New Ytest
Sign out
Bimmerpost
Login
BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read  
Go Back   BMW E39 5-Series Forum | 5Post.com > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge

02-06-2017, 08:26 PM   #155
itrsteve
First Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 2017 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by farshman View Post
but why? you're going to trade for and extend Mr. Dion Waiters any second...
Also, KP is great. Plus they are going to have Kevin Love and a lottery pick next year.

Kidding maybe, but KP is going to be huge though.
      02-08-2017, 10:12 PM   #156
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep

Drives: 14 Sahara/08 335xi/22 Maverick

Garage List
I feel so sorry for Knick fans as tonight yet another example of the gift that keeps on giving day after day after day with this pathetic franchise. Oakley gets kicked out of the Garden and another loss. They should trade Melo, Rose and Phil Jackson should go too. Oh and that lottery pick for the Knicks this draft? Guess what Knick fans, it's going to Chicaco as part of that Eddie Curry trade with the Bulls over 10 years ago. Gifts that keep on giving

Ok the pick is really the Knicks but they'll do something stupid and trade it for Chris Bosh.
Appreciate 1
VRG_135836.50
      02-08-2017, 11:37 PM   #157
ny325
Brigadier General
Rep

Drives: Jet Black E90

Even retired Knicks are not having any luck at MSG. As a Knicks fan, and growing up watching the knicks of old, and a fan of Oakley. I say Oakley was out of control, and his behavior was unacceptable. Regardless of his size, you don't put your finger in the face of another man. That security officer did a good job by walking away, after Oakley shoved his face with his finger. Someone else might've took a swing, and this would've really got ugly. As a Knicks fan, it's really frustrating to watch this team. I went to the game Monday night against the Lakers, and the Knicks showed no heart, and yet the garden was sold out. I was given tickets, and no, I wont pay to watch them.
Jackson needs to take his ass back to Los Angeles, and allow someone who will dedicate there time to improve the Knicks. He's absent to the media, and gives us Knicks fans nothing.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2017, 10:35 PM   #158
Germanauto
Major General
United_States
Rep

Drives: Alfa Romeo Giulia, Rosso

I'm not trying to defend Nolan cause he seems like a jackass, but Oakley clearly acted out of line and has a history of doing very similar things. I don't understand why so many people, especially in the media, are supporting him. It just makes it easier to bash Dolan I suppose.

Not a Knicks fan so I'm not biased.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2017, 09:11 AM   #159
VRG_135
Banned
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2012 Silver 135 DCT

Interesting reading......

https://theundefeated.com/features/c...their-history/
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2017, 06:12 PM   #160
farshman
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2015 228xi

hype game tonight, let's go.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2017, 09:56 AM   #161
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep

Garage List
Would OKC fans still feel butt hurt if KD went to Boston instead of GSW?
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2017, 03:43 PM   #162
itrsteve
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30lolz View Post
Would OKC fans still feel butt hurt if KD went to Boston instead of GSW?
I'm sure, but not to this degree.

They weren't winning either way so it's irrelevant I suppose.
      02-13-2017, 11:14 PM   #163
VRG_135
Banned
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2012 Silver 135 DCT

Another winning season....... I started going to games in 77 or 78.

http://www.espn.com/nba/game?gameId=400900230
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2017, 08:08 AM   #164
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by VRG_135 View Post
Another winning season....... I started going to games in 77 or 78.

http://www.espn.com/nba/game?gameId=400900230
Amazing what they have accomplished and they keep it low key.
Appreciate 0
      02-16-2017, 11:59 AM   #165
thebmwjunkiee
Lieutenant
Rep

Drives: 2016 535d M-Sport

http://www.espn.com/blog/boston/celt...ondo-eyes-bird

Isaiah is out here flourishing, great to see from such a small player. Also good to see Brad Stevens coaching the all start game, even though technically Cleveland has the best record. Only concern is that we are winning a lot of games by very small margins, many of these games could go either way. Just worried how that will hold up in the playoffs, they can't keep skating by.

