Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-26-2019, 12:15 AM   #2003
Nahlem
Lieutenant
Nahlem's Avatar
Sweden
445
Rep
554
Posts

 
Drives: BMW i3s (DD)
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Sweden

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roch M4 View Post
Ah ah! In 2015 there was 1.2 billions vehicles in use worldwide...in 2017 there was 3,5 Millions electric cars in use...do you maths...electric vehicles is 0,0029 %...this is equivalent to BMW worldwide production in 2018. Manufacturers do not have any choice but to sale electric car to meet climate regulations and to be accepted in the new society standards that everything must be clean, green and zero emissions.

Some electric cars owners think that they are a good thing for the planet, other only want to save some money (to be demonstrated) while others they just want to drive the ultimate "fancy" popular electric car brand...
Actually it all depends on where you live but here is the cold hard truth and you might not like it ICE vehicles will be regulated out of existence that's a thing thats gonna happen.

What won't happen is they won't regulate yet is heavy construction equipment like excavators and such.

Also regulations on Lorries will also take some time sens there isn't to much viable options yet.

But the personal car will be regulated out because most people can actually survive with EV vehicles for their daily driving. What regulators do not take in to account witch is sad but the automotive industry has no one but them self to blame the minute the governments need to step in and regulate for a change to happen then stuff goes down like this. But what i was saying what regulators don't take in to account is road trips for long journeys this ain't a must to do for most people, they do not take in to account fun of a car or how to fun i handles etc.... all the stuff that enthusiasts cherish so much. They only look at the practical parts do people need a car to get to work? If yes, how to we regulate it properly and then stuff like this gets regulated so the car is reduced to a machine that takes you from A to B and that is all.

The automotive industry have been warned so many times over that this would happen and they din't hear it or just din't wan't to listen and now this is going down.

It is happening in the EU it will happen in US and it will surely happen in Canada, I am not necessarily saying electric is the ultimate future we might se alternatives that relies on new form of matter to propel our cars forward.

But its happening and BMW is only making sure they change in time if though they are quite late on the ball to have grabbed the initial storm of customers that own tesla cars right now.

All this crying in this topic is fine for now but there won't be any automakers left who produces ICE vehicles due to all being regulated out and most people i have seen on this forums do change cars quite often so in the end all will be driving electric or an alternative fuel that won't produce emissions locally.

Because they will first regulate the automotive industry witch is at the far end of this line then they will regulated all the energy producers out there because they refuse to change by free will and so they will be forced to.

Fusion power is closer then you might think and when that comes witch it will cause there have been some amazing achievements lately in that department bye bye all form of fossil fuel ways of producing energy.
__________________
Current Car: BMW i3s BEV (MY19) (DD)

Former Car: BMW X1 20d x-drive (MY16)|BMW m235i (MY14)|Former Car: BMW 120d (MY12)|Former Car: Volvo C30 T5 R-Design (MY08)|Former Car: Volvo C70 T5 (MY06)|Former Car: Volvo S40 2.0T(MY1999)
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2019, 12:37 AM   #2004
///M4ster Yoda
Brigadier General
///M4ster Yoda's Avatar
2954
Rep
3,503
Posts

 
Drives: '16 F82 M4
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Long Island, NY

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahlem View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roch M4 View Post
Ah ah! In 2015 there was 1.2 billions vehicles in use worldwide...in 2017 there was 3,5 Millions electric cars in use...do you maths...electric vehicles is 0,0029 %...this is equivalent to BMW worldwide production in 2018. Manufacturers do not have any choice but to sale electric car to meet climate regulations and to be accepted in the new society standards that everything must be clean, green and zero emissions.

Some electric cars owners think that they are a good thing for the planet, other only want to save some money (to be demonstrated) while others they just want to drive the ultimate "fancy" popular electric car brand...
Actually it all depends on where you live but here is the cold hard truth and you might not like it ICE vehicles will be regulated out of existence that's a thing thats gonna happen.

What won't happen is they won't regulate yet is heavy construction equipment like excavators and such.

Also regulations on Lorries will also take some time sens there isn't to much viable options yet.

But the personal car will be regulated out because most people can actually survive with EV vehicles for their daily driving. What regulators do not take in to account witch is sad but the automotive industry has no one but them self to blame the minute the governments need to step in and regulate for a change to happen then stuff goes down like this. But what i was saying what regulators don't take in to account is road trips for long journeys this ain't a must to do for most people, they do not take in to account fun of a car or how to fun i handles etc.... all the stuff that enthusiasts cherish so much. They only look at the practical parts do people need a car to get to work? If yes, how to we regulate it properly and then stuff like this gets regulated so the car is reduced to a machine that takes you from A to B and that is all.

