New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

04-24-2023, 09:53 AM   #7679
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by sygazelle View Post
Just to be clear, you're talking about you polishing the chrome on your car, right?
His wife is going with him!

I ASSumed motorcycle, since the name made it sound like a motorcycle rally event.....
cmyx6go15762.50
UncleWede18031.00
      05-05-2023, 11:30 AM   #7680
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep

Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Special allegations: WTF???

"also admitted a special allegation of Use of a Deadly Weapon, a knife" while pleading guilty to Second degree murder.

So, if you murder someone with anything other than your deadly hands, then it's special? I understand the SA of say, gang related. But how is it special that you "unalived" someone with a weapon?
      05-05-2023, 03:17 PM   #7681
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
Special allegations: WTF???

"also admitted a special allegation of Use of a Deadly Weapon, a knife" while pleading guilty to Second degree murder.

So, if you murder someone with anything other than your deadly hands, then it's special? I understand the SA of say, gang related. But how is it special that you "unalived" someone with a weapon?
What case is this?
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2023, 04:40 PM   #7682
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep

Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
What case is this?
I see it all the time in Ventura County. Special allegations on murders almost always include something to tell you HOW they killed the person. This latest case was a guy who got in a fight after a party and stabbed someone 10 times.

As opposed to a recent case here where BF/Mom killed a baby in the hospital shortly after he was born. Since BF just covered the baby's mouth, there were no special allegations related to the weapon.
      05-06-2023, 03:33 PM   #7683
DO444
Banned
Rep

Drives: 340i

How long do you think America in it’s current form will continue under the system of government it has?

Appreciate 0
      05-06-2023, 08:35 PM   #7684
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DO444 View Post
How long do you think America in it’s current form will continue under the system of government it has?

It’s going to get worse before it gets better. I think we are barely at the base of the proverbial mountain.
Appreciate 3
DO4441408.50
jmack548.50
      05-06-2023, 08:39 PM   #7685
DO444
Banned
Rep

Quote:
It’s going to get worse before it gets better. I think we are barely at the base of the proverbial mountain.
Yup, I agree.
Do you and the majority of the force see a war at home as likely or do you see secession as more likely?

It’s interesting to hear from someone closest to the streets.

Personally, I have no clue what will happen and I’ll put it out there first. I just hope something happens because living in this country with all the dysfunctional BS is awful.

Day to day life is fine right?
But because of all the hatred you just never know when something like what just happens in Allen TX is going to happen again.

All you know is, it will happen again, and again, and again.

I recently had someone tell me that they believed all the things happening in America were due to the civil war never really having been settled.

And that was the most positive thing I’ve really ever heard anyone say. It shows that people are paying attention.

So, war or peaceful secession?

I can’t imagine any scenario where things just magically work out here, but if that’s your take I’d love to hear it.

Thanks for the input and good luck out there.
Appreciate 0
      05-06-2023, 09:12 PM   #7686
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Yup, I agree.
Do you and the majority of the force see a war at home as likely or do you see secession as more likely?

It’s interesting to hear from someone closest to the streets.

Personally, I have no clue what will happen and I’ll put it out there first. I just hope something happens because living in this country with all the dysfunctional BS is awful.

Day to day life is fine right?
But because of all the hatred you just never know when something like what just happens in Allen TX is going to happen again.

All you know is, it will happen again, and again, and again.

I recently had someone tell me that they believed all the things happening in America were due to the civil war never really having been settled.

And that was the most positive thing I’ve really ever heard anyone say. It shows that people are paying attention.

So, war or peaceful secession?

I can’t imagine any scenario where things just magically work out here, but if that’s your take I’d love to hear it.

Thanks for the input and good luck out there.
I think everybody is energized in relation to the values they hold dearest (…or simply by doing what is right in their own mind(s); a biblical reference). That energy has polarized everybody. Look at where we are now……..drag shows for kids, gender transitions on kids, etc. It’s just evil from my vantage point, and the descent is happening on a grand/massive level. In a bubble, the world is operating in a way we recognize, but when you find yourself in front of ugliness, it drives home the reality that people have lost their minds. There is so much dysfunction permeating society. If I had to wager a guess, people would relegate themselves to engaging in civil war before giving up anything to this government.
Appreciate 1
DO4441408.50
      05-06-2023, 09:15 PM   #7687
DO444
Banned
Rep

Thanks for your views.
I’ll read it a few more times and think on it, but yea I basically agree with you.

I’m hoping that the states can eventually organize and just exit this completely useless federal bureaucracy.

It serves no purpose anymore other than to punish and harm.
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25116.50
      05-06-2023, 11:08 PM   #7688
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for your views.
I’ll read it a few more times and think on it, but yea I basically agree with you.

I’m hoping that the states can eventually organize and just exit this completely useless federal bureaucracy.