Anyways, just proud of my celtics, no point to this post other than that. Just a great example of how to rebuild a team. Kind of taking a play out of the Patriots book, find some undervalued players that fit your needs perfectly

2016 535d M Sport, Space Gray/Mocha
Past: '14 328, '08 335, '04 525, '91 M5, '95 525
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2017, 02:55 PM   #166
itrsteve
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebmwjunkiee View Post

Isaiah is out here flourishing, great to see from such a small player. Also good to see Brad Stevens coaching the all start game, even though technically Cleveland has the best record. Only concern is that we are winning a lot of games by very small margins, many of these games could go either way. Just worried how that will hold up in the playoffs, they can't keep skating by.

Anyways, just proud of my celtics, no point to this post other than that. Just a great example of how to rebuild a team. Kind of taking a play out of the Patriots book, find some undervalued players that fit your needs perfectly
I bleed green and it's great to see that the rebuild has been going this well, but it's time to be honest and admit that they're only the 4th best in the east (there's no answer for TOR, CLE or WAS). They're coming back quicker than they should have been, time to be patient, enjoy the picks and let these two super teams die off.
      02-18-2017, 02:01 PM   #167
thebmwjunkiee
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by itrsteve View Post
I bleed green and it's great to see that the rebuild has been going this well, but it's time to be honest and admit that they're only the 4th best in the east (there's no answer for TOR, CLE or WAS). They're coming back quicker than they should have been, time to be patient, enjoy the picks and let these two super teams die off.

Agreed, I know they aren't serious contenders quite yet. Just very pleased with the rebuild so far. We are just barely squeezing wins out of pretty crappy teams, but we are starting to look very attractive to future players

Appreciate 0
      02-21-2017, 06:06 AM   #168
itrsteve
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Agreed, I know they aren't serious contenders quite yet. Just very pleased with the rebuild so far. We are just barely squeezing wins out of pretty crappy teams, but we are starting to look very attractive to future players
Man, this Butler thing could happen. Hopefully not at the cost of Brown, Smart or this years nets pick.

A big move is imminent, IT posted the same emoji that he tweeted when Horf got signed. The assistant GM tweeted

"Life in 2017: A player randomly tweets 👀 and ~20 reporters instantly txt or call you demanding to know when the trade is happening. Lol."

No "if" but when

Last edited by itrsteve; 02-21-2017 at 06:27 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2017, 10:51 AM   #169
thebmwjunkiee
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Man, this Butler thing could happen. Hopefully not at the cost of Brown, Smart or this years nets pick.

A big move is imminent, IT posted the same emoji that he tweeted when Horf got signed. The assistant GM tweeted

"Life in 2017: A player randomly tweets 👀 and ~20 reporters instantly txt or call you demanding to know when the trade is happening. Lol."

No "if" but when
Something good is happening, can't wait. I'd hate to lose smart, he's not a star but his ability to agitate and come up with clutch steals/turnovers is key to many of our close wins. And brown, love what I've seen so far. He's getting more comfortable making hard drives to the basket. The shots will start falling sooner rather than later, lots of potential

Patiently waiting, should be interesting to say the least

Appreciate 1
itrsteve136.50
      02-21-2017, 12:05 PM   #170
itrsteve
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Something good is happening, can't wait. I'd hate to lose smart, he's not a star but his ability to agitate and come up with clutch steals/turnovers is key to many of our close wins. And brown, love what I've seen so far. He's getting more comfortable making hard drives to the basket. The shots will start falling sooner rather than later, lots of potential

Patiently waiting, should be interesting to say the least
I would be shocked if Smart or Brown go. Rozier maybe. Brown is going to be huge and Smart is going to be that piece that always gives the C's that grit, stats rarely reflect how much of an impact he has. I have enough faith that DA understands their long term value.

AB, Crowder, Amir, JJ, Zeller are all targets for sure.