The automotive industry have been warned so many times over that this would happen and they din't hear it or just din't wan't to listen and now this is going down.

It is happening in the EU it will happen in US and it will surely happen in Canada, I am not necessarily saying electric is the ultimate future we might se alternatives that relies on new form of matter to propel our cars forward.

But its happening and BMW is only making sure they change in time if though they are quite late on the ball to have grabbed the initial storm of customers that own tesla cars right now.

All this crying in this topic is fine for now but there won't be any automakers left who produces ICE vehicles due to all being regulated out and most people i have seen on this forums do change cars quite often so in the end all will be driving electric or an alternative fuel that won't produce emissions locally.

Because they will first regulate the automotive industry witch is at the far end of this line then they will regulated all the energy producers out there because they refuse to change by free will and so they will be forced to.

Fusion power is closer then you might think and when that comes witch it will cause there have been some amazing achievements lately in that department bye bye all form of fossil fuel ways of producing energy.
I love when Europeans tell everybody that ICE will be regulated out of existence. Maybe in your country of like what 12 million people they will. Not gonna happen in the US which is a country of 330 million.

I'm prepared to leave the German brands in the dust when the time comes and go American Muscle. By the look of things Porsche is gonna be the only brand left in a few years worth a damn anyway.
__________________
'03 330 '04 325 '08 328 '11 335 '11 335is
'14 335 '16 340 '16 M4 (Retired)
4 ED's 1 PCD
Current Stable: '19 X3 (Wifey) '20 ZCP M4 (Mine)
Appreciate 3
glennQNYC5542.50
blockdoc205.00
10"2150.50

      06-26-2019, 01:28 AM   #2005
blockdoc
First Lieutenant
United_States
205
Rep
375
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 M4
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Santa Barbara, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M TOWN View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roch M4 View Post
EV's are only a trend! We don't have anyway enough ressources to built millions of them and an electric car is just a regular car with an external combustion engine. They drive green locally but they create the same pollution in another place to produce electricity. 87% of worldwide electricity is based on coal, fuel or nuclear production. Extraction or rare earth to make the electric engine and the battery is not really eco friendly.


Cool story brosef.

Why not spread your FUD elsewhere.
But he's right! There's not enough lithium on the planet for all these batteries. And how exactly are we charging all of them?
Appreciate 1
Roch M4118.00

      06-26-2019, 01:31 AM   #2006
Tracus
Major
Tracus's Avatar
No_Country
644
Rep
1,385
Posts

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by clee1982 View Post
I live in NYC, most garage is crap with regard to charging otherwise I might have bought Tesla instead 540...

I really look forward when BMW can deliver 600hp with 3700 lb...

Electric vehicle instant torque is addicting, can't see how combustion engine can compete in the long run, I understand how everyone talk about emotional attachment but just imagine the day when you're always the last to be off the line on traffic light and always slowest to merge on the highway...
Bring that Tesla in Canada, jump in it in Calgary and go through The Rockies. All ICE vehicles will pass you slow while you are waiting for the grizly bear to bring you a bucket of power...
Oh, did I mentioned -40 C (or F), the “ideal” environment for your vehicle which will short your distance by half?
And This is without heating and your fan on. And BTW, do not listen that AC DC tune too loud... Better turn the radio off, we need the battery!
Appreciate 1
glennQNYC5542.50

      06-26-2019, 01:36 AM   #2007
///M TOWN
.
///M TOWN's Avatar
2047
Rep
2,329
Posts

 
Drives: ///M
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: North America

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blockdoc View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M TOWN View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roch M4 View Post
EV's are only a trend! We don't have anyway enough ressources to built millions of them and an electric car is just a regular car with an external combustion engine. They drive green locally but they create the same pollution in another place to produce electricity. 87% of worldwide electricity is based on coal, fuel or nuclear production. Extraction or rare earth to make the electric engine and the battery is not really eco friendly.


Cool story brosef.

Why not spread your FUD elsewhere.
But he's right! There's not enough lithium on the planet for all these batteries. And how exactly are we charging all of them?
At this time there is no issue charging cars. Expect public charging must be built out.

