Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Health, Fitness, Martial Arts, and Nutrition

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-14-2019, 07:58 AM   #727
FlaPatsFan
Major
728
Rep
1,161
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 328i wagon
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Yeah he is trying to break down those knots as well as increase flexibility in our sessions now. Programming he sends out and I'm doing solo at this point. Once he gets me sorted a bit then will do more in the gym with him.
I go once every few weeks for trigger point massage, works great for me and I feel back to 100% after. Especially in my hip and low back areas.

I also have a Hyperice vibrating foam roller. The thing is awesome, it takes foam rolling to the next level. It gets deeper into the muscle belly and fibers. I use it before train, religiously.

Finally, I use an inversion table once a day. Picked one up on Craigslist for a steal! It absolutely loosenes/opens up my spine, hips, shoulders etc. Gets the blood flowing to areas that don稚 normally get it.

These body maintenance techniques and equipment essential for me, which directly impact and help/heal my recovery and training
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2019, 08:16 AM   #728
1MOREMOD
2018 track days - 0 ridge 1:52:24 pacific 1:33:30
1MOREMOD's Avatar
United_States
10749
Rep
23,023
Posts

 
Drives: Race car->
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: check your mirrors

iTrader: (5)

Yeah have triggerpoint firm roller and grid ball as well as lacrosse style ball to work with. Seems as soon as I workout I get all knotted up again.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2019, 08:17 AM   #729
The Chaddening
Major General
The Chaddening's Avatar
10821
Rep
5,245
Posts

 
Drives: 13' E92 BSM 335i 6MT
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Weld County, CO

iTrader: (0)

They have been bringing a physio-therapist into work recently. Been having my first go at Graston and cupping treatment.

WOW.
__________________
2013 BSM Coral Red E92 335i 6MT M-Sport
2016 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk Edition

War is Peace - Freedom is Slavery - Ignorance is Strength
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2019, 08:19 AM   #730
1MOREMOD
2018 track days - 0 ridge 1:52:24 pacific 1:33:30
1MOREMOD's Avatar
United_States
10749
Rep
23,023
Posts

 
Drives: Race car->
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: check your mirrors

iTrader: (5)

Does your wife know some chicks been cupping you
Appreciate 1
      05-14-2019, 12:14 PM   #731
Rmtt
Colonel
Rmtt's Avatar
United_States
8017
Rep
2,198
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: South Carolina

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldPump View Post
They have been bringing a physio-therapist into work recently. Been having my first go at Graston and cupping treatment.

WOW.
Graston is awesome. It's gotten me through some times when I could have just kept inflicting injury, and allowed me to continue training.
__________________
Everybody has a gameplan....until they get punched in the mouth.
Appreciate 1
      05-14-2019, 12:18 PM   #732
Rmtt
Colonel
Rmtt's Avatar
United_States
8017
Rep
2,198
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: South Carolina

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPatsFan View Post
I go once every few weeks for trigger point massage, works great for me and I feel back to 100% after. Especially in my hip and low back areas.

I also have a Hyperice vibrating foam roller. The thing is awesome, it takes foam rolling to the next level. It gets deeper into the muscle belly and fibers. I use it before train, religiously.

Finally, I use an inversion table once a day. Picked one up on Craigslist for a steal! It absolutely loosenes/opens up my spine, hips, shoulders etc. Gets the blood flowing to areas that don稚 normally get it.

These body maintenance techniques and equipment essential for me, which directly impact and help/heal my recovery and training
Also been using a foam roller extensively....especially for static stretches with my hip flexors. In the past before foam rollers became popular, I remember rolling out my IT Bands with a paint roller you would buy at any hardware store. Put a 3" roller on it, and just work them over after leg day.

Also I have been using the inversion table we have at my gym daily for almost a year. I really didn't put much stock into it at first as I'm a minimalist type of guy...so it took a few months of friends telling me about it before I even gave it a whirl.

Now I don't know how I lived without it!
__________________
Everybody has a gameplan....until they get punched in the mouth.
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2019, 12:43 PM   #733
Rmtt
Colonel
Rmtt's Avatar
United_States
8017
Rep
2,198
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: South Carolina

iTrader: (3)

So my update.....today was back.

Deadlift - 8 sets of 3 reps....all at 465lbs.
Bent Barbell Row - 5 sets of 10 reps at 225lbs.
Weighted pull-ups - 4 sets 10 reps with 45lbs chained to me.


Then I found out a new use for the Rogue Squat Machine with the hook on the platform. I connected a handle to it and found that it's perfect for doing one-arm rows like you would with a dumbbell....but allows you to rotate your grip as you perform the row and really constrict the lats.