God, I fired up twitter and set alerts for everybody. I'm not getting any work done today/tomorrow. Things are so quiet right now that it's almost ominous, god I would love to be a fly on the wall for these negotiations.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2017, 11:14 AM   #171
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

*BREAKING* NBA TRADE NEWS....

DALLAS gets Nerlens Noel from 76ers for Justin Anderson and a conditional first Rd pick: Top 18 protected - which means, Dallas can still make the Playoffs and keep their draft pick! That is damn nice for my Mavs to get a young Big who is playing his best ball to date! Also sending Andrew Bogut so hasn't done shit here. I suspect Boston or Cans will buy out his contract and go to one of those teams.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2017, 10:49 PM   #172
thebmwjunkiee
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

No "if" but when
Somewhat surprised we didn't make a move before the deadline, although that's starting to become a thing with Ainge. I'm sure they were close but were being asked to give up too much in exchange. Slow and steady for now I guess. I really like this squad, but to truly compete we need a star. For now we need a big who will rebound / guard the rim. Way too many easy drives and second chances. Here's to hoping we can at least get past the 1st round this year, then get some help from the draft gods above

Appreciate 0
      02-24-2017, 09:28 AM   #173
itrsteve
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Somewhat surprised we didn't make a move before the deadline, although that's starting to become a thing with Ainge. I'm sure they were close but were being asked to give up too much in exchange. Slow and steady for now I guess. I really like this squad, but to truly compete we need a star. For now we need a big who will rebound / guard the rim. Way too many easy drives and second chances. Here's to hoping we can at least get past the 1st round this year, then get some help from the draft gods above
I'm 100% okay that we didn't get PG or Butler yesterday. It would of been cool for the sake of it, but not mortgaging a potential flight risk.

Bird wanted the 2017 Brooklyn pick + 3 of the 4 from AB, Crowder, Smart of Jaylen... I would of told him to get lost. Maybe the pick, one of those guys and a deeper 1st round non-brooklyn pick.

Danny played this one correct, if you can't knock off CLE or GSW then it's not worth shedding valuable assets on cheap contracts or potential big draft picks. Jimmy nor PG would have taken us past them.

Press on with this season, give the guys some further playoff experience, take your picks and shoot for Hayward in FA and make some trades for a big man.
      03-01-2017, 08:19 PM   #174
farshman
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2015 228xi

Quote:

We'll see how long they decide to keep IT:

Quote:
But the Celtics haven't been able to stop the Cavs defensively when Thomas is on the court. Over the past five meetings, the Cavs score 118.2 points per 100 possessions with Thomas in the game and just 104.5 with him off the floor. It is not a surprise that the Cavs have topped 120 points in each of the past three meetings.
Appreciate 1
      03-02-2017, 10:17 AM   #175
thebmwjunkiee
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by farshman View Post
We'll see how long they decide to keep IT:

Yeah, with the Celtics refusing to trade that Brooklyn pick away, it creates an interesting situation. The first couple picks next year will be point guards, and Thomas has proven with his play that he is deserving of a max contract (and will get one somewhere else). I'd much prefer we get rid of that pick for a big guy and keep Thomas, and I think he wants to stay and lead this team.

Time will tell, but that was a big win over the Cavs last night. We delivered late in the game against the reigning champs, who have been making easy work of our division all season

Appreciate 0
      03-03-2017, 10:37 AM   #176
itrsteve
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Yeah, with the Celtics refusing to trade that Brooklyn pick away, it creates an interesting situation. The first couple picks next year will be point guards, and Thomas has proven with his play that he is deserving of a max contract (and will get one somewhere else). I'd much prefer we get rid of that pick for a big guy and keep Thomas, and I think he wants to stay and lead this team.

Time will tell, but that was a big win over the Cavs last night. We delivered late in the game against the reigning champs, who have been making easy work of our division all season
Rarely are those top picks turn key NBA stars. Get IT on an extension this summer if he agrees and have him there to help develop the new talent. There's zero, absolutely zero reason to dump picks that could be franchise talent to make a run at a time when super teams are dominating.

Hayward will happen in FA, mark it.