California is implemented new laws that brand new homes have to have solar panels and electric charge outlets in.

And battery tech is advancing every day and there are numerous suppliers that are ready to supply the automotive Giants of the world.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2019, 01:38 AM   #2008
Tracus
Major
Tracus's Avatar
No_Country
644
Rep
1,385
Posts

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M4ster Yoda View Post
I love when Europeans tell everybody that ICE will be regulated out of existence. Maybe in your country of like what 12 million people they will. Not gonna happen in the US which is a country of 330 million.

I'm prepared to leave the German brands in the dust when the time comes and go American Muscle. By the look of things Porsche is gonna be the only brand left in a few years worth a damn anyway.
He forgot to tell you how much brainwashing Sweden , Norway and Co give them everyday and what taxes they put on ICE to FORCE THEM to buy electric. Freedom of chice isn’t it?
Of course when you have no choice, that’s the better choice.
Appreciate 2
      06-26-2019, 01:41 AM   #2009
Tracus
Major
Tracus's Avatar
No_Country
644
Rep
1,385
Posts

 
Drives: BMW
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscam95 View Post
It’s time to put this myth to rest...
https://jalopnik.com/enough-with-the...-bu-1834338565
Do yourself a favour and read more than just Jalopnik amateure-esque crap.
Any well educated engineer in car manufacturing can enlighten you about the cost and environmental foot print left behind by the process of building an electric vehicle. A simple search will also help you understand how much that car needs to run in order to be green...

Jalopnik “specialists”
Appreciate 1
Roch M4118.00

      06-26-2019, 03:07 AM   #2010
Nahlem
Lieutenant
Nahlem's Avatar
Sweden
445
Rep
554
Posts

 
Drives: BMW i3s (DD)
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Sweden

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracus View Post
He forgot to tell you how much brainwashing Sweden , Norway and Co give them everyday and what taxes they put on ICE to FORCE THEM to buy electric. Freedom of chice isn’t it?
Of course when you have no choice, that’s the better choice.
Actually to be fair before you speak up yeah Swedish government is pushing hard on the people with this even though Sweden being on of the least environmental impact countries out there in the world. Where Sweden is one of the lowest countries causing environmental harm that's where there is other countries that should step up their game and take responsibility for their actions.

My self i din't switch to an EV vehicles because the government pushed me to it, i switched because i found the EV vehicles are a lot more fun then ICE vehicles, and Fun is a subjective term what i regard as fun is different then you but if my fun causes less harm for the environment then great that's just a bonus on the list. So don't assume stuff if you know nothing about the other person or other people for that matter. It makes ya look foolish.

I have driven loads of fun cars in my days and owned cars with both low end engines and top end engines.

For me if we would do these top priorities first is

1. Clean up the oceans from all waste.
2. Stop cutting down rain forest for live stock purposes considering the rain forests are our lungs to begin with.
3. Making sure people eating a varying diet like less animal products more green products would make a huge change for the environment. Especially us people in AAA countries where we have a choice.

Least on my list is co2 due to co2 to be fair they still have a hard time linking our co2 impact to the environment the earth is rather old so we have had quite different chemical balances through earths lifetime.

But the first 3 you can't ignore those are some of the biggest problems that needs solving. And people still refuse to stop throwing out garbage & waste out in nature and i mean all people not just one specific country, people still eat so much dairy products and meat linking the number 2-3 together all this causing way more harm in my opinion then the co2 even though dairy/meat industry is one of the biggest polluters out there.

Just maybe if people would have fixed 1,2,3 we wouldn't see this ginormous push on the automotive industry we are seeing today.

And there it is the simple reason of all people being all about yeah i can do whatever i wan't and no one can tell me not to and now this is the result of it.

When the bigger part of the people pushing governments in to action then the rest of the enthusiastic who likes cars for enjoyment gets punished.
__________________
Current Car: BMW i3s BEV (MY19) (DD)

Former Car: BMW X1 20d x-drive (MY16)|BMW m235i (MY14)|Former Car: BMW 120d (MY12)|Former Car: Volvo C30 T5 R-Design (MY08)|Former Car: Volvo C70 T5 (MY06)|Former Car: Volvo S40 2.0T(MY1999)
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2019, 03:17 AM   #2011
Nahlem
Lieutenant
Nahlem's Avatar
Sweden
445
Rep
554
Posts

 
Drives: BMW i3s (DD)
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Sweden

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M4ster Yoda View Post
I love when Europeans tell everybody that ICE will be regulated out of existence. Maybe in your country of like what 12 million people they will. Not gonna happen in the US which is a country of 330 million.

