Rep

Drives: 135i DCT

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Your post is really not in the spirit of the thread. You really just should have not posted at all.

12-30-2019, 04:46 PM   #12
Matt@EuroJerks
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Blood View Post
Your post is really not in the spirit of the thread. You really just should have not posted at all.
I agree.
Appreciate 1
      12-30-2019, 04:48 PM   #13
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep

Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
Quote:

And the same towards you. God Bless and I wish that you have a wonderful 2020.

Quote:
Well if that's true you are very rare around here lol I don't think the guy drinks soy. That's me that's what the crazy republicans told me I like. They also said I'm a rich asshole and also that I'm poor and uneducated. I'm also a Mexican and I have a vagina. Sometimes it has sand in it. There's a few more I can't remember now. Oh yea the most important. I'm a libtard from California.

I'm also now considered angry person lol. I'll add that to the list. See only high level name calling around here lol
Honestly, man - you do seem angry. I have no ill will towards you and wish you the best in life. You may be a bit unusual and may have political views that are different than mine, but I don't wish you any harm.

I hope that you find what you are looking for in 2020 and that it is a great year for you and those you love.
MKSixer18316.50

12-30-2019, 04:54 PM   #14
SoCalS2k
Major
Rep

Garage List
2001 Honda S2k  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Blood View Post
Quote:
That's the problem here. Truth and reality don't matter just whatever image you crazy ppl want to post about. I guess today the image is everyone here is really smart and everyone friendly here. Lol.
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2019, 04:56 PM   #15
SoCalS2k
Major
Rep

Garage List
2001 Honda S2k  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Run Silent View Post
Quote:

And the same towards you. God Bless and I wish that you have a wonderful 2020.

Quote:

Honestly, man - you do seem angry. I have no ill will towards you and wish you the best in life. You may be a bit unusual and may have political views that are different than mine, but I don't wish you any harm.

I hope that you find what you are looking for in 2020 and that it is a great year for you and those you love.
Well thanks I think? I don't know why you say you don't wish me any harm?? I don't think I ever say that to ppl I normally talk to, it almost sounds like a mafia threat or the way putin always talks about how he wishes only the best and no harm to his political opponents and then they all die lol.

But I know the current narrative for republicans is to say all libtard are angry ppl so like clockwork everyone here jumps on bandwagon to say I'm angry. Last year the message was that we were all girls so that was the name calling back then.

Always the same just name calling however you want to dress it up.

But i think I should say thanks and back to you too lol

Still waiting for the smart person to post in this thread. Oh whoops they all left this place
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2019, 05:02 PM   #16
wjjkoevoets
Bright Sky
Netherlands
Rep

Garage List
2014 BMW M235i  [0.00]
Quote:

I can be antagonizing and think your political ideas are wrong, but don't mistake that for hatred. I try to imagine you're just trying to live your life in a good way.

People care about countries. People care about the direction countries are headed in. So yeah, things get heated sometimes. Even though I'm not an American, having lived there very briefly, I care about the direction it's going in. Even though it does not directly affect me that much.

I wouldn't worry too much about the "titles bestowed upon you". Honestly, it works both ways. I've been called a great many things, but I don't care because they do not accurately describe me or my political beliefs. Why would I take it seriously if someone calls me a nazi? Or in your case you having a vagina (assuming you don't really have one :P).

Have a good new year, that goes for all y'all!

Appreciate 2
Run Silent12786.50
MKSixer18316.50

12-31-2019, 09:51 AM   #17
MKSixer
Major General
Rep

Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [5.00]
2015 BMW i8  [5.00]
Well said. A great way to close the year and start 2020.

I wish everyone a happy, prosperous, safe and high-speed 2020. This is a BMW forum, after all!

Quote:

Lewi6, First of His Name, Destroyer of Careers, Master of Pole Positions, 6X WDC, Master of All Tracks, Scorer of Maximum Points, Whisperer of Tires, Minimizer of Fuel Utilization, Maximizer of Consistency in Finishing. Look Upon Him With DRED.
Appreciate 2
iconoclast3876.50

12-31-2019, 09:59 AM   #18
G35POPPEDMYCHERRY
Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Drives: Totaled Toyota Celica :((

LOL some people are just programmed to be hostile online. with their "huh" or hands up emoji LOL. that only shows you are being a 5 year old not listening. get a gripe. no one cares how smart you sound online or in person. your defense mechanisms are second to none. no one knows what is right or wrong, if we did the world wouldn't be such a fucked up place. everyone makes mistakes. everyone crys, bleeds, has to deal with adversity; yet we are so critical of others. for example anyone who is POTUS, you better have thick skin, some of yall would committ suicide with the shit they handed. but it is what it is, and anger towards xyz will only cause you to live a bitter life. you only got so much time, make it happy and try to help others. happy 2020 yall.
Appreciate 1
      12-31-2019, 11:43 AM   #19
F32Fleet
Major General
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2015 435i

I'd vote for banning all politics on the forum. Other sites have been successful without it.

435i, MPPK, MPE, M-Sport Line
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2019, 11:46 AM   #20
Run Silent
Run Deep
United_States
Rep

Drives: Back and Forth To Work

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by F32Fleet View Post
I'd vote for banning all politics on the forum. Other sites have been successful without it.
Attached Images

12-31-2019, 11:50 AM   #21
TheWatchGuy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by G35POPPEDMYCHERRY View Post
LOL some people are just programmed to be hostile online. with their "huh" or hands up emoji LOL. that only shows you are being a 5 year old not listening. get a gripe. no one cares how smart you sound online or in person. your defense mechanisms are second to none. no one knows what is right or wrong, if we did the world wouldn't be such a fucked up place. everyone makes mistakes. everyone crys, bleeds, has to deal with adversity; yet we are so critical of others. for example anyone who is POTUS, you better have thick skin, some of yall would committ suicide with the shit they handed. but it is what it is, and anger towards xyz will only cause you to live a bitter life. you only got so much time, make it happy and try to help others. happy 2020 yall.

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 1
      12-31-2019, 11:51 AM   #22
TheWatchGuy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Drives: 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by F32Fleet View Post
fuck that. this section the only reason i come back to the site.

Am I a watch guy, or do i watch guys?
Appreciate 3
MKSixer18316.50
Run Silent12786.50