All in all a pretty good workout!
__________________
Everybody has a gameplan....until they get punched in the mouth.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2019, 11:10 AM   #734
1MOREMOD
2018 track days - 0 ridge 1:52:24 pacific 1:33:30
1MOREMOD's Avatar
United_States
10749
Rep
23,023
Posts

 
Drives: Race car->
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: check your mirrors

iTrader: (5)

Doing back squat today as my max effort lift, should be interesting been off it for a while. Probably be light and deliberate reps.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2019, 11:15 AM   #735
FlaPatsFan
Major
728
Rep
1,161
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 328i wagon
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
So my update.....today was back.

Deadlift - 8 sets of 3 reps....all at 465lbs.
Bent Barbell Row - 5 sets of 10 reps at 225lbs.
Weighted pull-ups - 4 sets 10 reps with 45lbs chained to me.


Then I found out a new use for the Rogue Squat Machine with the hook on the platform. I connected a handle to it and found that it's perfect for doing one-arm rows like you would with a dumbbell....but allows you to rotate your grip as you perform the row and really constrict the lats.

All in all a pretty good workout!
Good stuff Rmtt! Some serious volume with DLs! 8x3 at that weight is no joke! The last big DL volume day I did was 5x3 at 455. Just a bit under what you did.

Squats other day went well....worked up to 3x3 at 405. Man, I felt it the next day...deep soreness! Today is garage sesh of Shoulders with the landmine attachment followed by waiter presses with KBs. End with RDLs and hammy stuff. Extra conditioning/endurance after, weather is beautiful here in Florida!
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8017.00

      05-15-2019, 02:45 PM   #736
Rmtt
Colonel
Rmtt's Avatar
United_States
8017
Rep
2,198
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: South Carolina

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Doing back squat today as my max effort lift, should be interesting been off it for a while. Probably be light and deliberate reps.
Just take it as it comes and do what you can. I know you immediately want to crush the weight, but I wouldn't chance injuring anything at this time until you get settled in with your new workouts.

You will be beating your previous best lifts before long!
__________________
Everybody has a gameplan....until they get punched in the mouth.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2019, 02:53 PM   #737
Rmtt
Colonel
Rmtt's Avatar
United_States
8017
Rep
2,198
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: South Carolina

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPatsFan View Post
Good stuff Rmtt! Some serious volume with DLs! 8x3 at that weight is no joke! The last big DL volume day I did was 5x3 at 455. Just a bit under what you did.

Squats other day went well....worked up to 3x3 at 405. Man, I felt it the next day...deep soreness! Today is garage sesh of Shoulders with the landmine attachment followed by waiter presses with KBs. End with RDLs and hammy stuff. Extra conditioning/endurance after, weather is beautiful here in Florida!
Thanks! They actually felt really good. I started my diet on Monday, but ate so much during the 3 days before with my daughter's wedding parties that next week I probably won't be able to lift that amount...lol.

The last two mornings we've woken up to mid 40's.....and I have loved it. Gets to about 68 during the day....so it's been nice!
__________________
Everybody has a gameplan....until they get punched in the mouth.
Appreciate 0
      05-15-2019, 02:54 PM   #738
1MOREMOD
2018 track days - 0 ridge 1:52:24 pacific 1:33:30
1MOREMOD's Avatar
United_States
10749
Rep
23,023
Posts

 
Drives: Race car->
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: check your mirrors

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post
Just take it as it comes and do what you can. I know you immediately want to crush the weight, but I wouldn't chance injuring anything at this time until you get settled in with your new workouts.

You will be beating your previous best lifts before long!
Yeah not expecting miracles anytime soon or to lift as heavy anymore just more focused on area I wanna work.
Appreciate 0
      05-16-2019, 11:04 AM   #739
Rmtt
Colonel
Rmtt's Avatar
United_States
8017
Rep
2,198
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: South Carolina

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Yeah not expecting miracles anytime soon or to lift as heavy anymore just more focused on area I wanna work.

I think that is the best way to go about it. In the past I should have done that, but was stubborn and basically spinning my wheels.

