New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

02-16-2022, 02:58 PM   #199
rebekahb
First Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
We need an update here!
Be careful what you ask for
Appreciate 1
cmyx6go15762.50
      02-16-2022, 03:07 PM   #200
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep

Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebekahb View Post
Oh whatever. You cant tell me you aren't curious for an update! You too cmyx6go , I see you down there on the appreciate button.
Appreciate 1
TiMSport12803.00
      02-16-2022, 03:09 PM   #201
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep

Drives: '21 M340i xDrive, '17 Audi S3

LOL. A twitchy appreciate button finger?
Appreciate 1
cmyx6go15762.50
      02-16-2022, 03:16 PM   #202
cmyx6go
Colonel
Rep

Drives: 2022 X6///M Comp

Garage List
2019 X6 ///M  [10.00]
Quote:
Oh whatever. You cant tell me you aren't curious for an update! You too cmyx6go , I see you down there on the appreciate button.
I figured between this thread and the new guy in the dating thread it's a bit much. I want to bang my head against the wall. Why ask for advice if you're not going to follow it?
      02-16-2022, 04:17 PM   #203
DETRoadster
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
I figured between this thread and the new guy in the dating thread it's a bit much. I want to bang my head against the wall. Why ask for advice if you're not going to follow it?
I know! I want to merge those 2 threads together. Or at least intro those guys to each other so they can create their own "Why am I always stuck in the friend-zone" support group.

What I find interesting is they both exhibit the exact same overanalyzing traits: "She tilted her head left 45 degrees which confused me because I usually associate a 50 degree tilt as being interested in me and a 40 degree tilt as being upset. This was definitely a 45 degree tilt and I have no frame of reference for that that could mean. What do you guys think? Is she in to me? Should I make a move? She likes cats and I'm allergic so probably wont work out anyway. She doesn't have a cat but she might get a cat and that would be too much. I'll end it. But we have such great conversations. She always picks up when I call. I'm paying her rent, car payment, and cook her dinner 5 night a week. Maybe she will kiss me"
Appreciate 4
upstatedoc7563.50
TiMSport12803.00
rebekahb3132.50
antgenn319.00
      02-16-2022, 07:28 PM   #204
rebekahb
First Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Quote:

Haha, I actually forgot about it until I saw the thread move up to the top.

I just lost it laughing at your above post. Spot on! I've read their posts shaking my head not even sure how to respond.
Appreciate 1
DETRoadster11462.50
      02-16-2022, 07:29 PM   #205
DETRoadster
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Haha, I actually forgot about it until I saw the thread move up to the top.
Just doin' my part.
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2022, 06:17 AM   #206
No one
Major
Rep

Drives: F21 118i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyx6go View Post
I want to bang my head against the wall. Why ask for advice if you're not going to follow it?
It's not an advice, it's the girl he wants. If I need to put it simpler, what he's wondering is if he should grab her tits or her butt first and you are telling him to jerk off.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2022, 05:44 PM   #207
D_o_S
LCI'd
Rep

Drives: 335i LCI

Update... I don't want to leave you guys out in the cold, but we haven't had the aforementioned conversation yet.

A lot has happened in between, I saw her post covid and again had a strange encounter: given the fact that we hadn't seen each other for a while and we were supposed to go to out to dinner with friends, she didn't even say hello in the doorway (maybe I'm being too harsh... my memory would like to be merciful), but instead said "you can throw out the garbage" and "we're taking my car"... upon which she didn't even say anything to me in the car? I mean, so long as I was trying to converse with her, it was "a little here, a little there", but if I was silent (and as I say, we hadn't seen each other in a while), she didn't ask me how I am... what's up, etc.

Soooooo, I helped her out with some stuff (simp? nice guy? yeah whatever)...

Saw her since then a few times, she called me a few times and everything was "good"... we had some good, positive conversations, we both had laughs...

I had a 4 year "hobby" project fail on me one week (I was supposed to meet some certification deadlines for a product, which I had no time for), I told her "I had failed" and she just said "yeah, life goes on"... It sort of hurt me, but not much, I was expecting the project to fail...

I took her out for Valentine's, which was nice - had a nice dinner, a good conversation... She said she is happy to have me in her life, that she is grateful for how I support her... I thanked her for being who she is...

And lo and behold, I fall sick this week... and she doesn't ask me how I am? I was planning on having this convo with her as well, as she almost never asks me how I am... which on the level of day to day life I can understand... but when your loved one is sick, do you just go by, not noticing? Waiting for them to tell you how they feel? So, I think I will bring up this convo first... and then proceed regarding the "exercise and supportive side of things"...

At the end of the day, we live in a society where both man and woman can make it through life without ever needing anybody. That doesn't mean they should.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2022, 06:54 PM   #208
upstatedoc
I'll get back to you
Rep

Drives: blue streak

Dude, just give her Your wallet. That's all she wants
Appreciate 1
DETRoadster11462.50
      02-20-2022, 07:18 PM   #209
wtwo3
Major General
Rep

Drives: 23 X7 40i; 23 M3; 24 cooper s

Garage List
This is still going on?