It serves no purpose anymore other than to punish and harm.
The idea of secession is interesting. I’ve been reading more and more accounts of states wanting to secede. To me that is telling. Texas came the closest to pulling it off and California has considered splitting the state in half. There are some inherent issues with secession, but I’m supportive of it.
Appreciate 3
DO4441408.50
      05-07-2023, 01:39 AM   #7689
DO444
Banned
Rep

Quote:
The idea of secession is interesting. I’ve been reading more and more accounts of states wanting to secede. To me that is telling. Texas came the closest to pulling it off and California has considered splitting the state in half. There are some inherent issues with secession, but I’m supportive of it.
As crazy as I find the left, and I believe they are hate filled insane immoral psychopaths hell bent on destroying everything good in this world including the planet we live on, including human kind itself… I have no desire to try to control them.

They do not feel the same. They love authority without any consent. They love abusing raw power to ruin anyone’s life that they don’t like the sound or look of.

All I want is to have the freedom to not be controlled by evil psychopaths. I’m hopeful that others come around to that view. I want to see a future that looks positive instead of pointless.

My guess is that should the process to secede take hold in a number of conservative states, the left will be the loudest, angriest voice against secession since they’ll lose their hostages and have to live under their own BS with no one to blame but themselves.

I’d give them 20yrs at best before their entire economy and government completely crumble, if they were on their own.

Imagine what a wonderful world it would be without the left. I’d willingly give away both coasts (and I’ve lived on both) and any number of other states to have autonomy from their destructive insanity. Really, no price would be too high to pay for America to split up, divorce, and end this culture war.

Culture war is a misnomer since millions are dying yearly to it. I have a wonderful life, but I feel the anger, hatred, hopelessness, jealousy, racism, bigotry of low expectations is at a point where it affects everyone. If it were not for the left, I wouldn’t probably even feel the need to own a gun.
Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan25116.50
      05-07-2023, 01:43 AM   #7690
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
As crazy as I find the left, and I believe they are hate filled insane immoral psychopaths hell bent on destroying everything good in this world including the planet we live on, including human kind itself… I have no desire to try to control them.

They do not feel the same. They love authority without any consent. They love abusing raw power to ruin anyone’s life that they don’t like the sound or look of.

All I want is to have the freedom to not be controlled by evil psychopaths. I’m hopeful that others come around to that view. I want to see a future that looks positive instead of pointless.

My guess is that should the process to secede take hold in a number of conservative states, the left will be the loudest, angriest voice against secession since they’ll lose their hostages and have to live under their own BS with no one to blame but themselves.

I’d give them 20yrs at best before their entire economy and government completely crumble, if they were on their own

Imagine what a wonderful world it would be without the left. I’d willingly give away both coasts (and I’ve lived on both) and any number of other states to have autonomy from their destructive insanity. Really, no price would be too high to pay for America to split up, divorce, and end this culture war.
I agree 100%. Your viewpoint is consistent with that of many, many conservatives and moderates.
Appreciate 3
DO4441408.50
      05-07-2023, 01:45 AM   #7691
DO444
Banned
Rep

Quote:
I agree 100%. Your viewpoint is consistent with that of many, many conservatives and moderates.
Well, then there’s hope!
Thanks.

Appreciate 0
      05-07-2023, 05:28 AM   #7692
Murf the Surf
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: Porsche 993

Quote:
I think everybody is energized in relation to the values they hold dearest (…or simply by doing what is right in their own mind(s); a biblical reference). That energy has polarized everybody. Look at where we are now……..drag shows for kids, gender transitions on kids, etc. It’s just evil from my vantage point, and the descent is happening on a grand/massive level. In a bubble, the world is operating in a way we recognize, but when you find yourself in front of ugliness, it drives home the reality that people have lost their minds. There is so much dysfunction permeating society. If I had to wager a guess, people would relegate themselves to engaging in civil war before giving up anything to this government.
It's not just the USA, I believe that most western democracies are struggling with division, anger and hate. It varies from country to country but we are seeing very similar things north of the border with respect to gender reassignment in the very young, drag shows and very powerful political division that deteriorates into outright hate, there is no trust in government nor the media. Two provinces are talking about separating from Canada. My hope is things can return to some state of balance sooner rather than later because this is a very dangerous path we are on.

To quote Rodney King, "why can't we all just get along"?