I'm prepared to leave the German brands in the dust when the time comes and go American Muscle. By the look of things Porsche is gonna be the only brand left in a few years worth a damn anyway.
Then do so leave the german brands if you don't like, but even the american brands will be sooner or later forced to do the same choice.

the US is not the only market for the automakers of america. If ford suddenly decides well there is more profit in going EV then having none EV cars being sold in the US because lets say 330 million people wants ICE engines they will still offer EV more then ICE vehicles so its gonna happen either way. Although it might not be only EV it might be some other form of propellent that drives the car forward.

You got to see the bigger picture in it if the market dictates ICE engines are less profitable then Ev, or some other alternative. Then there is no point in continuing doing ICe engines just because a certain group of people dislikes that choice a company follows the money and the money is no longer in ICE vehicles.
__________________
Current Car: BMW i3s BEV (MY19) (DD)

Former Car: BMW X1 20d x-drive (MY16)|BMW m235i (MY14)|Former Car: BMW 120d (MY12)|Former Car: Volvo C30 T5 R-Design (MY08)|Former Car: Volvo C70 T5 (MY06)|Former Car: Volvo S40 2.0T(MY1999)
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2019, 03:33 AM   #2012
///M4ster Yoda
Brigadier General
///M4ster Yoda's Avatar
2954
Rep
3,503
Posts

 
Drives: '16 F82 M4
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Long Island, NY

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahlem View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M4ster Yoda View Post
I love when Europeans tell everybody that ICE will be regulated out of existence. Maybe in your country of like what 12 million people they will. Not gonna happen in the US which is a country of 330 million.

I'm prepared to leave the German brands in the dust when the time comes and go American Muscle. By the look of things Porsche is gonna be the only brand left in a few years worth a damn anyway.
Then do so leave the german brands if you don't like, but even the american brands will be sooner or later forced to do the same choice.

the US is not the only market for the automakers of america. If ford suddenly decides well there is more profit in going EV then having none EV cars being sold in the US because lets say 330 million people wants ICE engines they will still offer EV more then ICE vehicles so its gonna happen either way. Although it might not be only EV it might be some other form of propellent that drives the car forward.

You got to see the bigger picture in it if the market dictates ICE engines are less profitable then Ev, or some other alternative. Then there is no point in continuing doing ICe engines just because a certain group of people dislikes that choice a company follows the money and the money is no longer in ICE vehicles.
I just shake my head at you Europeans. So much brainwashing. Loving traveling to Europe but glad I live in the good ole USA.

ICE will not be gone in the USA for many many years. Period

Even if we elected every crazy liberal politician we could (like you do in Europe) they would still be unable to regulate ICE out of existence. It's not gonna happen. Big rigs, SUVs, truckers, etc etc.... people that "drive" these vehicles are not/can not gonna give up their ICE vehicles easily.

This is why the US is great. We have CHOICES.
__________________
'03 330 '04 325 '08 328 '11 335 '11 335is
'14 335 '16 340 '16 M4 (Retired)
4 ED's 1 PCD
Current Stable: '19 X3 (Wifey) '20 ZCP M4 (Mine)
Appreciate 1
glennQNYC5542.50

      06-26-2019, 03:34 AM   #2013
hans007
Captain
406
Rep
879
Posts

 
Drives: 2017 Audi A4
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nahlem View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M4ster Yoda View Post
I love when Europeans tell everybody that ICE will be regulated out of existence. Maybe in your country of like what 12 million people they will. Not gonna happen in the US which is a country of 330 million.

I'm prepared to leave the German brands in the dust when the time comes and go American Muscle. By the look of things Porsche is gonna be the only brand left in a few years worth a damn anyway.
Then do so leave the german brands if you don't like, but even the american brands will be sooner or later forced to do the same choice.

the US is not the only market for the automakers of america. If ford suddenly decides well there is more profit in going EV then having none EV cars being sold in the US because lets say 330 million people wants ICE engines they will still offer EV more then ICE vehicles so its gonna happen either way. Although it might not be only EV it might be some other form of propellent that drives the car forward.