'20 BMW m340i... '20 BMW X5 40i... '16 Infiniti Q50 RS 400... '10 Lexus RX 350... '08 Lexus IS 350... '00 Nissan Maxima... '93 Nissan Maxima
Appreciate 3
upstatedoc7563.50
sygazelle11420.50
      02-20-2022, 07:23 PM   #210
No one
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by upstatedoc View Post
Dude, just give her Your wallet. That's all she wants
Just empty it first:

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_o_S View Post
said "you can throw out the garbage" and "we're taking my car"

"Some guys do nothing but complain."
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2022, 08:55 PM   #211
DETRoadster
Rep

Quote:
Update... I don't want to leave you guys out in the cold, but we haven't had the aforementioned conversation yet.

A lot has happened in between, I saw her post covid and again had a strange encounter: given the fact that we hadn't seen each other for a while and we were supposed to go to out to dinner with friends, she didn't even say hello in the doorway (maybe I'm being too harsh... my memory would like to be merciful), but instead said "you can throw out the garbage" and "we're taking my car"... upon which she didn't even say anything to me in the car? I mean, so long as I was trying to converse with her, it was "a little here, a little there", but if I was silent (and as I say, we hadn't seen each other in a while), she didn't ask me how I am... what's up, etc.

Soooooo, I helped her out with some stuff (simp? nice guy? yeah whatever)...

Saw her since then a few times, she called me a few times and everything was "good"... we had some good, positive conversations, we both had laughs...

I had a 4 year "hobby" project fail on me one week (I was supposed to meet some certification deadlines for a product, which I had no time for), I told her "I had failed" and she just said "yeah, life goes on"... It sort of hurt me, but not much, I was expecting the project to fail...

I took her out for Valentine's, which was nice - had a nice dinner, a good conversation... She said she is happy to have me in her life, that she is grateful for how I support her... I thanked her for being who she is...

And lo and behold, I fall sick this week... and she doesn't ask me how I am? I was planning on having this convo with her as well, as she almost never asks me how I am... which on the level of day to day life I can understand... but when your loved one is sick, do you just go by, not noticing? Waiting for them to tell you how they feel? So, I think I will bring up this convo first... and then proceed regarding the "exercise and supportive side of things"...

At the end of the day, we live in a society where both man and woman can make it through life without ever needing anybody. That doesn't mean they should.
I hate to say it but literally every time you check in, the situation is worse for you. Not only is this chick not into you romantically, I'm now wondering how much she values your friendship. I think you are in her life when and as it is convent for her. Nothing more. You really need to move on. This one aint going anywhere. Never was, never will.
Appreciate 1
rebekahb3132.50
      02-20-2022, 09:04 PM   #212
Darth One
drunk poster
United_States
Rep

Drives: M4 GTS | E46 M3

How's that friendzone working out for ya
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2022, 09:31 PM   #213
shoei
Banned
Rep

Drives: MW Vespa w/pink racing stripes

The fake one is the Op to be completely fair. She's let her intentions be known and it's quite clear. Op is doing nice things not because he's just a nice guy - he's doing nice things for her hoping it will win her over. It's why he needs to have a "conversation" with her because he's not getting what he needs. Aka what he expected.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2022, 10:10 PM   #214
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep

Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

Stumbled upon this and have no idea wtf is going on so I'll see myself out with the best words of wisdom I can give you:

I don't love these hoes.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2022, 10:13 PM   #215
No one
Major
Rep

Quote:
I hate to say it but literally every time you check in, the situation is worse for you. Not only is this chick not into you romantically, I'm now wondering how much she values your friendship. I think you are in her life when and as it is convent for her. Nothing more. You really need to move on. This one aint going anywhere. Never was, never will.
She's overfilled with contempt towards him: she believes he's a hopeless loser. She wouldn't fuck him doubting he could succeed even at that, at least. He doesn't move on because he feels like it's the best he can have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoei View Post
The fake one is the Op to be completely fair. She's let her intentions be known and it's quite clear. Op is doing nice things not because he's just a nice guy - he's doing nice things for her hoping it will win her over. It's why he needs to have a "conversation" with her because he's not getting what he needs. Aka what he expected.
Isn't taking her out for Valentine's making his intentions clear? Should he jump on her to clarify that further? Probably not: they both see it clearly. He skips the "conversation" because he knows it's pointless: it will give him nothing more than what he has. She will just make it explicit he must decide. He knows that already (everybody told him here ) but feels reluctant: he likes/values what he has.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2022, 11:25 PM   #216
DETRoadster
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickyC View Post
Stumbled upon this and have no idea wtf is going on so I'll see myself out with the best words of wisdom I can give you:

I don't love these hoes.
This is what we are left with for entertainment now that the politics section is closed.
Appreciate 2
NickyC17484.50
cmyx6go15762.50
      02-21-2022, 12:28 AM   #217
NickyC
Lieutenant General
Rep

Drives: M4 CS. Former G82, x2 F82, F80

Quote:
This is what we are left with for entertainment now that the politics section is closed.
Hah!
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2022, 12:55 AM   #218
Monster335
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2020 M4

The other day I found a Tmobile phone so I decided to call customer service and the girl actually answered my call. I dont want to bore you guys with a 20 page conversation but she said I was so sweet for turning in a phone. I think she likes me.

I will update you guys later on what happens.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2022, 01:38 AM   #219
Beemerke
Private
Poland
Rep

Drives: BMW 320e G21 Luxury Line

Garage List
Quote:
And lo and behold, I fall sick this week... and she doesn't ask me how I am?
Let me ask it instead.. How are you?
Get well soon buddy!
      02-21-2022, 07:18 AM   #220
o_g
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep

Drives: '11 M3, '22 Ioniq5

Get well soon OP.
Appreciate 0