Careful here, don't want this thread to devolve into a political debate that get's the thread taken down.
Appreciate 5
Sedan_Clan25116.50
DO4441408.50
dradernh4413.00
BMWGUYinCO4122.50
      05-08-2023, 04:08 AM   #7693
M5Rick
General
Rep

Drives: M5 F10 DCT Gunmetal

Dangerous dog attacks on the public are getting out of control with police forced to take drastic action, here's the latest typical incident in Limehouse,East London after a woman was attacked by dogs and armed police took decision to shoot both dogs and taser owner.
https://uk.yahoo.com/news/limehouse-...070329798.html
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2023, 05:28 AM   #7694
Murf the Surf
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: Porsche 993

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Rick View Post
Dangerous dog attacks on the public are getting out of control with police forced to take drastic action, here's the latest typical incident in Limehouse,East London after a woman was attacked by dogs and armed police took decision to shoot both dogs and taser owner.
https://uk.yahoo.com/news/limehouse-...070329798.html
Should've tasered the dogs and shot the owner.
Appreciate 5
vreihen1615283.00
cmyx6go15762.50
jamesinaz1646.50
DO4441408.50
UncleWede18031.00
      05-08-2023, 06:59 AM   #7695
M5Rick
General
Rep

Another recent incident and these were not dangerous dogs.
https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/first-pic...ogs-at-surrey/
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2023, 07:56 AM   #7696
///d
Captain
United_States
Rep

Drives: F15 35d M Sport

Quote:
Another recent incident and these were not dangerous dogs.
https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/first-pic...ogs-at-surrey/
What do you mean by dangerous dogs? I'm assuming you mean dangerous breed?

My Diesel Information Thread | My Wheels, Tires, and Fitment Thread | My Teardrop Camper Build | My F15 Suspension Lift Thread
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2023, 08:42 AM   #7697
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///d View Post
What do you mean by dangerous dogs? I'm assuming you mean dangerous breed?
Dangerous breeds are self explanatory, your post referring to my input of a tragic incident involved non-dangerous breeds.
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2023, 09:35 AM   #7698
///d
Captain
United_States
Rep

Drives: F15 35d M Sport

Quote:
Dangerous breeds are self explanatory, your post referring to my input of a tragic incident involved non-dangerous breeds.
And what is a dangerous breed?

I'm not sure what you're thoughts are behind dog breeds, but I'll say this;

There are no dangerous breeds, only irresponsible owners and/or unfortunate situations. I've been attacked, snarled at, chased by, and bitten by more small breed dogs and "family" breeds than any other. None of which are considered dangerous breeds by todays society, yet every "dangerous" breed I've encountered has been just fine. Difference is, small breed dogs usually don't do enough damage for people to report and everyone thinks it's "cute" they act bigger than they are, and large family breed dogs don't get reported because everyone sees it as an honest and innocent mistake, but if it's a breed of dog that the media tells us we should fear because they look mean then it becomes a big deal and all dogs in that breed get a bad rep (kind of like something else the media tells us to fear). Unfortunately the less respectable communities tend to gravitate towards those mean looking breeds and train them accordingly, contributing to the media and society's unfavorable and skewed perception of them.

Animals get stressed just like humans, they react to situations, to stress, to fear, just like any living creature. And sometimes, just like humans, they lose their senses and do bad things. Has nothing to do with breed.

My Diesel Information Thread | My Wheels, Tires, and Fitment Thread | My Teardrop Camper Build | My F15 Suspension Lift Thread
Appreciate 1
Buug95917423.00
      05-08-2023, 09:45 AM   #7699
M5Rick
General
Rep

Quote:

There are no dangerous breeds, only irresponsible owners and/or unfortunate situations. I've been attacked, snarled at, chased by, and bitten by more small breed dogs and "family" breeds than any other. None of which are considered dangerous breeds by todays society, yet every "dangerous" breed I've encountered has been just fine. Difference is, small breed dogs usually don't do enough damage for people to report and everyone thinks it's "cute" they act bigger than they are, and large family breed dogs don't get reported because everyone sees it as an honest and innocent mistake, but if it's a breed of dog that the media tells us we should fear because they look mean then it becomes a big deal and all dogs in that breed get a bad rep (kind of like something else the media tells us to fear). Unfortunately the less respectable communities tend to gravitate towards those mean looking breeds and train them accordingly, contributing to the media and society's unfavorable and skewed perception of them.

Animals get stressed just like humans, they react to situations, to stress, to fear, just like any living creature. And sometimes, just like humans, they lose their senses and do bad things. Has nothing to do with breed.

https://www.starlimited.co.uk/blog/t...eds-in-the-uk/
Appreciate 1
vreihen1615283.00
      05-08-2023, 03:11 PM   #7700
jamesinaz
First Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 2013 X3 2017 540i

Garage List
Quote:

My definition of a dangerous breed is one capable of doing serious damage if it decides to attack. For example while Chihuahuas are prone to biting I've never heard of a fatal attack from one. While pit bulls and rottweilers are quite capable of killing a human and usually when I read a story of a human fatality those breeds pop to the top.

So breeds with a track record of killing people fall into the "dangerous breed class" for me.

Yes, animals in this class can be good pets and friendly. Problem is when you mix dangerous dog breeds with stupid or evil owners.
Appreciate 1
M5Rick60091.50