It wasn't until I cut back and let everything heal that things started moving forward again. Another benefit of that is once you are able to get back into it full-bore, your enthusiasm goes through the roof!
__________________
Everybody has a gameplan....until they get punched in the mouth.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2019, 06:50 PM   #740
FlaPatsFan
Major
728
Rep
1,161
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 328i wagon
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Yeah not expecting miracles anytime soon or to lift as heavy anymore just more focused on area I wanna work.
Just train smart and you値l be fine
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2019, 07:19 PM   #741
1MOREMOD
2018 track days - 0 ridge 1:52:24 pacific 1:33:30
1MOREMOD's Avatar
United_States
10749
Rep
23,023
Posts

 
Drives: Race car->
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: check your mirrors

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPatsFan View Post
Just train smart and you値l be fine
I dont wanna, I need to ego lift my brains out
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2019, 08:44 PM   #742
FlaPatsFan
Major
728
Rep
1,161
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 328i wagon
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
I dont wanna, I need to ego lift my brains out
Haaaa, I hear ya bro. But at our age ego lifting leads to injury. Train smarter not harder, words I live by now. I知 no stranger to stopping or backing off programmed weights if I知 not feeling right. It has definitely saved me multiple times. I値l ego lift the shit out of the gym if I知 feeling tip top, but if I知 healing or nursing an injury....no way.


Rmtt....I forgot to ask/mention Jefferson DLs. Are you familiar with this movement? They are another favorite of mine, kind of a combo between a DL and a Squat....sort of. They are a bit awkward until you get the technique down. But I will say they have definitely helped both my DL and Squat!

Example....today I did 10,10 (5 reps each side).6,6,6(3reps each side)4,4 (2reps each side) up to a finishing weight of 400. I will do these every few weeks as a variation. Curious your thoughts.
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2019, 10:02 PM   #743
1MOREMOD
2018 track days - 0 ridge 1:52:24 pacific 1:33:30
1MOREMOD's Avatar
United_States
10749
Rep
23,023
Posts

 
Drives: Race car->
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: check your mirrors

iTrader: (5)

Got them arms tonight so no chance to ego lift right?
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2019, 11:12 PM   #744
FlaPatsFan
Major
728
Rep
1,161
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 328i wagon
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Got them arms tonight so no chance to ego lift right?
I think you can ego lift those, lol
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2019, 11:33 PM   #745
1MOREMOD
2018 track days - 0 ridge 1:52:24 pacific 1:33:30
1MOREMOD's Avatar
United_States
10749
Rep
23,023
Posts

 
Drives: Race car->
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: check your mirrors

iTrader: (5)

Ha some dude said like 5 times while had earbuds in, how long has it been since you looked like me. Finally heard him and said it's been a while. Opps what an asshole. Coulsnt take it back so just laughed. His girl was standing there also.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8017.00

      05-18-2019, 06:35 AM   #746
Rmtt
Colonel
Rmtt's Avatar
United_States
8017
Rep
2,198
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: South Carolina

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPatsFan View Post
Haaaa, I hear ya bro. But at our age ego lifting leads to injury. Train smarter not harder, words I live by now. I知 no stranger to stopping or backing off programmed weights if I知 not feeling right. It has definitely saved me multiple times. I値l ego lift the shit out of the gym if I知 feeling tip top, but if I知 healing or nursing an injury....no way.

Rmtt....I forgot to ask/mention Jefferson DLs. Are you familiar with this movement? They are another favorite of mine, kind of a combo between a DL and a Squat....sort of. They are a bit awkward until you get the technique down. But I will say they have definitely helped both my DL and Squat!

Example....today I did 10,10 (5 reps each side).6,6,6(3reps each side)4,4 (2reps each side) up to a finishing weight of 400. I will do these every few weeks as a variation. Curious your thoughts.
Holy crap.....I haven't seen Jefferson's in years. I remember a long time ago when I was young and stupid, and had a lower back injury I kept trying to train through.

My current gym owner who was a competitive powerlifter in the 70's actually showed me that exercise. It allowed me to deadlift with virtually no pain while my back recovered.

I remember it was a very awkward exercise for me to learn, but being short and having a short range of motion I got pretty decent at it.

I need to research it again as I used it as a means to an end, but I didn't really approach it from a "gains" perspective.

I honestly thought of it as a rehab exercise during the time!
__________________
Everybody has a gameplan....until they get punched in the mouth.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2019, 06:36 AM   #747
Rmtt
Colonel
Rmtt's Avatar
United_States
8017
Rep
2,198
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: South Carolina

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MOREMOD View Post
Ha some dude said like 5 times while had earbuds in, how long has it been since you looked like me. Finally heard him and said it's been a while. Opps what an asshole. Coulsnt take it back so just laughed. His girl was standing there also.
Lol....serves him right. Him mentioning that many times especially in front of his girl shows he was trying to be "cute".
__________________
Everybody has a gameplan....until they get punched in the mouth.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2019, 06:46 AM   #748
1MOREMOD
2018 track days - 0 ridge 1:52:24 pacific 1:33:30
1MOREMOD's Avatar
United_States
10749
Rep
23,023
Posts

 
Drives: Race car->
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: check your mirrors

iTrader: (5)

Weird thing is I dont see it, think I look normal or small.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:50 AM.




5post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST