New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

07-05-2022, 01:17 PM   #6183
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
United_States
Rep

Drives: G01 X3 M40i Dark Graphite

SB 357 passed. Now you can't arrest street workers for prostitution???? Oh, and of course DA Gascon is happy.
      07-05-2022, 01:25 PM   #6184
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
SB 357 passed. Now you can't arrest street workers for prostitution???? Oh, and of course DA Gascon is happy.
….and of course they claim enforcing prostitution laws are racist, etc…….all while ignoring that sex workers are exploited, beaten, raped, etc. Decriminalizing crime all in the name of "equity". This does nothing but embolden the pimp to get more of his hoes on the track, knowing the bill hamstrings law enforcement. California is ass-backwards. If the state wants to legalize prostitution, allowing street-walking isn't the way to do it. There are better ways to implement it.
Appreciate 3
vreihen1614886.50
paquet629.50
      07-05-2022, 02:32 PM   #6185
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
Ukraine
Rep

Drives: 2015 BMW i3 BEV

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
There are better ways to implement it.
...so that it's taxable?????
      07-05-2022, 02:36 PM   #6186
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep

Drives: a slow car fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
Quote:
There are better ways to implement it.
...so that it's taxable?????
And there should be frequent flyer discounts.
      07-05-2022, 02:56 PM   #6187
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
Ukraine
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban View Post
I could tell you a disgusting story involving a legal brothel in Nevada, but I don't want to leave the entire male population of BP-OT impotent from the mental picture. Let's just say that there's not enough rum in Murph's entire province to make me want to be a customer of that place.....
      07-05-2022, 02:59 PM   #6188
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by vreihen16 View Post
Quote:
I could tell you a disgusting story involving a legal brothel in Nevada, but I don't want to leave the entire male population of BP-OT impotent from the mental picture. Let's just say that there's not enough rum in Murph's entire province to make me want to be a customer of that place.....
Sounds pretty gross. And I was just kidding. Have never engaged in that kind of act and never will.
      07-05-2022, 03:15 PM   #6189
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Only politicians can afford that
      07-05-2022, 03:18 PM   #6190
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Quote:
….and of course they claim enforcing prostitution laws are racist, etc…….
There are quite a few recent law adjustments because it unfairly targets a certain ethnic portion of society. Low riders/cruising, street walking both fall into that category. And it's not like there aren't significant numbers of all ethnicity walking the streets, although maybe not as many driving low riders (that can hop)
      07-05-2022, 03:57 PM   #6191
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Only politicians can afford that
Why would politicians need a discount? The (imaginary) discounts would be for those that have difficulty affording that luxury. And, that visit often. lol
      07-05-2022, 07:20 PM   #6192
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Why would politicians need a discount? The (imaginary) discounts would be for those that have difficulty affording that luxury. And, that visit often. lol
Only politicians could "afford" to go often enough to generate a frequent flyer discount
      07-05-2022, 08:26 PM   #6193
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Only politicians could "afford" to go often enough to generate a frequent flyer discount
Well, if they can afford it maybe they should pass on the discount to those more needy and are interested in that kind of thing.
      07-05-2022, 11:18 PM   #6194
ezaircon4jc
Major General
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2019 540i M Sport

Quote:
Well, if they can afford it maybe they should pass on the discount to those more needy and are interested in that kind of thing.
A politician passing on a discount? That's crazy talk!!
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2022, 11:28 PM   #6195
Esteban
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezaircon4jc View Post
A politician passing on a discount? That's crazy talk!!
But we the people!?!?
      07-07-2022, 10:19 AM   #6196
UncleWede
United_States
Rep

Anything?

Why is it that when I find an unopened box of Schwann's Vanilla in the freezer, that might have hidden for a few months, the ice cream has shrunk up about 1/4" around the edges?

YEAH, I still ate it.
      07-07-2022, 02:26 PM   #6197
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Anything?

Why is it that when I find an unopened box of Schwann's Vanilla in the freezer, that might have hidden for a few months, the ice cream has shrunk up about 1/4" around the edges?

YEAH, I still ate it.
Now THAT is an interesting question. Lol!
Appreciate 1
      07-07-2022, 03:14 PM   #6198
vreihen16
Recovering Perfectionist
Ukraine
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

Esteban42197.50
      07-08-2022, 08:08 AM   #6199
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Last night one of my partners narrowly avoided being stabbed by a meth-head tweeker.

Around 0300 hours one of my partners put out emergent radio traffic stating he was involved in a fight. We all began rolling Code 3 to his location and arrived on scene within a couple of minutes. We ended up having to go hands-on and thankfully we were able to subdue the male suspect before he was able to stab anybody. He had a concealed knife locked in the fixed position (…a felony here in California) and he manufactured a sheath for the knife out of writing paper and black electrical tape (…which aided articulating his intent to have the knife available as an immediate stabbing device; dirk/dagger). Whether our D.A. files on the two felony charges is another story altogether.
Appreciate 3
vreihen1614886.50
      07-08-2022, 09:23 AM   #6200
Murf the Surf
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: Porsche 993

Quote:
Last night one of my partners narrowly avoided being stabbed by a meth-head tweeker.

Around 0300 hours one of my partners put out emergent radio traffic stating he was involved in a fight. We all began rolling Code 3 to his location and arrived on scene within a couple of minutes. We ended up having to go hands-on and thankfully we were able to subdue the male suspect before he was able to stab anybody. He had a concealed knife locked in the fixed position (…a felony here in California) and he manufactured a sheath for the knife out of writing paper and black electrical tape (…which aided articulating his intent to have the knife available as an immediate stabbing device; dirk/dagger). Whether our D.A. files on the two felony charges is another story altogether.
Hopefully the "tweeker" was properly spoken too by the arresting officers.
Appreciate 2
Sedan_Clan24817.00
paquet629.50
      07-08-2022, 09:40 AM   #6201
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf the Surf View Post
Quote:

Hopefully the "tweeker" was properly spoken too by the arresting officers.
Yes! We had a very in-depth conversation with him upon arriving on scene.

…..and it could've all been avoided had he just complied, but that's typically too much to ask from these knuckleheads. My partner caught him rummaging through a car in a dark parking lot, so naturally he went to investigate thinking the suspect might've been burglarizing a vehicle or trying to steal the vehicle (…we have FLOCK cameras and we deal with stolen vehicles and get into pursuits daily). Instead the suspect decided he wanted to fight.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2022, 09:44 AM   #6202
Murf the Surf
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: Porsche 993

Quote:
Yes! We had a very in-depth conversation with him upon arriving on scene.

…..and it could've all been avoided had he just complied, but that's typically too much to ask from these knuckleheads. My partner caught him rummaging through a car in a dark parking lot, so naturally he went to investigate thinking the suspect might've been burglarizing a vehicle or trying to steal the vehicle (…we have Flock cameras and we deal with stolen vehicles and get into pursuits daily). Instead the suspect decided he wanted to fight.
Resistance is futile.
Appreciate 5
Sedan_Clan24817.00
vreihen1614886.50
Buug95916842.50
paquet629.50
      07-08-2022, 12:17 PM   #6203
bayarea328xit
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Drives: 19 i3s; 07 328xit (sold)

Quote:
He had a concealed knife locked in the fixed position (…a felony here in California) and he manufactured a sheath for the knife out of writing paper and black electrical tape (…which aided articulating his intent to have the knife available as an immediate stabbing device; dirk/dagger).
Can you summarize the current law for knives in CA? Are you allowed to carry a folded ~ 4" blade knife in your pocket if the knife locks in open position?

NEW YORK STATE RIFLE & PISTOL ASSN., INC. v. BRUEN may impact some of the CA laws in this space:

"New York’s proper-cause requirement violates the Fourteenth Amendment by preventing law-abiding citizens with ordinary self-defense needs from exercising their Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms in public for self-defense."
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan24817.00
      07-08-2022, 03:09 PM   #6204
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarea328xit View Post
Quote:
He had a concealed knife locked in the fixed position (…a felony here in California) and he manufactured a sheath for the knife out of writing paper and black electrical tape (…which aided articulating his intent to have the knife available as an immediate stabbing device; dirk/dagger).
Can you summarize the current law for knives in CA? Are you allowed to carry a folded ~ 4" blade knife in your pocket if the knife locks in open position?

NEW YORK STATE RIFLE & PISTOL ASSN., INC. v. BRUEN may impact some of the CA laws in this space:

"New York's proper-cause requirement violates the Fourteenth Amendment by preventing law-abiding citizens with ordinary self-defense needs from exercising their Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms in public for self-defense."
In California, you can carry folding knives in your pocket, backpack, etc. Fixed blade knives, folding knives in the locked position, etc. cannot be carried concealed. It's not uncommon to see people carrying the Rambo style knives affixed to their belts in a sheath, but the moment you conceal it in a pocket, a boot, a backpack, etc., it becomes a violation of the law (…see 21310 P.C.).

P.S. The N.Y.R.P.A. v Bruen ruling has already begun to affect things here, and rightfully so. I was very happy about that ruling.
Appreciate 4
vreihen1614886.50
Suds1595.50