You got to see the bigger picture in it if the market dictates ICE engines are less profitable then Ev, or some other alternative. Then there is no point in continuing doing ICe engines just because a certain group of people dislikes that choice a company follows the money and the money is no longer in ICE vehicles.
I am buying a z4 fairly soon (no not an m or even m performance but still a ICE car) because I want to enjoy it while it lasts.

I just feel like it will never feel the same when we're all basically in wheeled electronic sensor pods that makes no noise. Enjoy your electric motorless cars while you still can, it'll be a blink of an eye and everything new and high end will be some mega golf cart
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2019, 04:07 AM   #2014
sward
Lieutenant
sward's Avatar
Sweden
206
Rep
463
Posts

 
Drives: X5 M50D G05
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Stockholm, Sweden

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M4ster Yoda View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M TOWN View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 530iDriver View Post
Not until we move past lithium battery technology and into solid state batteries, I don't see much in terms of wide spread adoption of EVs. 5 minute full charge is a must.
When Tesla Model 3 is outselling BMW 3er, Mercedes C Class, and Lexus IS combined...

I'd say the writing is all over the wall ‼️
Where is this happening? I don't see many Model 3s on the road and I live in the very populated suburbs of NYC
They do sell a lot in Sweden. I think T3 is the 5th most selling car right now. You pay extremely low tax if your company leases one for you.
__________________
/Fredrik Swärd
BMW X5 M50d -19 (G05)
Sold: BMW X5 M50d -17 (F15), X5 M50d -14 (F15), 116d -13 (F20), X5 3.0D -10 (E70), M3 -10 (E93), 320DX -10 (E91), 320D M -08 (E91), X3 3.0D -07 (E83), 335 -07 (E92), 325 -05 (E90), 320 M -02 (E46), 318 M -00 (E46), 320 CiA -93 (E36), 318 -89 (E30)
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2019, 04:10 AM   #2015
///M4ster Yoda
Brigadier General
///M4ster Yoda's Avatar
2954
Rep
3,503
Posts

 
Drives: '16 F82 M4
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Long Island, NY

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sward View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M4ster Yoda View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M TOWN View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 530iDriver View Post
Not until we move past lithium battery technology and into solid state batteries, I don't see much in terms of wide spread adoption of EVs. 5 minute full charge is a must.
When Tesla Model 3 is outselling BMW 3er, Mercedes C Class, and Lexus IS combined...

I'd say the writing is all over the wall ‼️
Where is this happening? I don't see many Model 3s on the road and I live in the very populated suburbs of NYC
They do sell a lot in Sweden. I think T3 is the 5th most selling car right now. You pay extremely low tax if your company leases one for you.
What's the population of Sweden? 10 million? We have more then that in the New York Metro area alone
__________________
'03 330 '04 325 '08 328 '11 335 '11 335is
'14 335 '16 340 '16 M4 (Retired)
4 ED's 1 PCD
Current Stable: '19 X3 (Wifey) '20 ZCP M4 (Mine)
Appreciate 1
glennQNYC5542.50

      06-26-2019, 04:21 AM   #2016
sward
Lieutenant
sward's Avatar
Sweden
206
Rep
463
Posts

 
Drives: X5 M50D G05
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Stockholm, Sweden

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M4ster Yoda View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sward View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M4ster Yoda View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M TOWN View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 530iDriver View Post
Not until we move past lithium battery technology and into solid state batteries, I don't see much in terms of wide spread adoption of EVs. 5 minute full charge is a must.
When Tesla Model 3 is outselling BMW 3er, Mercedes C Class, and Lexus IS combined...

I'd say the writing is all over the wall ‼️
Where is this happening? I don't see many Model 3s on the road and I live in the very populated suburbs of NYC
They do sell a lot in Sweden. I think T3 is the 5th most selling car right now. You pay extremely low tax if your company leases one for you.
What's the population of Sweden? 10 million? We have more then that in the New York Metro area alone
Yes. 10M. A pretty small population in a country the size of California.

My point is that I see at least 20 T3 a day. They sell 3 times more Tesla 3 than BMW 3-Series.
__________________
/Fredrik Swärd
BMW X5 M50d -19 (G05)
Sold: BMW X5 M50d -17 (F15), X5 M50d -14 (F15), 116d -13 (F20), X5 3.0D -10 (E70), M3 -10 (E93), 320DX -10 (E91), 320D M -08 (E91), X3 3.0D -07 (E83), 335 -07 (E92), 325 -05 (E90), 320 M -02 (E46), 318 M -00 (E46), 320 CiA -93 (E36), 318 -89 (E30)
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2019, 04:34 AM   #2017
paliknight
fuck this field
paliknight's Avatar
United_States
1258
Rep
2,081
Posts

 
Drives: 18 F80 CS/18 F80 ZCP/19 M2C
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: everywhere

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sward View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M4ster Yoda View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sward View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M4ster Yoda View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M TOWN View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 530iDriver View Post
Not until we move past lithium battery technology and into solid state batteries, I don't see much in terms of wide spread adoption of EVs. 5 minute full charge is a must.
When Tesla Model 3 is outselling BMW 3er, Mercedes C Class, and Lexus IS combined...

I'd say the writing is all over the wall ‼️
Where is this happening? I don't see many Model 3s on the road and I live in the very populated suburbs of NYC
They do sell a lot in Sweden. I think T3 is the 5th most selling car right now. You pay extremely low tax if your company leases one for you.
What's the population of Sweden? 10 million? We have more then that in the New York Metro area alone
Yes. 10M. A pretty small population in a country the size of California.

My point is that I see at least 20 T3 a day. They sell 3 times more Tesla 3 than BMW 3-Series.
They may sell three times more, in Sweden maybe.

But Tesla is not outselling MB nor BMW in any of the most populated countries in the world. You are not comparing apples to apples.
__________________
BMW family... for now.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2019, 05:36 AM   #2018
clee1982
Major
United_States
495
Rep
1,278
Posts

 
Drives: 2019 BMW 540i xDrive
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: NYC

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Well the elephant in the room is China, it's going EV pretty rapidly, BMW (or any manufacturer) will not ignore that market (even if you end up with a somewhat divide system of lots of Chinese market only vehicle).
Appreciate 1
      06-26-2019, 05:51 AM   #2019
clee1982
Major
United_States
495
Rep
1,278
Posts

 
Drives: 2019 BMW 540i xDrive
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: NYC

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
On a combined cycle basis electric is certainly not as "clean", but I can't see it being dirtier.

From a pure better utility point of view (ignore the fun part) once battery technology gets there hard to argue against less moving parts, instant torque etc.

On the electric generation front, even if it's generated by fossil fuel, a generator running at optimal rpm most of the time is still more efficient vs million of ICE engine running on fossil fuel with RPM up and down (same goes with capturing/purifying anything from exhaust on million of vehicle vs a power station)

The unknown part (to me at least) is how dirty is making batteries (and with new battery technology come in up in mind)
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2019, 05:54 AM   #2020
clee1982
Major
United_States
495
Rep
1,278
Posts

 
Drives: 2019 BMW 540i xDrive
Join Date: Nov 2018
Location: NYC

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by clee1982 View Post
I live in NYC, most garage is crap with regard to charging otherwise I might have bought Tesla instead 540...

I really look forward when BMW can deliver 600hp with 3700 lb...

Electric vehicle instant torque is addicting, can't see how combustion engine can compete in the long run, I understand how everyone talk about emotional attachment but just imagine the day when you're always the last to be off the line on traffic light and always slowest to merge on the highway...
Bring that Tesla in Canada, jump in it in Calgary and go through The Rockies. All ICE vehicles will pass you slow while you are waiting for the grizly bear to bring you a bucket of power...
Oh, did I mentioned -40 C (or F), the “ideal” environment for your vehicle which will short your distance by half?
And This is without heating and your fan on. And BTW, do not listen that AC DC tune too loud... Better turn the radio off, we need the battery!
You mean battery tech is not there yet in cold weather, yea, but would it still be the case in the long run (or not even that long, two decades?)
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2019, 07:20 AM   #2021
///M4ster Yoda
Brigadier General
///M4ster Yoda's Avatar
2954
Rep
3,503
Posts

 
Drives: '16 F82 M4
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Long Island, NY

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sward View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M4ster Yoda View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sward View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M4ster Yoda View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M TOWN View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 530iDriver View Post
Not until we move past lithium battery technology and into solid state batteries, I don't see much in terms of wide spread adoption of EVs. 5 minute full charge is a must.
When Tesla Model 3 is outselling BMW 3er, Mercedes C Class, and Lexus IS combined...

I'd say the writing is all over the wall ‼️
Where is this happening? I don't see many Model 3s on the road and I live in the very populated suburbs of NYC
They do sell a lot in Sweden. I think T3 is the 5th most selling car right now. You pay extremely low tax if your company leases one for you.
What's the population of Sweden? 10 million? We have more then that in the New York Metro area alone
Yes. 10M. A pretty small population in a country the size of California.

My point is that I see at least 20 T3 a day. They sell 3 times more Tesla 3 than BMW 3-Series.
And my point is that you do not have many people in your country and your being FORCED by your ridiculous government to switch to EV.

So of course you see more Tesla's.

In this country with 30 times the amount of citizens and FREEDOM we barely see any Golf Carts (Tesla's).
__________________
'03 330 '04 325 '08 328 '11 335 '11 335is
'14 335 '16 340 '16 M4 (Retired)
4 ED's 1 PCD
Current Stable: '19 X3 (Wifey) '20 ZCP M4 (Mine)
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2019, 08:19 AM   #2022
ron_jeremy
Captain
ron_jeremy's Avatar
Norway
398
Rep
928
Posts

 
Drives: 13' F25 X3 20d & 16' i3
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Norway

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
@RonJeremy

See.. the end is not that near ..
Well, let put the ICE vs EV debate where the numbers says it all.

This is the numbers from another German maker, but the numbers is true for the industry.

E-tron/Q7
Assembly hours: 11 vs 33
Parts: 2500 / above 25.000
Moving parts: 70-90 / 2500
Energy efficient: 90% vs 30'ish
__________________
3 series: E30: 89 325i, E36: 92 325iC, 94 320iC, 96 320i Convertible, 94 320iaC, E46: 99 320ia, E90: 06 318i Le mans, E91: 07 318dt
5 series: E39: 97 520ia, 01 530Dat, E61: 09 520Dat
X series: E83 05 X3 2.0d, E84 10' X1 2.0 X-drive DA, F25 13' 2.0da X-drive.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2019, 08:29 AM   #2023
ron_jeremy
Captain
ron_jeremy's Avatar
Norway
398
Rep
928
Posts

 
Drives: 13' F25 X3 20d & 16' i3
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Norway

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M TOWN View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M TOWN View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M4ster Yoda View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M TOWN View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 530iDriver View Post
Not until we move past lithium battery technology and into solid state batteries, I don't see much in terms of wide spread adoption of EVs. 5 minute full charge is a must.
When Tesla Model 3 is outselling BMW 3er, Mercedes C Class, and Lexus IS combined...

I'd say the writing is all over the wall ‼️
Where is this happening? I don't see many Model 3s on the road and I live in the very populated suburbs of NYC
There aren't that many here in LA either. I see a fair amount of Tesla's, but the numbers aren't anything close to a 3 Series or C Class.
https://europe.autonews.com/automake...-rivals-europe

Also outselling then in North America as well.

Search for yourself.
That article is about EUROPE. You also need to read the fine details.
Same in North America.

Tesla just got to Europe recently.

Search away if you don't believe me.
Check your facts, we've had (Norway) the roadster since 2011 and the Model S since 2013. And here BMW 3 series are about 8** units a month, model 3 is 2/3 times that.
__________________
3 series: E30: 89 325i, E36: 92 325iC, 94 320iC, 96 320i Convertible, 94 320iaC, E46: 99 320ia, E90: 06 318i Le mans, E91: 07 318dt
5 series: E39: 97 520ia, 01 530Dat, E61: 09 520Dat
X series: E83 05 X3 2.0d, E84 10' X1 2.0 X-drive DA, F25 13' 2.0da X-drive.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2019, 08:33 AM   #2024
IB M
Colonel
1186
Rep
2,393
Posts

 
Drives: 2017 M3 MG/SO ZCP DCT
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: North Carolina

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2017 BMW M3  [0.00]
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ron_jeremy View Post
Well, let put the ICE vs EV debate where the numbers says it all.

This is the numbers from another German maker, but the numbers is true for the industry.

E-tron/Q7
Assembly hours: 11 vs 33
Parts: 2500 / above 25.000
Moving parts: 70-90 / 2500
Energy efficient: 90% vs 30'ish
Plus I imagine less maintenance ie oil changes, valve adjustments, water pumps, timing chains etc.


As for timing and milestones - this past April was the first month EVER in HISTORY that renewable energy production surpassed coal power production in the USA per Bloomberg. So plug ur PHEV into a solar and wind powered grid or if at night plug into your Tesla battery wall that was charged by the solar panels on your roof during the day.
Appreciate 1
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:29 AM.




5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST